Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses (5190 Views)

I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng / Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? / What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by inas911(m): 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2012
Hey guys, how many of you have an hosting account with Smartwebng.com. This company is the worst web hosting company i have ever seen since i became a web developer. As you read this article, i had about 5 domains with them, but due to there inefficiency, i transfered three, remaining two WITH THEM. As you read this, for the past two days now, non of the 2 websites have been showing up. Do you guys know the most annoying thing? There own company website is running well. Meaning that, they are trying to cripple some of our bizness while there's continue running, i am about transfering the two remaining websites from there server a a new company.

Last year, they went off for three weeks. Non of our sites were coming up. They made me loose over a n100,000 box. This year again they have started. GOD PUNISH THE THEY I MET THEM. So guys, if you know you have website running on there server, USE YOUR HEAD ! ME I DON JAR !
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 10, 2012
same here i can't have access to my website its the last job am gonna do with them seriously its quite embarrassing.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by inas911(m): 11:12pm On Mar 10, 2012
check out there own company website, its running up. Nothing has ever happened to it. They see our own websites as toys, something they can always play with at anytime they like.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Timileyin(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2012
Seens I started web development I have never hosted in nigeria... The nigeria host A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ bleeped.. Don't even try it for large projects
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by ahmsta(m): 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2012
lets just say syskay is still telling me nigerian hosts can be reliable....cus my site (www.9jafiles.com) never had a downtime for the past 4-5 months... sad
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by inas911(m): 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2012
Syskay remains the best for me too. I have over 10 websites with them. For 1 day, i have never had of any problem with them compared to that stupid smartwebng.com that professionalizes on running peoples business down.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 12, 2012
same stuff today site not accessible oh boy thank God no client site is with them its now between syskay and whogohost
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Afam4eva(m): 11:01am On Mar 12, 2012
I really don't understand why smartwebng is having this problem. is it that they have their servers in Nigeria or what?
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Slyr0x: 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
Trudigits all the way wink
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by mkmyers45(m): 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2012
Bluehost all the way........
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
I will never host my website in Nigeria...Trudigits thought me a lesson when they clamed their servers were compromised by hackers thereby wiping out most files in my website...Niajacardeals. Now i don't even host...www.gidilinks.com is a blogger domain.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by xtremeidea(m): 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2012
HOSTING IN NAIJA THANKS TO SYSKAY and i have never had downtime. my site is always active!

Try syskay. u wont regret u did! wink wink wink wink
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Krazylover: 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
really don't understand why smartwebng is having this problem.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by KINGwax(m): 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2012
you really don't need multiple ids to advertise. Shiö! Fuckin amateur
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by DualCore1: 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
Well, its surprising how people will try to bring a business down but let me make things clear.

At no time was any of the servers of TruDigits ever compromised to the point of losing or wiping all server data. Sometime in 2010 there was a massive attack on one of the servers and it took out all the homepage file (that is the index.php or index.html etc) well we recovered as many accounts as we could and the accounts whose index file we couldnt recover we simply told them all to re-upload their index file and that solved it.

This happened in 2010 and we have learned a lot. From that single attack we changed the following:
1. We no longer use cPanel backups. We have written our own script to handle incremental backups monthly, weekly and nightly.
2. We have a strong combination of malware detectors and firewalls running on all servers (you can find out from the security expert slyr0x)
3. We make clients aware of the need to update their CMS sites as the attack in question was caused by an outdated Joomla site.

Every client of TruDigits is a happy client because I have personally sacrificed my social life and family to stay online 25 hours a day so please don't come here to rubbish a business I have invested my blood into for 4 years, chipmunkey.

Thanks all the same, can't say much more to you.

I am proud of what I am doing and will continue to do with TruDigits and if anyone has a problem with that don't even sign up for any web hosting plans on it.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by ayobase(m): 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
How sure are u that no be another company dey manage their site!

inas911: Hey guys, how many of you have an hosting account with Smartwebng.com. This company is the worst web hosting company i have ever seen since i became a web developer. As you read this article, i had about 5 domains with them, but due to there inefficiency, i transfered three, remaining two WITH THEM. As you read this, for the past two days now, non of the 2 websites have been showing up. Do you guys know the most annoying thing? There own company website is running well. Meaning that, they are trying to cripple some of our bizness while there's continue running, i am about transfering the two remaining websites from there server a a new company.

