Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria (74002 Views)

Prepare For A Pandemic Worse Than COVID-19 - WHO Chief, Tedros / UK, US, Canada Accuse Russia Of Hacking Coronavirus Vaccine Trials / COVID-19: WHO Says Madagascar's Herbal Tonic Not A Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Horus(m): 12:14pm On May 02, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbELYTYsY-c

Nigerian Speaker Proposes Forced COVID-19 Vaccination
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by ridonebabat(m): 12:16pm On May 02, 2020
lastclaire4:

I think your family wont object to using themselves for trials. We are fine if your family alone is used for the trials.
You are alive now because some people have served as guinea pig for all the vaccines you received when you were young. If not, may be by now, you would have been crippled by polio.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Pusyiter(m): 12:38pm On May 02, 2020
I sorry for you
Pure black brain that cannot read in between the lines
I was only talking about the origin of the virus
Even at that, where you there as the death figures roll out or you just believe like a zombie on the pages of papers and social media?
Is there any empirical proofs to show they died of COVID-19?
Let's be factual please.......there are more questions left unaswered..... lipsrsealed
alezzy13:

200k plus deaths and 3m plus infections is sham.

Who did this to you?

*sigh sad
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 02, 2020
enlighter:

Buhari Appoints a Gates-Funded WHO official in his Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 , and Outsources Nigeria’s Public Health Policy to the Bill& Melinda Gates Foundation.

The Presidential Task Force on Covid-19 was established by President Buhari on March 9, 2020, to coordinate and oversee Nigeria’s multi-sectoral inter-governmental efforts to contain the spread and mitigate the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. At the operational level, the Task Force has various Working Groups that implement its objectives.

The Task Force is also responsible for the following:
• Advising the President on the National Response to the pandemic
• Assessing the needs of State and Federal Governments, and liaising with the private sector and multilateral partners to mobilize needed resources.
• Accreditation of Isolation and Treatment Centres nationwide

As indicated in this article, these “vaccine trials” in Nigeria will be overseen by Dr Fiona Braka, a Gates funded WHO official from Uganda and member of Buhari’s PTF on COVID-19.

Concerned Nigerian citizens can verify the credentials of this WHO official, who recommended the 4-weeks Lockdown of Lagos, Abuja and Ogun State consulting her business profile at https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Fiona-Braka/-1956122020

Furthermore, it is worth mentioning that the Gates Foundation-funded vaccination programs in India, South Africa, Kenya, Nicaragua, Philippines have led to the killing of thousands of children and adults,as evidenced by this documentary which can be watched here: https://www.bitchute.com/video/x72X8XaTJA9t/

It is also important to stress that the conduct of the Bill&Melinda Gates Foundation in many developing nations has spawned a White House petition to investigate the “philanthropist”, for “crimes against humanity” and “medical malpractice”. This petition which started on April 10, 2020 has amassed more 400,000 signatures from concerned citizens, almost four times the number required to get a response from the US Presidency (https://the-levant.com/white-house-petition-investigate-bill-gates-crimes-humanity-gains-almost-400k-signatures/)

No children have died in SA, in fact SA has one of the lowest child mortality rate
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by mordred44: 1:03pm On May 02, 2020
naijanaso:
Who do us this thing...why we no get president naa?
naija don turn 2 guinea pigs land
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by bizhop01: 1:09pm On May 02, 2020
The trial should start with buhari and his family
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Strech(m): 1:10pm On May 02, 2020
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by lastclaire4(f): 1:14pm On May 02, 2020
ridonebabat:

You are alive now because some people have served as guinea pig for all the vaccines you received when you were young. If not, may be by now, you would have been crippled by polio.

Vaccine doesnt stop anything. Go and listen to those Americans do you think they have all taken vaccines in the past?

Now let is just reason this. The W.H.O has there is no studies to show that reinfection cannot occur for those who have had the virus in the past.

The little science we know is that when developing vaccines, it is the bacteria or the virus that is used in the development of the vaccine. Now, if WHO is saying the body of those that have suffered cannot develop enough antibodies against reinfection in future, then of what use is the vaccine?
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:14pm On May 02, 2020
Racoon:
shocked What about Wuhan where it all started or Italy, US? Why Nigeria? On top which person head? So are we truly Guinea pigs? It seems the WHO/Bill Gates conspiracy is true esp.with the HOR hurried passage of the vaccination bill.

