Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,821 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159205 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by evergreen9: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2020
Danielhouston:

You can google about the websites. There are lots of them.

Moabit is not cheap. It is just not desirable because of the dominant Turkish population. But it can be expensive. Wedding is cheaper of course and there are lots of Africans living there. Infact, Wedding is the African area in Berlin. It is also considered ghetto. That’s why it’s cheaper.

Anywhere around Mitte, Charlottenburg, Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain, are usually expensive, because those are the desirable areas in Berlin, especially Kreuzberg. You can still find affordable flats there if someone passes their old contract to you. But it’s generally expensive.

Outskirts like Schoneweide, karlshorst, Lichtenberg, are relatively cheap. Neukölln is another cheaper area. By cheap, I mean, you can find a one bedroom flat for around €500. Karlshorst is a bit far and boring. But it’s a rich area with rich, old Germans. The young people there are students who live in the student housing and study at HTW.

Whatever you do, no matter how bad your condition is, please DO NOT live in Marzahn or Hellersdorf or Kopenick. Those are skin head racist areas with AFD supporters. Some black people would tell you they lived there and had no problems, but please don’t. Stay away from those areas. They are also considered low income areas and telling someone you live there, would be considered shameful and unattractive.

How about Potsdam? Googl map says thats like 40min car/ train ride from Berlin, is it possible to find cheaper accommodation there? like school in Berlin but reside in Potsdam? also any neo-nazi, skin head wahala for potsdam side?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Hadampson(m): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2020
Danielhouston:
Smh at Nigerians shaming refugees. Talking about “I would never wish that on my worst enemy”.

There are Nigerians living without electricity, some have no running water, they fetch water from a well or from their neighbor’s house, graduates are frustrated without jobs, those with jobs are paid peanuts, people are hustling under hot sun for hours, police is harassing and killing young boys, armed robbers are robbing people with guns, some people went to LUTH with stomach pain and died there because of bad healthcare.
Yet you won’t wish being a refugee in Germany on your worst enemy?

Refugees in Germany live in a developed country, they can get education, travel the world, visit schengen countries without visa, get a good job, good healthcare, social amenities, even if they lose their job they can get unemployment benefits.

In my 7 years of living in Germany, I’ve never washed my clothes with my hands, I’ve never carried a bucket of water, I’ve never used kerosene to cook. That’s how easy life abroad can be. The little things we take for granted.

Students can proudly say they came on a student visa and study at a University. Compared to a refugee who would say he came with a boat and stayed in a camp. Meanwhile, an educated refugee can further his education or take up training and even get a better job than some students. Some refugees were doctors in their home country.

In the company I work, there are refugees working as data analyst, product analyst, customer care, marketers, sales rep. I came as a student and they’re my colleagues.

Just because Abubakar your neighbor did not succeed, does not mean other people should be hopeless.

Spot on chef cool

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
SaintHilary:
grin grin grin
Be like Xiomi Thread Trolls don full this thread
>>They'll ask about everything in a phone>>where they can get the phone in their locale as if Ena dey stay together >> How long the phone warranty would last>>

you'll try your best to answer them with details only for them to say Make I continue to save till I get money

>>So you no get money all this while and you dey question me... God no dey tey Punish person o

Grandmufti knows best cheesy

LWKMD grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by evergreen9: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
SaintHilary:
grin grin grin
Be like Xiomi Thread Trolls don full this thread
>>They'll ask about everything in a phone>>where they can get the phone in their locale as if Ena dey stay together >> How long the phone warranty would last>>

you'll try your best to answer them with details only for them to say Make I continue to save till I get money

>>So you no get money all this while and you dey question me... God no dey tey Punish person o

Grandmufti knows best cheesy

Guy u bad oh! grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2020
evergreen9:

How about Potsdam? Googl map says thats like 40min car/ train ride from Berlin, is it possible to find cheaper accommodation there? like school in Berlin but reside in Potsdam? also any neo-nazi, skin head wahala for potsdam side?

People who study in Potsdam usually want to live in Berlin. I’ve never heard or seen anyone studying in Berlin and living in Potsdam. Potsdam is a racist village and I wouldn’t imagine any Black person living there, except they study there. Are you in Berlin? Or are you coming to Berlin any time soon?

