Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc (3025 Views)

What Are The Benefits/effects Of Facebook And Whatsapp Synchronisation? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? / Download Psiphon Pro For PC (windows 10/8/7 And Mac OS) For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 05, 2020
Finehotbro:
HSLbroker pls is blender suitable for 3D motion capture.
yes sir
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by GreaterDC(m): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
Who can tell me the procedure of adding lighting and shadow in blender
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by mlkraj(m): 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
HsLBroker:
lalasticala this deserve to be on front page, blender is the future of everything we talk about on the internet, if half of our youth learn blender which is for free, they we thousand and millions of dollars in their account working for different organization in the world

U made a good point but can u urself mention 2 ways to make money (in Nigeria without freelancing) from blender compare to something like web development that u can get client even in Nigeria not to talk of freelancing

Also I don't get what u mean by blender being d future of everything. Do u want to model each product of a seller when photogrammetry scan can do the same cheaper,easier and faster.

don't get d wrong idea I'v also been a 3d artist for quite a long time now BT I've come 2 realizes a lot of drawbacks to 3d stuffs esp in this generation and particularly this country.

1 Like

Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by mlkraj(m): 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hotspotbro:
can blender also create android games

Don't mind HsLBroker he's giving u a very vague and incomplete answer(where is d compiler?, how would u give control to d player).

U can't use blender itself to create games d closest thing to it is another software which is blender's open source game engine "Armory 3d" which people did not really like/use and they stopped supporting it long ago.

If u want to make games use a real game engine (being a game developer myself) I'll recommend the godot engine, unity engine or unreal engine (i use all three although u should focus on one first ).

But If i want go give u a better advise I'll advice u to learn either web development or mobile development (web preferable) u won't understand until u become a good game developer how difficult it is to make money from game dev compare to web/mobile dev. If I'd known all I'm telling u from d beginning, I'll have gone into web. Because a lot of people create games as an hobby which u that want to earn a living(as a game dev) with it are competing with.
Also 3d modelling and game developer is as saturated as many other Fields so there is quite some competition. Put that at d back of ur mind.

Lastly if u really like 3d stuffs, focus in the AR&VR part (i.e augmented and virtual reality ) that one is somehow market feasible even in Nigeria not to talk of abroad.

BT I'll advise anybody any day anytime to go into web development (or mobile).

If not that I'm second-guessing leaving game dev to start learning web/mobile again from scratch and put all intelligence, resources and time I would have.
(although I've somehow started)

2 Likes

Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by mlkraj(m): 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
Also did I mention that game dev is very difficult? Yes u might b thinking every aspect of programming is difficult yes BT game dev is arguably d most difficult aspect of programming.

Here's why:
As a game developer, u must learn 3d modelling with one or more of blender,Maya,max,daz3d,sketch up e.t.c (except u want to b paying a 3d artist for all ur project which wont b sensible at all)

U must learn game design, programming language and game programming logic also u'll need a lot of vector calculations I mean a lot so u must b good at maths (at least in vectors and coordinates system), u must learn user interface design, u must also learn sounds making (both theme music and sound effects) and d most scary part u must learn shaders (another programming language which is GLSL and HSL) although game engines (esp unity) make it easy to use shaders without code BT u still need understand d basics to even use d shortcut

So imagining after struggling to learn all d above u still struggle to get a job compare to a web dev that just learns html, CSS and JavaScript with few practices and he's already collecting jobs making money.

And if u think I'll sell my game on d play store or make money from d in-app purchase then ask urself hw many games have u bought how many of ur friend have bought game in d play store
Also for ads revenue d question here is also hw do u get a large audience for ur game banner ads pay $0.0001/view?
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by mlkraj(m): 10:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
My advise again go into web dev.

For using blender to make cartoons (3d animation), just remember only few are willing to pay for watching ur animations (except its for advert) unlike everybody is willing to pay u for developing a website for them.

