Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please - Dating And Meet-up Zone (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please (5035 Views)

The Pretty Nlders In Romance Section Are Hidden / Are There Good Looking Guys On Nl's Romance Section? / Looking For A Mature Man Aged 35 And Over! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2006
Well then, good luck to underage girls with abnormally flowing hormones, lacked self-control and respect, and romancing on the web!

On a lighter note though, girls should have fun, but with care. What you read and see sure have a lot of effect on you. I'm talking from experience.

This is all I've got to say on this one. Nice time Latoya.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 12:50am On Feb 02, 2006
Really, I believe a girl at 16 should be much more occupied with how to solve complex algebra, calculus and others, y'know school work, kind of. You'd end up a responsible girl that way than just wasting ample time here.

And why waste precious time on romance section when you know that no one will ever call on you to date you? Just go to Education, Religion, Sports and other much more enlightening sections on this forum to grow up and be a responsible woman.

Just my 2 cents, that's all.

omo, are you saying the romance section isn't enlightening? I think it's just as enlightening as any other section you mentioned above!

you're saying solving "complex algebra,calculus and others" will make you a responsible girl/woman?
What exactly do you mean by "responsible" in this context and how does complex math problems help you become responsible?

ono:

Hey! Rolly, not the way you see it o. You've got to wait patiently until you get to that age 18 or so before you start thinking of romance.

what law states that you have to get to age 18 to start "thinking" of romance?
did you wait till you were 18 before thinking about it?
anyone who's  started puberty and isn't thinking or never thinks about romance is not normal!!

Ample: Plenty, extensive, abundant. So, ample time means plenty time etc etc.  Just wait for your time. Invite me to your 18th birthday. I will gladly come over and welcome you to the club of adults.
But, for the now, stay clear of these sections that keeps your hormones running pretty wild at night and you'd forget you have maths lessons tomorrow.
Now hear your self:

Methink at 16, you're not a woman. You're a girl

Another two cents for those who care to take it.

You mean sexual education is meant for adults.
Don't you think it's a wise for teenagers to learn about their bodies and how to protect themselves, sex e.t.c so that they are responsible then and in the near future?

meknows that at 16, you really don't fit into any definitive category. You aren't a kid and you aren't an adult either.
teenage years are a transistional period from childhood to adulthood. people find their identity i.e ("who am I"wink
That's one of the reason being a teenager is confusing. you're not a girl, your not a woman either,and, you are both sometimes too!!!
that 18 years old deal is just for the sake of legal[/i]ity, officiality. There are some 21 year olds you can't call adults but officially, they are! the same thing goes vice versa.

ono:

I controlled myself for 28 years until I got married, my friend! If you must know, I was a virgin through and through. And I believe if I post my pix on my profile box, you'd fall flat like a pack of cards!!

All through those 28 years my hormones flowed normally and I got a very highly developed brain. I'm a well-baked, well cultured and a profitable addition to my society.

All my advice above is what I used to tell my younger sisters. They heeded my advice and they are better people today.

Good luck to girls with abnormally flowing hormones, lacked self-control and respect, and romancing on the web!

First of all, you said:
"all through those 28 years, [your] hormones flowed "normaly" and [you] got a highly developed brain".

i as well as anyone else who knows a lot if not little about hormones will tell you that statement isn't right.
are you saying your hormones flowed at the same constant rate as you were at age 4, age 17, age 26?
That's not possible!!

You also said "[you] controlled yourself.. why would you need to control yourself if your hormones were flowing "normally" not abnormally?.

Raging hormones (abnormally flowing hormones) during pubescent/teenage years is normal. It happened to you too when you were a teen i bet! why deny it?
Hotangel is as much of a virgin as you and it doesn't mean she's a virgin because she does "complex math problems" everyday and knows nothing about sex education and/or romance.

It's okay for teenagers to read romance stuff/books as long as it's not [i]THAT
explicit (it's actually not even okay for adults to do that) There are actually "teenage romance books" along side other intellectual books at every public library i've been to. Are you saying those "wise" people are being "dumb" by letting teenagers know that they can't get pregnant by just touching a guy? (like most ignorant children young adults think)
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 1:11am On Feb 02, 2006
sorry for the long post.
i just had to set you straight.
don't blame me, blame the "raging hormones" (as Oiza would say)  grin
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 8:03am On Feb 02, 2006
Yeah Wesley, that one's a long post.

