Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Questions For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Christians (479 Views)

Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 8:39am On May 03, 2020
Good morning my christian brothers and sisters. Please I need answers to the following questions.
my questions would be taken from the book of Genesis.

Genesis. 3:14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:
"Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life".

Questions:
1. Snake feed on rodents and not dust. Why?
2. Earthworm go on belly. Why? Because earthworm never offended God.
3. If it was Satan who passed through a snake to deceived Eve, why is snake punished to go on belly and eat dust instead of Satan?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 8:42am On May 03, 2020
lalasticlala this is snake thread do the needful

Re: Questions For Christians by ghettokid1(m): 8:47am On May 03, 2020
Let me go & ask lala, since its all about snake

Re: Questions For Christians by ikh777: 8:57am On May 03, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Good morning my christian brothers and sisters. Please I need answers to the following questions.
my questions would be taken from the book of Genesis.

Genesis. 3:14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:
"Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life".

Questions:
1. Snake feed on rodents and not dust. Why?
2. Earthworm go on belly. Why? Because earthworm never offended God.
3. If it was Satan who passed through a snake to deceived Eve, why is snake punished to go on belly and eat dust instead of Satan?

The first verse already showed that the serpent by itself was naturally more cunning than any of God's own creation, so it had to be punished. Because it was more cunning, it was easy for Satan to use its nature against man. So both had to be punished.

Snakes feed on rodents not dust... I believe the DUST that God was referring to was not physical dust but MAN THAT WAS MADE OF DUST.

earthworm by their name you should have know they are meant to be worms of the earth... so you should not have asked this.
Re: Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 9:06am On May 03, 2020
ikh777:

The first verse already showed that the serpent by itself was naturally more cunning than any of God's own creation, so it had to be punished. Because it was more cunning, it was easy for Satan to use its nature against man. So both had to be punished.

Snakes feed on rodents not dust... I believe the DUST that God was referring to was not physical dust but MAN THAT WAS MADE OF DUST.

earthworm by their name you should have know they are meant to be worms of the earth... so you should not have asked this.
The Bible only stated that God created man with dust of the earth. So if snake feeds on man we can say that snake feeds on dust.
Now, snake feeds on eggs, rats, frogs etc. Where all these animal created with dust? if yes, what verse in the bible says so?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Christians by Sabby1(m): 9:12am On May 03, 2020
I will advice you while reading the Bible to not just read a particular verse but try to read an entire chapter

1) Genesis 3:19 "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Here, man is referred to as 'dust' because he was made from the ground and mind you snake feed on flesh and not just rodents.

2) Probably, earthworm go on their belly because that was how they were created. Snakes had limbs but we're cursed for offending God and even scientific research shows that snakes used to have legs and arms until mutations happened.

3) With respect to snake being punished instead of Satan, all I can say is that there is a great relationship between God and His creatures that is unfathomable. Isaiah 11:8 says that "the infant will play near the cobra's den, and the young child will put its hand into the viper's nest." Isn't this somehow contrary to Genesis 3:15 ( I will make you and the woman hate each other; her offspring and yours will always be enemies. Her offspring will crush your head, and you will bite her offspring's heel.”) Understanding God is totally impossible. Job 36:26 made it clear that "we cannot fully know his greatness or count the number of his years."

However, does that mean we should avoid the subject all together? No, because God has made many of His traits and attributes understandable.

Anyway, 1 Corinthians 3:19 says that for the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness";

Only God knows all

Happy Sunday
Re: Questions For Christians by Oluromantic: 9:18am On May 03, 2020
Everything stated by the Bible is correct.

All the prey(animals) that snakes feed on are dust (made from dust).

Im sure u believe in science if you do not believe in the Bible. If you browse Google now and ask, "did snakes have legs?" You will be surprised to get a yes. Evolution accounts that snakes had legs before now.

Earthworms were made the way they are from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 9:30am On May 03, 2020
Sabby1:
I will advice you while reading the Bible to not just read a particular verse but try to read an entire chapter

1) Genesis 3:19 "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Here, man is referred to as 'dust' because he was made from the ground and mind you snake feed on flesh and not just rodents.

2) Probably, earthworm go on their belly because that was how they were created. Snakes had limbs but we're cursed for offending God and even scientific research shows that snakes used to have legs and arms until mutations happened.

