Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159213 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by James4bright(m): 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Danielhouston:

My sister, there are lots of threads regarding studying and working in Germany, on Nairaland. There’s even a thread about German work visa and the type of jobs available, including how to apply. You should check for them.

I cannot really tell you how much to budget for traveling to Germany. I don’t know how you intend to come and if you’ll be illegal at some point. That is important when calculating how much money you need. I’d say, just have enough money to pay your rent, bills and food for at least 6 months.

I don't know if you've answered this question before. But imagine if I finally get someone to send me a sponsorship letter. Can I still use the German block account?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
James4bright:

If only, they'd tell me to denounce my Nigerian citizenship for a German citizenship. I would do that with so much joy in my heart.

grin grin

Danielhouston, I sight you bro. I'm a silent reader of your thread and I must say I'm very impressed with your writing style and the willingness to share your life experiences with us. Vielen Dank wink

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Gerrard59:

Intriguing. shocked

I find this hypocritical. Are they not the ones who champion for transgender rights and whatnot on social media? Saying if black rights should be upheld so should transgenders' rights. Apparently, from your writeup, it seems most black people are homophobic.

Nevertheless, profound insights which could be applied where there's a substantial black population in developed countries.

Hoteps championing Transgender rights? That would almost never happen. The average hotep believes that being gay is not a black thing. They’d even tell you that gay people are the reason why the black race is not reproducing, because black men are becoming gay. They believe there is a gay agenda and the government is trying to turn black people gay.
If you want to hear all the conspiracy theories, listen to a hotep.

Maybe you’re taking about human rights activists. A hotep is more than an activist. Their principles are based on obsessive pro-blackness. They don’t even practice Christianity, because they believe it is a white man’s religion and white Jesus is a slave master’s rhetoric.

9 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by James4bright(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
Activist001:

grin grin

Danielhouston, I sight you bro. I'm a silent reader of your thread and I must say I'm very impressed with your writing style and the willingness to share your life experiences with us. Vielen Dank wink

Bro, you quoted the wrong person. But make I enjoy Daniel's glory small.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
James4bright:

I don't know if you've answered this question before. But imagine if I finally get someone to send me a sponsorship letter. Can I still use the German block account?

No. If you have sponsorship letter, you don’t need blocked account. The purpose of sponsorship is to replace blocked account.

6 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
James4bright:

Bro, you quoted the wrong person. But make I enjoy Daniel's glory small.

No worries, follow enjoy am small. grin

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Doctee: 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
James4bright:

If only, they'd tell me to denounce my Nigerian citizenship for a German citizenship. I would do that with so much joy in my heart.
you'll want the Nigerian citizenship bk when Nigeria becomes better

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
Doctee:

Lmao

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by post111(m): 9:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
Impossible bro
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Clicked: 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
Danielhouston:

By law, you can’t. But there are exceptions. Like, children whose parents are American and German, people from countries that don’t allow them to renounce their citizenship. Turkish children born in Germany can have dual citizenship until a certain age. Still, there are some Americans who have dual citizenship by naturalization.
Even with Brexit, some Brits in Germany are looking to apply for dual citizenship, it is still in discussion. So yeah, there are exceptions.

That's sad though. No matter how much I dislike Nigeria, I wouldn't want to renounce my citizenship.

It will be like I have completely destroyed anything connecting me to Nigeria. Basically I'll be a foreigner in my own fatherland.

Imagine needing a visa to enter Nigeria, I won't like that at all.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Funkybabee(f): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
Danielhouston:

My sister, there are lots of threads regarding studying and working in Germany, on Nairaland. There’s even a thread about German work visa and the type of jobs available, including how to apply. You should check for them.

I cannot really tell you how much to budget for traveling to Germany. I don’t know how you intend to come and if you’ll be illegal at some point. That is important when calculating how much money you need. I’d say, just have enough money to pay your rent, bills and food for at least 6 months.

6months haba, u mean I won't get work within six months
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by James4bright(m): 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
Doctee:

I remember how I strongly believed Nigeria would improve in 2004, now it's 2020 and the country even retrogressed to a far worse state.

Even if Nigeria were to improve, you think Nigeria would be able to compete with the likes of France, Germany, UK and America. Nigeria is faaaaaaaaaar behind.

One day, you'd close your eyes and open them and you won't see a single person in Nigeria again but yourself. Everybody don japa. Lol

18 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Phelixblaq(m): 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
wink
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Slimcanada001: 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hi Danielhouston

What happens at the end of a nursing Ausbildung program? Will the trainee be offered automatic employment with extended stay?