Have u wondered why they are a lot of people into web dev? Yet more people are still joining. d answer is simple everyone is willing to pay for what brings them money in return (a website to promote thier business)

So once again go into web dev.
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by mlkraj(m): 10:14am On Jul 10, 2020
Finehotbro:

Sincerly I don't where dis guy is getting all his answer

U can only use blender for facial motion capture (not full body) if u want full body u'll need others external software like motion capture suit or (Google it sha), and one other app like that I've forgotten its name
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 11, 2020
mlkraj:

Sincerly I don't where dis guy is getting all his answer

U can only use blender for facial motion capture (not full body) if u want full body u'll need others external software like motion capture suit or (Google it sha), and one other app like that I've forgotten its name
all u need is blender, if all Nigerians youths can master blender, we are going to be the best in the world
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 20, 2020
HsLBroker:
all u need is blender, if all Nigerians youths can master blender, we are going to be the best in the world
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Rareoil(m): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
Collinz2:
I just wanna learn 3d modeling so i jumped into blender and its a nice 3d machine but my potato pc with take more than 6hrs to render 20sec text animation. Love the 2.8 new redesign ui.

You can focus on low poly models they are not as demanding in blender. Any pc Cando low poly models.
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
HsLBroker:
Let start with what is a blender?

Blender is a free and open-source 3D computer graphics software toolset used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, motion graphics, interactive 3D applications, Architectural designs and computer games

Blender's features include 3D modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, raster graphics editing, rigging and skinning, fluid and smoke simulation, particle simulation, soft body simulation, sculpting, animating, match moving, rendering, motion graphics, video editing, and compositing.

Animators, scientists, artists, students, and other professionals have all worked together to come up with Blender, a computer graphics suite that is intuitive and feature-rich. This 3D computer graphics suite is open-source and free, and has been used for animated films, video games, visual effects, 3D models, and 3D applications. Rendering that is ultra-realistic is made possible by Blender’s path-tracer engine, which is built-in to the suite. Models can be quickly created, edited, and transformed with these modeling tools. Raw footage can be tracked and imported thanks to features like camera tracking and object tracking. These features also allow users looking at 3D scenes to see camera movements. Advertisements, TV series, and short films can also be made with Blender’s rigging and animation tools. The viewport allows users to bring together 2D with 3D, while the Python API lets the 3D creation suite customize interface size, layouts, fonts, and colors.

The main benefits of Blender are its path-tracer engine, its rendering process, and its scripting.

One of Blender’s strengths is Cycles, it’s production render engine that is ray-trace based. Scenes can have more realistic lighting thanks to Cycles, which accomplishes this by having pixels trace the path of light. How it affects objects when it interacts with them is then simulated.

Blender users enjoy a sped-up rendering process since rather than using the CPU, Cycles users a graphics card to perform rendering. Because this lets modern GPUs to do a lot of crunching instead, the rendering process is considerably quicker. For the uninitiated, number crunching refers to the 3D calculations required for developing 3D-heavy applications and video games.

Looking to create 3D games? Blender has the game engine for that. Not only can models be ported to third-party game engines, but Blender also allows for game logic to be coded by its users. Game prototypes, as well as visualizations that are interactive, can also be created on Blender.

Multiple animation features and tools are available to users looking to use Blender for films that are either feature-length or short. There is also an editor for a character pose animator, which can be used for inverse kinematics and independent movements. Fast rigging tools allow users to work on bone layers and colored groups. While creating posable characters, users can also do automatic skinning.

Visual Effects Features

A library of nodes is made available to Blender users through its built-in compositor. Users can access this library while creating color grading, vignettes, and camera effects. Rendering to multilayer OpenEXR files is also possible with Blender. Some of the movies that have used this high dynamic-range (HDR) image file format include Men In Black II and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.