The important thing here is self control Forget about controlling hormones flow and all that thrash. Believe me, at 16 and with all these romantic words ringing in your ears, It's going to be a difficult one for a teenage girl not to think of tasting or eating the forbidden fruit, or is it[b] popping the cherry [/b] you girls call it?

As at 16, I was much more preoccupied with how to finish Nelkon's Principle of Physics, cover to cover. I remember reading Osei Yaw Ababio's New School Chemistry Book about twice, cover to cover that time. Maybe it's because I attended a boys only secondary school, but I really never had the time to think about girls until towards the end of my stay in the University. Those days, fun to me was playing table tennis and some football. Not getting to know what's meant for adults.

In all, girls should have fun o. No wahala, as long as they did not get infested with HIV.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by chinesedoll(f): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2006
What are u feeling like i can give u a 16 year old whould make u cry in bed
my friend think before u talk abi u no dey watch cartoon
even mi sef dey watch shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by cheekee(f): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2006
*rolling eyes*
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by seyefar(m): 9:46pm On Feb 02, 2006
make una take am easy with this guy...may be he's just a victim of love... cheesy cheesy cheesy sometimes these teens reason even more than the so called adults.so wats the point of all these sixteen stuff.if this guy has a scores with  16 years old girl he should not bring it in here to cause more trouble.come the girl dey NL?
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by seyefar(m): 10:05pm On Feb 02, 2006
ask for some of these sixteens needs caution anyway because there going too too fast..i mean some..and repeat some.remember from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. am not refering to anyone ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nice one there seyefar
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 1:22am On Feb 03, 2006
ono:

The important thing here is self control Forget about controlling hormones flow and all that thrash. Believe me, at 16 and with all these romantic words ringing in your ears, It's going to be a difficult one for a teenage girl not to think of tasting or eating the forbidden fruit, or is it[b] popping the cherry [/b] you girls call it?

good you said "forget about controlling hormones flow"....... because no one can really control chemical/biological changes going on in their bodies.  smiley

It's not a matter of difficulty. It's a matter of knowing your right from wrong.
You hear about robberies and crime everyday ringing in your ear but that doesn't mean you're going to participate in it or break into someone's house the next day!.
the key point is: right from wrong. no matter how much you hear about romance, if you know and are determined that you'll remain a virgin, you can.
romance isn't even all about sex anyways!! It's two totally different terms but somehow  related.
actually hearing stuff like that helps you understand more and how to be responsible (it's the truth if you don't believe and it's called sex education)!!

As at 16, I was much more preoccupied with how to finish Nelkon's Principle of Physics , cover to cover. I remember reading Osei Yaw Ababio's New School Chemistry Book about twice, cover to cover that time. Maybe it's because I attended a boys only secondary school, but I really never had the time to think about girls until towards the end of my stay in the University. Those days, fun to me was playing table tennis and some football. Not getting to know what's meant for adults.

You said "you never had time to think about girls". so let's say you had the time, wouldn't you have?? of course you would have!! and would that have made you lose your virginity at an earlier age? No!!
Just like saying i didn't have time to watch violent video games that's why i'm not violent. That's statement is not very logical or meaningful

And, i wouldn't encourage any one to finish and reread Nelkon's Principle of Physics(whatever that is) unless they're very enthusiastic about phyisics or just school nerds/brains. otherwise, depression might set in. I for one can't stand physics.
so what applies/applied to you might not apply to some other 16 year old teenage girl.
Romance (the topic generally) is not something meant for adults only. If it was, "The frog prince", "Cinderella", "Princess diaries" and all other children books/fairy tales/ teen, young adult novels e.t.c wouldn't be published or made. they contain romance themes which according to you "are meant for 18 years plus only"!!!

yes, it can influence you but if you know your "right" from "wrong" it's not that difficult.

In all, girls should have fun o. No wahala, as long as they did not get infested with HIV.
Now you're saying it's okay for girls to have sex (as long as they don't get HIV)!  undecided doesn't that contradict your argument?
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by hotangel2(f): 1:28am On Feb 03, 2006
I was waiting for wes to come and attack. Voila.. she's done it. cheesy cheesy
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by seeni4ever(m): 1:30am On Feb 03, 2006
a 16 yr old girl is no more minor, come to colleges in maryland u'll see alot of sweet sixteens there, and are you trying to tell me that a college girl is not mature enough. iwill rather date a 16 yr old than to date a girl that will think she is ur mama.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 1:34am On Feb 03, 2006
cheesy cheesy
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by gentleaura(m): 1:37am On Feb 03, 2006
ono:

As at 16, I was much more preoccupied with how to finish Nelkon's Principle of Physics, cover to cover. I remember reading Osei Yaw Ababio's New School Chemistry Book about twice, cover to cover that time. Maybe it's because I attended a boys only secondary school, but I really never had the time to think about girls until towards the end of my stay in the University. Those days, fun to me was playing table tennis and some football. Not getting to know what's meant for adults.

