Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,027 members, 7,953,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

I Am Confused On Choices To Make - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Confused On Choices To Make (328 Views)

House, I Am Confused / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Confused On Choices To Make by Extraking: 1:33pm On May 02, 2020
Hello nairalanders, so I'll try to be as brief as possible. I finished my service last year, and during service i was able to learn shoemaking, still need to perfect it though.

This year I got a job that pays 60k per month but i spend about 25k on transport (its on the island while i stay on the mainland)..

Recently, i learnt graphics design, web development, video amimation and got certified in digital marketing (online course) which i am yet to perfect.
I know that the other skills (grapjics design, animation) will be needed in digital marketing and before i can get a digital marketing job, i'd need to have some experiences, most companies say atleast 1yr..

Now my confusion is should i seek to volunteer (which i may not be paid) as a digital marketer in a company to get experience which would mean i will have to leave my current job which is sustaining me or i leave the job first, focus on shoemaking and also seek to volunteer for digital marketing.

Note that my shoemaking craft can't sustain me for now as i am still kinda new, don't have much customers yet.

Please help
Re: I Am Confused On Choices To Make by Kingrexyl(m): 1:43pm On May 02, 2020
Choose the one that you desire most.
Re: I Am Confused On Choices To Make by Ahmadmoh86: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Get enough money for your self and leave
Re: I Am Confused On Choices To Make by Luckydubby7(m): 2:25pm On May 02, 2020
Extraking:
Hello nairalanders, so I'll try to be as brief as possible. I finished my service last year, and during service i was able to learn shoemaking, still need to perfect it though.

This year I got a job that pays 60k per month but i spend about 25k on transport (its on the island while i stay on the mainland)..

Recently, i learnt graphics design, web development, video amimation and got certified in digital marketing (online course) which i am yet to perfect.
I know that the other skills (grapjics design, animation) will be needed in digital marketing and before i can get a digital marketing job, i'd need to have some experiences, most companies say atleast 1yr..

Now my confusion is should i seek to volunteer (which i may not be paid) as a digital marketer in a company to get experience which would mean i will have to leave my current job which is sustaining me or i leave the job first, focus on shoemaking and also seek to volunteer for digital marketing.

Note that my shoemaking craft can't sustain me for now as i am still kinda new, don't have much customers yet.

Please help
. Sorry to ask ooo
My own is where do u learn all these skills and how much?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Online Weekend Power BI, Tableau And Qlikview Courses / How To Master Self Discipline To Help You Achieve Your Goals / Five Things You Should Never Say To Your Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.