Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him (3434 Views)

Figo: I've Played With Players Better Than Messi And Ronaldo / Are Left Footed Players Better?? / Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? 100 Players Better Than Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by Teeco(m): 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2011
The Cristiano Ronaldo 100

Argentina

Cristiano Ronaldo better than Maradona?
angry grin

Lionel Messi
Javier Zanetti
Diego Maradona
Daniel Passarella
Mario Kempes
Omar Sivori
Alfredo Di Stefano

Brazil

Better than Pele? grin

Lucio
Ronaldinho
Cafu
Ronaldo
Rivaldo
Romario
Zico
Falcao
Junior
Rivelino
Jairzinho
Gerson
Tostao
Pele
Djalma Santos
Garrincha
Jose Altafini
Nilton Santos
Didi
Zito

Bulgaria

Hristo Stoichkov

Czech Republic

Pavel Nedved

Denmark

Michael Laudrup
Allan Simonsen

England

Bobby Charlton
Bobby Moore
Gordon Banks

France

Better than Zidane?
grin

Zinedine Zidane
Lilian Thuram
Marcel Desailly
Michel Platini
Jean Tigana
Alain Giresse

Germany

Better than Beckenbauer?
angry

Juergen Kohler
Lothar Matthaus
Andreas Brehme
Rudi Voeller
Karl Heinz Rummenigge
Uli Stielike
Rainer Bonhof
Paul Breitner
Franz Beckenbauer
Gunter Netzer
Wolfgang Overath
Gerd Muller
Karl-Heinz Schnellinger
Uwe Seeler

Hungary

Florian Albert
Ferenc Puskas
Sandor Kocsis

Italy

Better than Maldini?
grin

Gianluigi Buffon
Fabio Cannavaro
Alessandro Nesta
Paolo Maldini
Giuseppe Bergomi
Roberto Baggio
Franco Baresi
Roberto Donadoni
Antonio Cabrini
Gaetano Scirea
Dino Zoff
Claudio Gentile
Giacinto Facchetti
Sandro Mazzola
Luigi Riva
Gianni Rivera

Mexico

Hugo Sanchez

Netherlands

Better than Cruyff? cheesy

Edgar Davids
Frank Rijkaard
Ruud Gullit
Marco van Basten
Ruud Krol
Johan Neeskens
Johan Cruyff

Northern Ireland

George Best

Poland

Kazimierz Deyna
Grzegorz Lato

Portugal

Better than Eusebio and Mueller?
cool

Luis Figo
Eusebio
Mario Coluna

Peru

Teofilo Cubillas

Scotland

Kenny Dalglish
Jimmy Johnstone

Soviet Union

Oleg Blokhin
Albert Shesternyov
Lev Yashin
Igor Netto

Spain

Xavi
Andres Iniesta
Francisco Gento
Luis Suarez

Yugoslavia

Dejan Savicevic
Dragan Dzajic

Sorry all the C. Ronalldo's fans but senior na senior grin grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by mrinfo(m): 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2011
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by Teaser4(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2011
@poster,am sorry to say u are jobless and senseless,all the names u listed am sure u wont see their shadows b4 u die,cos they dnt knw u,beefing a successful man,u knw what that implies,u cant be like him. Cr7 earn £27.4m per year,convert it,u might be older cos he is 25,the amount he spent per-day u cant make it in 5years time. Bro go to bed nd think how to make it in life,am sorry

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by sley4life(m): 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2011
4k up list. Cr9 is better than 80% of them
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by yoji: 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
This is nothing but beef. CR7 has 56 goals in 53 games for madrid and u are hear yarnin rubbish. This excludes his man u days where he did more o!
D boy swiched leagues and settled in like butter on bread, sumtin usually difficult for most.
Hope u know b4 he won player of d year, he had been shortlisted 2yrs in a row in d final 3.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by medjai(m): 8:38pm On Jan 12, 2011
I agree with the list 100%. CR, the greatest of all time? This is an insult to football. What has he achieved. 1 WPOTY award, 1 CL. . . wtf? The bulk of his goals are penalties.
I'd add Raul Gonzales, Fernando Hierro, Alessandro Del Pierro, Gabriel Batistuta
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by fredoooooo: 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2011
hes good on his own and definately one of the best today but the likes of ZIDANE , RONALDO DE LIMA , MARADONA are superb
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by marutimon: 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2011
CR may not be the best player ever, but he is better than 80-90% of the people on the list. And I hate CR.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by Johnnny(m): 9:12am On Jan 14, 2011
marutimon:

CR may not be the best player ever, but he is better than 80-90% of the people on the list. And I hate CR.

You can say that because you are seeing CR play almost every game. I think you should check on youtube for most of those that has retired from active football listed above and know why exactly their names linger forever in the memory of football fans who witnessed this people play football.

They may not have the speed and versatility of today's game, but they were game-deciders in their own rights. I am not saying CR is not great, but greatest of all time? That is a tall order.