Yeah bro preach it!...JOGS? Its all Ababio and Nelkon, I was there as well, lets go play football infront of coopers' lodge play Table at the back of 1938 block and New Hostel(Gansallo)...u still rem them?.....lol
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 1:40am On Feb 03, 2006
awwww you two are feeling nostalgic. cheesy . .
don't you just wish you were a teenage once again? cheesy and could satisfy your minds and hearts with highly stimulating advanced nicotine physics. bad bad boys. cheesy

1938?
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 8:02am On Feb 03, 2006
Um, wesley, how old are you? Read my words very well: I was much more pre-occupied - now that's supposed to mean, I had time for other things, but my energy and ample time were much more devoted towards becoming a resposible man through rigorous academic exercise and learning. You read such things as playing table tennis and football in that my entry, right? That means I sure had time for other things, girl.

WesleyanA:

It's not a matter of difficulty. It's a matter of knowing your right from wrong.
You hear about robberies and crime everyday ringing in your ear but that doesn't mean you're going to participate in it or break into someone's house the next day!

the key point is: right from wrong. no matter how much you hear about romance, if you know and are determined that you'll remain a virgin, you can.

yes, it can influence you but if you know your "right" from "wrong" it's not that difficult.

Now you're saying it's okay for girls to have sex (as long as they don't get HIV)! undecided doesn't that contradict your argument?

At 16 yrs of age, you really do not know your right from wrong. Be truthful to yourself. You still need parental guidance. I read one seventeen year old reply on one of snazzy's posts. Let me share it with you. I deliberately removed the name of the person not to cause some sort of embarrassment. I've done some editing also.

2 Forums / Sexuality / Re: Your First Sexual Experience on: January 31, 2006, 02:44 PM

..........do u seriously think i should i mean i was considering doing it wit ma boyfriend i jst hd 2nd thoughts

3 Forums / Sexuality / Re: Your First Sexual Experience on: January 31, 2006, 02:42 PM
.........u guys i beg now stop makin me feel lk 'tasing it'

4 Forums / Sexuality / Re: Your First Sexual Experience on: January 31, 2006, 02:34 PM
........u guys i beg now stop makin me feel like 'tasting it'

Do you get my point now?

gentleaura, abeg help save me from the hands of these sex-infested sweet sixteens.

I stand by my word wesley: I never had the time to think of having any serious relationship with any girl. I wasn't thinking of romance then either. It's all physics, chemistry, maths and further-maths. In fact it was competition galore for many of us back then. It was called over-sylla as at then. genle, I remember all that one my dear. Who will forget back of 1938 block, by metal-workshop? wesley, you won't understand. So, just chill out!!

I attended a boys only secondary school. And I'm sure glad I did.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 8:07am On Feb 03, 2006
seeni4ever:

a 16 yr old girl is no more minor, come to colleges in maryland u'll see alot of sweet sixteens there, and are you trying to tell me that a college girl is not mature enough. iwill rather date a 16 yr old than to date a girl that will think she is your mama.

It's generally acknowledged the world over, that the present day American way of life is unarguably the worst in human history.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by luridguy(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2006
true word ono if 16 yr old girls are so caught up in romance and all that now then am afraid the next generation of 18yr old girls will be out control grin
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by Rhodalyn(f): 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2006
galz if da age 10 evn knw aba wht luv is let alone 16 yr olds
we are in a more developed world u knw
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by xpertguide(m): 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2006
Na wa ooooo! why should a gurl of 16yrs old be doing in here, she should get her butt down in da house and watch baby plays on Tele, shuu shocked dis is rediculous haba
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 6:09am On Feb 04, 2006
I'm actually 15 not 16 yet(i'll be turning 16 this year though).
Anyways, Ono,  you say at 16, you do not know your right from wrong? What do you mean by that in relation to this topic.
personally, i read romance novels sometimes and i post in the section too. are you saying because i do that, i'm going to contact HIV or get pregnant or have sex?
are you saying i don't know the right thing from the wrong concerning romance and relationship?
I know i do!!!