You took this from my mouth �
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by CLEVER123(m): 1:16pm On May 02, 2020
Vaccine trial ke shebi dem tell us say na till next year
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Benjamin4388(m): 1:18pm On May 02, 2020
agwom:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-who-to-commence-vaccine-trials-in-nigeria.html
Get your free and very cheap E-books here ranging from romance, horror/thrillers, mystery, programming and etc
https://www.nairaland.com/5830386/free-e-books-audios#89099892
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Newmans: 1:19pm On May 02, 2020
Pls just to comfirm is it w h o of China or w h o for the word, I understand there are two W H O now
But then it will be good to first test it from any country where it's coming from Nigeria shouldn't be the first to test it we don't need it here!
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Bigchristo: 1:38pm On May 02, 2020
agwom:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-who-to-commence-vaccine-trials-in-nigeria.html
Nigerians should wake up and protest against this, we aren’t lab rats to test their scientific discoveries, they should first try it on US, UK ITALY Spain including the China where the virus break out from, checking their rates of fertilities they needs it more than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by recklesslove: 1:42pm On May 02, 2020
gretblue:
I really don't know if these youths don't read or they read but fail to understand. The article is self explanatory, there are countries who have started to develop vaccines for Covid 19 on their own. Nigeria would soon be granted/ listed among these countries to develop vaccines for Covid 19.
The WHO Representative, was clear enough on PTF Covid 19 on Channels TV yesterday.
89 countries have started developing vaccines for Covid 19.
Nigeria has just joined the countries to develop the vaccines, that means Prof IWu and others can develop vaccines for Covid 19.
Nigeria youths only watch Africa magic .
The news was repeated several times on Channels TV and Ait yesterday

Professor Iwu's vaccine wasn't given a green light by NCDC
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Strech(m): 1:58pm On May 02, 2020
www./1112846675750766/permalink/1129135580788542 if you have clicked .it's now time to show this sister some love.
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 02, 2020
codemaniacs:

he is not correct.

Africa is under indirect-rule. most of the presidents you're talking about all attended school under a colonial government, so they have colonial mentality, same way you go and seek private lessons from your Nigerian teacher, is the same they sought lessons from their colonial teachers who most of them look up to..

The president who attended school under colonialism are they not travelling to other countries, are they not seeing what they are doing?
How many seminars has Buhari attended and how many of the topic thought in those seminars have you see him executed in Nigeria?
Maybe in most of those seminars how to borrow was the major discussion. Lack of leadership is killing Africans
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Legendguru: 2:11pm On May 02, 2020
In nigeria ke
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Codes151(m): 2:11pm On May 02, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
Vaccine dt wii nt be available till Next year,

If USA dnt trust WHO shhd Nigeria trust erm... WHO seems to be Chinas' Boys now oe so it seems
una see the kind of self centered leaders we get?

Imagine!!
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 2:31pm On May 02, 2020
zz
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Antichristus: 2:52pm On May 02, 2020
Nigeria, the guinea pig of the world. Buhari is the most stupid head of government in the 21st century. Future generations of Nigerians would look back to the 19th-21st century Nigeria and curse it’s leadership.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by EmmaOgbu(m): 2:58pm On May 02, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Can we get to talk to the agency who indicated the interest for us? We want to thank them in public.
You said my mind....
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 02, 2020
codemaniacs:

the same president that wanted to execute ranch settlements for his own people?

In case you haven't noticed, the average human is tribal, and will build for their own people or give financial boost to their own people first. Nigeria's unity is what is slowing its progress. poverty and illiteracy is also a weapon they use, if people are always in need they resort to begging and if they don't know their rights they get taken advantage of.

apart from the FG, states like Lagos and other oil producing states can also execute the things you talk about without FG's help.

its not lack of leadership, its lack of focus, commitment and share will to see other people prosper.

The FG must lead by example. Most of the state are taking orders from the FG. Just like my state na, the governor doesn't have his own ability to do what he wants to do during this lock down, he has to look at what the FG wants to say. Who is controlling the resources it is the FG, state will only work with allocation. What they give to you that is what you use and at the end the state will still return revenue to the FG as tax. When the head is active the body will be serious
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 3:11pm On May 02, 2020
zz
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 3:15pm On May 02, 2020
Hopefully, a vaccine will be discovered for the deadly coronavirus before the end of May.
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Horus(m): 3:22pm On May 02, 2020
Nigerians are lab rats
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Joyfulgal: 3:34pm On May 02, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Can we get to talk to the agency who indicated the interest for us? We want to thank them in public.
I know where you are going?

