Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township (649 Views)

Grow A Very Long Healthy Hair With Just 3 Cheap Ingredients. / South Africa Plans Mass Township Evacuations - Covid19 / Food: Making The Right Choice Can Keep You Away From The Doctor For A Very Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by TMKsouth: 4:42pm On May 02, 2020
On Saturday the South African government again initiated a food relief program in Centurion(Pretoria) to assist more than 30 000 residents suffering under the COVID-19 lockdown restrictions.

The week-long initiative saw thousands of local residents collect food, some with wheelbarrows, and culminated on Saturday 2 May when videos of the gathering went viral on social media for all the wrong reasons.

While social distancing restrictions were not adhered to initially – by people who haven’t had a decent meal in days – the matter has since been resolved. A government official spoke to reporters at the scene.

He added that confusion was created because some residents believe today was the last opportunity to collect food parcels. However, that is not the case.

The government will also put mechanisms in place to release a 350 rands grant (7000 naira) into bank accounts.

“That’s the only way to ensure that people get money to buy food. In the absence of that, people believe that the only out of poverty is food parcels. But you can’t sacrifice the country and the health of our people for food parcels. We need to find a mechanism to balance the two".

The official confirmed that the situation is under control and the residents who gathered at the school were taken to classrooms to adhere to social distancing rules while they are screened and sanitised.

Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by TMKsouth: 4:43pm On May 02, 2020

Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by Olachase(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2020
blood of Noah na line long reach like this, can we just sell this earth on OLX.
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by Lionessza6(f): 4:51pm On May 02, 2020
So you are not going to tell the full story about this long queue; that most of the people there are illegal immigrants & that the initiative was the brain child of private individuals& not the government of SA? grin.

1 Like

Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by Twinkletwin: 4:52pm On May 02, 2020
This hunger is real
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by TMKsouth: 5:03pm On May 02, 2020

Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by TMKsouth: 5:05pm On May 02, 2020
Lionessza6:
So you are not going to tell the full story about this long queue; that most of the people there are illegal immigrants & that the initiative was the brain child of private individuals& not the government of SA? grin.

See how Nigerians are sympathetic with the people in the pictures. You - a South African - are trolling instead. undecided
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by Lionessza6(f): 5:17pm On May 02, 2020
TMKsouth:

See how Nigerians are sympathetic with the people in the pictures. You - a South African - are trolling instead. undecided

LMFAO, so I should fry beans?. Am I trolling by bringing in important facts that you might have forgotten * to add in your breaking news*** grin.

This is not a government initiative ,and these aren't south African citizens or legal immigrants, that is a fact. Anyone who wants to verify my * claim can check it out on YouTube or view this on lord **Peter Haines Twitter handle. Stop telling half truths about SA.

1 Like

Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by HarunaWest(m): 5:28pm On May 02, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, so I should fry beans?. Am I trolling by bringing in a little facts that you might have forgotten * to add in your breaking news*** grin.

This is not a government initiative ,and these aren't south African citizens or legal immigrants, that is a fact. Anyone who wants to verify can check it out on YouTube or view this on lord Peter Haines Twitter handle. Stop telling half truths about SA.
Can such activity take place without government consent?
Get off your high horse mehn, people are dying of COVID out there and you're here trading banters.

1 Like

Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by Lionessza6(f): 5:35pm On May 02, 2020
HarunaWest:

Can such activity take place without government consent?
Get off your high horse mehn, people are dying of COVID out there and you're here trading banters.

You are talking about consent, I'm talking about this being branded a government initiative ( which it isn't). So because people are dying that means we must stop discussing other issues? cheesy if so ,then why quote me insteading of worrying about the dying people in peace ?

This is a good initiative & a lot of people were assisted. But the government of SA did not do this, it was a private initiative. Kill yourself if you dont wand that corrected cheesy.
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by TMKsouth: 6:10pm On May 02, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, so I should fry beans?. Am I trolling by bringing in a little facts that you might have forgotten * to add in your breaking news*** grin.

This is not a government initiative ,and these aren't south African citizens or legal immigrants, that is a fact. Anyone who wants to verify can check it out on YouTube or view this on lord Peter Haines Twitter handle. Stop telling half truths about SA.

