Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation (939 Views)

My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. / Boko Haram Resurrects, Declares Total Jihad - Please Pray For This Nation / Why We Face The East In Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by Tonyet1(m): 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2010
A fault creeps in, everyone sees it, majority ignores it, when the muster grows, it becomes an issue, few activists dances, critics talk big, masses points the leaders, leaders act dumb, and sadly no action is taken to kill it, when asked why, some call it diplomacy, masses call it the Nigeria factor, others say wisdom, which wisdom?, they say its the wisdom of our Fathers, wisdom of our Fathers you say or wisdom of foolishness.

Its no new thing that Nigerians are tagged merchants of cowardice. And cowardliness will perpetually prevail when the supposed Heads who lead the majorities refuse to rise to the occasion of national deliverance.

My case: Nigeria is a blessed entity of strong people no doubt, with richness in cultures diversified i am proud to be a citizen. Today we rank as the 18th most religious nation in the world (National scale magazine © - 2009) and considering the maxim that we are the largest black nation in the globe yet same time accoladed as amongst the most corrupt Nations of the world, One of the poorest Nation of the world, One of the most dangerous nation of the world, And now the latest We are among the list of Terrorist Nations in the globe.

One is poised to question what exactly is/are the roles of our spiritual leaders in Nations building. South Africa is a world celebrity today, many thanks to the few clerics like David Bosch, Carel Boshoff, desmond Tutu et al who rose to call evil - evil without fear for any mortal soul yet this they did in the Spirit of meekness, Love for God, Respect for Individual religions and of all who died did so with their Spiritual faith intact. US,UK, Germany, Japan, Saudi Arabia and many more are nations whose great history has a great appreciation to their spiritual leaders who helped to teach their sheep the values of Love, Justice, Mercy, sincerity and more in their little way.

Nigerians are well known religious people and with Christianity and Islamism as the two major religious Houses, It reveals virtually all our leaders whether Political, Banking, Educational, Social Elites, Entertainers, Oli/Gas et al either go to church on Sundays or Mosques on Fridays to SUBMIT THEMSELVES TO THE TEACHINGS OF THEIR SPIRITUAL LEADERS. embarassed embarassed

The Onus is this, if these clerics take the time to concentrate on

Matters of Love for One another: Then there will be a significant improvement in the way we relate with ourselves. Where there would be no Hausa, Fulani, Igbosian, nor Yoruba, nor Niger deltans, nor Middle belts. WE ALL WILL BE ONE NIGERIA, A NATION OF PEACE AND UNITY UNDER GOD.

If Matters of Patriotism were taught: Then a full acclaimed adult minister will not travel for holidays against the VPs order while the populace are lurking for petrol to talk of a few. 

If Matters of Values for Lives were taught intensively: Then Buku Haram would only be a fiction story and the suicide catel will die in infancy because Citizens will know the value of A LIFE angry angry

Matters of Sincerity and Faithfulness if taught too would not allow some silly thieves in the name of politicians to be diverting nation funds to their pockets or build  22nd century mega hospitals in a strange land not to talk of buying a whole street in Dubai for God knows what. angry angry

Rather what we go to church to get are sermons of 7 KEYS TO QUICK PROSPERITY, 21 PRAYER POINTS TO KILL WITCHES AND WIZARD, ANTI-ISLAMS ARE INFIDELS, MUHAMMED IS NOT JESUS, JESUS IS NOT MOHAMMED as so on. And this and many more they teach with so much passion you wonder if you're wrong for thinking the contrary. undecided

Gooooosh, the list can go on and thus i'll leave it for my fellows to say something so that we'll dont wake up one dawn and discovered we've been duly listed the "Physical Hell of The World."
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by jagunlabi(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2010
Blame not the clergy but the average religious nigerian who takes pride in being dumbed down by religions and their doctrines.

What should we expect from a nation full of people who have absolutely no belief in their own ability to build a functioning and prosperous civilization?

The white supremacists/racists of old were correct about us when they accused us of being feebleminded and incapable of creating and maintaining functioning civilizations without external assistance.We cannot stand on our own to live our lives successfully without the need for crutches.And those crutches are religious beliefs in whatever form or guise, and,boy, do we have them right up our behind!How so so embarrassing for us to have proven these despicable white supremacists right.

