Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! (14820 Views)

House, I Am Confused / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by webizone(m): 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
Guys, I need your advice. I am very confused right now.
I am 33, single and graduated as an electronics engineer since 2012.
From my nysc days, I decided I never wanted to be a job seeker, I would rather be in business. I did do some interviews, got reinvited but not successful in securing the jobs.
So I went to understudy a phone accessories business in Lagos, spent six months doing that and started the biz. It wasn't successful as I wasn't getting the volume of business I needed to make it work.
I left Lagos and moved to Kaduna to join in a door sales business (family biz).
I even got a shop of my own which I have managed since 2018.
It wasn't easy at all. I kept struggling to pay rent for both my shop and house. But somehow I managed.
Fast forward to now, I am under pressure to succeed ( both family pressure and myself as I am not getting younger and need to settle down).
A friend who's done quite well for himself came on a visit and told me that I should decide to leave Kaduna and come to Lagos (I was like, again?)
He's into ladies' handbags. He told me of his brother who he trained and sent him off with 500k. He told me about how successful he was, that he was married and pays the rent of both house and shop (which if I can remember was just above a million altogether).
I would have to live in with a friend of his and wife who has apprentices already.

Side note: the handbags biz would be importation which would take rather long to land in Nigeria coupled with how inflation affects our currency while you are trying to replenish your stock.
The doors business we kinda arbitrage our purchases from different suppliers and we get our stock from anywhere in the country within at most 2~3 days.

So, I am confused. Should I go after the offer in order to improve my situation or remain where I am, keep at it and hoping I would get better, possibly inheriting the legacy of the business?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Goldbw122(m): 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
The future is unpredictable, so what I will say is that, if there is still time you know, you can actually go back to Lagos to start with the business your friend, suggested if there is still time like if you are younger but if you are older just stick to your own business and try to make it through business is not easy it takes struggles, when you have your own business the way you are doing now, it will really bring your own self confidence to the top(entrepreneur) so in business there are ups and down, so that is why you shouldn't get jealous of your friend, who are doing business and you know. So you just have to be patient, a little bit.
Yes, we know that the economy is affecting. everything in Nigeria, so you just have to wait, just know that you have to invest your money somewhere like part of the game, you can invest in other lucrative business, serious business, so you can use the find in the other business to back up your current business that you are doing, that will eventually boost your business plan and and more business leads to what you're having, you know you should think of multi-business like if you are doing, or phone accessories repairing of phones, you should be thinking of getting into spare parts and importing of goods. when you have money and ideas, come together, you can be able to flourish in any business that you are doing so that is how it is, but if there is still time you can go to Lagos to make sure that you learn about the bag importation and sales and all that, just took to the one that you are doing for me to remember business is up and down so that is how the games goes... remember time is one of the major factor..

9 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by EzegeNdiigbo: 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
Go Lag joor
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by CodedWealth(m): 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
2face once said.

Na only u know watin go favor you.

With what you narrated, it be a bit difficult to advice you.

8 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by bestabigaelever(f): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Stay in kaduna and be doing what you are doing
Take your business online, do some adverts
As for bags importation, it's not necessary you come to Lagos, order for your goods and post online
I wouldn't advice you to come stay with a friend that is married,NO!
I can teach you importation for Free if you are interested

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by webizone(m): 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
Goldbw122:
The future is unpredictable, so what I will say is that, if there is still time you know, you can actually go back to Lagos to start with the business your friend, suggested if there is still time like if you are younger but if you are older just stick to your own business and try to make it through business is not easy it takes struggles, when you have your own business the way you are doing now, it will really bring your own self confidence to the top(entrepreneur) so in business there are ups and down, so that is why you shouldn't get jealous of your friend, who are doing business and you know. So you just have to be patient, a little bit.
Yes, we know that the economy is affecting. everything in Nigeria, so you just have to wait, just know that you have to invest your money somewhere like part of the game, you can invest in other lucrative business, serious business, so you can use the find in the other business to back up your current business that you are doing, that will eventually boost your business plan and and more business leads to what you're having, you know you should think of multi-business like if you are doing, or phone accessories repairing of phones, you should be thinking of getting into spare parts and importing of goods. when you have money and ideas, come together, you can be able to flourish in any business that you are doing so that is how it is, but if there is still time you can go to Lagos to make sure that you learn about the bag importation and sales and all that, just took to the one that you are doing for me to remember business is up and down so that is how the games goes... remember time is one of the major factor..
I am 33. Is there time?