Kikikikikkikii
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 3:34pm On May 02, 2020
iknowwhoiam:

"It's your prerogative not to accept the vaccine", this is key point, but if they decide to pass the NCDC bill, then there goes my "prerogative", Look at it this way, why do you have concerns about me not getting vaccinated if I cannot infect you (assuming you have taken the vaccine)?

Ask yourself, why push for this bill now, why make it mandatory?

On the article, it article mentioned specifically clinical trials and even mentioned people who were randomly selected for the trial in some countries already. It's nothing about vaccine development but trial of ones already developed by other entities,

Question, why not start in Italy, Spain, Germany, UK, USA, or even China?

There are currently studies ongoing by several organisations and companies to test for a treatment or vaccine. In China, the government authorised the use of the treatment by the Japanese firm - Fujifilm - to be used. In the UK, the proposed vaccine from researchers in Oxford is being tested. That you don't know this doesn't mean it's not happening.

Oh yes! I should be concerned about your status because you are likely to contact the virus and distribute to others who have same beliefs as you do or people awaiting their doses of the vaccine.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by iknowwhoiam: 3:51pm On May 02, 2020
Gerrard59:

There are currently studies ongoing by several organisations and companies to test for a treatment or vaccine. In China, the government authorised the use of the treatment by the Japanese firm - Fujifilm - to be used. In the UK, the proposed vaccine from researchers in Oxford is being tested. That you don't know this doesn't mean it's not happening.

Oh yes! I should be concerned about your status because you are likely to contact the virus and distribute to others who have same beliefs as you do or people awaiting their doses of the vaccine.

You seem to have an authoritarian tendencies and that goes to the root of the matter.

Government should not force it's citizens to take vaccines they don't believe in. You can get vaccinated and be protected, no wahala, as long as i cannot infect you, then but leave me and other like minded citizens to die if we contact the virus. It is none of your business. Do not have pity on us.

let me enlightened us a little, this vaccination is about control and monitoring. By the way, Bill Gate have the vaccine and waiting for others to fail before be bring in his own vaccine that is laced with microchip. He has said this publicly, he have never hidden his evil intentions. Google!

If some guy in Nigeria will come up with a vaccine, i will accept that, but not foreign vaccine that has proven time and time again to detrimental to health of those who injected the vaccine.

By the way, Bill Gate has said that he (his company) will need to be indemnified (viarecipient government) from any issue that WILL arise from the new vaccine. Google.
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by evansjeff(m): 4:34pm On May 02, 2020
Racoon:
shocked What about Wuhan where it all started or Italy, US? Why Nigeria? On top which person head? So are we truly Guinea pigs? It seems the WHO/Bill Gates conspiracy is true esp.with the HOR hurried passage of the vaccination bill.

When will you kids stop disgracing yourselves in a public forum? An article as short as that, you can’t read? No knowledge whatsoever, no understanding, yet you will be the first to rush to front page and type rubbish fooling yourself in the process.

You guys won’t read articles, you won’t follow reputable international and local news media, you depend on Nairaland for your news. I fear for the future of Nigeria with children like you that radiates ignorance. It will be more disgraceful if you are an adult.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Kemblaze: 4:41pm On May 02, 2020
Dear beautiful and great people of Nigeria, help us (me and my younger brother who is an apprentice) please. We have exhausted all we had to eat and past 4 days have been nothing to eat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Guarantee Trust Bank
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by blackpanda: 4:54pm On May 02, 2020
tomju:

My brother this is far from good news! Why Nigeria? This is not a vaccine! But clinical trial of the vaccine. Meaning to test if it will work, side effects etc. Are we rats? Why can't America and Asia test it? With thousands of deaths there from Covid-19?
You see sometimes, I really wonder if our leaders care for us at all? It will shock you to know that when the clinical trials commences, the government will deceive the poor and vulnerable, especially in the rural centres and use it on them, afterall if they die from complications from the vaccines they die, who will drag with them? It's such a sad tale. Africa is indeed a dumping ground.

So whom do u want to test the vaccine that u will use This is not the time to be selfish. If another country tests and develops d drug, then u will now come with big mouth to beg

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged / Israeli $1.5M Gold & Diamond Face-Mask Is The Most Expensive In The World / 40 Persons Infected As NCDC Confirms 4 New Coronavirus Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.