Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? (5055 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / Is Pastor TB Joshua A Member Of Illuminati?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by badesco(m): 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2011
With d recent ugly incident, Viz-a-viz A.k.a. N1000 Gate Fee at Christ Embassy Church on New Year Eve Service. In view of dis, what is ur own perspective of man in d centre of dis controversy. Is d man really a true man of God? Kindly state ur personal views here.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 10:18pm On Jan 10, 2011
I think what would be of import right now in all indivdidual lives would be to each strive and become men of God ourselves so all can come before the Lord directly without the need for intermediary and truly worship God in spirit and truth
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by e36991: 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2011
nuclearboy:

I think what would be of import right now in all indivdidual lives would be to each strive and become men of God ourselves

so all can come before the Lord directly without the need for intermediary and truly worship God in spirit and truth

@^^^

"Oro lo so yen ooo" literally meaning Word up! True talk, true talk
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by yommyuk: 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2011
Brethen should follow Christ and not man.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by free123: 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
Who deleted my post
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by mabell: 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2011
nuclearboy:

I think what would be of import right now in all indivdidual lives would be to each strive and become men of God ourselves so all can come before the Lord directly without the need for intermediary and truly worship God in spirit and truth

You still have the right and priviledge to come before the Lord directly
When you fellowship with God in your rooms and closets, are your pastors there?
When you wake up in the morning, do you wait for the pastor to come from his house to yours before you worship or pray to God, so who says you cannot have a direct and personal relationship with God
The pastors are only there to lead and guide you better still study the scriptures for yourself, it will help you you know
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by KunleOshob(m): 2:22pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Post
Nope Oyaks is not truely a man of God but a false teacher, racketeer, scammer and businessman rolled into one who sees the gospel as only an instrument to fleece the flock and enrich his greedy self.

2 Peter 2:1-3:

The Danger of False Teachers

1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.

The above passage perfectly refers to the likes of Oyakhilome who teach several desructive heresies and makes up several clever lies like the the unbiblical version of tithes and first fruits being preached today to get hold of the money of brethen.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 13, 2011
now compare Gandhi and Oyakhilome, who would you pick as Inspirational? I'll pick Gandhi because he tells me its sin to do business without morality, but this is otherwise in the latter.

anyway i see him just like any other imperfect man.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by KunleOshob(m): 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^^
Gandhi is actually far more christ like than Oyakhilome even though he wasn't a professing christian.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 13, 2011
badesco:

With d recent ugly incident, Viz-a-viz  A.k.a. N1000 Gate Fee at Christ Embassy  Church on New Year Eve Service.  In view of dis, what is your own perspective of man in d centre of dis controversy. Is d man really a true man of God?  Kindly state your personal  views here.
U can get a direct answer by asking God if Pastor chris is truly his servant if not. U are only making him more popular
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2011
mabell:

You still have the right and priviledge to come before the Lord directly
When you fellowship with God in your rooms and closets, are your pastors there?
When you wake up in the morning, do you wait for the pastor to come from his house to yours before you worship or pray to God, so who says you cannot have a direct and personal relationship with God
The pastors are only there to lead and guide you better still study the scriptures for yourself, it will help you you know

And who asked for your advice?

Believe me, IF I seek a teacher to clarify God's Word, you and ilk will be my last never resort

I have A Teacher, A Master and A Lord - Jesus. I have a Guide - the Word of God

So please walk on by in your idolatry and go get guidance from jeri curled idols
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by maddock(m): 8:09am On Jan 14, 2011
None here is qualified to answer the questions you have in your heart. Direct it to God and maybe you might just get an answer. If I should say Yes someone would say am worshipping Pastor Chris while a lot of us won't agree with those that would say NO. So God is the best bet, but how do we know the mind of God? Is it thru the bible,his prophets and the holy Ghost? Just thinking aloud
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by Emade(m): 8:26am On Jan 14, 2011
My friend this race is personal run ur our.stop taking about others.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 8:37am On Jan 14, 2011
babaearly:

now compare Gandhi and Oyakhilome, who would you pick as Inspirational? I'll pick Gandhi because he tells me its sin to do business without morality, but this is otherwise in the latter.

Can you prove the latter, pastor chris teaches that wealth come with righteousness. And he has a popular scripture in proverbs.

