Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF (22680 Views)

Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Will Bring Investments, Make Nigeria Prosperous – Tinubu / Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly / 'Buhari Shall Not Return Crusade' In Lagos By Pastor Val Inawutaoku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by profmallor: 11:59am On May 02, 2020
Thieves!, if subsidy has indeed been removed, then the pump price of Fuel should be less than N80 per liter currently, they simply are creating a landing for Dangote refinery to kick-start. Anyway, Let Dangote create more jobs whenever he starts
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Blackking98(m): 12:00pm On May 02, 2020
LZAA:
But but APCheat held rallies around lagos in favour of fuel subsidy
They even managed to hike the price to 145 when we were buying 87
Sai APCheat
Sai rugagrin
Cc imhotep iceberg3 blackking98 ebenezar2020 Afamed helinues sarrki
story for the gods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Iceberg3: 12:02pm On May 02, 2020
LZAA:
Sai APCheat
Sai rugagrin
Cc imhotep iceberg3 blackking98 ebenezar2020 Afamed helinues sarrki

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by sheDD(m): 12:05pm On May 02, 2020
This IMF, their money no dey finish??
How do they give out much and still have more spare, and the debt cancellations,??
How do they get these monies?
Why do they never go dry
Pls who know should enlighten me!!?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by arsenal33: 12:24pm On May 02, 2020
sweetsell:
That doesn't negate he is a failure like other president. He just marginally did beta in infrastructure that n very little in agriculture is all he as to show no more.

He remains a colossal failure in fighting corruption, poor economy, protecting lives, education health

bad belle
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Enyimbamercedes: 12:41pm On May 02, 2020
What subsidy??

You mean under-recovery that you renamed it?

Confused punks

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Asadujames202(m): 12:41pm On May 02, 2020
chuksbaby:
Last Last, Hustle and take care of your loved ones.

Forget All this propaganda.

By the way, go and make free money from prolific guys. am glad what i taught people on nl is working.

Can a Verve card withdraw PayPal funds here in Nigeria?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by CoronaHealer: 12:58pm On May 02, 2020
Believe this northern government at ur peril, they will come back next week to deny saying it via Lai mohammed, the foundation of this govt has is built on denial and propaganda
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by olajizz01(m): 12:59pm On May 02, 2020
SocialJustice:
Fuel should be selling for less than N100 now but it is still at N125. If it is to increase price, they won't hesitate. Fucking government.
Very good observation, how much are they selling a barrel now,a litre shouldn't be more than 70naira without subsidies.

But you have said it all,had it been there's an increase in world market,they will not hesitate to passed the burden on us.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 02, 2020
Asadujames202:

Can a Verve card withdraw PayPal funds here in Nigeria?
no
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by covid2019: 1:10pm On May 02, 2020
Sunshineg5:
With the anticipated devaluation of our National currency as requested by IMF before giving us the loan.

Naira should sell for like N500 to a dollar by the end of next month.

Petrol should sell for N250 to N300 per litre by end of the year.

This would also be accompanied by high prices due to anticipated inflated prices of imported goods

Translating to Lower purchasing power from households and lower production

So in spite of a recession due to lost of revenue, Nigeria's economic growth after the pandemic will be extremely low for a few years.

A very bad future for Nigerians.

Will the exchange rate really increase? I thought dollar will hover around 400 ?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 02, 2020
LZAA:
Sai APCheat
Sai rugagrin
Cc iceberg3 blackking98 ebenezar2020 Afamed helinues sarrki
Behold sai babarians misleading people when petrol was =N=87.00, and bambambiglo supported them grin grin

Sai GEJ
Sai PDP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Toshy001(m): 1:15pm On May 02, 2020
ds our.government politician episodes should be up der for.Oscar awards in comedy category ,I believe dem saying d won't be fuel subsidy again becos d will.change its name from subsidy to something else.in order to.continue their looting...looting no.fit.tire Nigerian politicians
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by helinues: 1:15pm On May 02, 2020
imhotep:

Behold sai babarians misleading people when petrol was =N=87.00, and bambambiglo supported them grin grin

Sai GEJ
Sai PDP

Stop.. You no dey hear simple advise?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by COMPAQ(m): 1:18pm On May 02, 2020
praise010:

We can never do well as a nation when we are ruled by party affiliation and sentiments.

Subsidy was not removed by any body, rather the price of fuel is so low that there is no need to pay subsidy for now.

There is nothing to celebrate until there is rise in price and it sells over N150 in Nigeria, it is then we will know if subsidy will be removed or not.

Mind you, our refinaries are still on quarantine despite the billions expanded in their maintenance.

Time will tell where this country is heading to.

No need to wait for any time again! It's already confirmed! The country is going nowhere!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by SocialJustice: 1:28pm On May 02, 2020
olajizz01:
Very good observation, how much are they selling a barrel now,a litre shouldn't be more than 70naira without subsidies.

