Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,487 members, 7,826,838 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) (9022 Views)

Men Watching Big Buttocks While Driving, Cause Of Most Crashes In Ghana - Offici / All Travellers Arriving Nigeria Must Provide Evidence Of COVID Vaccination / Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 04, 2020
I pity all of you that have never travelled of Nigeria before and having believe that ,the shit hole country will become great or is giant of Africa. A proverb says 'a village where everyone is blind,a man with 1 eye is a king'. I'm not saying u should come here to canafa or USA to verify. You can go to other west Africa countries or visit any country and see how it is. Naira is dead.
1usd = 400 naira
1usd = 5.8 cedis
People are still arguing that naira is stronger or has more value than cedis. Naira is not in top 20 African strongest currencies. Yes African leaders are dead but naija leaders carry first for corruption

1 Like

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by Breezy90(m): 11:46pm On May 04, 2020
But someone just explained the purchasing power of the Cedis compared to the naira here even with clear examples, and you all are still arguing with him. Sometimes it is unwise to quote some people cause they just won’t listen
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by kkins25(m): 2:36am On May 05, 2020
What blood ypurchasing powe are they talking about here?

I'm staying in my village here with 24/7 hours of light and water supply. When cities in naija are struggling with 8hoirs per day.

Ghana is just a better economy abeg, in every ramification.

Education and health have passed naija by far..

The government is much much more trustworthy. Electricity industry is much much organised. Every single house if you like be in the remote jungles of sambisa, you muat have readable meter and pay youre bills like every one else. You need to see how Electric agents plead when they have miscalculated your bill.

Make una stop all this long talk of online stats abeg. Life is better of hear. I am considering dashing my naija nationality out self. Vaxx dat reminds me.

Ps. I exaggerated a bit grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by kkins25(m): 2:39am On May 05, 2020
bigglenn12:
I pity all of you that have never travelled of Nigeria before and having believe that ,the shit hole country will become great or is giant of Africa. A proverb says 'a village where everyone is blind,a man with 1 eye is a king'. I'm not saying u should come here to canafa or USA to verify. You can go to other west Africa countries or visit any country and see how it is. Naira is dead.
1usd = 400 naira
1usd = 5.8 cedis
People are still arguing that naira is stronger or has more value than cedis. Naira is not in top 20 African strongest currencies. Yes African leaders are dead but naija leaders carry first for corruption
No mind them.. Purchasing power my ass. Naija is living on past glory.
I was amazed at how the citizens cooperated with government to tackle the pandemic.. Im telling if only i knew, i should have moved to ghana long time ago. If yoi can earn 500ghana cedis and live outside of major cities like accra city, mehn youre rich.

1 Like

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by Cousin9999: 3:05am On May 05, 2020
When you got off the plane, did they greet you like this:

[img]https://artbecomesyou.files./2013/02/tumblr_miktrismpu1ro3xkao1_400-1.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by mrphysics(m): 6:23am On May 05, 2020
Noisyrians:
I don’t even understand what this man is saying ooh. You said it took years to register a company in Ghana and I am telling it is not true. Ask any nigerian living in Ghana if what you are saying is true. I told you I registered a company in Ghana in 2010 and it took me less than six hours and you are saying it’s not true? I don’t need to check any link to anything because I am in Ghana. You living in Nigeria wants to tell me you know more about what is happening in Ghana than me who lives here?

Can you quote where I said it will take years to register a company in Ghana? If you can't, then stop arguing because it seems like you are just making irrelevant argument.
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by Cousin9999: 7:00am On May 05, 2020
Ghana population: 30M
Nigeria population: 200M

Ghana ethnic groups: 100
Nigeria ethnic groups: 300

You can't compare any nations with this big of a difference. It's like the UK (67M) and the US (300M). It's like Canada (40M) and the US.
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by frankmoney(m): 7:08am On May 05, 2020
Noisyrians:
What you posted is nonsense. Absolute nonsense! If you are smart, you will drop this foolishness. Nigeria’s economy in the past few years is a complete disaster! On all indices, Ghana is far ahead of Nigeria. Name one area that Nigeria is doing better than Ghana?

the provide proof to back your claim
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by frankmoney(m): 7:10am On May 05, 2020
Breezy90:
But someone just explained the purchasing power of the Cedis compared to the naira here even with clear examples, and you all are still arguing with him. Sometimes it is unwise to quote some people cause they just won’t listen
that's why I stopped arguing with some Nigerians .