3) With respect to snake being punished instead of Satan, all I can say is that there is a great relationship between God and His creatures that is unfathomable. Isaiah 11:8 says that "the infant will play near the cobra's den, and the young child will put its hand into the viper's nest." Isn't this somehow contrary to Genesis 3:15 ( I will make you and the woman hate each other; her offspring and yours will always be enemies. Her offspring will crush your head, and you will bite her offspring's heel.”) Understanding God is totally impossible

Anyway, 1 Corinthians 3:19 says that for the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness";

Only God knows all

Happy Sunday
Snake eats eggs. rats, etc. are these things also made from dust like man? backup with a verse

1 Like

Re: Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 9:32am On May 03, 2020
Oluromantic:

Im sure u believe in science if you do not believe in the Bible. If you browse Google now and ask, "did snakes have legs?" You will be surprised to get a yes. Evolution accounts that snakes had legs before now.

Show me a verse in the bible that says eggs are made from dust

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Christians by inforesource: 9:33am On May 03, 2020
For no 1 question, I don't have much to say because we have a lot of different kind of snakes in the world as we speak and they live in the earth. If you read the book of revelation 12 this serpent is mentioned there. So I won't say categorically that this snake that is swallowing your chickens is the one the Bible is referring to.

No 2: Do you know how many creatures naturally crawl? They are in thousands. But how will you feel if you were created with 4 legs but due to your character those 4 legs were taken from you as punishment? Let use king Nebuchadnezzar as example. He was a great king, growing in Power but pride sets in and that led to his demotion to live as wild beast. He was lucky because he was later restored by God. After that incidence he realised that only God is supreme.

No 3: Remember this, Satan will never come out to fight or do any evil to anybody. He uses men, things. And note that if you are a vessel used by the devil to create any sort of evil, when you are caught, you face the consequences of the actions. That is why you hear people saying na devil cause am, and unfortunately law do not admit that. So always know that God and devil use human beings to execute their agenda. The earth is human entity. You choose which of the these two you give yourself to. The reward is with you.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Christians by Oluromantic: 9:33am On May 03, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Show me a verse in the bible that says eggs are made from dust
Is there any verse in the bible that says chicken are made from dust?
Re: Questions For Christians by Sabby1(m): 9:44am On May 03, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Snake eats eggs. rats, etc. are these things also made from dust like man? backup with a verse
The curse pronounced upon the serpent of “eating the dust” is a result of it now crawling on its belly in the dust. It used to be like one of the “cattle” and “beast of the field” (Genesis 3:1, 14), but now will crawl on its belly and eat dirt. More importantly, this imagery of eating dust is symbolic of a creature low, despicable, abhorrent, and degraded.
In Micah 7:16–17, God prophesies of a time when the nations will come crawling to Him:

The nations shall see and be ashamed of all their might;
They shall put their hand over their mouth;
Their ears shall be deaf.
They shall lick the dust like a serpent;
They shall crawl from their holes like snakes of the earth.
They shall be afraid of the LORD our God,
And shall fear because of You.
Re: Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 10:18am On May 03, 2020
Oluromantic:

Is there any verse in the bible that says chicken are made from dust?
Bible says snake will eat dust for life. snake eats eggs so am asking if eggs are from dust just like humans are from dust
Re: Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 10:20am On May 03, 2020
Sabby1:

The curse pronounced upon the serpent of “eating the dust” is a result of it now crawling on its belly in the dust. It used to be like one of the “cattle” and “beast of the field” (Genesis 3:1, 14), but now will crawl on its belly and eat dirt. More importantly, this imagery of eating dust is symbolic of a creature low, despicable, abhorrent, and degraded.
In Micah 7:16–17, God prophesies of a time when the nations will come crawling to Him:

The nations shall see and be ashamed of all their might;
They shall put their hand over their mouth;
Their ears shall be deaf.
They shall lick the dust like a serpent;
They shall crawl from their holes like snakes of the earth.
They shall be afraid of the LORD our God,
And shall fear because of You.
So crawling means eating from dust?
Mention a nation that has come crawling to God

1 Like

Re: Questions For Christians by OtemAtum: 10:32am On May 03, 2020
Bible stories are mere fictitious stories. It doesn't apply to the truth of reality.
Re: Questions For Christians by Sabby1(m): 10:39am On May 03, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
So crawling means eating from dust?
Mention a nation that has come crawling to God
Depending on the context
You're quite funny sha
What does 'eating the dust' mean to you?
From your first post, you talked about snakes feeding on rodents and not dust and when you were countered, you switched to snakes also feed on eggs and not just rodents.
With respect to your own context, what do 'dust mean'?