The SA government has already said it will assist all people irrespective of nationality, so what are u objecting about? Even if it's Peter Haines' project, does it take from the fact that govt has helped millions more? Is Peter Haines going to deposit R350 to millions of unemployed people or is that what the govt promised? So WHAT'S YOUR OBJECTION really to this thread?
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by Lionessza6(f): 6:18pm On May 02, 2020
TMKsouth:

The SA government has already said it will assist all people irrespective of nationality, so what are u objecting about? Even if it's Peter Haines' project, does it take from the fact that govt has helped millions more? Is Peter Haines going to deposit R350 to millions of unemployed people or is that what the govt promised? So WHAT'S YOUR OBJECTION really to this thread?

1 ...those people are not South African people .
2. Haine started that project to undermine the same government ( but we are grateful to him grin).
3. That R350 will be going to SA citizens ,refugees with papers & legal immigrants not the illegals in that queue.
( & I will celebrate it once I get reports that atleast half a million people have recieved it ) cheesy.
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by TMKsouth: 6:35pm On May 02, 2020
Lionessza6:

1 ...those people are not South African people .
2. Haine started that project to undermine the same government ( but we are grateful to him grin).
3. That R350 will be going to SA citizens ,refugees with papers & legal immigrants not the illegals in that queue.
( & I will celebrate it once I get reports that atleast half a million people have recieved) cheesy.

1. The thread is titled "in one SA township", not "South Africans queue up".

2. Him trying to undermine the govt is a futile exercise as SA is receiving universal praise for handling this crisis - with all the shortfalls.

3. Where the government cannot provide NGOs and civil society are more than welcome to pitch in.

(The unemployment grant payments will indeed be paid out because the money is there. It has been redirected from other departments such as education and sports, which are not operational at the moment)./l
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by Lionessza6(f): 6:53pm On May 02, 2020
TMKsouth:

1. The thread is titled "in one SA township", not "South Africans queue up".

2. Him trying to undermine the govt is a futile exercise as SA is receiving universal praise for handling this crisis - with all the shortfalls.

3. Where the government cannot provide NGOs and civil society are more than welcome to pitch in.

(The unemployment grant payments will indeed be paid out because the money is there. It has been redirected from other departments such as education and sports, which are not operational at the moment)./l

1.This is a forum filled with Nigerians & their love of South Africans wink. You knew very well that they would automatically assume those are the " lazy " south Africans. You know very well who townships are associated with here.

You should be happy I helped you out ( if you didn't have sinister motives ).

2. I'm not talking about the empty praises, I was referring to the fact that Haine & his British idiotic friends are on a mission to " expose " " discrimination of migrants " in SA.

3.im not against that ,but lets not mix things up.

Good. Many people need it,& like I said some of us will clap hands when it actually happens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by TMKsouth: 7:08pm On May 02, 2020
Lionessza6:

1.This is a forum filled with Nigerians & their love of South Africans wink. You knew very well that they would automatically assume those are the " lazy " south Africans. You know very well who townships are associated with here.

You should be happy I helped you out ( if you didn't have sinister motives ).

Points 1 - 4 Fair enough.

Point 1 - no one should be trying to discredit others during this pandemic. Every country is handing out palliatives and economic inequalities are being exposed everywhere. Yes, illegal immigrants are unfortunately being hung out to dry because they initially broke the law.

Anyone whoever pulls that lazy South Africans card here will unfortunately have to deal with u, I will pull out the couch and popcorn grin grin
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by Lionessza6(f): 7:18pm On May 02, 2020
TMKsouth:

Anyone who pulls that lazy South Africans card here will unfortunately have to deal with u, I will pull out the couch and popcorn grin grin

No buddy, I'm well aware why you are here spreading half baked news and pure lies,so I wont be defending anything. I'm just going to help you expose your sinister plan wink, and who you really are wink.
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by TMKsouth: 7:28pm On May 02, 2020
Lionessza6:

No buddy, I'm well aware why you are here spreading half baked news and pure lies,so I wont be defending anything. I'm just going to help you expose your sinister plan wink, and who you really are wink.

A stratcom agent?
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by Lionessza6(f): 5:56am On May 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

A stratcom agent?

Is that what you are called ?.
Re: See VERY LONG Queues For Food Parcels In One SA Township by trifonov: 9:22am On May 07, 2020
Olachase:
blood of Noah na line long reach like this, can we just sell this earth on OLX.

olx became JIji smiley Jiji acquired olx

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Discrepancy Between Figures On NCDC Website And Their Twitter Account / Covid-19: 10 African Countries With The Highest & Lowest Cases (screenshots) / Residents Panic As Rivers State Council Chairman Dies Of COVID-19 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.