what i don't get are those who really don't know right from wrong. .  like those whose parents tell "you'll get pregnant if you touch a guy". those are the people that don't know right from wrong!
if your parents tell you however the truth about these stuff, and also safety precautions, what to avoid and what not to, then you're good to go! you know your right from wrong only you need not to do the wrong thing.

responsibility doesn't necesarily have to take the form of academics . That's totally different. That's academic responsibility and has nothing to do with romance. For example, physics can't train you to be a responsible family man or responsible headstart (day care) administrator. You have to be specific .
social, emotional responsibility which has much more to do with this topic at hand is what you should talk about.
i could also say that i was preoccupied with dancing/singing that i had no time for romance!! voila. i'm responsible!!

What makes someone responsible is knowledge/maturity. If you are taught at an early stage how to be mature through sex education (at school and at home), the better.

Children and teens need good information about sex,sexual relationships, reproduction and birth control, sexually-transmitted diseases, and sexual abuse. Information is power, and in this high-risk day and age, children and teens need all the information they can get. To withhold information about sex and the possibility of sexual abuse, as well as information about reproduction and disease, puts all children at risk. Refusing to talk about sex does not mean that children are safe, that nothing bad will happen to them. Only by opening up the discussion about sex, and beginning to talk to children at young age, will we ever be able to protect them from abuse. Ultimately it will only be when sex and sexual abuse are commonplace topics of conversation will perpetrators be held accountable. Only then will our society ever truly be able to prevent one of the most tragic things that can happen to a child.
            source: http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/sex_ed.html

Those examples you gave from the sections, before i consider them you have to give me the  approximate ages of the posters. and give me info as to what extent you edited them or the link.

It's generally acknowledged the world over, that the present day American way of life is unarguably the worst in human history.

Can you give me a couple of links to where you found this claim? I hope it's from a reliable unbiased source too. You can't just be making stuff up or be posting what your friend who's never being there said.
The current American way of life is actually one of the best!!!! although many take it for granted.

unarguably you say? I'll argue it w/ you.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2006
...like gay marriages,....like the highest sexual abuse record in human history, all the rapes.We hear about men raping 8 year olds in the US, gangsterism, violence, occult, I hear  humans having sex with animals in some states in the US is tolerated etc etc...FROM CNN, and others. My friends over there tell me too. Need I say more?

They all stem from misplaced priorities, non-chalant attitudes from parents and American society in general towards the right way of bringing up a child.

Since this sex education thing was introduced to the world by Americans, how far have they been able to reduce, in anyway, the prevalence of sexual abuse amongst youths in the US in particular and the world in general? The US today, has the highest divorce rate amongst married couples in the world. They are even spreading their diseases towards Europe and Africa! We will resist it with our last blood.

Now, how do you think I will take one smith-lawfirm seriously on this issue? Pointblank, I will not take whatever any American law firm has to say on this matter seriously. For all I care, it's one of your lawyer friend website. http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/sex_ed.html

And, I find it hard to combine the fact that the American lifetyles is the best on one hand, and that many take it for granted on the other. Methink if it's the best, it will have zero tolerance for any lapses. So, check your facts girl, before going to press.

If you're a 15yr old girl, I'd better stop this our discussion before something serious happens to me. I like abiding by the rules. It pays in the end.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2006
WesleyanA:

I'm actually 15 not 16 yet(i'll be turning 16 this year though).

....responsibility doesn't necesarily have to take the form of academics . That's totally different. That's academic responsibility and has nothing to do with romance. For example, physics can't train you to be a responsible family man or responsible headstart (day care) administrator. You have to be specific .
social, emotional responsibility which has much more to do with this topic at hand is what you should talk about.
i could also say that i was preoccupied with dancing/singing that i had no time for romance!! voila. i'm responsible!!

What makes someone responsible is knowledge/maturity. If you are taught at an early stage how to be mature through sex education (at school and at home), the better.

Those examples you gave from the sections, before i consider them you have to give me the  approximate ages of the posters. and give me info as to what extent you edited them or the link...............

Well, I said through rigorous academic exercise and learning - now, learning is an all embracing broad term. It sure embraces all the other stuff you've mentioned. And I sure did all that. I'd be a shrink if I did not.

Is there any gap between knowledge, maturity, age, and learning? Methink they are all inter-woven one way or the other. In fact they all depend on each other for survival, if you'd ask me.

