Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses (16799 Views)

This Is No Time For Strike Threats, NURTW Tells NLC / Anambra Workers Defy Soludo’s Directive Against Sit-At-Home / Jubilation, As Ihedioha Pays Full Salaries To Imo Workers, Implements 100% Salar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by CilicMarin: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2023
Our correspondent who monitors the strike, reports that workers defied the order of the labour union as the gates to the secretariat were wide opened for workers.

Several workers were seen at the various duty posts discussing the outcome of the governorship election which was won by Governor Hope Uzodimma for another four-year term.

Also, all the banks in the state attended to their customers, but some courts complied with the directive as some litigants who were not aware of the strike came to the court to hear their cases.

At Douglas Road, Wetheral Road, and Bank Road, people were seen transacting businesses in the banks along these axes.

However, at some of the federal establishments such as Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) and Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, workers stayed away from the offices.

https://thenationonlineng.net/imo-workers-defy-nlc-call-for-strike-as-banks-open-for-businesses/

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by CilicMarin: 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
Who wan collect beating? grin grin

44 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Tracka: 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Seriously, no be where their presido was beaten?

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by CilicMarin: 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Wahalai, Tinubu dey fall my hand.. angry angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Christistruth03: 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Lobatan

The same Imo they said they are striking over

Joe Ajaero cannot be calling NLC National Strike just because his favourite Candidate lost the Imo Governorship Elections .
Those before him didn’t treat the NLC Organisation as an Ethnic Union

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by MadamExcellency: 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
When are Bank Workers called Imo State workers?

Is there any Bank employee that receives a salary from the Imo State government?

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Christistruth03: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Even the Imo State Workers are at Work

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by perfectsusanoo(m): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Ororo no be crude oil, pussy cat no be tiger, monkey no be chimpanzee.
work o work o. gutter no be 4 monkey o.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by helinues: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
Chai

Bundled and Beating again on the flopped strike.

May we not Labour in vain in life oo. Big Amen

grin

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by SyrusdeHansome(m): 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
Let them continue, e go affect everybody.
Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by inoki247: 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
You see the stupid people they're shutting down other state on dere behalf....

Na IMo State Govt NLC av issues with that's where dere chairman colet beating dey should direct dere anger dere why trying to force other state to suffer for what they know nothing about....

12 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Goodvibes007: 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2023
Christistruth03:
Lobatan

The same Imo they said they are striking over

Joe Ajaero cannot be calling NLC National Strike just because his favourite Candidate lost the Imo Governorship Elections .
Those before him didn’t treat the NLC Organisation as an Ethnic Union
Welcome to Nigeria.

Ajaero should just obtain a labour party ticket in 2027.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by UgoFly: 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2023
What kind of rubbish headlines is this? Even in your write up you stated that schools and courts are shutdown but because few banks are open you are saying Imo workers defy protest. Radarada.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Hollyharjii: 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
It is what is it
Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by CoronaVirusPro: 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
Great Imolites!

The class of prestigious people who know what's best for them and their State.

Long live Imo State

Long live The Federal Republic of Nigeria

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
We talk am............. ❤️ 😍 💖

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Isobug: 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
CilicMarin:

https://thenationonlineng.net/imo-workers-defy-nlc-call-for-strike-as-banks-open-for-businesses/
Lies ...... There's total strike here. Even private hospital that I went to looks as though they joined because it was only 2 nurses I saw, the 4 doctors of the hospital were even nowhere to be found

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
Goodvibes007:

Welcome to Nigeria.
Ajaero should just obtain a labour party ticket in 2027.
Gbamsolutely!!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Khyrvxjzy: 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
v
Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by StraightGaay: 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Fucking lesbo has always been my fantasy.
Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by qtx(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by mactoni91(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Lol...

They have activated the usual propaganda to divide the union with tribal sentiments.

We know una antics.

Y'all want us to think this strike is only happening in the Southwest.

Shame on y'all

6 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Angelfrost(m): 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
Banks are not directly under NLC and TUC... At least, that was what my friends working in major banks told me.

They are private companies, I think.

What I fail to understand is why TCN and EEDC will keep the state in darkness for over 2 weeks... What does Joe Ajaero enjoy in using electricity outages to stress his people's lives??!

Other states fit get light steady during the nationwide strike, but EEDC will never fail to cut off Imo state.

As much as I am against the brutality meted out on the Union Leader, the man needs to seriously take his eyes off the Imo State Government House... Whatever personal issues he has with Uzodinma, he should sort it out without dragging the entire state into it under the guise of unionism.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by DKM123: 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nairaland paid APC propagandaist scrambling to earn thier crumbs as usual. They have told them in thier WhatsApp group to flood Nairaland with all kinds of threads about the strike grin

It's the gullible citizens that cannot see beyond thier noses and always fall for you people's BS that I blame sha.
Left to me alone, none of you paid propagandaist will have a job cos una no go see mugu wey go fall for you magas to chop.

See how they focused on bankers who work in PRIVATE FIRMS.

6 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by PrinceGallant: 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Is there any Bank employee that receives a salary from the Imo State government?

And those bankers in Lagos and Abuja are Imo workers? Oh, they are collecting salaries from Imo state government. You don't understand the matter

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Eriggs: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
Angelfrost:
Banks are not directly under NLC and TUC... At least, that was what my friends working in major banks told me.

They are private companies, I think.
Banks have been joining all the prior strikes before you were born,
Na u little boy go come dey tell us now say the banks have been wrong all along.
Enemy of Nigeria.
Na dat strike dem want, shame on you and yours.
People wey no even get work sef dey put mouth for strike matter laug 🙄 🤣 😂

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by DesChyko: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
In all of those letters issued by those bodies, which one are these bankers actively a part of?

2 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by truthfinder319: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
Ipob party failed.
Hope for Imo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses by Chispa: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
supreme court governor in action

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Foils Suicide Attack In Adamawa By Woman With Explosives In Handbag / Heads To Roll Over Kuje Prison Jailbreak, Dambazau Weighs In / DSS Denies Involvement In Maina’s Reinstatement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.