More functionalities can be obtained for Blender, thanks to its scripting capabilities that allow users to activate extensions. By using Python scripts, the can include functionalities like object creation, animation, import and export, and rendering.

so come in and let have fun

Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by emmy512: 8:23am On Sep 04, 2020
Collinz2:
yea i quit till i have a good machine
You don't need to quit, a Pentium or A1 Amd processor is able to carry blender, you can keep learning and getting used to the interface , you'll still see your work and appreciate it without rendering, which would be motivation to continue
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 04, 2020
Finehotbro:
yes sir
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 04, 2020
emmy512:

You don't need to quit, a Pentium or A1 Amd processor is able to carry blender, you can keep learning and getting used to the interface , you'll still see your work and appreciate it without rendering, which would be motivation to continue
correct

1 Like

Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
HsLBroker:
this was done with blender with many many more
How many hours will it take my machine to render this? gringrin

Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
HsLBroker:
Let start with what is a blender?

Blender is a free and open-source 3D computer graphics software toolset used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, motion graphics, interactive 3D applications, Architectural designs and computer games

Blender's features include 3D modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, raster graphics editing, rigging and skinning, fluid and smoke simulation, particle simulation, soft body simulation, sculpting, animating, match moving, rendering, motion graphics, video editing, and compositing.

Animators, scientists, artists, students, and other professionals have all worked together to come up with Blender, a computer graphics suite that is intuitive and feature-rich. This 3D computer graphics suite is open-source and free, and has been used for animated films, video games, visual effects, 3D models, and 3D applications. Rendering that is ultra-realistic is made possible by Blender’s path-tracer engine, which is built-in to the suite. Models can be quickly created, edited, and transformed with these modeling tools. Raw footage can be tracked and imported thanks to features like camera tracking and object tracking. These features also allow users looking at 3D scenes to see camera movements. Advertisements, TV series, and short films can also be made with Blender’s rigging and animation tools. The viewport allows users to bring together 2D with 3D, while the Python API lets the 3D creation suite customize interface size, layouts, fonts, and colors.

The main benefits of Blender are its path-tracer engine, its rendering process, and its scripting.

One of Blender’s strengths is Cycles, it’s production render engine that is ray-trace based. Scenes can have more realistic lighting thanks to Cycles, which accomplishes this by having pixels trace the path of light. How it affects objects when it interacts with them is then simulated.

Blender users enjoy a sped-up rendering process since rather than using the CPU, Cycles users a graphics card to perform rendering. Because this lets modern GPUs to do a lot of crunching instead, the rendering process is considerably quicker. For the uninitiated, number crunching refers to the 3D calculations required for developing 3D-heavy applications and video games.

Looking to create 3D games? Blender has the game engine for that. Not only can models be ported to third-party game engines, but Blender also allows for game logic to be coded by its users. Game prototypes, as well as visualizations that are interactive, can also be created on Blender.

Multiple animation features and tools are available to users looking to use Blender for films that are either feature-length or short. There is also an editor for a character pose animator, which can be used for inverse kinematics and independent movements. Fast rigging tools allow users to work on bone layers and colored groups. While creating posable characters, users can also do automatic skinning.

Visual Effects Features

A library of nodes is made available to Blender users through its built-in compositor. Users can access this library while creating color grading, vignettes, and camera effects. Rendering to multilayer OpenEXR files is also possible with Blender. Some of the movies that have used this high dynamic-range (HDR) image file format include Men In Black II and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.

More functionalities can be obtained for Blender, thanks to its scripting capabilities that allow users to activate extensions. By using Python scripts, the can include functionalities like object creation, animation, import and export, and rendering.

so come in and let have fun

Blender has dropped support for its gaming engine a long time ago. Hope you remember, besides blender graphics are far ahead of what gaming engines can hope to offer unfortunately, that's why glass and mirror textures can't be rendered on any gaming engine.
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 11, 2020
Buying or considering replacing your traditional windows with casement windows, these guides may be advantageous to you as a nairalander or a non nairalander.

We are all here to learn and reading this article now will give you an insight to some important things about Casement window which is one of the best most popular modern type of windows in World, other types of windows includes basement, bay, awning and louvers windows.