Proverbs 8:18
18 Riches and honour[ are] with me;[ yea], durable riches and righteousness.

where did pastor chris teach that you should do business with immorality. This kind of nonsense is the reason I began to post extract of pastor chris message on Nairaland. I'm not doing it to market CEC or to worship pastor chris. I'm seeing a man that has been wrongly accused by malicious individuals  who don't even know his message. I will continue to post his messages so that people can know what he truly preaches.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by maddock(m): 8:45am On Jan 14, 2011
I quite agree with you Jo, a lot of people that criticise Pastor Chris have not even sat down to listen to his messages they do that becuz its a thrend which is very sad. Its ok for people to criticise you constructively but wen this criticism centers on ones personality and intergrity then there is a problem. Am not holding fort for Pastor Chris but one thing we should bear in mind is that am yet to see any church where members are either flogged,jailed or beaten because they didn't give their offerings,pay their tithes etc. Pastors are like what Morpheus said to Neo in Matrix,I will show you the door but you are the one to make that decision whether to walk into the room or not.So watever you see in that room is between you and your God.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by stormm: 8:53am On Jan 14, 2011
@Joagbaje

Is it true CE charged N1k entry fee for the cross-over service?
What is the church's response to the ex-Sheraton Hotels' guy charged with fraud who claimed he gave the money to the church?
Is the CE a family business?
Does Pastor Chris and Pastor Anita share the same calling?

Pls, I'm not a Xtian, I only need to know to help in correcting some impressions. Tnx
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 9:00am On Jan 14, 2011
fruits, not gist.

Hitler moved crowds even better

What is his Fruit? The above?
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by mabell: 9:49am On Jan 14, 2011
@Nuclearboy,
it's not advice, you are obviously trying to give people wrong ideas and put wrong opinions inthe mind of people
I'm only letting them know life does not end at what you say, they can worship God wherever they are and by themselves so stop getting emotional

@Maddock, like you said though there are principles, it's your choice to make
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 10:22am On Jan 14, 2011
@stormm
stormm:

@Joagbaje
Is it true CE charged N1k entry fee for the cross-over service?

The church didn't charge entry fee for service. The church announced that only few people can enter the auditorium which serves as a studio for broadcast . Several centers were created all over  for free. But the main auditorium had had issues in time past with crowd . The committee made admission by seat reservation. And they made the ticket 1000 for the main auditorium but other four auditorium there didn't require tickets . Those who had no tickets went into the other halls .It was merely a test to see if it will do the crowd control. The issue was not about money. How much is 25 million? We could have raised a billion in a week if there is a need.the auditorium cost well above 3 billion I'm not aware there is an auditorium that takes 30,000 with full air condition in this nation. We didn't go on air to solicit for funds. We gladly give because we are blessed in our giving. So the ticket was to reduce attendance in the main auditorium. The organisers could have done better but that's what they thought best. But it was not about raisng funds.    

What is the church's response to the ex-Sheraton Hotels' guy charged with fraud who claimed he gave the money to the church?

He only gave part in church. And the church teaches against stealing. We have hundreds of branches in lagos and he attended one of them . Pastor chris didn't know him. He gave some money through the branch. So he didn't  give pastor chris money. If a man gave for tv programme and the money was used for that purpose. It's the tv station that should be answering question. What if he had given money to charity home, or bought coffin to bury his father? What of the one he spend to buy food stuff and other personal services , why not ask them to pay back? If he gave pastor chris money personally it would have been a different thing. But if there is any wrong doing on the church part , the law would have been invoked against the church. we should allow the law to have it's cause and not our emotion. Criminal do go to churches , thinking by bribing God they can get away with evil. Pastor chris had called robbers out openly by the spirit and they came out to surrender. And he lead them to christ and police too their weapons.  

Is the CE a family business?Does Pastor Chris and Pastor Anita share the same calling?
Pls, I'm not a Xtian, I only need to know to help in correcting some impressions. Tnx

Read the bible , Moses , Mirian and Aaron . Are same family. Moses was their last born , they were his  senior. Such thing does happen but it's still by Gods spirit .   Jesus junior brother James became leader of the church, Jude also was Jesus brother . We can ask God if Jesus did family business .Paul had priscilla and aquilla ,a couple that pastored together under him. They had a church in their house which they pastor together. Is it family business?
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by nuella2(f): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2011
The day everybody speak well of pst chris, i will not listen to him again. When pple call him false, i feel cool.com, religious pple called Jesus false in his days. A man sent by God cant be stopped, no matter the name they call him.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by Zikkyy(m): 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2011
Joagbaje:

The church didn't charge entry fee for service. The church announced that only few people can enter the auditorium which serves as a studio for broadcast . Several centers were created all over  for free. But the main auditorium had had issues in time past with crowd . The committee made admission by seat reservation. And they made the ticket 1000 for the main auditorium but other four auditorium there didn't require tickets . Those who had no tickets went into the other halls .     

