Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian (24612 Views)

A Day that Ought to be Great, Happy Independence Day Still / Nigeria At 60: We Are Not Where We Ought To Be - Governor Abubakar Sani Bello / Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by obembet(f): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
The negativity some Nigerians are displaying on our 63rd Independence Anniversary is symptomatic of our short memories and inability to control our mouths away from negativity.

Look at them saying Nigeria has achieved nothing in 63 years. Maybe you have achieved nothing, but Nigeria has achieved much. Please fact-check me as I list things that ought to make you proud as a Nigerian.

1. On October 1, 1960, South Africa was the biggest economy in Africa. Their economy was twice ours. Today, 63 years later, Nigeria's economy is the largest in Africa.

2. On October 1, 1960, Nigeria had just two universities. Now, we have almost a hundred.

3. Life expectancy in Nigeria was 36.73 years on October 1, 1960. Today, October 1, 2023, it is now 55.75. An additional 20 years has been added to the lifespan of the average Nigerian.

4. On October 1, 1960, we had no major oil refinery in our nation. Today, we have multiple, including the largest single-train refinery on Earth.

5. On October 1, 1960, no Nigerians were included among the 100 wealthiest people on Earth. Today, we have Nigerians on that list.

6. At Independence, we had no film industry. Today, our film industry, Nollywood, is the world's third largest.

If the above are what you consider "nothing", then you are part of Nigeria's problem, as an enemy of progress, and excluded from the solution.

Granted, your party and candidate may not have won the #NigerianElections2023, but this is our Independence Day. For this one day in a year, can you kindly put Nigeria first and everything else, including party, region, and religion, last?

Happy 63rd Independence Anniversary to all Nigerians. May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and may God bless you and your families. In Yeshua's Name.
Source: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1708411118300155995?t=V4VKTz0_tip4gc-s6RulYA&s=19

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala

80 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by xynerise: 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2023
Why didn't you bold No.4? grin

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Alchemy528: 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2023
🌚😶
Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by xynerise: 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2023
In all of these, suffering increased. So it's not an achievement

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by FreeStuffsNG: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
obembet:
The negativity some Nigerians are displaying on our 63rd Independence Anniversary is symptomatic of our short memories and inability to control our mouths away from negativity.

Look at them saying Nigeria has achieved nothing in 63 years. Maybe you have achieved nothing, but Nigeria has achieved much. Please fact-check me as I list things that ought to make you proud as a Nigerian.

1. On October 1, 1960, South Africa was the biggest economy in Africa. Their economy was twice ours. Today, 63 years later, Nigeria's economy is the largest in Africa.

2. On October 1, 1960, Nigeria had just two universities. Now, we have almost a hundred.

3. Life expectancy in Nigeria was 36.73 years on October 1, 1960. Today, October 1, 2023, it is now 55.75. An additional 20 years has been added to the lifespan of the average Nigerian.

4. On October 1, 1960, we had no major oil refinery in our nation. Today, we have multiple, including the largest single-train refinery on Earth.

5. On October 1, 1960, no Nigerians were included among the 100 wealthiest people on Earth. Today, we have Nigerians on that list.

6. At Independence, we had no film industry. Today, our film industry, Nollywood, is the world's third largest.

If the above are what you consider "nothing", then you are part of Nigeria's problem, as an enemy of progress, and excluded from the solution.

Granted, your party and candidate may not have won the #NigerianElections2023, but this is our Independence Day. For this one day in a year, can you kindly put Nigeria first and everything else, including party, region, and religion, last?

Happy 63rd Independence Anniversary to all Nigerians. May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and may God bless you and your families. In Yeshua's Name.

Source: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1708411118300155995?t=V4VKTz0_tip4gc-s6RulYA&s=19

I am very happy and tremendously proud to be a Patriotic Nigerian!

God bless Nigeria my fatherland for ever! All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.

Happy Independence Day celebrations to every patriotic Nigerian and lovers of Nigeria. May all our living and departed Heroes and Heroines continue to inspire us. Check my signature for free stuffs!

obembet:

God bless u and your family
Amin! Adupe, Na go de, Useni, obulu ma, daalu.
May God bless you and your family too ma.

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Chimarto: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
He is doing notice me maybe small appointment go reach am 😂🤣😂😅 uncle rest small

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by obembet(f): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

God bless Nigeria for ever!

God bless u and your family

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by slivertongue: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
revisionists and a play ground historian.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by mrvitalis(m): 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2023
Lol 😂😂😂 some people sha have very low standarded

While this one dey find appointment

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by obembet(f): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
No matter how ur hatred to your leaders, never curse your nation. If you curse or hate your nation, u hate your self

Remember to say a word of prayer to your nation.

God bless Nigeria

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Curse777: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2023
cool

Life in Nigeria is easy and fair

Travel abroad to pay bill and you see why lazy Yamree people turn to prostitution and drugs

*When you pay rent weekly or monthly, you can end up on the street homeless any fvcking time

*When a cab meter starts reading at 3000 naira per kilometer with vat and tolls charged on you

You start walking

Or

Get a bicycle

Your income is taxed 30% by Fed, Local tax and VAT is going to kick your nut sac

Last Last, many want to make money abroad and retire back to Nigeria as paradise lavida loca

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Dpen11(f): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
Are things going to change?
Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by JasonScoolari: 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
Once upon a time, Reno did this to your favorite. grin

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Guyman01: 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2023
Yawns, my kids can't even drink rich tea and bread because we are now managing 12g Milo and Peak satchets which used to be 50g.
I remember how we used to pilfer NAN Baby Milk 🍼 when our mum was nursing our younger ones, now even Akamu pap is no longer affordable

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Hohaiiiode(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
Na only God know the kind suffer Reno omokiri suffer for abroad all this time he wasn’t able to return to Nigeria. It re configured his brain so much that he will never dream of going back to stay soon. He is doing everything to keep the peace, which is good.
The fact is, as someone who live outside the shores of Nigeria and see what civilization is and good governance, it is really hard to be proud of our dear country. But we have no other. We can do better and perhaps one day, we will so we hope and pray. We can all do play our part.

