Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,706 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? (929 Views)

Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian / Muslim-Muslim ticket: I am proud of my role in stopping Tinubu –Saraki / PDP Governors React To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate And Proud Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by sacredsaint(m): 3:45am On May 03, 2020
Convincing Nigerians to see the positive sides of our society is not an easy task, mainly due to the negatives that are easily noticeable around us. It is very easy to see how bad things really are, infact, it seems almost impossible to see the positive in our society nowadays that is mainly dominated by negative scenarios .
You wouldn't have to look farther in this country to see how poor the citizens are, the corruption-driven mindset of each individual and the government at large, massive unemployment, prostitution, online and offline professional scammers, kidnappings, neglect of human lifes just to mention a few. But I am of the opinion that even with all these scenarios, there are some noticeable positive things happening around us.
From our culture, our values and religions, our diversity, our languages, our music and arts in general, our dress pattern (culture also), our beautiful ladies and 'gentle' men , our hardworking youth population, our food(Nigerian Jollof can be so sweet ) just to name a few. Nigerians are very funny and lively too.
I believe it's time we start selling the narratives of how good our country is and how lovely it can be when we live in unity. Nigeria and its citizens has so much good to offer and until we set out minds to see the positives, we would only remain underwhelmed and defeated by the negatives of our society. Just as the popular saying, Nigeria, good people, great nation.

So what are you proud of as a Nigerian?
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 3:57am On May 03, 2020
I am proud to be a nigerian
am proud of our culture, beauty,resources and great minds like chinua achebe, wole soyinka e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 4:19am On May 03, 2020
Honestly, I have no idea.

4 Likes

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by willyo(m): 4:41am On May 03, 2020
Sincerely, its life only

1 Like

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by SoNature(m): 5:40am On May 03, 2020
Do you want to know what I think? well, Nigeria shames me, especially when I think of our corrupt and visionless politicians

7 Likes

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Boydehot: 5:44am On May 03, 2020
Proud kwa.how can you be proud of something you never benefited from?

5 Likes

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by skyhadi16(m): 5:51am On May 03, 2020
Honestly, am proud of my fellow Nigerians on the street, whom in as much as the government fail them, they still keep their heads high, surviving against all odd. ThumbsUp guys.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by 2by40ft: 5:54am On May 03, 2020
Boydehot:
Proud kwa.how can you be proud of something you never benefited from?
This life is not all about taking.
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:58am On May 03, 2020
I'm proud of the fact that I can leave.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by bilulu(m): 5:59am On May 03, 2020
Urinating anywhere you want and anytime..... until you travel out before you will know that's one of our dividend of democracy.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by chriskosherbal(m): 6:04am On May 03, 2020
bilulu:
Urinating anywhere you want and anytime..... until you travel out before you will know that's one of our dividend of democracy.
grin
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by illicit(m): 7:14am On May 03, 2020
am proud to have witness military junta and civilian regimes, something Americans can only imagine. cheesy
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by helinues: 7:16am On May 03, 2020
shocked

Proud because we are unique being.

If 10 different foreigners are living in an area, people will first to know about the Nigerian before knowing other citizens
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Chikelue2000(m): 8:09am On May 03, 2020
I am not proud of anything...infact am even tired of dis country.....ain't we one Nigeria?....ain't there federal codes for public offices?....now all states got certain amount of trucks from NEMA....when it was Kano, d story was different....appointments were one sided during Buharis regime; sack or retire a southerner, replaces him/her with a northerner, sack or retire a northerner?....u know d answer....

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Chikelue2000(m): 8:14am On May 03, 2020
Nigerians in South Africa were attacked via xenophobia.....what did Bubu n his government do?.....fast forward that to Nigerian lady arrested in Saudi Arabia for drug smuggling but later found innocent....see how federal government were so quick to intervene.....dis government only favours d north....I pray 2mo we have a southerner who does same n may Amadioha thunder anyone who cares complain from d north

1 Like

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Staro: 8:20am On May 03, 2020
Nothing
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:50am On May 03, 2020
Yes we are proud of the corruption in government!