Those examples you gave from the sections, before i consider them you have to give me the approximate ages of the posters. and give me info as to what extent you edited them or the link.

I said the girl's 17yrs old. Editing was almost zero, if not zero. You can see the sections already, from the heading.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 1:38am On Feb 07, 2006
ono:

Well, I said through rigorous academic exercise and learning - now, learning is an all embracing broad term. It sure embraces all the other stuff you've mentioned. And I sure did all that. I'd be a shrink if I did not.
No you didn't. You said (and i can quote you in like three places) specifically physics e.t.c.
learning is a broad term is my point exactly!!!!!!Romance forums also are educative whether you want to believe it or not.
you said girls shouldn't learn about sex or visit the romance forums instead they should limit their knowledge to only the math, physics and some sports and technology forums.

Is there any gap between knowledge, maturity, age, and learning? Methink they are all inter-woven one way or the other. In fact they all depend on each other for survival, if you'd ask me.
there are gaps between these stuffs you mention. some not so much as the others but there are! you can be a 30 year old guy and still not know that it's important to protect yourself when having sex. That's why sex education is important.
Also, you get marture as you get older but maturity combines other factors too.

I said the girl's 17yrs old. Editing was almost zero, if not zero. You can see the sections already, from the heading.
Now if i were you, what i would do is tell these girls the importance of not having unprotected sex or the maybe consequences onf engaging in sexual relations at an early age. That's what the Romance forum's for: to teach, educate, inform each other on these matters, and share experiences.
You can't say that if they were reading "physics" and "physics" only, no girl under 18 will ever have sex. actually there are more danger and hurt to a human than sex. social, emotional distress are just a part of it.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 2:30am On Feb 07, 2006
Now, how do you think I will take one smith-lawfirm seriously on this issue? Pointblank, I will not take whatever any American law firm has to say on this matter seriously. For all I care, it's one of your lawyer friend website. http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/sex_ed.html

first of all, info on the importance of sex education is all over the web. If indeed you need mroe links, here they are:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sex-education/CC00032
http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/rrr/definitions.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_education

If you want more links. I'll provide them. I have no affiliate with the author of that first website and if i should guess, those facts are basic truths to prevent cases of abuse where people sue each other.
check out the other websites and don't come telling me wikipedia is my grandpa's bestfriends's cousin.

ono:

...like gay marriages,....like the highest sexual abuse record in human history, all the rapes.We hear about men raping 8 year olds in the US, gangsterism, violence, occult, I hear humans having sex with animals in some states in the US is tolerated etc etc...FROM CNN, and others. My friends over there tell me too. Need I say more?

They all stem from misplaced priorities, non-chalant attitudes from parents and American society in general towards the right way of bringing up a child.

Since this sex education thing was introduced to the world by Americans, how far have they been able to reduce, in anyway, the prevalence of sexual abuse amongst youths in the US in particular and the world in general? The US today, has the highest divorce rate amongst married couples in the world. They are even spreading their diseases towards Europe and Africa! We will resist it with our last blood.

And, I find it hard to combine the fact that the American lifetyles is the best on one hand, and that many take it for granted on the other. Methink if it's the best, it will have zero tolerance for any lapses. So, check your facts girl, before going to press.

If you're a 15yr old girl, I'd better stop this our discussion before something serious happens to me. I like abiding by the rules. It pays in the end.

The rest of your post ^ lack credibility as you have no evidence to back up your assertion that gay marriages e.t.c are the worst form of human life in history.
even your statement that they stem from parents attitude toward their kids is even more astounding.
have you ever heard of the statement "liberal" "freedom" e.t.c? i know you have. and there should be a connection going on in your mind.

CNN gives you facts but do they tell you if these facts correlate with worse way of life in human history?
I'm not even going to count "your friend".

doesn't CNN also tell you that Africa has the highest rate of HIV/AIDS in the globe (lack of sex education e.t.c are HUGE factors)

and can you give me the source where you found this info: "They are even spreading their diseases towards Europe and Africa!"
what diseases? HIV that has it's origins in the Congo, Africa?
Did you know that the United States as well as other european counties actually fund tons of money to relieve Africa in the HIV campaigns?

The United States doesn't have the highest sexual abuse record in human history as you suggested (without evidence to back up your assertion)

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/37/018.html
neither does it have the highest rapes (even though the rate compared to many european nations is quite high)
the reason you think it is is because many countries don't publish or give statistics and news on what's going on.
The amount of rapes in Nigeria alone i wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than the United States.