So let get started, let us share our ideals and experience as well.

Awning windows and Basement windows also look like casement windows but they are partially different in terms of installation but louvers windows are entirely different from all.

Casement windows are mostly made of aluminum.

In Nigeria we have different companies importing these products for making of these windows by the process called fabricating.

Tower Standard Aluminum is the best of all types of products imported to Nigeria, we also have thick imported.

The standard glass thickness for residential building is 5mm, you can choose to have a transparent glass, black, white or cream but all of this is a choice, but for security purpose the best one is the type that you can see people outside when you are inside in the afternoon or morning, but they can’t see you, they will only be looking at themselves as if it was a mirror they are seeing and in the night they can hardly see what is inside even when the light is on in the night expect the person is as close to the window as skin is closer to the bones in our body.

Casement windows are usually hung vertically with an opening window hinged from the left or right side of the frame. The opener can be inward or outward, but is more commonly installed with the opening element moving in an outward motion. Windows which open inwardly are usually seen in residential apartments or buildings where security and safety are an issue of concern or paramount.

Due to the simple construction and stout, ruggedness, staunch and sturdy frame, casement windows are known to stand the test of time, compare to all major types of windows, without repairs or replacement.

The Crank is the controller locker of the opening and closing of the window unit, if the crank is not well fix or attach, or the material use is not standard, then the crank is likely to fail at a very short time.

The biggest market for these casement windows products is at Aluminum Village, Dopemu close to Egbeda in Lagos, Nigeria.

Casement windows can be embedded with net, and burglary so there is no need of doing a separate burglary proof or net, when you are considering casement windows for your project, though there are some people that love to have their casement windows and net embedded together while they do a separate burglary that will be install separately but at the end you will end up spending more money than you need to spend on a single window that will have a casement, burglary and net embedded together.

If you are considering the casement, burglary and net embedded in the iron rod that will be use inside the burglary pipe is 16mm.

Important things to consider are Reasonable Price, Efficiency, Zero Noise Cancellation, Available in Different Designs and Color, Ventilation.

Reasonable Price
Casement windows are one of the best priced windows types, I can categorically tell you that a casement windows measuring 4ft x 4ft or 1.2m x 1.2m with burglary and net embedded together is around N31, 000 to N32, 000 depend on the seller right now, without burglary is between N27, 000 to N28, 000 plus.

Efficiency
Casement windows are one of the most energy efficient windows, the sash which is the framework in which panes of glass are set in the window, when closed form a seal around the entire windows frame, reducing or zero cancelling the amount of Air Leakage which can pass between the inside and the outside space, so your air conditioners can attach uppermost coolest of the inside house.

Zero Noise Cancellation
Zero Noise penetration or cancellation from the outside space is another added value for you when you install a casement windows, so whatever you are saying inside your room will not leak outside and whatever noise outside can’t come inside especially when you leave beside a church or a mosque, please remember I’m an Atheist, lol.

Available in Different Designs and Color
Casement windows is available in various variety of finishes and colors designs with range of accessories such as chrome, vinyl or brass crank handles, you can also add a range of optional extra such as surface grills and lead grills this makes the casement windows more attractive to the eye and less plain looking like sliding windows.

Ventilation
Casement windows provide good ventilation and usually allow two way ventilation methods, one which allows you to open the windows full and the other which allows you to open the windows by a way of centimeters instead. Either of this option is good for letting air into your house, particularly in the hotter dry weather or summer season like the westerner use to say.
Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by hslbroker2(m): 12:35am On Sep 07, 2021
Buying or considering replacing your traditional windows with casement windows, these guides may be advantageous to you as a nairalander or a non nairalander.

We are all here to learn and reading this article now will give you an insight to some important things about Casement window which is one of the best most popular modern type of windows in World, other types of windows includes basement, bay, awning and louvers windows.

So let get started, let us share our ideals and experience as well.

Awning windows and Basement windows also look like casement windows but they are partially different in terms of installation but louvers windows are entirely different from all.

