Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

Romans 6:1-2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Romans 6:1-2 (231 Views)

Romans 6:1- Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? (2) / Romans 6:1- Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? (1) / Living In The Flesh Versus Living In The Spirit [romans 6:1-16, Galat 5:16-18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romans 6:1-2 by Nobody: 10:06am On May 03, 2020
Hi Bro Jiggaz.
Please I need you to help me shed more light on this Bible verse. Romans 6:1-2.
I understand it very well but there's something I'm always careful to reveal about it for the sake of those whose faith are weak.

Wish I could talk to you in private. But its ok though.

Just give me your own view of why apostle Paul said that. Does it mean one cannot just continue living their life as they please since we don't have Amy part to play in salvation except believe. Sorry I'm trying to be coded here so some don't see it as a liberty to abuse the privilege of grace. Hope you understand though.
Re: Romans 6:1-2 by infini771: 10:07am On May 03, 2020
Galatians 2:20, 'You' are crucified with Christ: nevertheless 'you' live; yet not 'you', but Christ lives in 'you': and the life which 'you' now live in the flesh 'you' live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved 'you', and gave himself for 'you'.

The Grace of God saved us from the sins we inherited from Adam but it is not a license for us to continue sinning.
Re: Romans 6:1-2 by Nobody: 11:09am On May 03, 2020
infini771:
Galatians 2:20, 'You' are crucified with Christ: nevertheless 'you' live; yet not 'you', but Christ lives in 'you': and the life which 'you' now live in the flesh 'you' live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved 'you', and gave himself for 'you'.

The Grace of God saved us from the sins we inherited from Adam but it is not a license for us to continue sinning.

Thank you Sir.
I understand perfectly well but thing is, someone just confirmed my fears in another post saying one can go back to the world aas long as they have accepted Christ they'll still be rapturable. So Im thinking was that why Paul was careful to make that statement cos he too shared the same belief of "once saved, forever saved"? I remember this very cliche being debated a long time ago (still quite small then) among two powerful sisters in the Lord. One was like it is true while the other one said it was not true.

Now, what I want to believe is, like you said, as Christians, because we have been crucified with Christ and he now lives in us to do the right things ( righteousness), then it becomes inpossible for us to sin or go back to the world because christ that lives in us will not allow us go back. And I have a very good example from my personal experience. its a testimony. Let me share in the next page.
Re: Romans 6:1-2 by infini771: 12:09pm On May 03, 2020
Eulalia:

Thank you Sir.
I understand perfectly well but thing is, someone just confirmed my fears in another post saying one can go back to the world aas long as they have accepted Christ they'll still be rapturable. So Im thinking was that why Paul was careful to make that statement cos he too shared the same belief of "once saved, forever saved"? I remember this very cliche being debated a long time ago (still quite small then) among two powerful sisters in the Lord. One was like it is true while the other one said it was not true.

Now, what I want to believe is, like you said, as Christians, because we have been crucified with Christ and he now lives in us to do the right things ( righteousness), then it becomes inpossible for us to sin or go back to the world because christ that lives in us will not allow us go back. And I have a very good example from my personal experience. its a testimony. Let me share in the next page.

When you make mistakes go back to God as quickly as possible, confess and believe you are forgiven
Re: Romans 6:1-2 by infini771: 12:11pm On May 03, 2020
Eulalia:

Thank you Sir.

Don't believe anything other than what Christ commanded
Re: Romans 6:1-2 by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 03, 2020
infini771:

Don't believe anything other than what Christ commanded

Ok thanks. Very helpful.
Re: Romans 6:1-2 by jiggaz(m): 3:45pm On May 03, 2020
Eulalia:
Hi Bro Jiggaz.
Please I need you to help me shed more light on this Bible verse. Romans 6:1-2.
I understand it very well but there's something I'm always careful to reveal about it for the sake of those whose faith are weak.

Wish I could talk to you in private. But its ok though.

Just give me your own view of why apostle Paul said that. Does it mean one cannot just continue living their life as they please since we don't have Amy part to play in salvation except believe. Sorry I'm trying to be coded here so some don't see it as a liberty to abuse the privilege of grace. Hope you understand though.
Sorry dear, I am just seeing this... Click on this link below, the topic there answers your question very well

https://www.nairaland.com/3342760/grace-license-sin-paul-ellis

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad The Plagiarist / Have You Heard About The New Online Evangelist? / What The Bible Says About Fake Pastors/prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.