Please stop trying to justify the ticket issue. We are aware there were free viewing centres around, I am sure people even watched from the comfort of their sitting room for free.  That’s not the issue here. People paid to watch pastor chris live (preaching the word), and that’s the issue to address. I guess that makes him a celebrity. it was a bad thing to do and you know that. There is no excuse for this act, and you did admit somewhere it was not the best approach, leave it at that.

Joagbaje:

It was merely a test to see if it will do the crowd control.     

This will fly, only if you were trying to convince a ram or goat here.

Joagbaje:

The issue was not about money.     

The event proper might not be about money, the idea of a ticket was about money. You are not helping CEC sir.

Joagbaje:

How much is 25 million? We could have raised a billion in a week if there is a need.     

25 million might be small money to you, but it is the act that count.

Joagbaje:

the auditorium cost well above 3 billion I'm not aware there is an auditorium that takes 30,000 with full air condition in this nation.     

What exactly are you saying? That the ticket thing was an attempt to recover some of the cost of building the auditorium? I see you took this as an opportunity to brag about the standard/quality of the auditorium. You guys are something else.

Joagbaje:

The organisers could have done better but that's what they thought best.     

Stick to this line of defence. It makes more sense.

Joagbaje:

But it was not about raisng funds.     

Yes, the ticket issue was about raising fund for the church. The organisers saw it as an opportunity. You don’t need to be  genius to know this.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by ogajim(m): 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^^ Zikky, you be Lawyer? You are killing pastor JoAgbaje under cross-examination so much he might just plead guilty to obtain a deal. grin

nuella2:

The day everybody speak well of pst chris, i will not listen to him again. When pple call him false, i feel cool.com, religious pple called Jesus false in his days. A man sent by God cant be stopped, no matter the name they call him.

I don't see the same level of attacks against pastor Kumuyi and the Deeper Christian Life Ministry on NL, Village square, etc, If it quacks like a duck, it most certainly is a duck my dear sister.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by free123: 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
@op
For u to get the answer to ur question u need to check out his fruits or his products. Check out these products: first fruit offerings, tithe teachings, setting himself as a standard neglecting the standard of christianity set by Christ, allowing his members to worship him, relegating repentance and putting forth prosperity and acquisition of materialism. Are these fruits good? 99% teachings in cec are prosperity prosperity more prosperity
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by Enigma(m): 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
ogajim:

^^^ Zikky, you be Lawyer? You are killing pastor JoAgbaje under cross-examination so much he might just plead guilty to obtain a deal. grin

I don't see the same level of attacks against pastor Kumuyi and the Deeper Christian Life Ministry on NL, Village square, etc, If it quacks like a duck, it most certainly is a duck my dear sister.

It is impossible to agree with any other person (maybe even oneself wink ) about everything but Dr Kumuyi is one Naija "MOG" that I have some respect for.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by seun222kun: 11:04am On Jan 15, 2011
badesco:

With d recent ugly incident, Viz-a-viz A.k.a. N1000 Gate Fee at Christ Embassy Church on New Year Eve Service. In view of dis, what is your own perspective of man in d centre of dis controversy. Is d man really a true man of God? Kindly state your personal views here.

You will not get the answer you are looking for, becus no body has the right to point at any pastor or a Christian, if he or she is a true man of God or not, even though Jesus talked about the end time, that false prophet will arise does not give anyone the right to judge and point at any one. By doing that, you might be blaspheming against the Holy Spirit and that is dangerous.

Just tell us, you are trying to raise another issue from that incident on December 31st and we will know, than making some old men to be fooling themselves here without knowing it, well, I know without people like u, they will not be recognise, so thanks for your great job ,  eh ,  Well don.

nuclearboy:

Nuclearboy,  so all this talk-talk you are having been doing on this site, you don’t have a personal relationship with God? And who thought you that it is the pastor brethren wait for first, before they pray or worship God? That means you must be a very good & mart spy then. ,  Like I said, it is a platform for you guys to execute your impolite and ill-mannered so is not strange.

Zikkyy:

Please stop trying to justify the ticket issue. We are aware there were free viewing centres around, I am sure people even watched from the comfort of their sitting room for free.  That’s not the issue here. People paid to watch pastor chris live (preaching the word), and that’s the issue to address. I guess that makes him a celebrity. it was a bad thing to do and you know that. There is no excuse for this act, and you did admit somewhere it was not the best approach, leave it at that.

