Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Why We Face The East In Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Face The East In Prayer (876 Views)

I Give El Rufai 14 Days To Retrace His Steps Or Face The Wrath Of God - Dr Chris / Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer / Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Face The East In Prayer by abdulg: 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2007
God is everyway on earth, but for uniqueness HE said we should face Kabba

Chapter : 2 (Al-Baqarah) Verse : 178

It is not righteousness that you turn your faces to the East or the West,
but truly righteous is he who believes in Allah and the Last Day and the angels and the Book
and the Prophets, and spends his money out of love for Him, on the kindred and the orphans
and the needy and the wayfarer and those who ask for charity, and for ransoming the captives;
and observes prayer and pays the Zakat; and those who fulfil their promise when they have made
one, and the patient in poverty and afflictions and the steadfast in the time of war; it is these who
have proved truthful and it is these who are truly God-Fearing.
Re: Why We Face The East In Prayer by abdulg: 1:03pm On Jun 08, 2007
The kabba

Chapter : 2 (Al-Baqarah) Verse : 126

And remember the time when We made the House a resort for mankind and a place of security; We said, 'Take ye the station of Abraham as a place of prayer.' And we commanded Abraham and Ishmael, saying, 'Purify My House for those who perform the circuit and for those who remain therein for devotion and those who bow down and fall prostrate in Prayer.'
Re: Why We Face The East In Prayer by barikade: 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2007
Topic: "Why We Face The East In Prayer"

@abdulg,

We've seen those verses before; but it still does not answer the question that is being pursued in another thread. Besides, the topic is misleading both to you and your fellow Muslims: it is not a question of facing the EAST; but of facing the Qiblah! If you're arguing for the EAST again, you will invite a whole fresh debate that has been scored and done with:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-53767.32.html#msg1123203

Please correct the topic, and offer us some reasonable answers to the question, if you may. Perhaps the Topic should rather read:

"Why We Face The Kaa'ba/Qiblah In Prayer"

Cheers.  smiley
Re: Why We Face The East In Prayer by abdulg: 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2007
well i have not seen the threand so am just post my if u have question ask me
Re: Why We Face The East In Prayer by barikade: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2007
abdulg:

well i have not seen the threand so am just post my if u have question ask me

Take a look at the other thread:

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-53767.0.html#msg1118617

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Religious Affiliation / Why Can We Xtians Say What We Belive? / A Word For Today To Encourage My Nigerian People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.