But you have said it all,had it been there's an increase in world market,they will not hesitate to passed the burden on us.
A barrel or 159 litres of oil sells for $15. That's about N5k. 5000/159 = N31. Selling fuel for N50 is not a bad idea but evil government won't let it happen.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by switspin(f): 1:52pm On May 02, 2020
JAMO84:
Buhari has done it again. We haven't had any fuel scarcity in like four years now, something that use to happen every six months during the sixteen miserable years of the useless Poverty Development Party.

Subsidies are gone for good, any marketer that doesn't want to accept the new reality can start selling palm oil.

For the first time since 1993, we are going to completely get rid of the fraudulent subsidy regime and use the money to development our critical infrastructure!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
So what happened during the last four years, abi was the poverty development party still in power?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by emmaitive(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2020
JAMO84:
Buhari has done it again. We haven't had any fuel scarcity in like four years now, something that use to happen every six months during the sixteen miserable years of the useless Poverty Development Party.

Subsidies are gone for good, any marketer that doesn't want to accept the new reality can start selling palm oil.

For the first time since 1993, we are going to completely get rid of the fraudulent subsidy regime and use the money to development our critical infrastructure!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
see this zombified humanbein
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Dollabiz: 2:37pm On May 02, 2020
Liars
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by lawkenoz(m): 2:48pm On May 02, 2020
SocialJustice:
A barrel or 159 litres of oil sells for $15. That's about N5k. 5000/159 = N31. Selling fuel for N50 is not a bad idea but evil government won't let it happen.

You try but your calculations are incomplete. 1 barrel of crude oil not petrol or PMS you have to factor in the refining cost of splitting the crude oil into other derivative products.

Next is the shipping cost to bring it back to the country, lastly the transportation cost to various locations within the country.

Only then can you get an the actual landing cost, add a profit margin and then we can decide on selling price.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by SocialJustice: 3:21pm On May 02, 2020
lawkenoz:

You try but your calculations are incomplete. 1 barrel of crude oil not petrol or PMS you have to factor in the refining cost of splitting the crude oil into other derivative products.

Next is the shipping cost to bring it back to the country, lastly the transportation cost to various locations within the country.

Only then can you get an the actual landing cost, add a profit margin and then we can decide on selling price.
The answer was N31 but I suggested N50 as price after considering the points you made. I don't have to spell out everything.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by sweetsell: 3:46pm On May 02, 2020
moderatedguy:
Which infrastructure...name one project Buhari has commissioned
if by no u have not see project buhari commissioned you are mentally challenged. Type project Buhari commission 3 renovated airport, train, dry sea port n dams are a fees.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Crimsoneagle: 3:52pm On May 02, 2020
Yenefer:
Something is wrong with Buhari... imagine enemy of the state running CBN for about 6 years now..., Emefiele is corrupt. Always wearing a red neck tie means he is Cult member from Nsukka
do you talk because you have a mouth?, or type because you have a phone because It makes me wonder where you got your education from, I.e if u are even educated
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by CeceNene(f): 4:26pm On May 02, 2020
Akaegwu:
All I have to say is this, I don't have a car, I don't have motorcycle �, I don't have a generator. I can't travel on on public transportation because I have a bycircle and bendel insurance. What am I saying, this stupid government will tell us before in few months that they are actually paying what they tagged scam when my dear friend and mentor was in charge. May God visits all this wicked people in government with incurable sickness

Amen in Jesus name
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Obiwiz(m): 4:29pm On May 02, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING
Tbh, if you think lack of money is the reason we haven't been able to develop our critical infrastructure in this country, then you don't even know anything. And that automatically nullifies all your submissions up there.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2020
33komkom:
We pray so

Right now most Nigerians don’t even know what they are talking about .... we know that it is most likely that oil price is not make a rebound in the life of this administration so they can pledge anything.

Let the price come up to 100 dollars per barrel and come and offload the actual cost on Nigerians .... that is where the challenge will be
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by dennisson08: 5:38pm On May 02, 2020
same story u will still in another news that subside is been paid to some marketers
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by sulaak(m): 6:45pm On May 02, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING

Maybe you should ask this genius called Buhari, why the four refineries controlled by the ministry of petroleum via NNPC are not working 5 years into his government.

The operation of the refineries would save the government billions of dollars and improve the country petrochemical and industrial base.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by thegloor: 6:51pm On May 02, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING

How many times will Buhari remove it?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by moderatedguy: 7:12pm On May 02, 2020
sweetsell:
if by no u have not see project buhari commissioned you are mentally challenged. Type project Buhari commission 3 renovated airport, train, dry sea port n dams are a fees.
Lol .
Projects not renovations
Re: Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF by LZAA: 8:49pm On May 02, 2020
imhotep:

Sai GEJ
Sai PDP
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Remains Influential In Nigeria – Buhari / Governor Fubara Attends Glory Reign After Supreme Court Victory (Photos) / Things Are Very Hard In Nigeria – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.