2 Likes

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by edoairways: 8:30am On May 05, 2020
puremaker7:
Look at this one, i'm talking about quality of life here.

70% of nigerians live below the poverty line,
while just 24% live below poverty line in Ghana.
In Ghana 92% people living in urban have access to a stable electricity while only 55% of people living in Nigeria urban cities have access to an Electricity
Where did you get this information from?
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by Memberclub(m): 11:01am On May 05, 2020
Why do we give these Ghanaians chance to argue with us?

Don't give them attention
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by DonroxyII: 10:08am On May 08, 2020
Chuchu27:

If you want to know the real value of the Ghanaian Cedis, add four zeros to the amount of the currency figure being displayed . On paper the cedi might seem strong but that is the essence of re-domination, it is mostly for ease of transaction and aesthetic . With the new Ghanaian Cedi issued in 2007, four zeros were removed while the value of the currency remains the same . In actuality, 1 cedi = 10,000 Ghanaian Cedis .

50 cedis is actually 500,000 cedis and so on . Nigeria dabbled with the idea of redominating our currency but decided against it ,if we had done so , 1000 naira would’ve been say N10 , which doesn’t change what N1000 would’ve gotten you before
grin .... if u tell them from now till tomo oo ... den no go hear so don't frustrate yaself ....

Na like dis u go talk am : ... e go enter wellwell ... Reason why Aboki no dey go school na Turenshi .... Oyinbo self na small of dem dey go school ... abeg ....

if Nigeria should remove two zeros from 1000 and it become 10 naira ... Now if you buy a phone
for #30 after removing two zeros from #3,000 ... everybody go tear laugh say phone is cheap ooo .... Phone is #30 in Nigeria....

But the effort you would have to put in place to make that #30 is the same effort you would have to put in place to make #3,000 ...

grin .... #30 would now not be as cheap to make as it is now .... u go work well well to make that #30 .... The work wey a Nigerian go do to collect #200 na small work ..... if a Ghanaian should do the same work na 10cedis dem go give am....

Ghanaian would do more to earn that 200cedis ...
......... Nigerian would do less to make #200 .... So definitely 200cedis go pass #200 grin ...

and 1cedis go pass 1 naira grin
10cedis go pass 10Naira ...

e no mean say Ghana pass Nigeria .... e mean say wahala wey u go do to make 1cedis is more than wahala wey u go do to make 1naira ... Shikom ma people !!

That is why when they pay 200cedis to a Ghanaian he will be happy ........... The wahala he do to make that 200cedis is the same wahala for 20,000cedis before two zeros was removed from cedis .... If a Nigerian should do that kain work and u give am 200 naira .... Una go enter street and fight unaself scatter .... Blood go comot.

We need to learn how to communicate to ourselves ..... The day our Government does this with Infrastructure and social amenities , the day we start developing .... We are stagnant presently ... no need to sugarcoat.

Pidgin should be legalised as a primary means of communication .... or even our local dialect .... All these big big economics English no go work for an average Nigerian ....

How could you say Purchasing Power to somebody who has never attend economics class grin ... Even many that attend only know formula and how to calculate and pass ... What these indices are saying ... we don't know ...

The people that taught us self dem no know am ... den just teach us, set exam and mark am ... if u write wetin he know teach u , u go score zero ... grin

cc
puremaker7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by bestpunterever: 10:20am On May 08, 2020
DonroxyII:
grin .... You can't argue with Dumbass.... if u tell them from now till tomo oo ... den no go hear so don't frustrate yaself ....

if Nigeria should remove two zeros from 1000 and it become 10 naira ... Now if you buy a phone
for #30 after removing two zeros from #3,000 ... everybody go tear laugh say phone is cheap ooo .... Phone is #30 in Nigeria....

But the effort you would have to put in place to make that #30 is the same effort you would have to put in place to make #3,000 ...

grin .... #30 would now not be as cheap to make as it is now .... u go work well well to make that #30 .... The work wey a Nigerian go do to collect #200 na small work ..... if a Ghanaian should do the same work na 10cedis dem go give am....