If i were to go on, with this, it probably wouldn't end.

It'll be an understatement to say Nigeria has one of the worse way of life in human history. Since most true facts and violence that go on there are most times unannounced (wasn't there a controversy on whether to jail the journalist that dared to capture the news of the 11 year old burnt to death? wasn't AIT banned for showing some news on TV about a plane crash and deaths?) now think of how many cases as such there are or have being that have gone uncaptured/ recorded (considering the fact that most news in the US is covered).

I'm not making a case for the United States, i'm just trying to justify the importance of education including sexual education for teenagers.

and you need to start backing up your facts with evidence and source. as i don't know where your getting those random facts from. they might as well be made up.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 8:46am On Feb 07, 2006
Hey, cool down girl: The disease here is DIVORCE. Now, that should knock out all the other outbursts of yours.

Believe me Wesley, most of our problems in Nigeria were actually imported from the US in particular and Western Nations in general. And we are working very hard to retrace our steps and go back to our roots, no matter how crude those roots are.

You did not say anything about humans having sex with animals in some states in the US. Maybe you'd counter that one too, right?
You know, it all starts from not having enough with other women and men. So, the next thing is now animals! Lord have mercy!! And that's because teenagers are exposed to such things as sex at an early age that their sense of reasoning gets warped along the line and they start thinking of having sex with animals later in life - animals like horses and pigs. wow!!

As far as I'm concerned, gay marriages, and maybe very soon we'll begin to hear of men marrying animals in the US, is the worst form of marriages in human history.

Wes, you're still a child for christ sake! C'mon! it's going to be a bit difficult for you to understand me in these matters. So, as a first step to getting out of the woods, forget about those your cuddly sex education lessons, UNTIL you're 18 and above.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 8:56am On Feb 07, 2006
WesleyanA:

You can't say that if they were reading "physics" and "physics" only, no girl under 18 will ever have sex. actually there are more danger and hurt to a human than sex. social, emotional distress are just a part of it.

Gosh! Wes, how in the world could I be able to post anything here if I read only physics in my teens? See, all I'm saying here is that teenagers should devote more of their time to studying and growing up to be responsible. Coming here to learn about romance will not help them. Timing is also very important I'll suggest that sex education for any child should start at age 20.

I have read some entries from teens here, and from what they post, their entries leave much to be desired. If you ask some of those kids questions about their school work, which should be important to them, they will never be able to answer. But ask them questions on anything romance, and get to know what they'll specialise on in future.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 1:02am On Feb 08, 2006
Beastality isn't practiced only in the United States. It's actually practiced in many other countries too. Just as homosexualism isn't "American". Although Americans tend to be more tolerant towards people regardless of orientation e.t.c.
Your talking about the legality of the act and i'll agree with you that it is legal in some states in the United States but that doesn't mean i support it even though i have nothing against gay marriages.
Every Nation has it's own policies and i think in this case, probably a factor is protection of minority rights.

and lets get this straight, there are probably only a very few minority in the US that practice beastiality. just because these people are being protected by the law in some states doesn't mean every teen/adult practice it. Actually there's a certain age you have to be according to these laws.

There are people who practice beastiality in Nigeria too. whether you want to know the news or not.
These acts are done in private is just the issue.
And it has nothing to do with teenagers or sex education.

I don't think this is as bad as the cases we have in the Northern Nigeria where people are being dehumanized, amputated, stoned to death. through the Sharia laws.with the govt. doing nothing about it.

you say gay marriage is the worst form of marriage in human history?
first of all, what is marriage? doesn't it have to be with the consent of the two individuals involved?
if it was a human marrying an amimal it would be wrong because the animal obviously didn't consent to it. It's not even like that happens.
Do you know what i think is the worst form of marriage in human history?
POLYGAMY, FORCED MARRIAGES (i.e parents marrying off their 13 year old daughters to some 60 year old), These two practices are/were actually very common in Nigeria., DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (where the husband beats up the wife daily and the wife can't diorce her husband because "it's wrong". that's one of the worst forms of marriages.)

so when you say "human history" make sure you actually know what forms of marriages there have been in human history (and youhave to look at africa too as well as other european countries even from the past).

and do you think jailing homosexuals is the best form of human right in human history?

Now let's talk about DIVORCE.