Because, by this same time 5-10years from now, you will find a relatively unknown kid with 4times the speed, agility and versatility of todays footballers, even at present, its not been proven yet that he is better than the Mesmerising-Messi.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by marutimon: 9:27am On Jan 14, 2011
I've closely followed football since 1990. But OK.

Lets stay with people from the modern days. The following people never were and never will be better than Cristiano Ronaldo (I will omit defenders like Zanetti and GKs like Buffon, as comparing defensive players to offensive players is ridiculous in itself):

People on the list that are not and never will be better than CR:
Ronaldinho
Pavel Nedved
Lilian Thuram
Marcel Desailly
Edgar Davids
Luis Figo
Xavi
Andres Iniesta
Luis Suarez

On the list the only players still active that were possibly better or better than CR are: Lionel Messi and Ronaldo. And even those two are debatable (as to who is better between Messi and CR the debate is still open).
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by 12large1: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
your list is good except ronaldinho because i know ronaldinho is the most talented to ever play football
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by marutimon: 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2011
Not true. Ronaldinho got almost everything he knows from Okocha, so that makes Okocha the most talented to ever play football smiley
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by Johnnny(m): 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
marutimon:

Not true. Ronaldinho got almost everything he knows from Okocha, so that makes Okocha the most talented to ever play football smiley

Na true o, Okocha to me is one of the greatest to play football. The guy is just very unlucky and unfortunate, he could have been a force to reckon with in the history of football for ever.

Just imagine what Okocha can do with a ball without taking a step away from one spot. Imagine his mastery of dribbles and tricks of the game. That is one Legend I will find difficult to forget in a hurry. I still google him anytime I want to excite myself, though Messi is giving me the same sensation at the moment in barca.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by asha80(m): 6:47am On Jan 15, 2011
Johnnny:

Na true o, Okocha to me is one of the greatest to play football. The guy is just very unlucky and unfortunate, he could have been a force to reckon with in the history of football for ever.

Just imagine what Okocha can do with a ball without taking a step away from one spot. Imagine his mastery of dribbles and tricks of the game. That is one Legend I will find difficult to forget in a hurry. I still google him anytime I want to excite myself, though Messi is giving me the same sensation at the moment in barca.

okocha lacked purpose during most of his career
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by slimghost(m): 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2011
Funny list! What of these players?

Batholomew ad
Pius Ikedia
Luke Chadwick
Djemba djemba
Kleberson
Amauri
Wright Phillips
Patrick Mancha

Shey they are better than Ronaldo, abi? stupid. For ur information,Cristiano Ronaldo is better than 95% of the guys in dat list. hate him or love him, he is a phenomenon.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by Felepumpin(m): 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2011
WTF DIS IS ACT OF JOBLESSNESS AN IDLE HAND IS D DEVIL'S WORKSHOP BAD BELLE CR9 IS BETTER THAN MOST OF THOSE NAMES MENTIONED INCLUDING GK AND DF IS ADDING INSULT UPON INJURY WETIN U DEY THINK @ POSTER
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by medjai(m): 4:55pm On Jan 28, 2011
marutimon:

I've closely followed football since 1990. But OK.

Lets stay with people from the modern days. The following people never were and never will be better than Cristiano Ronaldo (I will omit defenders like Zanetti and GKs like Buffon, as comparing defensive players to offensive players is ridiculous in itself):

People on the list that are not and never will be better than CR:
Ronaldinho
Pavel Nedved
Lilian Thuram
Marcel Desailly
Edgar Davids
Luis Figo
Xavi
Andres Iniesta
Luis Suarez

On the list the only players still active that were possibly better or better than CR are: Lionel Messi and Ronaldo. And even those two are debatable (as to who is better between Messi and CR the debate is still open).
The Luis Suarez on the list is not that of Uruguay. This one is an ex Barca and Spain international. He was the 2nd player to win the Ballon D'Or and hell no, CR is not better than him.

I read the writer's(Carlo Garganese of Goal.com) follow-up write up and his point is that is CR better in his position or at what he does than the others on the list. That is why you see him comparing CR with defenders, gks and the likes.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by montelik(m): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
medjai:

The Luis Suarez on the list is not that of Uruguay. This one is an ex Barca and Spain international. He was the 2nd player to win the Ballon D'Or and hell no, CR is not better than him.

I read the writer's(Carlo Garganese of Goal.com) follow-up write up and his point is that is CR better in his position or at what he does than the others on the list. That is why you see him comparing CR with defenders, gks and the likes.

I just knew d article would be from goal.com. These goal.com peeps are really obsessed with dis boy. Can't they go 2-3 days without writing about CR. Always over-analyzing d boy.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Of All Time? Here Are 100 Players Better Than Him by McCoy91(m): 11:21am On Jan 29, 2011
^^ yes oh. They should have added Kuyt to the list

(1) (Reply)

La Liga; Why Its Currently The Best League In The World.... / The Worst Haircut In Football? Diego Simeone’s Son Sports Shocking Hairdo / Football Trial Application Forms Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.