Ghanaian would do more to earn that 200cedis .....

That is why when they pay 200cedis to a Ghanaian he will be happy ..... The wahala he do to make that 200cedis is the same wahala for 20,000cedis before two zeros was removed from cedis ....

We need to learn how to communicate to Nigerians ..... The day our Government does this with Infrastructure and social amenities , the day we start developing ....

Pidgin should be legalised as a primary means of communication .... or even our local dialect .... All these big big economics English no go work for an average Nigeria ....

How could you say Purchasing Power to somebody who has never attend economics class grin

cc
puremaker7
The problem with most of guys is that you are very deluded and u have never travelled out of your mother houses before, so when you hear Giant of africa, you turn to mumu..
how can you compare a country with a 24Hrs power supply to country where your only source of charging ordinary your gadgets is bet9ja shops..
idiots like you now talking about purchasing power, is price of Coca Cola in USA is the same as Nigeria?
is cost of getting apartment in UK is the same as nigeria?
Ghana is better than Nigeria, now go and die..

3 Likes

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by DonroxyII: 10:30am On May 08, 2020
bestpunterever:
The problem with most of guys is that you are very deluded and u have never travelled out of your mother houses before, so when you hear Giant of africa, you turn to mumu..
how can you compare a country with a 24Hrs power supply to country where your only source of charging ordinary your gadgets is bet9ja shops..
idiots like you now talking about purchasing power, is price of Coca Cola in USA is the same as Nigeria?
Oga, Abeg carry ya life frustration go front as me and you no get Quarrel before now ....

We ain't comparing infrastructure but currency ...

Nigeria is underdeveloped same as Ghana....

But resize Nigeria to Ghana in terms of population and landmass .... Nigeria still pass Ghana 100% .... tongue ....

30M people is not same as 200M ....
Ghana 92k sq land mass is not same as 923k sq land mass

I can assumingly tell you 30M Nigerians are living better life than 30M Ghanaians.... tongue

Thus 170M Nigerians are living poor life .... Ok !!

Also 92,000sq in Nigeria has access to better infrastructure and Amenities than the entire 92,000 sq In Ghana grin

If you want to compare , U have to bring them size to size then compare ..... grin

Bro, u dey vex and hot ooo .... if life tire you , u fit comot via suicide na grin

3 Likes

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by DonroxyII: 10:45am On May 08, 2020
puremaker7:
so if I give you 100 cede now or 100 naira
which one will you take?
But the wahala u do to make that 100 cedis is more than Wahala u go do to make 100naira ...... u know u won't do wahala in Nigeria to make #100 ...

even if u enter street and call a Secondary school Nigerian boy and beg am, e go dash you 100Naira grin .... A Ghanaian may not easily dash u 100cedis na ... grin

So 100cedis will be more than 100naira since u do more to make 100cedis grin
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by bestpunterever: 12:50pm On May 08, 2020
DonroxyII:
Oga, Abeg carry ya life frustration go front as me and you no get Quarrel before now ....

We ain't comparing infrastructure but currency ...

Nigeria is underdeveloped same as Ghana....

But resize Nigeria to Ghana in terms of population and landmass .... Nigeria still pass Ghana 100% .... tongue ....

30M people is not same as 200M ....
Ghana 92k sq land mass is not same as 923k sq land mass

I can assumingly tell you 30M Nigerians are living better life than 30M Ghanaians.... tongue

Thus 170M Nigerians are living poor life .... Ok !!

Also 92,000sq in Nigeria has access to better infrastructure and Amenities than the entire 92,000 sq In Ghana grin

If you want to compare , U have to bring them size to size then compare ..... grin

Bro, u dey vex and hot ooo .... if life tire you , u fit comot via suicide na grin
ode life tired me? if you need money just drop your account below make I show you love, na weiting I dey do everyday..
fools like you always belief Nigeria is bad because of population..
and again have you ever travelled out of nigeria before?
when you travelled out you can come back here to argue

1 Like

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by bestpunterever: 12:52pm On May 08, 2020
DonroxyII:
But the wahala u do to make that 100 cedis is more than Wahala u go do to make 100naira ...... u know u won't do wahala in Nigeria to make #100 ...

