Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries (512 Views)

Pay Us Our January Salaries, Nigerian Federal Workers Lament / Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses / Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by ottalo: 5:57am On May 04, 2020
George Onyejiuwa, Owerri

Imo State workers have appealed to Governor Hope Uzodimma to pay them their three months salaries.

They said despite the directive by the governor that workers should be paid before the end of every month, they were yet to receive their February to April salaries.

They lamented that the none payment of salaries have compounded their plight in the face of the partial lockdown of the state to curtail the spread of COVID-19.

Chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Austin Chilakpu, said workers in 19 parastatals and agencies were affected in the unpaid salaries.

Chilakpu listed the agencies to include Imo Broadcasting Corporation (IBC), Agriculture Development Programme (ADP), Imo State Water Corporation, Imo State Poverty Alleviation Bureau, primary and secondary school teachers.

Others are Imo State University, Imo State Polytechnic, Imo State Library Board, Imo State Universal Basic Education Board, Imo State Secondary Education Board, and Imo Tourism Board.

Chilakpu called on Governor Uzodimma to direct the office of the Accountant General of the state to release the salaries of workers in the affected agencies and institutions.

Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba, however, said it was the agencies that were delaying efforts to clear the backlog of the workers salaries as they were not giving the government the necessary cooperation in an ongoing audit to authenticate genuine beneficiaries from ghost workers.

Source: sunnewsonline
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Airforce1(m): 5:58am On May 04, 2020
That's very bad

1 Like

Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by piggyyeaster(f): 6:02am On May 04, 2020
Emeka ihedioha should be held responsible
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by helinues: 6:05am On May 04, 2020
shocked

It be like no Hope for Imolites oo
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by seankafor(m): 6:07am On May 04, 2020
Nonsense and ingredients embarassed
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:08am On May 04, 2020
piggyyeaster:
Too much Amala is not good for your brain

6 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by UJDelight: 6:13am On May 04, 2020
Almost same thing with Edo state. Their civil servants salaries was short paid last month.
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Zendinho(m): 6:15am On May 04, 2020
Is there any HOPE for hopeless civil servants in Imo state governed by hopelessly installed supreme court?

When things falls apart, the center cannot hold.
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Macphenson: 7:11am On May 04, 2020
Hope
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 7:11am On May 04, 2020
Ghen ghen
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by AkunaAtakasi1: 7:30am On May 04, 2020
[s]
piggyyeaster:
[/s]
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Sammy07: 7:31am On May 04, 2020
Airforce1:
That's very bad

Longest time
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Airforce1(m): 7:33am On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Longest time
Lol I dey boss
But on a low key

Good morning .
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by donbachi(m): 7:37am On May 04, 2020
Wasted one hundred days in office.
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Sammy07: 7:37am On May 04, 2020
Airforce1:

Lol I dey boss
But on a low key

Good morning .
Nah you joor.
Coronavirus hid us, thank God we're free today.
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Airforce1(m): 7:40am On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Nah you joor.
Coronavirus hid us, thank God we're free today.

Na so .

I don get my face mask and ready for my hustle . And i know you don get yours too.
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Sammy07: 7:45am On May 04, 2020
Airforce1:

Na so .

I don get my face mask and ready for my hustle . And i know you don get yours too.

Naso, same here.
It's to( ..... ) to fail Amen.
I've forgotten that your slang grin
Re: Imo Workers Lament 3 Months Unpaid Salaries by Airforce1(m): 7:47am On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Naso, same here.
It's to( ..... ) to fail Amen.
I've forgotten that your slang grin

"It is too late to fail Amen"

Lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Haulage Truck Filled With Passengers Intercepted In Edo State / Federal Government Complete Bridge Linking IMO And Anambra Communities (photo) / Kwankwaso Begins The Distribution Of Palliatives To All 44 LGA In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.