We have given you our own answers, give us yours

Re: Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 11:05am On May 03, 2020
Sabby1:

Depending on the context
You're quite funny sha
What does 'eating the dust' mean to you?
From your first post, you talked about snakes feeding on rodents and not dust and when you were countered, you switched to snakes also feed on eggs and not just rodents.
With respect to your own context, what do 'dust mean'?

We have given you our own answers, give us yours
Are snakes not feeding on eggs? Ur dictionary says dust means something worthless. so eggs are worthless right?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 11:06am On May 03, 2020
OtemAtum:
Bible stories are mere fictitious stories. It doesn't apply to the truth of reality.

Re: Questions For Christians by Oluromantic: 11:56am On May 03, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Bible says snake will eat dust for life. snake eats eggs so am asking if eggs are from dust just like humans are from dust
So if you're to to hit the nail on the head. You will literally get a nail and start nailing your head? When u as human die, you will decay and turn to dust. So is everything that comes out of you including your feaces. Same for all animals including the chicken and it's egg. And stop being literal in your thoughts.
Re: Questions For Christians by Jokerman(m): 12:24pm On May 03, 2020
Understand that Satan is already an agent of perdition i.e he's already condemned, infact since the beginning of the world.

Dust there means crawling in the dust, not literally eating dust, you should know that, stop being mischievous
Re: Questions For Christians by Sabby1(m): 1:04pm On May 03, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Are snakes not feeding on eggs? Ur dictionary says dust means something worthless. so eggs are worthless right?
I am not disputing the fact that snake feeds on eggs but you need to carefully go through your earlier replies in relation to this.
Why do you keep on answering myopically without critically examining both sides? Did you just post or reply to create a long thread of a topic? little wonder you haven't answered any of my questions yet. Anyway, there are several meaning of dust but you choose the one that best suit you and not the one that best answer the question.
No hard feelings though, do have a lovely day
God bless you
Re: Questions For Christians by Sabby1(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2020
Jokerman:
Understand that Satan is already an agent of perdition i.e he's already condemned, infact since the beginning of the world.

Dust there means crawling in the dust, not literally eating dust, you should know that, stop being mischievous
Thank you so much bro, it is obvious he is trying to make the thread long in other for it to make front page, no wonder he even implored Lalasticlala to do the needful.
Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Questions For Christians by 1Sharon(f): 1:16pm On May 03, 2020
Oluromantic:

So you believe in evolution?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Christians by Oluromantic: 1:31pm On May 03, 2020
1Sharon:

So you believe in evolution?
I said so cus of the insensitive arguments non-believers of the bible would want to bring up
Re: Questions For Christians by GreatResearcher1: 1:50pm On May 03, 2020
Sabby1:

I am not disputing the fact that snake feeds on eggs but you need to carefully go through your earlier replies in relation to this.
Why do you keep on answering myopically without critically examining both sides? Did you just post or reply to create a long thread of a topic? little wonder you haven't answered any of my questions yet. Anyway, there are several meaning of dust but you choose the one that best suit you and not the one that best answer the question.
No hard feelings though, do have a lovely day
God bless you
if i wantd d thread to long na for romance section i for open. When of ur questions hav i nt answered?
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 9:12am On May 04, 2020
Fruit and Snake in that Bible account has deeper meaning than what most people think!
But since you're interested in the issue of the Snake, let's focus on that.

An angel possessed this creature to speak with Eve, but when God declared his judgment it was meant for the rebellious angel NOT for the poor creature.
A thorough research on the DNA of snakes the creature supposed to have four legs, it will not speak well if the mentioned creature is later found with legs! embarassed

Satan wants to rule humans and gain total control of mankind in general, so that's his food. According to Jesus (a spirit being) who perfectly understood the terms spirits use when speaking on sacred secrets "FOOD" is what spirit beings love doing most {John 4:34} so Jesus will gather all these faithful servants of God and RULE over them for 1,000 years! Revelations 20:1-5

Satan whose choicest FOOD is to rule humans will only succeed in ruling faithless people NOT people having faith, according to Jesus all faithless people are walking corpse {Matthew 8:22} but faithful servants of God will be resurrected back to life {John 11:25-26} so if Adam returned to dust because he is DUST {Genesis 3:19} and Satan will rule over them {1John 5:19} it simply means Satan's FOOD will be faithless descendants of Adam who are just like mere DUST from God's viewpoint!

Thanks! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 And The Closure Of Churches: A Wake-up Call To Church Leaders / Chukuwuemeka Odumeje Is Now Signed To The Liquid Metal Family / Kanye West Tells Kim Kardashian To Stop Wearing Revealing Dresses, As It ‘affect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.