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2020
Let’s talk about scammers and scamming.

I know this is a common topic in all forums about life abroad. In Germany, Ghanaians have a reputation for being scammers and fraudsters. That is because a lot of Germans have been scammed by Ghanaians in the name of love and marriage. Some of them eventually brought the Ghanaians to Germany and married them. Then the Ghanaians dealt with them.

Despite what Germans believe, a lot of those online scammers are Nigerians who pretend to be from other countries. They use fake identities and names but when I hear these stories, I know they are Nigerians. I have seen people show support for Hushpupi on this forum and it saddened me.

Let me explain something to you, anybody capable of scamming someone, is capable of murder. It takes a level of heartlessness to deceive someone and take their hard earned money. Something they worked for all their life, you play on their weakness and take it away.
When you scam someone, you kill a part of them. A part of them that they may never recover from.

People have committed suicide and some live miserable lives, after they’ve been scammed. The pain is not just about losing money. There is a guilt trip that follows. You blame yourself for being so stupid and you feel worthless, that someone was able to deceive you and take everything you worked so hard for. The psychological effect can be worse than death.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
I know a German guy that was scammed of about €60,0000. We were close friends and he didn’t tell me about it. This thing was going on and he trusted his scammers so much, that he kept it to himself. I still don’t understand what they did to him.

I cannot go into full details of what happened, because I want to protect his identity. But it was so painful to watch him go through that phase of his life. After he got scammed and lost all his money, I still didn’t know anything had happened. You know they are very good at pretending. When they believe in something or someone, nothing can stop them. Until it turns into a disaster.

I just noticed at some point, that he became unusually happy. I know how Germans behave and their fake sense of humor. He was spending anyhow, living a carefree life, being so simple about life and not taking anything seriously. Almost like he didn’t care about anything.
I knew instantly that something was off. That is the kind of free spirit they have before they commit suicide.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
My friend was gone, psychologically. This guy has helped lots of Africans and he’s one of those anti-racist Germans who always want to help foreigners and fight the system. But he fell into the wrong hands and got scammed. He had planned to die.

I eventually went to his house and sat down with him. I begged him to tell me what was wrong. After insisting that he was fine, he finally opened up to me in tears. All of his savings were gone, he took money from a credit card, which he’s now in debt. He said some guys in Ghana scammed him.
After he told me what happened, I knew those guys were Nigerians.

He was so ashamed to tell anybody the story. How would he pay off all of that debt. His only option at the time was to silently commit suicide and end it all. God brought me close to him and I saw it. I helped him get through the pain but the psychological damage was already done. Even till this day, he’s still paying the debt and will keep paying it for the next 10 years.

What is even more frightening, is that he developed Stockholm syndrome with his scammer and he’s still in touch with one of them. He’s one of those people who only see the good in people, no matter what they’ve done.

I can only imagine all the other people who never got a chance. The ones who have committed suicide, the ones who are emotionally damaged, all the good they could have done. It is evil to scam people. You don’t know how damaging it is, because you see it as a game of smartness.
Waking up every morning to work hard all your life, only for someone to take it all away and play you for a fool.

Let’s do better. Let’s be better. Let’s have this conversation among ourselves.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2020
Danielhouston:
My friend was gone, psychologically. This guy has helped lots of Africans and he’s one of those anti-racist Germans who always want to help foreigners and fight the system. But he fell into the wrong hands and got scammed. He had planned to die.

I eventually went to his house and sat down with him. I begged him to tell me what was wrong. After insisting that he was fine, he finally opened up to me in tears. All of his savings were gone, he took money from a credit card, which he’s now in debt. He said some guys in Ghana scammed him.
After he told me what happened, I knew those guys were Nigerians.

He was so ashamed to tell anybody the story. How would he pay off all of that debt. His only option at the time was to silently commit suicide and end it all. God brought me close to him and I saw it. I helped him get through the pain but the psychological damage was already done. Even till this day, he’s still paying the debt and will keep paying it for the next 10 years.

What is even more frightening, is that he developed Stockholm syndrome with his scammer and he’s still in touch with one of them. He’s one of those people who only see the good in people, no matter what they’ve done.