[quote author=Danielhouston post=91546278]Types of black people in Germany (continued)

5. The Somalis These are refugees from Somalia. There are many of them in Germany and you can find them in almost every city, if not all. They are usually allocated to smaller cities and a few of them are in big cities.

]
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Anonime1105(m): 5:24am On Jul 10, 2020
Danielhouston:

Thanks for the raw information you've been sharing on this thread

I want to apply for MSc at Saarland university, Saarbrücken.

How's life like in Saarland, for students?

I would appreciate it if You would do just to my question. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Palehair: 10:13am On Jul 10, 2020
Gerrard59:

Intriguing. shocked

I find this hypocritical. Are they not the ones who champion for transgender rights and whatnot on social media? Saying if black rights should be upheld so should transgenders' rights. Apparently, from your writeup, it seems most black people are homophobic.

Nevertheless, profound insights which could be applied where there's a substantial black population in developed countries.
Black people are generally homophobic, well there are exceptions but homophobia is rooted in our blood and sadly, it's not even our fault
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Sparrow0: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2020
DanielHouston your thread and Chiggsglover's thread are the best I swear. Wonder when Drenimarcus would open his own thread make I enjoy like this grin

6 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by hammed71(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
Nice thread, I heard Germany does not allow dual citizenship so one has to renounce their country of birth citizenship
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Samuelsegs: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
i never knew this thread is alive once again until now.. lemme enjoy it.. I love this thread even tho I'm not a GERMANY lover

Who carry my chaircheesy

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
Slimcanada001:

Hi Danielhouston

What happens at the end of a nursing Ausbildung program? Will the trainee be offered automatic employment with extended stay?

Ausbildung in nursing, as far as I know, requires a B2/C1 German language certificate. Some accept B1. But to work after your Ausbildung, you’d definitely need nothing less than B2. If you get accepted into Ausbildung, you’ll get a residence permit known as “permit for the completion of Ausbildung” (in German text). It is usually valid for 2-3 years.

If you drop out of your Ausbildung, your employer will notify the immigration office. Your residence permit will be canceled and you’ll be given a Duldung which is valid for 6 months. You have to find another Ausbildung within those 6 months or leave Germany.

During your Ausbildung as a nurse, you’ll get paid about €1000 a month. Some states pay €1,200. After completing your Ausbildung, you are qualified to work in full employment. In the case of “automatic employment”, that would depend on your employer.
After completing your Ausbildung, you will be granted 12 months to find a job.

But as a nurse, you’ll definitely find a job in a hospital. Qualified nurses make €2,500 and above, a month. When you find a job, you will be granted a residence permit valid for 2 years. Your life begins from there...

PS: For those of you who would ask about Ausbildung in other professions, everything I stated, applies to you as well (except the salary).

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
Berlin in pictures. This is Brandenburger Tor. A very famous tourist location in Berlin. You’d normally find lots of tourists here everyday from morning to night. It is empty now because of Corona. It is also where most countries have their embassies.

13 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2020

8 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
The famous hotel where Michael Jackson flashed his baby from the window.

12 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
The German parliament (Reichstag). I heard that this building is very strong and can withstand any kind of explosives. Even the windows won’t break. Those things you see on the floor are rumored to be underground bunkers, in case of emergency.

15 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2020

10 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
Danielhouston God will bless you for me
At the moment i have just below 10k but I believe things will happen and I’m definitely going to leave Nigeria for good
I’m a descendant of Chad republic i can get a passport from there
So the format i want to use is to first get to a vietnamese school because i saw so many with cheap tuition
There’s a thread on NL that i got info that someone can teach English and the minimum wage is reasonable
So through that way i hope to save for block account and make it to Germany
So help me god

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2020

12 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
I like to come here to chill, whenever I want to get away from my friends. I just come here alone with a headphone to listen to music and think about Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
Last pics...

10 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2020
you4me:
Danielhouston God will bless you for me
At the moment i have just below 10k but I believe things will happen and I’m definitely going to leave Nigeria for good
I’m a descendant of Chad republic i can get a passport from there
So the format i want to use is to first get to a vietnamese school because i saw so many with cheap tuition
There’s a thread on NL that i got info that someone can teach English and the minimum wage is reasonable
So through that way i hope to save for block account and make it to Germany
So help me god

The money you’ve saved already, will finish in Vietnam before you get a teaching job. Even if you get a teaching job in Vietnam, you’ll pay rent and other bills and may not be able to save enough money for Germany. And even if you can save, it may take you years to do that.

When you leave Africa, you’ll realize that life abroad is not the same. Bills must be paid and so are taxes. Coupled with the struggle of surviving alone without assistance and how much your salary is. This is what I mean when I say low budget countries can trap people down. But I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.