First of all, it is true that the rate of divorce in the United States are high but this actually isn't caused by the education of american teens about sexuality. It actually helps reduce it.
as far as i know the main causes of it are:

1. "there is little remaining social stigma attached to unwed mothers in some societies. The subject of divorce as a social phenomenon is an important research topic in sociology" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce

This means that in the United States and other European countries where there are high divorce rates, women who are divorced are treated almost as equally as married women. They aren't shunned like in Africa or mistreated and called names. They are respected so they don't fear getting out of a marriage they're uncomfortable with.

There is reason for many women even in Nigeria to divorce their cheating or violent husbands (speaking from personal experience of my mom's friends and statistics to back it up) but they can't get out of the trap because they know the Nigerian society isn't tolerant.

so this is a social issue rather than sexual.

A[i]n annual study in the UK by management consultants Grant Thornton, estimates the main causes of divorce based on surveys of matrimonial lawyers (see [1]).

The main causes in 2004 (2003) were:

* Extra-marital affairs - 27% (29%)
* Family strains - 18% (11%)
* Emotional/physical abuse - 17% (10%)
* Mid-life crisis - 13% (not in 2003 survey)
* Addictions, e.g. alcoholism and gambling - 6% (5%)
* Workaholism - 6% (5%)

According to this survey, men engaged in extra-marital affairs in 75% (55%) of cases; women in 25% (45%).

In cases of family strain, women's families were the primary source of strain in 78%, compared to 22% of men's families.

Emotional and physical abuse were more evenly split, with women affected in 60% and men in 40% of cases.

In 70% of workaholism-related divorces it was men who were the cause, and 30% women.

The 2004 survey found that 93% of divorce cases were petitioned by women, very few of which were contested.

53% of divorces were of marriages that had lasted 10 to 15 years, with 40% ending after 5 to 10 years. The first 5 years are relatively divorce-free, and if a marriage survives more than 20 years it is unlikely to end in divorce.

Regarding divorce settlements, as defined by this survey women obtained a better or considerably better settlement than men in 60% of cases. In 30% of cases the assets were split 50-50, and in only 10% of cases did men achieve better settlements (down from 24% the previous year). The 2004 report concluded that campaigns like that of Fathers 4 Justice must succeed in increasing the percentage of shared residence orders, in order for more equitable financial divisions to become the norm.
[/i] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce

as you can see, when a husband isn't being faithful to the wife, she has the right to divorce him and she does unlike other societies where the wife stays and doesn't complain (due to problems she might face as a results. these problems aren't existent in some european countries. even if they are, they're minimal). Instead she sees herself as inferior to the husband.
this also has a lot to do with gender equality and rights than teenage sex education.

women who divorce their husbands in Nigeria are also left out homeless without property (which the husband's family claims even this happens with death) In European countries on the other hand as you can see, there is better "equitable financial divisions" which most of the time even works in favor of the women.

also wives who suffer physical/emotional abuse in africa can't divorce their husbands without having major problems (see #1).whereas in the United States, they can!.
All these causes are very rampant in other countries too. But the effects vary widely.

another issue is time and change. The United States today is more liberal and very different from the United States 200 years ago. probably divorce was illegal then even if the husband is beating the wife to death in the house.
Today, women have more rights (plenty compared to some countries)
Africa on the other hand is one that's very conservative and changing a little bit more slowly. With time, I wouldn't be suprised if gay marriages were legalized.

Believe me Wesley, most of our problems in Nigeria were actually imported from the US in particular and Western Nations in general. And we are working very hard to retrace our steps and go back to our roots, no matter how crude those roots are.

This is one quote of yours i don't get. can you please elaborate more?
nigerian problems were imported from the US? you mean the corruption, lack of electricity, water, AIDS(started in africa),
You can't go back in time. The goal of every nation should be to move foward. Nigerian condition as bad as it maybe i would bet is certainly better tha 100 years ago.
so why not think of moving foward and advancing in the areas the United States have succeded in instead of saying we want to go back?
----------------------

It's sort of obvious to me that you don't know what "sex education" means.
I take it in my health class and each year we advance more and learn a lot about relationships, what mistakes to avoid, HIV/AIDS prevention, abstinence as the best solution, STDS, safety, medical precautions, Child to Parent relationships, Peer Pressure, how to handle abuse, reporting victims/ suspected abusers e.t.c.
as you can see, sex education doesn't mean you go to a class and have sex! as that's what i believe you're thinking.
i know many Nigerians who say to me "my mom told me you get pregnant when you touch a guy". that's just plain ignorant.