We are proud to be a citizen of a country without the effect of a president

We are proud that ACCESS BANK has laid off 75% of their workers and closing over 300 branches and the government will not do anything

We are proud that we have been seeing little or no palliatives

We are proud that this current government favours a tribe over another

So what exactly should we be proud about, maybe the North/politicians are shall undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:57am On May 03, 2020
There is nothing to be proud of in Nigeria, it is the Giant of Corruption, a Limited PLC that has been sold to the highest bidder and a country ruled by a few Demonic Elites who wanted Nigerias independence to enrich themesleves and their generations yet unborn

However Abroad, apart from the useless Yahoo boys/girls who are tarnishing the image of Nigeria even further, Nigerians are one of the most educated in the world and are very hard-working and industrious which leads me to believe that if Nigeria was a functioning state that cared for and provided for it's citizens, Nigeria would be one of the best countries in the world.
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by AdaoraNK(f): 9:06am On May 03, 2020
Since we are different nations put together as a country, there must be equity and fairness before you can be proud of the country.
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by ahaz: 9:12am On May 03, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
I am proud to be a nigerian
am proud of our culture, beauty,resources and great minds like chinua achebe, wole soyinka e.t.c
you don't have what to say
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by ahaz: 9:15am On May 03, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Yes we are proud of the corruption in government!

We are proud to be a citizen of a country without the effect of a president

We are proud that ACCESS BANK has laid off 75% of their workers and closing over 300 branches and the government will not do anything

We are proud that we have been seeing little or no palliatives

We are proud that this current government favours a tribe over another

So what exactly should we be proud about, maybe the North/politicians are shall undecided
welcome to Nigeria ..the most useless country in the world, thanks to the fulanis

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by sacredsaint(m): 9:17am On May 03, 2020
bilulu:

Lol, he said dividend of democracy grin grin
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by ahaz: 9:17am On May 03, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
There is nothing to be proud of in Nigeria, it is the Giant of Corruption, a Limited PLC that has been sold to the highest bidder and a country ruled by a few Demonic Elites who wanted Nigerias independence to enrich themesleves and their generations yet unborn

However Abroad, apart from the useless Yahoo boys/girls who are tarnishing the image of Nigeria even further, Nigerians are one of the most educated in the world and are very hard-working and industrious which leads me to believe that if Nigeria was a functioning state that cared for and provided for it's citizens, Nigeria would be one of the best countries in the world.
you all can not identify one thing you are proud of about Nigeria...yet you call people an ipob member names for surpirting KANU.. who is the biggest fool now
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:19am On May 03, 2020
ahaz:
you all can not identify one thing you are proud of about Nigeria...yet you call people an ipob member names for surpirting KANU.. who is the biggest fool now

Incoherent nonsense. We do not need another IBO thug pretending to be a liberator, we had one before in the form of Nnamdi Azikiwe and we know how that went, he enriched himself and his generations yet unborn.
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by sacredsaint(m): 9:21am On May 03, 2020
illicit:
am proud to have witness military junta and civilian regimes, something Americans can only imagine. cheesy

I can only imagine what those times of military regimes felt like, there wasn't much freedom for the people then I guess but the government must have been a little bit less corrupt.
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 10:14am On May 03, 2020
ahaz:
you don't have what to say
Thanks bro
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by Grace001: 10:23am On May 03, 2020
Nothing
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by orisa37: 11:22am On May 03, 2020
THAT COMMON FLIES CAN VERY EASILY PLAY CORONAVIRUS ON OUR ELITES AND TRADITIONAL RULERS ANYHOW.
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by orisa37: 11:36am On May 03, 2020
BY OUR TRIANGULAR NATURE, WE ARE SO EASILY MANIPULATED BY OUTSIDERS . NOW WE ARE THREE LARGE ONES. THAT'S WHY IT'S EASY TO GET US. MAKE US TO 36 POWERFUL ONES, NIGERIA WILL BE A FORCE THAT'S NOT EASY TO TAKE FOR GRANTED.
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by bilulu(m): 12:50pm On May 03, 2020
sacredsaint:

Lol, he said dividend of democracy grin grin
You won't understand if you haven't stepped out of that country. You can't even step out of your car to pee. You go hold am till you reach house or restaurant. Piss hold me one day I run enter person shop, the lady was just looking at me like "whis this one sef"
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by lagdmark(m): 1:11pm On May 03, 2020
SoNature:
Do you want to know what I think? well, Nigeria shames me, especially when I think of our corrupt and visionless politicians
The citizens make up the leadership. What is the attitude of Nigerians in that culture, stop blaming the leaders only.
Re: What Are You Proud Of As A Nigerian? by ejanla077: 7:32pm On May 03, 2020
Proud that i am Igbo dats all

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Majek Fashek Is Dead, Manager Confirms / BREAKING: Names of APC Reconciliation Committee members for Edo, Ondo [FULL LIST / Osita Chidioka Accused of using Nairaland's Pics Of Projects Done As Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.