The clergies are the reflections of our failings.They see that we need crutches and they merrily provide them to us,  making a nice living doing it.They are there to remind us what a failure we are both as a people and as a race. When is the next miracle show? embarassed Absolutely embarrassing.

Yes, the saviour can't come soon enough to save us from choking on the suffocating stench of our failings.You all pray hard . . . cool
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by mazaje(m): 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2010
^^

ROTFLMAO. . . grin grin
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by rabbitfoot: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2010
Until they come to realization that REASONING is a better bargain than 'faith/believing' they need not to be pitied. Show no mercy to fools
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by Bearshare(m): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2010
And to say one of them was awarded the list of the 50 MOST INFLUENCIAL MEN ON EARTH yet in a terrorist nation is something one should weep about.

Not to talk about the Jet merchant whose cathedral ranks the BIGGEST ON EARTH. Yet all they do is talk big things and pour oil as though we were asking for one to fry dodo
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by jagunlabi(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2010
I wish i could find some humour in this rut we are in,mazaye, but i can't.This is killing us.Believing in God has not and will not solve our problems, but dig us deeper into the very depth of them.Only real deep belief in OURSELVES to make the difference will do the trick.

This is why religions and their doctrines of doom are so dangerously toxic to the human psyche.They make denigrading ourselves a virtue and not the vice that it really is.

Do you remember the christian song, "Amazing Grace"? That song even makes unconscious people call themselves "WRETCHES" via it's lyrics.

We really need to wake up and outgrow this mind virus while there is still time.Atleast to prove to those white supremacists that they are not right afterall.Our dismal situation is becoming more and more embarrassing by the day.It is really pathetic.

I remember the last time pope John Paul came to nigeria which i saw shown live on TV, and i saw a multitude of nigerian religious idiots falling over themselves to touch this man's papal frock for the hope of some kind of blessing!I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me up as i looked on with unbearable shame. . .
cry for my race.We've been hit real bad. sad
mazaje:

^^

ROTFLMAO. . . grin grin
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by mazaje(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2010
^^

We really have been hit REAL hard. . . . .
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by Tonyet1(m): 3:10pm On Jan 14, 2010
Mr.J,

Believing in One's God-given potential is not wrong, Believing and putting this potentials to work is also another thing not yet wrong. Everyone knows their potentials and this with its limits. That's not the issue at hand.

All Humans are by nature religious beings whether you like it or not, ask me how? When you were born, you did so thru' a family, whose conducts you were obliged to keep. This submission molded the very essence of your matured and supposed responsible being in a way or more whether you accept this fact or not makes no difference.

Howbeit now you are grown, you choose not to conform to some of the ethos as was taught you if not all together. Hence you're looking out for people and friends who share the same belief system and ideas as you with a code of conduct consciously or unconsciously. Now this to me is religion with a sect as grammatical prefix smiley wink.  So the idea of wading off religion for nations building should not come near. else i'll scream hypocrisy!

What we all want to know is How do you feel we all should address the issues our figure heads neglected either for fear of death or stu.pidity hence the tag "merchants of cowardice"Thanks
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by Zikkyy(m): 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2010
Tonye-t, what are you doing here? Dont tell me You're off-duty today grin grin you abandoned your cohorts in your favorite thread. I dont think they will be happy with you angry angry angry
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by jagunlabi(m): 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2010
Tonye-t:

Mr.J,

Believing in One's God-given potential is not wrong, Believing and putting this potentials to work is also another thing not yet wrong. Everyone knows their potentials and this with its limits. That's not the issue at hand.
Believe me, tonye-t, that is exactly what the issue is.The problem here is that we have been so programmed not to know our God-given potentials, what the limitations are, and how to utilise them to their fullest potential.We're so thoroughly programmed that we have to always look outside of ourselves for doing the smallest of things that are meant to serve US!Why?Because we have been made to believe that we cannot provide for ourselves that which we need to make us happy and whole.We are always looking up to someone or something above us(e.g. to some god or to the white race) to get what we should and could provide for ourselves, anybody else but ourselves.