I can only imagine all the other people who never got a chance. The ones who have committed suicide, the ones who are emotionally damaged, all the good they could have done. It is evil to scam people. You don’t know how damaging it is, because you see it as a game of smartness.
Waking up every morning to work hard all your life, only for someone to take it all away and play you for a fool.

Let’s do better. Let’s be better. Let’s have this conversation among ourselves.
I want talk wetting I wan talk but if I tell am now them go label me scammer and scam apologist and kick me outta the thread grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2020
flyingpig:
I want talk wetting I wan talk but if I tell am now them go label me scammer and scam apologist and kick me outta the thread grin

All opinions are welcome. Silencing people, will not change the narrative. So pls go ahead, even if we all don’t agree.

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
This is not me being self righteous or preaching to the choir. This is just my opinion and you are free to disagree. I will keep writing about other things, even while this conversation is going on. So don’t worry about derailing the thread. Just don’t attack anyone.

8 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by evergreen9: 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
Danielhouston:

People who study in Potsdam usually want to live in Berlin. I’ve never heard or seen anyone studying in Berlin and living in Potsdam. Potsdam is a racist village and I wouldn’t imagine any Black person living there, except they study there. Are you in Berlin? Or are you coming to Berlin any time soon?

Yes hopefully by September, trying to make all necessary inquiries ahead of time.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by dustydee: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
flyingpig:

Mod can go ahead to ban me for supporting crime undecided
If we complain that things are bad and no jobs in our country, how do you explain those that are outside the country and still scamming people instead of getting a job? And trust me there are way poorer people than those guys that are not into scamming. If they can afford data subscription then they are better off than the numerous poor people who have little or nothing. We all can be pushed to the wall to do what we ought not to but most of these scams revolve around greed else they will stop immediately they get what they can use to start a small business.

28 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
dustydee:

If we complain that things are bad and no jobs in our country, how do you explain those that are outside the country and still scamming people instead of getting a job? And trust me there are way poorer people than those guys that are not into scamming. If they can afford data subscription then they are better off than the numerous poor people who have little or nothing. We all can be pushed to the wall to do what we ought not to but most of these scams revolve around greed else they will stop immediately they get what they can use to start a small business.
That's my point. I feel nothing when they go beyond earning an amount that can set up a basic business. Forget the hushpuppi level, I'm talking about boys eating yam and oil everyday for a living and borrowing pure water from a neighbour and using hotspot to stay online for work.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
evergreen9:

Bro I have experienced some of the hardship you just mentioned and while I know sey no be my own bad pass, I still don't think thats an excuse to scam people. I lost a family member to a health condition, I knew deep down that if I had enough money at the time that the required treatment / surgery for the sickness would have been a walk in the park,I could have easily helped him to India for the necessary surgery but things were bad and I couldn't do anything, I was desperate but I didnt turn to scam! Regardless of how things are, we can't excuse scamming or scammers!
trust me, you never reach that low yet. Until you reach level wey u dey meaningly consider suicide but your papa na retired ex-policeman who hasnt received pension for years. Literally you have no one to assist you, and you are no one as well, with an empty space of hopeless future standing right before your face. It's that scary

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Caxmir: 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2020
@FLYINGPIG

I understand your points, but still doesn't justify scamming/crime.

The urge for sex doesn't justify rape; due to low options/opportunities.

Anybody who doesn't think about what his/her actions will do to the next person (the receiver) is capable of murder and should be watched, talking about "hardship" bro we all have faced it especially those born with rubber spoon, did it lead us to crime? No.
Because we still have humanity and conscience left in our hungry/poor/suffering soul and body.

Danielhouston great thread bro, as I look forward to more tales from Germany.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
Let me add that this is not a white people vs Black people thing, or oyibo vs Nigerians. There are white people who are scammers and even some of the most evil fraudsters in the world. Infact, Nigerian scammers are still learning.

I just mentioned Nigeria because I’m addressing our people and this is a Nigerian forum. So I’m in no way trying to glorify the white man or paint Nigerians with a bad brush. Scammers come in all colors and races, and they’re all evil to me.