even if u enter street and call a Secondary school Nigerian boy and beg am, e go dash you 100Naira grin .... A Ghanaian may not easily dash u 100cedis na ... grin

So 100cedis will be more than 100naira since u do more to make 100cedis grin
The wahala you go do before you make 100naira is not the same wahala you go do to make 100 USD too

1 Like

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by DonroxyII: 1:14pm On May 08, 2020
bestpunterever:
ode life tired me? if you need money just drop your account below make I show you love, na weiting I dey do everyday..
Nigga na u win ... Thanks for the money offer though ... we self dey give ... grin ... Find people nearest that need it better ... cheesy
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by DonroxyII: 1:14pm On May 08, 2020
bestpunterever:
The wahala you go do before you make 100naira is not the same wahala you go do to make 100 USD too
Na so u jump from Ghana enter US grin ... grin ... Madmen everywhere tongue

Alright Chairman ... U win Gbam Gbos !!
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by bestpunterever: 1:20pm On May 08, 2020
DonroxyII:
Na so u jump from Ghana enter US grin ... grin ... Madmen everywhere tongue

Alright Chairman ... U win Gbam Gbos !!
Lol, wereh
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by bestpunterever: 1:23pm On May 08, 2020
DonroxyII:
Nigga na u win ... Thanks for the money offer though ... we self dey give ... grin ... Find people nearest that need it better ... cheesy
you welcome, but if you become broke in the nearest future you can get to me the offer will be open forever, Lol.
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by DonroxyII: 1:29pm On May 08, 2020
bestpunterever:
you welcome, but if you become broke in the nearest future you can get to me the offer will be open forever, Lol.
Anybody wey u see dey shout broke broke broke up and da na poverty dey worry dem ... grin ...

Anyway, Thanks for d care ... I will definitely reach out if d need be grin
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by DonroxyII: 1:29pm On May 08, 2020
bestpunterever:
Lol, wereh
grin .. No be only u craze pass na tongue
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by bestpunterever: 1:30pm On May 08, 2020
DonroxyII:
grin .. No be only u craze pass na tongue
Na so my guy

1 Like

Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by yellowgarri2(m): 4:59pm On May 08, 2020
bestpunterever:
I need money bro, make I drop my Aza?
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by yellowgarri2(m): 5:01pm On May 08, 2020
DonroxyII:
I need money. Make I drop my azaa? ...
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by Flytime: 12:11am On May 09, 2020
Chuchu27:

If you want to know the real value of the Ghanaian Cedis, add four zeros to the amount of the currency figure being displayed . On paper the cedi might seem strong but that is the essence of re-domination, it is mostly for ease of transaction and aesthetic . With the new Ghanaian Cedi issued in 2007, four zeros were removed while the value of the currency remains the same . In actuality, 1 cedi = 10,000 Ghanaian Cedis .

50 cedis is actually 500,000 cedis and so on . Nigeria dabbled with the idea of redominating our currency but decided against it ,if we had done so , 1000 naira would’ve been say N10 , which doesn’t change what N1000 would’ve gotten you before
I totally understand you which means if someone is earning 500000 before it'll become 5000 but the rent of let's say 200k is now 2000 which still removes the same percentage from the salary.i'm I right?
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by edoairways: 8:57am On May 09, 2020
Chuchu27:

This was proposed by the former Central Bank Governor Charles Soludo?
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by edoairways: 8:59am On May 09, 2020
psucc:
All these arguments does not promote our Naira.

We only have narrowed this thread to monetary value but Ghana still remains a mile ahead the ant of Africa - Nigeria taking other parameters into consideration.
The poster started with monetary value first hence the criticism.
Re: Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) by Evidenx(m): 5:39pm On May 09, 2020
Ghana nor better pass nigeria, but una nor dey finish for there.
whether u like it or not, when it comes to security ,electricity and standard of living, ghana is better than nigeria,is not as if they are richer but they have better leadership than nigeria.

for currency, cedi is bigger, whether they remove two zero's or not. that one nor concern me...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World's Longest Non-Stop Flights / Asmara (eritrea Capital City) Pictures / Nigerians Living In Brazil (rio De Janeiro)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.