This will fly, only if you were trying to convince a ram or goat here.

The event proper might not be about money, the idea of a ticket was about money. You are not helping CEC sir.

25 million might be small money to you, but it is the act that count.

What exactly are you saying? That the ticket thing was an attempt to recover some of the cost of building the auditorium? I see you took this as an opportunity to brag about the standard/quality of the auditorium. You guys are something else.

Stick to this line of defence. It makes more sense.

Yes, the ticket issue was about raising fund for the church. The organisers saw it as an opportunity. You don’t need to be  genius to know this.

Zikkyy, how does this N1, 000 concern you? Pls tell me. Are you a member CEC? If no, so what is your problem? It might surprise you that since then (31st Dec. 2010) the ministry is still moving, men have been blessed, so what is your own problem? ,  If dis thin de pain u reach ur bone, ,  i take God beg u, go kill yourself   na,  aha ah!
Beside, no body stop you make u no start ur own church. Na force, ?
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by regged4u: 11:31am On Jan 15, 2011
Emade:

My friend this race is personal run your our.stop taking about others.

Hoooo, So u know! that means this matter no get any thing to do with u,  na, if this race is personal,  bross think well, if Pastor Chris is true or false, does this has any thing to do with you ,  Emade, ?
Look for some where to show ur mumulity, hmmm!

yommyuk:

Brethen should follow Christ and not man.

You don’t sound to me like someone who have a pastor, because if you does, you will understand what it means to follow after your pastor and how this link with following Christ.
Soo, first, go and get a Pastor or don’t tell me you are a pastor just to urself because that is what is raining on nairaland.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2011
seun222kun or whatever you're calling yourself here to show your true self:

Take it to the bank - YOU are brain dead. Instead of milk, they gave you cattle urine to drink as a baby.

And the reggae warrior has also now showed up. Your own problem is that you spent too much time under the drier jeri-curling your hair and fried your brains.

BTW, didn't you people go to school? What manner of spelling is this?
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by SABOSKILLS(m): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2011
the truth is that he is really a man of Gog. I BELIEVE IN HIS TEACHINGS.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by regged4u: 11:56am On Jan 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

And who asked for your advice?

Believe me, IF I seek a teacher to clarify God's Word, you and ilk will be my last never resort

I have A Teacher, A Master and A Lord - Jesus. I have a Guide - the Word of God

So please walk on by in your idolatry and go get guidance from jeri curled idols

Nuclearbomb,  happy newYam, so you too cross over to this side, I thought this new year is for men not for boys.

Well, anyway–which way, you know sey I de dred your syle no be small, but nothing much, just want to let you know, that it is time to grow, stop all this your toilet talk before guys go take out time to plan your future for you. Come to think of it, I am a CEC member, but i don’t take such talk from you guys on nairaland. One of my plan this year on NL, is to expunge you out of NL, i.e if you don’t like the fame u have put together on NL in the past years ,  so start making ur plans too, because not just you alone , but those other toilets, they know themselves!

Uhmm this page might interest you,      http://naija2011./
Happy NewYam again.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by regged4u: 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

And the reggae warrior has also now showed up.

Small Boy, Thank you oh,  because your toilet no reach do,  i like you this way,
Na you de talk sey people no get spelling skills, na common P-English you no fit read after all the school. Where you even come from?,  see, leave matter because na your election case na go be the next issue na. Boys like you no get leaver to run for election.
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2011
We know the same people come, preach error and when called out, signout then back in as single digit posters to cause trouble and show their real selves. They think the duplicity hides their online "persona" when it actually is an obvious scam.

So cut the sham - your brains are porous
Re: Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? by regged4u: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

We know the same people come, preach error and when called out, signout then back in as single digit posters to cause trouble and show their real selves. They think the duplicity hides their online "persona" when it actually is an obvious scam.

So cut the sham - your brains are porous

Why are u always acting like a boy, which is what you are; u just forgot when you make mention of me in your post  quoting seun222kun. What is the idea of , 
nuclearboy:

If anyone is doing the double ID thing, that should be YOU, because you are the boy on this site,  Men don't do the double id stuff.
Any way, don't forget my promise.
www.naija2011.

Happy Newyear,

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Gospel Of Materialism – Nigerian Pentecostalism And Hypocrisy / SERMON JOTTERS: Confronting Your Pharaoh- D.K Olukoya (Sunday Service-29-MARCH-) / How Do We Handle Sexual Urge In A Godly Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.