Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,336 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Living In The Flesh Versus Living In The Spirit [romans 6:1-16, Galat 5:16-18 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living In The Flesh Versus Living In The Spirit [romans 6:1-16, Galat 5:16-18 (256 Views)

Romans 6:1- Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? (1) / Romans 6:1-2 / I Need Your Help On Matt 5:16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Living In The Flesh Versus Living In The Spirit [romans 6:1-16, Galat 5:16-18 by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 06, 2018
You can be born again, filled with the Holy Ghost and yet live your life by the flesh or by the spirit, it’s a choice. The flesh will rise up continuously but every time it rises up, crush it and put it under. Jesus conquered the flesh and you also have what it takes to conquer the flesh.

The flesh operates in different ways; it’s not just about sin. There are times when your flesh will move you to sin but there are other times that it simply moves you out of the spirit and out of the doings of God. Flesh will position you against God while you are trying to walk with Him or do His works. The flesh will always position you against the spirit. The two, lust after and fight each other. It is survival of the fittest between the flesh and the spirit. And you must develop your spirit man to the place of advantage that your flesh will not dominate your regenerated spirit.

Romans chapter 6 reveals that anything you yield yourself to is the lord of your life and when you are constantly yielding to the flesh, one day you will backslide even from the pulpit as a preacher. Some people’s flesh only fainted such that once they get into any favourable atmosphere the flesh will wake up and people wonder if they were ever born again.

Do a self-assessment of your flesh today. What flesh is strong in you? The devil will be seeking to weave his operations around that area to get you out of the spirit. Your spirit must always be the leader anywhere you get to.

PRAYER: Lord, I sow to my spirit daily and I reap life and peace in Jesus’ name. Amen.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 13:5-15:21, Matthew 5:27-48, Psalm 6:1-10, Proverbs 1:29-33

Rev Olusola Areogun

(1) (Reply)

Which Way? / Do You Forget Your Dreams? (part 22). / Many "Men" Of God, Many Failed Prophecies..., Who Is Deceiving Who?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.