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by webizone(m): 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:
Go Lag joor

Your reasons?
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by webizone(m): 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
bestabigaelever:
Stay in kaduna and be doing what you are doing
Take your business online, do some adverts
As for bags importation, it's not necessary you come to Lagos, order for your goods and post online
I wouldn't advice you to come stay with a friend that is married,NO!
I can teach you importation for Free if you are interested

What I learnt in doors business, online no dey favour am. People who buy doors will want to come, feel and even lift what they are buying. Trust me, I tried. It's only good for a shout-out like, "hey everyone, if you are close to my location, and need doors you can call ...... and come to check my store." But if na fashion stuff, yeah, online is the bomb.
I think I will take you up on your offer to teach me what you know. Every bit helps.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by bestabigaelever(f): 8:44am On Apr 23, 2021
webizone:

What I learnt in doors business, online no dey favour am. People who buy doors will want to come, feel and even lift what they are buying. Trust me, I tried. It's only good for a shout-out like, "hey everyone, if you are close to my location, and need doors you can call ...... and come to check my store." But if na fashion stuff, yeah, online is the bomb.
I think I will take you up on your offer to teach me what you know. Every bit helps.
Online no dey favour doors? No, I disagree
During the lockdown, I was learning alluminium fabrication, doors, windows and all that, I suggested for that my boss do online advert, he told me he later did it and the turnout was great, I have friend who is into furniture and carpentry works, most of his clients are from north and east through adverts but then whatever works for you
PM me when you are ready for importation

3 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Alejobs: 11:52am On Apr 23, 2021
I will recommend you add another business portfolio. Don't be afraid to start all over, there is a new lesson waiting to be learnt. Go to Lagos to learn and you can return to kd to do the business. Electricity is always a challenge and i am always happy to be part of the solution to that. Do you need an mps? Mobile Power solution for laptop, led tv and decoder, light bulb, fan, Phones e.t.c fully assembled by Nigerian for Nigeria for the last five years and still waxing stronger. 50k for 100,000mah guaranteed to power you pc for more than 10 hours. 75k for 180,000mah guaranteed to power pc for more than 18hours. All are built with brand new liFePo4 battery.

2 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by thatsleepboy1: 11:52am On Apr 23, 2021
Brother go for prayers first and seek the face of God first. NL pastors and deacons can help you through. contact them.

3 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by merits(m): 11:52am On Apr 23, 2021
Fasting and prayer, dedicate some fasting and prayer for yourself.and thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by 9jayes: 11:52am On Apr 23, 2021
If the life has a manual now I would have advised you to read the manual but as manual no dey just dey folo ur heart
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by AsapTeddy(m): 11:53am On Apr 23, 2021
chai buhari has ruined so many destinies

2015. Say Baba

2019: Kai Baba

2023: Chai Baba

8 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by dangotesmummy: 11:53am On Apr 23, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by RedDesQ: 11:54am On Apr 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by sevo(m): 11:54am On Apr 23, 2021
Mirabel042:
Yes, It is possible to earn 500K or more on monthly basis. If you have not achieved it yet, You are invited to join Professional Partners Hub. Read about the hub here at https://econofrica.com.ng/2021/04/22/professional-partners-hub-your-link-to-financial-stability/ . You are the boss!

Na them be this

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by mrkings84(m): 11:54am On Apr 23, 2021
What?
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Matheusmartin: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2021
I'm totally against u going and staying with you friend's friend that is even married..

U can be doing the importation business alongside your door business, there in Kaduna.. Can't u??
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by AsapTeddy(m): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Brother go for prayers first and seek the face of God first. NL pastors and deacons can help you through. contact them.

NONSENSE.

OP RUNAWAY FROM PEOPLE LIKE THIS.

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Jessicaos(f): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by ozark(m): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2021
No hurry in life

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by BlessedNuel: 11:56am On Apr 23, 2021
This matter get as e be....Ladies bags are quite expensive and the demand is on a high side but no be everything wey dey glitter be gold.

Wetin favour Mr. A might not favour Mr. B

Anyone wey you wan do...I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Deydontknow(m): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2021
If you have to get back to Lagos, it means starting over. I'm telling you from experience better stay in KD and focus on your business, never forget the days of little beginning.

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Enudapan: 11:56am On Apr 23, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

If am not mistaking
That is the Igbo apprentice program
(Although I thought,it is been done only on spare parts business)
Op go for it, nah that one the pay pass
They would teach you and pay you off
All you just have to do is to be humble as those guys are always proud.
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by edimalo(m): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2021
I would have to live in with a friend of his and wife who has apprentices already

will this be easy for months.
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by thatsleepboy1: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2021
AsapTeddy:

NONSENSE.

OP RUNAWAY FROM PEOPLE LIKE THIS.

Don't be a pholish human being. I know prayers I've received from pple here on NL that changed my life and I know what I'm talking about whenever I saw s/one should contact them.
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by ictjobber: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2021
I Thank God for my life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Planning To Resign From Current Job / Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat / Breaking: Lagos State Government Approves Consultancy Cadre For Pharmacists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.