The fact that we don't even know this for a fact is the end result of the programming regime that is well orchestrated and executed via religious doctrines.If you don't believe me, the next time you go to service, pay more attention at what is being preached from the pulpit and what the lyrics of the hymns are telling you.

Tonye-t:

Mr.J,
All Humans are by nature religious beings whether you like it or not, ask me how? When you were born, you did so thru' a family, whose conducts you were obliged to keep. This submission molded the very essence of your matured and supposed responsible being in a way or more whether you accept this fact or not makes no difference.
If this is true, how then could there be civilizations free of religion . . . like the scandinavians for example.I do not agree with this postulation of yours.

Tonye-t:

Mr.J,
Howbeit now you are grown, you choose not to conform to some of the ethos as was taught you if not all together. Hence you're looking out for people and friends who share the same belief system and ideas as you with a code of conduct consciously or unconsciously. Now this to me is religion with a sect as grammatical prefix smiley wink. So the idea of a wading off religion for nations building should not come near. else i'll scream hypocrisy!  

If i outgrow a religious doctrine that seeks to degrade me as a human being and stop me from recognizing my full potential and i rid myself of it, and i look to find and associate with likeminded people, then it does a whole lot for the issue of nation building because only such people can help build a nation to it's fullest glory.
Yes, it has everything to do with nation building, and there is nothing hypocritical with shedding the mind virus called religion and networking with people who are also free of such virus.People who are patriotic and willing to exploit their full potential for the benefit of their motherland are always a great asset to any nation.

Tonye-t:

Mr.J,

What we all want to know is How do you feel we all should address the issues our figure heads neglected either for fear of death or stu.pidity the tag "merchants of cowardice"Thanks

Each one of us should ask ourselves how we are contributing into the perpetuation of the stagnation in which our nation finds itself.It is no use pointing blaming fingers at others and extricating ourselves from the collective blame or responsibilities.We are all in this together and we are all doing it together.

We are what we believe and our collective beliefs create our collective reality.Unfortunately,at the present moment, our collective reality is the abysmal situation in which our dear nation is in and we are all to blame, so we need to change that.

Victim mentality(which is the psychological state we are in right now) always create victim circumstances, which,in this case, is a very badly run nation.Religions have been an incredibly effective tool in installing, running and maintaining this "victim mentality" programme that is running inside our heads righ now and we need to uninstall, get rid of the old programme and install new and better one.There is no other way.
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by Tonyet1(m): 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2010
jagunlabi:

tonye-t, The problem here is that we have been so programmed not to know our God-given potentials, what the limitations are, and how to utilise them to their fullest potential.We're so thoroughly programmed that we have to always look outside of ourselves for doing the smallest of things that are meant to serve US!Why?Because we have been made to believe that we cannot provide for ourselves that which we need to make us happy and whole.We are always looking up to someone or something above us(e.g. to some god or to the white race) to get what we should and could provide for ourselves, anybody else but ourselves.

[size=20pt]first[/size]

J,

1. I still dont think you get it! First of all i m glad you've acknowledged the fact that the potentials are GOD-GIVEN and STILL YET WITH LIMITATIONS. And that's exactly where a teacher or someone deemed as higher to help is brought in which is where teachers like our clergies come in. My own problem remains the fact that WE THE POPULACE GO TO THIS SO-CALLED CLERICS TO LEARN how to live decent lives and relate with our God and our fellow man which are first the two bedrocks for national development. Yet they misinform the people or will i say distract the people from the weightier matters and focus their strengths and resources on God knows what.

2. I still believe in the school of thought that "yeah, everyone has got potentials, but without the right orientations such will be likened unto a Hunter with Gun in the midst of games but went home hungry"

3. J my brother your acceptance or rejection of the simple fact about religion is irrelevant especially when its been spewed thru' biases. Religionin its virginity is good, why? becomes it brings people of different background together under a common platform to learn and reason. But the lessons taught them in the gathering is what should raise eye-brows. What is Religion? you should ask, because in simple and concise Oxford explanation means the "pursuit or interest followed with great devotion". You and me are here in NL to share views this to me is RELIGION becos right here some could be misinformed to kill, while yet another informed to develop. so what should matter is to point hands to the moderators when they see acts contrary to the rules of the forum rather than form dumb and watch violence take its hale WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT OUR SPIRITUAL LEADERS ARE FAILING TO DO.
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by Tonyet1(m): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2010
jagunlabi:

The fact that we don't even know this for a fact is the end result of the programming regime that is well orchestrated and executed via religious doctrines.If you don't believe me, the next time you go to service, pay more attention at what is being preached from the pulpit and what the lyrics of the hymns are telling you.
If this is true, how then could there be civilizations free of religion . . . like the scandinavians for example.I do not agree with this postulation of yours.

