Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,537 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Applications To Develop This Season - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Applications To Develop This Season (862 Views)

I Challenged Myself To Develop This. / I Need A Programmer To Develop This Algorithm Into App / Can You Develop This Android Mobile App For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Applications To Develop This Season by trytillmake(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2020
This goes out to those that have learnt programming in any language and wondering what to do with that knowledge, well this season of covid; schools actually teach and give assignments to their students online these days, so why not come up with an e-learn application and market to schools in your vicinity or across lagos or across yr state u dwell in.
I have been managing one i developed for a school earlier, now the app is really put to use cause now activity on the application has peaked up and once in a while i get calls for direction even built a video tutorial pop - up into the application.
So just a little word to u guys, develop something in any language, people don't wanna know how it was developed as long as it works and can do the job, market it, sell and make money, u don't know how big yr app will reach or will take u.
In case you guys need need mine, here is a link to it, here it also has video tutorials built into it.

Elearn app benefits not limited to these below;

- Convenient

- Easy Accessibility

- Quick lesson delivery

- Self-Paced

- Real-time assessment

- Computer and Internet proficiency

1 Like

Re: Applications To Develop This Season by Aladin245: 1:02pm On May 03, 2020
Do you mind sharing the application flow of this your application?
Re: Applications To Develop This Season by trytillmake(m): 7:57pm On May 03, 2020
Aladin245:
Do you mind sharing the application flow of this your application?

3 Modules in the app

Admin, Staff and Student

(Brief describe of all modules)

-- Staff Module

Sets questions
Review questions
Upload Materials(pdf, video)
Mark questions
Score Student

--- Student Module

View and Answer question
View score
Drop comment

--- Admin Module

Creates and Manages staff,student,classes
Views and manages all modules
Generally pushes info out as at when due

---- There u have it.

Re: Applications To Develop This Season by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 03, 2020
Purely out of curiosity,
Why should one use this is over well established VLEs like Moodle, ILIAS, OpenOLAT, Sakai?
Re: Applications To Develop This Season by Lordpeckxy(m): 3:59am On May 04, 2020
airsaylongcom:
Purely out of curiosity,
Why should one use this is over well established VLEs like Moodle, ILIAS, OpenOLAT, Sakai?
Because every well established company/site/industry started like this.!
if there is one thing I have learnt in technology, is that there is always room for more.

2 Likes

Re: Applications To Develop This Season by trytillmake(m): 8:12pm On May 04, 2020
airsaylongcom:
Purely out of curiosity,

There was a time the owner of Remita was pushing his payment application from bank to bank, [this i know cause i've been opportuned to do some jobs in the finance sector] now where is REMITA today; one has to learn to think out of the box cause amongst it's advantages is customization.
Re: Applications To Develop This Season by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 05, 2020
trytillmake:

There was a time the owner of Remita was pushing his payment application from bank to bank, [this i know cause i've been opportuned to do some jobs in the finance sector] now where is REMITA today; one has to learn to think out of the box cause amongst it's advantages is customization.

I agree. But you both seemed to misconstrue my question. My real question was what is the new twist added to this? Japanese manufacturers already had European and American car manufacturers to contend with but they still went in with a singular aim of making more fuel efficient vehicles. That was the USP. But I haven't seen any USP in this product hence my question. I regularly deploy VLEs as a side hustle and expect that to increase this period. And I am often wary of locally developed products because of poor Quality Assurance and Support. With Moodle or the others, there's a mature support base that can be turned to when a challenge or a unique need arises. Plus with open source I don't suffer from vendor lock-in. It would be nice if the developer highlighted the benefits. For example can this VLE support Web conferencing so instructors can have live sessions with learners? There's Bigbluebutton, an open source Web conferencing solution that readily integrates with Moodle so I'm not locked in to Zoom or any of th3 other expensive proprietary vendors

PS: As for REMITA, if they loose government as customers they are in a lot of trouble. Compare with Flutterwave and the rest that have fought with Interswitch. So maybe REMITA is not a very good example. Flutterwave and Paystack made payment integration free to developers. That USP sold them to the market

(1) (Reply)

Backend Developer Needed For A Quick Job (Resolved) / How To Connect Applets Together / I Need A Shell Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.