and you need not tell me about abuse in United States because Nigeria has it's own share in the area (let me not even talk about teachers sexually harrasing/abusing students who don't know enough to report this to the police).

telling a person to avoid sex education before age 18 can be dangerous. you don't know what your friends might be advising you (like you mentioned about that thread) so it's better to know what's right and wrong so that you don't have to ask unqualified people or peers for sexual advice.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by WesleyanA(f): 1:22am On Feb 08, 2006
ono will.  wink i wrote it for him. since we're having a conversation and he doesn't mind. (or do you mind ono? )

i also hopes that when he replies, he doesn't state just any made up fact that stem from anti-american sentiments or just scapegoat justifications to the troubles in Nigeria.

i'll also like him still to tell me where he got that statement "It's generally acknowledged the world over, that the present day American way of life is unarguably the worst in human history."

The only people i've heard that from is you. so i don't think i see how that statement is "generally acknowledged all over the world".
you need to verify that. then i'll believe you.

edit: queenzy?  undecided
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 9:28am On Feb 08, 2006
WesleyanA:

i'll also like him still to tell me where he got that statement "It's generally acknowledged the world over, that the present day American way of life is unarguably the worst in human history."

Surely, that bold quote is from me. And I thot I've given enough reasons why THIS view of mine is TRUE. And I think we've deviated somewhat from the real crux of this matter:

No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please, right?

And, I've tried to make you see reasons why underage Girls (to me, this means girls below 18. No matter how brilliant and exposed they may be. And I stand by that: Girls under 18 are underage) should not venture into this romance section. And I'll advise Seun to come up with a tool that will sense your age before allowing you to enter or not to enter into the romance section, as the case may be.

And whether divorce is a social or sexual issue, and if a minority few practice bestiality in the US does not move me an inch. We both know Wes that all these social evils stems from people's inability to control their emotions and gluttony. Exposure to such things as sex and sexuality related discussions at an early age only add pep to the these social malaise.

With all the sex education and all the marriage counselling thrash in the US, they still have the highest divorce rate in the world. The US without sex education some 100 years ago, wasn't like that, right? Did we have such stupendous divorce rate as at that time? NO. Were kids properly brought up during this period, YES. Some of the best of brains in the US including your retired Reserves Chairman, the Legendary Alan Greene, is of the old stock.

Sex education has only aggravated the sexual problems and other social vices you have in the US. QED.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 9:37am On Feb 08, 2006
Lest I forget, are you American or Nigerian? Hopefully, that will make me take the next line of action.
Re: No Under-aged Girls Wanted Here (Romance Forum) Please by ono(m): 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2006
OK, You want facts on divorce and others, here's some:

1) http://www.divorcemag.com/statistics/statsWorld.shtml
2) http://christianparty.net/divorceworld.htmand this chart http://christianparty.net/usdivgdp.gif

Facts on Bestiality:
1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_and_cultural_perspectives_on_zoophilia - and when you are reading that one, note this:
"Bestiality and zooerastia merely present in a more marked and profoundly perverted form a further degree of the same phenomenon which we meet with in erotic zoophilia; the difference is that they occur either in more insensitive or in more markedly degenerate persons [...] In seeking to comprehend this perversion it is necessary to divest ourselves of the attitude toward animals which is the inevitable outcome of refined civilization and urban life. Most sexual perversions, if not in large measure, is the actual outcome of civilized life, easily adjust themselves to it. Bestiality [with one exception] is, on the other hand, the sexual perversion of dull, insensitive and unfastidious persons. It flourishes among primitive peoples and among peasants. It is the vice of the clodhopper, unattractive to women..."

2) http://www.wesleyjsmith.com/blog/2005/08/bestiality-and-varied-attacks-on-human.html

So, knowing all these, I wonder why some states in the US permit bestiality in their domains! Answers is not far fetched: Exposure to sex education at a tender age, misplaced priorities, over exposure to adult related matters in the name of getting smart at an early age, refined civilisation and urban life.

And as an advice:
http://en.bibleinfo.com/topics/topic.html?id=20

Now all these ones contributed to my conclusion that the american way of life - your social values, norms, public behaviour or behavioural attitude, are the worst the world over.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18+ Anita Our Sexy Housemaid By Teddy Cee EPISODE 6 / I Am A Male-virgin, I Need A Female To Disvirgin Me / Akwaibomites Meet Here!!!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.