16 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by magoo10(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
Make Dem pity this man allow am come back,he has been on exile for more than 8years now
justiceforrenoomokri grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Fejoku: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
obembet:
No matter how ur hatred to your leaders, never curse your nation. If you curse or hate your nation, u hate your self

Remember to say a word of prayer to your nation.

God bless Nigeria

Nlfpmod
It is a great hypocrisy to claim you love a country but pay deaf ear to the mindless killings of her citizens. Tens of thousands have been slaughtered in Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Benue and many other North Central states and we all know the killers. What have you done to stop those killings? NOTHING. Tens of thousands have been displaced from their homes and ancestral lands and are left languishing in camps while their Invaders have occupied their lands and renamed them. Your government know about it and nothing is done about it yet you expect such victims to be proud of Nigeria.
Protesters are shot to kill instead of dialoguing with them yet you expect patriotism from them. It's either you're totally out of touch with reality or you're just plainly moronic.
Millions are starving in Nigeria without any hope of a better and you can see it but some how, you expect them to be patriotic even when they see the wealth of the land plundered by a few who happen to be your benefactors.
One day, the starving millions will march of your type first before facing the useless army doing the bidding of the heartless politicians.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by RenaissanceGuy: 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
Only if a bag of rice was still still selling for less than ₦10K instead of the current ₦38K+. Only if a liter of vegetable oil was still selling for ₦400 instead of the ₦2000 it's selling for now. These were the prices pre-2015 not even 30 years ago or thereabouts.

To really comprehend how bad APC, especially Buhari, has taken us into the ditch, a sachet of water sold for ₦5 (or N50 per bag) for more than 15 years, but when APC came, its price jumped to N10 within months and then N20 (or N250 per bag), which is still its current price. That's 500%!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Ofunaofu: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Once upon a time, Reno did this to your favorite. grin

And this too grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by JasonScoolari: 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ofunaofu:

And this too grin
grin

Make Agbado miscreants dey support the anywhere belle face Reno, he go soon show them his snake moves. 😂😂

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Cooletempa: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2023
obembet:

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala

Good talk Reno.

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by obembet(f): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2023
Fejoku:

It is a great hypocrisy to claim you love a country but pay deaf ear to the mindless killings of her citizens. Tens of thousands have been slaughtered in Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Benue and many other North Central states and we all know the killers. What have you done to stop those killings? NOTHING. Tens of thousands have been displaced from their homes and ancestral lands and are left languishing in camps while their Invaders have occupied their lands and renamed them. Your government know about it and nothing is done about it yet you expect such victims to be proud of Nigeria.
Protesters are shot to kill instead of dialoguing with them yet you expect patriotism from them. It's either you're totally out of touch with reality or you're just plainly moronic.
Millions are starving in Nigeria without any hope of a better and you can see it but some how, you expect them to be patriotic even when they see the wealth of the land plundered by a few who happen to be your benefactors.
One day, the starving millions will march of your type first before facing the useless army doing the bidding of the heartless politicians.

So what you are saying now is that I show Lay curse on my nation cos we have bad leaders?

Am not happy with situation of Nigeria and that wil not make me curse my nation.

There are several killing in America heavy flood in New York city yet American keep praying for their country.

So i just take it as if I don't have leader and I will keep wishing my country well and also do my part as a good citizen

7 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Fejoku: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2023
obembet:

So what you are saying now is that I show Lau curse on my nation cos we have bad leaders?

Am not happy with situation of Nigeria and that wil not make me curse my nation.

There are several killing in America heavy flood in New York city yet American keep praying for their country.

So i just take it as if I don't have leader and I will keep wishing my country well and also do my part as a good citizen

Nlfpmod Seun mynd44 Lalasticlala
I can see you're out of touch with the reality of Nigeria. I leave you to your state.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by garriAndsugar: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2023
obembet:

So what you are saying now is that I show Lau curse on my nation cos we have bad leaders?

Nlfpmod Seun mynd44 Lalasticlala
lovely statement. small small sense don dey enter your head

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by 2blessed01(m): 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2023
W
Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Omobude244: 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
obembet:

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala
Reno is useless as always

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by ellizy(m): 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
Chimarto:
He is doing notice me maybe small appointment go reach am 😂🤣😂😅 uncle rest small
You get the jerk man

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Tenumootito: 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nepotism, hatred and tribal bigotry won't allow them see the progress. Nigeria will be great, God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian by Nyanabo(m): 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
Diarrhoea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu To Gani Adams: Amotekun, Get Your Facts Right / Pics Of NEMA Officials Evacuating Corpses In Today's Suicide Bomb Blast In Borno / Governor Ganduje: Abolish Herdsmen Movement From North To South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.