12 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 7:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
Well, like I said. All hardship get levels. You can't say it's not enough point to go into that until you feel what that nigger has went through but you didn't resort to scam, not until you're in their exact shoes. Granted, you can still not resort to scam, I guess that's why everybody is not the same undecided some are not ready to commit suicide nor live the rest of their life in abject poverty. #you only live once after all.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Daejoyoung: 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2020
flyingpig:
Well, like I said. All hardship get levels. You can't say it's not enough point to go into that until you feel what that nigger has went through but you didn't resort to scam, not until you're in their exact shoes. Granted, you can still not resort to scam, I guess that's why everybody is not the same undecided some are not ready to commit suicide nor live the rest of their life in abject poverty. #you only live once after all.
If everyone going through hardship or extreme poverty resort to scamming, and even scam you and family of your hard earned savings, what would become of the world?
It's thesame reason people have for killing and committing all sorts of crimes. Should someone kill you because he is going through hardship? of course not.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by UrFears: 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
Lol....
No matter what the situation is, There is no reasonable excuse for scam.

If you want to commit suicide, then do so. And don't kill another person in the name of survival. #it makes no sense.

17 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
And then when you think about it, the people you are taking $1,500 from, are driving 30million Naira Mercedes Benz, are going on one month vacation overseas obviously will sleep in hotels, and will fly economy class. One word here, affluence! You, on the other hand, can't eat a good food and drink a clean water. What can a $1,500 deduction do to this "class of Whites" anyway, you ask?
That's the mentality. I'm just saying because I've had this dialogue with my friends and those were their words.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
UrFears:
Lol....
No matter what the situation is, There is no reasonable excuse for scam.

If you want to commit suicide, then do so. And don't kill another person in the name of survival. #it makes no sense.
grin savage cry
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Thastie(f): 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
flyingpig:
There's a level of low one can get to in this life and he'd become an animal. A very vicious, fierce, animal without a soul.

undecided
I used to think that way. I used to think these people had no other choice. But after the money comes, the crazy lifestyle follows.
If they were just hungry why are they blowing that large amount of money on rohypnols?
Why are they lodging in hotels they pay over 60k?
Nearly all them spend that money on alcohuls, drugs, women, expensive rides.
Once the money finish, they go back to scamming till they are caught

14 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
Thastie:

I used to think that way. I used to think these people had no other choice. But after the money comes, the crazy lifestyle follows.
If they were just hungry why are they blowing that large amount of money on rohypnols?
Why are they lodging in hotels they pay over 60k?
Nearly all them spend that money on alcohuls, drugs, women, expensive rides.
Once the money finish, they go back to scamming till they are caught
I'm not even talking about the money spenders. I'm talking about that humble beginning and the urge to just set up a mini-business. When it goes beyond that point I have no understanding for them again.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by chiboy429(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
In as much as our government has totally failed us as a nation in all ramification, that doesn't justify any reason whatsoever to indulge in scam. We all that isn't privileged to be born in a wealthy home has undergone serious unbelievable and extreme level of poverty. I am a definition of such situation. But then, with patience and focus and hardworking and the audacity of hope in doing the right thing and keep pushing we can always triumph. But today the story is different, I am in DE for my masters. This is someone that came from the lowest of lowest level of economic background with no hope of food nor water. My story is much, I intend opening a thread or writing a book about my struggles and trials and my travails some day. I think our youths and people are too impatient and want to acquire overnight wealth but it doesn't work like that, there are processes in life. In whatever situation we find ourselves at any given point in time is to prepare us to the next level. I was listening to huspuppis video recently when his arrest was making waves, mind you it was when he was arrested that I went ahead to read about him. So in the video he was talking about coming and being born in a poor family and his father after serving the government couldn't get a good life after retirement, I was awed and baffled. I immediately considered him lucky because to me my parents never worked for any government or gainfully employed. We were meagre small scale farmers in small settlement only could cultivate what to eat not to talk of living a luxury life. His excuse wasn't justifying and didn't add up for him to go into crime. I just saw a greedy and wicked human. Please let's not always be economicall with the truth, until then these crimes will still be on the high and young people won't appreciate hard work.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by frankmoney(m): 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
flyingpig:
I'm not even talking about the money spenders. I'm talking about that humble beginning and the urge to just set up a mini-business. When it goes beyond that point I have no understanding for them again.
still doesn't justify scam

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 8:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
frankmoney:
still doesn't justify scam
grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Thastie(f): 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2020
flyingpig:
Still doesn't justify it. Those people are just criminal minded

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.