Casement windows are mostly made of aluminum.

In Nigeria we have different companies importing these products for making of these windows by the process called fabricating.

Tower Standard Aluminum is the best of all types of products imported to Nigeria, we also have thick imported.

The standard glass thickness for residential building is 5mm, you can choose to have a transparent glass, black, white or cream but all of this is a choice, but for security purpose the best one is the type that you can see people outside when you are inside in the afternoon or morning, but they can’t see you, they will only be looking at themselves as if it was a mirror they are seeing and in the night they can hardly see what is inside even when the light is on in the night expect the person is as close to the window as skin is closer to the bones in our body.

Casement windows are usually hung vertically with an opening window hinged from the left or right side of the frame. The opener can be inward or outward, but is more commonly installed with the opening element moving in an outward motion. Windows which open inwardly are usually seen in residential apartments or buildings where security and safety are an issue of concern or paramount.

Due to the simple construction and stout, ruggedness, staunch and sturdy frame, casement windows are known to stand the test of time, compare to all major types of windows, without repairs or replacement.

The Crank is the controller locker of the opening and closing of the window unit, if the crank is not well fix or attach, or the material use is not standard, then the crank is likely to fail at a very short time.

The biggest market for these casement windows products is at Aluminum Village, Dopemu close to Egbeda in Lagos, Nigeria.

Casement windows can be embedded with net, and burglary so there is no need of doing a separate burglary proof or net, when you are considering casement windows for your project, though there are some people that love to have their casement windows and net embedded together while they do a separate burglary that will be install separately but at the end you will end up spending more money than you need to spend on a single window that will have a casement, burglary and net embedded together.

If you are considering the casement, burglary and net embedded in the iron rod that will be use inside the burglary pipe is 16mm.

Important things to consider are Reasonable Price, Efficiency, Zero Noise Cancellation, Available in Different Designs and Color, Ventilation.

Reasonable Price
Casement windows are one of the best priced windows types, I can categorically tell you that a casement windows measuring 4ft x 4ft or 1.2m x 1.2m with burglary and net embedded together is around N31, 000 to N32, 000 depend on the seller right now, without burglary is between N27, 000 to N28, 000 plus.

Efficiency
Casement windows are one of the most energy efficient windows, the sash which is the framework in which panes of glass are set in the window, when closed form a seal around the entire windows frame, reducing or zero cancelling the amount of Air Leakage which can pass between the inside and the outside space, so your air conditioners can attach uppermost coolest of the inside house.

Zero Noise Cancellation
Zero Noise penetration or cancellation from the outside space is another added value for you when you install a casement windows, so whatever you are saying inside your room will not leak outside and whatever noise outside can’t come inside especially when you leave beside a church or a mosque, please remember I’m an Atheist, lol.

Available in Different Designs and Color
Casement windows is available in various variety of finishes and colors designs with range of accessories such as chrome, vinyl or brass crank handles, you can also add a range of optional extra such as surface grills and lead grills this makes the casement windows more attractive to the eye and less plain looking like sliding windows.

Ventilation
Casement windows provide good ventilation and usually allow two way ventilation methods, one which allows you to open the windows full and the other which allows you to open the windows by a way of centimeters instead. Either of this option is good for letting air into your house, particularly in the hotter dry weather or summer season like the westerner use to say.

download the latest blender

Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by hslbroker2(m): 1:37am On Sep 07, 2021

How many hours will it take my machine to render this? gringrin
get this toy u will render it in few time

CPU: Intel Core i7-1165G7
GPU: Intel Iris Xe Graphics
RAM: 16GB
Storage: 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
Display: 13.4-inch, 1200Size: 11.6 x 7.8 x 0.6 inches
Weight: 2.8 pounds

it will save u time

Re: Advantage of using Blender OS 4 creating animated films, visual effects, art etc by hslbroker2(m): 1:38am On Sep 07, 2021
its free

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help With Python / Vb6.0 Code / What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.