[size=20pt]Secondly [/size]

Is it that you dont believe that every human on this earth is a RELIGIOUS ENTITY? Religious entity in the sense that you pledge an allegiance to a conduct called CONDUCT, TRADITION, LIVING either consciously or otherwise.

Take this or leave it - YOUR COLOR AS A BLACK MAN FROM BIRTH AUTOMATICALLY KEEPS YOU AS CLASSEFIATIONE DE' BLACK meaning He is born to think like the black except for any human alteration by omission or commission. Quote me!
[/color]

jagunlabi:

If i outgrow a religious doctrine that seeks to degrade me as a human being and stop me from recognizing my full potential and i rid myself of it, and i look to find and associate with likeminded people, then it does a whole lot for the issue of nation building because only such people can help build a nation to it's fullest glory

[color=#000099]So what would you call this new gathering of likeminded people. Just a straight answer will do! Also if you outgrow One religion then congrates because you've just been graduated to a HIGHER RELIGION. How does that feel. Religion is part of you and you are part of Religion. Deal with it.Bro!
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by seunbroda: 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2010
Thank God my pastor teaches us all you wrote up there. except his additional prosperity teachings grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by jagunlabi(m): 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2010
Tonye-t:

[size=20pt]first[/size]

J,

1. I still dont think you get it! First of all i m glad you've acknowledged the fact that the potentials are GOD-GIVEN and STILL YET WITH LIMITATIONS. And that's exactly where a teacher or someone deemed as higher to help is brought in which is where teachers like our clergies come in.

Don't get me wrong, when i say, GOD-GIVEN right, the GOD i am referring to is NOT the biblical entity bandied by christians as the creator.To me, HE IS NOT.You and i are not on the same page if you think that that is the same entity i referred to as God, just to clear that one up, first and foremost.

The human limitations are there because we are evolving beings, meaning that these limitations are also part of that evolutionary flux.Everything in the universe is in a ceaseless and relentless evolutionary flux.Meaning that these human limitations are supposed to be continually pushed further and further apart, expanding the borders of these limitations to allow us to grow more and more in spirit, mentally, physically and intellectually. 

What the clergies end up doing is to work against the evolutionary impulse of the universe by trying to put a stop to that evolutionary spiritual growth and expansion of human capabilities by keeping a lid on our limitations or at worst, contracting them wherever possible.Clergies are supposed to expand us not contract or stop us entirely, something which the clergies have ben doing to mankind for millenia.

Present day clergies are no teachers because they have nothing to give mankind.They are not trained for that purpose.Their main function is to keep a lid on our spiritual evolution and by so doing dumb us down into non-thinking automatons and spiritual and intellectual morons.That is what they were and are still being trained for.

Clergies as teachers?NO, THEY ARE NOT.
Re: Clergies Are To Be Blamed For The Problems We Face In This Nation by ilosiwaju: 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2010
I think the gullible masses are to be blamed. Like jagunlabi rightly said, the clergies recognise the need of the masses to hold on to something and hence exploit that for personal gains such as power and wealth. To say clergies should be blamed for Nigeria's problems is quite overrating them in my opinion because they are not our caretakers,just hypnotists.
We rely too much on religion and we seem to be sinking fast. Pat Robertson said haiti's pact with the deveil caused the earthquake and as if that was not crazy enough, we have Nigerians here on nairaland supporting that claim, c'mon!
If we purge ourselves of this mental slavery and take charge of our lives, things will begin to fall into place. The G.O.s/bishops etc will gradually go into extinction cos if there are no buyers naturally there will be no sellers.

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Christianity Are Both The Same. / Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? / Churches Of The Antichrist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.