Last year, they went off for three weeks. Non of our sites were coming up. They made me loose over a n100,000 box. This year again they have started. GOD PUNISH THE THEY I MET THEM. So guys, if you know you have website running on there server, USE YOUR HEAD ! ME I DON JAR !
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by deloon(m): 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
I used to host on Syskay and they never disappointed me for once. But right now, I host on my own ish.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
I know some will this opportunity to falsely bash other host just to promote theirs please let's be civic about this. Never heard about trudigits being hacked a friend uses their site and more ever u should always ave a backup so what's the noise about ?
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Slyr0x: 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
I have been using Trudigits since 27-oct-2010 and never for ONCE have I had any downtime. .Infact, as I'm speaking typing, I host 3 websites with Trudigits and hope to host more if the need arises.

And talking about the security, I still haven't seen a webhosting company that has finetuned its firewalls/IDS in such a way that Trudigits has.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2012
Taprap.net is the worst.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by webmastern(m): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2012
they are the worst hosting firm i have ever come across. Please let us all move our sites away from their server and spread the news. By the time no one is patronizing them again.......
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by CarlosDopipi: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2012
An upcoming Afro Magazine Firm in the UK is seeking for professional photographers in London, Manchester, Cardiff, Leeds and anywia in Scotland. The photographer must work with his own initiative, make contacts and own an SDR camera.
We pay according to quality and quantity of pictures taken. If interested for this role, contact us on
Fuhrerglobal@gmail.com
mainoffice@fuhrerglobalentertainment.com
www.fuhrerglobalentertainment.com

Thanks
The FUHRER MAGAZINE TEAM
DUBLIN
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by bigx(m): 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2012
End results of "Cheap Hosting"
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2012
23. bigx(m):

End results of "Cheap Hosting"

You got that right - angry Na wa for this new nairaland sef angry
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Drunk: 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2012
Hmmm...same creepy mistake i made with Emmanuel Ekanem's wwwo.hostportfolio.com my domain, hosting and all being hijacked by him since December 2011 till date. Doesn't pick my call or answer my text messages. I wish i can just see him and sue him to jail or better still make him regret meeting me. Such fraudulent non human products.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by serverman: 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2012
You guys should give http://QServers.net a trial. You won't be disappointed. 99.9% up-time guaranteed. Both Windows and Linux Shared hosting packages available.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by crowbar(m): 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2012
Did i hear somebody say 'Syskay'?...Syskay is run by a bunch of armatures with a nice website & happens to be in a class of its own when it comes to poor customer support, if you are a serious minded web master/web developer, PLEASE stay clear of SYSKAY.
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by inas911(m): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2012
ayobase: How sure are u that no be another company dey manage their site!

Guy! You make sense oh! it could be true
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by DualCore1: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2012
ayobase: How sure are u that no be another company dey manage their site!

NS Records for smartwebng.com
ns9.smartwebng.com [50.28.9.216]
ns10.smartwebng.com [50.28.9.217]

IP Details
network:Class-Name:network
network:ID:NETBLK-SMARTWEBNIGL.50.28.9.216/31
network:Auth-Area:50.28.0.0/17
network:Network-Name:SMARTWEBNIGL-50.28.9.216
network:IP-Network:50.28.9.216/31
network:IP-Network-Block:50.28.9.216-50.28.9.217
network:Organization;I:SMARTWEBNIGL
network:Org-Name:Smartweb Nig Ltd
network:Street-Address:10 Bauchi Road Datti plaza
network:City:Jos
network:State:Plateau
network:Postal-Code:234703
network:Country-Code:NG

Check your site's IP address and if it falls within the range of the IP block above then this is not a case of hosting with "another company".

This is more likely to be a case of one of the virtual servers in the node going down for whatever reasons. If a server in a node is down the other servers in the same node are not affected. So their website could be lying on one of the unaffected servers while your site is on the dead server. . . all on the same node sharing the same IP pool/block.

This is all theory. I dont know for certain what their problem is. Like afam4eva is wondering. . . I dont know why a service provider can be hit my constant issues when the upstream provider (liquidweb in this case) is reliable.

1 Like

Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by Undabridge(m): 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hello guyz,I am planning to open a new website with the idea I have been nuturing but my problem is that I have never seen a reliable web developer that can put me.I know to run a website is not as hard as some people make it look.Here is my pin incase someone wants to help out:25EB5A52.Thanks!!!!
Re: Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses by soloqy: 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2012
Undabridge: Hello guyz,I am planning to open a new website with the idea I have been nuturing but my problem is that I have never seen a reliable web developer that can put me.I know to run a website is not as hard as some people make it look.Here is my pin incase someone wants to help out:25EB5A52.Thanks!!!!

Webdeveloper that can put you where? Did you mean 'put you through'?Do You mean put you through for free?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed: Who Were The First 10 Users On Facebook? / 4 Easy Ways To Speed Up Your Website / Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.