Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

You Can Use Local Chickens For Breeding/hatching Turkey, Duck, Guinea Fowl Eggs - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / You Can Use Local Chickens For Breeding/hatching Turkey, Duck, Guinea Fowl Eggs (1403 Views)

Lab Grown Chickens For Sale In The US / My Pet Project: Is It Economically Feasible To Rear Local Chickens Commercially? / For Sale, Local Chickens For Breeding/hatching Turkey, Guinea Fowl Eggs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Use Local Chickens For Breeding/hatching Turkey, Duck, Guinea Fowl Eggs by akinsolaolubi: 8:38am On May 04, 2020
WONDERING WHY LOCAL CHICKENS RIGHT?, so I started my farm ( I call it a practical farm) cause I decided to try out strictly things other people have condemned or shy’d out from. I bought 40 local chickens in total, I couldn’t find somewhere to buy all 40 at once and I wanted chickens with very good chickens with good genes.

searched for someone who rears local chickens strictly and I met a old woman, she sold me 20 twice, I got a noiler rooster and a white Cockrel rooster.

On disregarded the fact that they were very resistant to diseases and I administered antibiotics for a few days, I feed them guinea corn and normal corn morning and evening, well to cut the long story short, I have 190 chickens after 8 months, I’ve sold some chickens cause I didn’t wanna keep cocks.

I later added a local rooster to the flock cause some Hausa men visit my farm often and need strictly cocks for chicken babq, the numbers of my guinea fowls and ducks has also increased thanks to the hens incubating their eggs.

If you are thinking of venturing into this, I advice you not to buy chickens from different places to get a large number, get all your chickens from the same place, that way, you can be 100 percent sure of their health and fertility, Most of the hens sold in the market were brought cause they either don’t lay, or have bad mothering attitude,

Advantages in choosing local chickens for farming

* They are self-sustaining i.e. can raise their own replacement stock.
* They are hardy birds that can survive hard conditions.
* Management requirements are not critical as those of commercial exotic breeds.
* They are immune to some diseases and parasites.

My farm is in ilorn, if you need to buy local chickens to re-breed or local cocks to eat ( you can’t compare the boilers and Cockrel’s tastes to theirs),
just Send a Message on what’s app 08172940307
Call -08033972508
Instagram - @kingkoreyfarms

Re: You Can Use Local Chickens For Breeding/hatching Turkey, Duck, Guinea Fowl Eggs by akinsolaolubi: 9:00am On May 04, 2020
Some products from our improvised native chicken breeding

Re: You Can Use Local Chickens For Breeding/hatching Turkey, Duck, Guinea Fowl Eggs by akinsolaolubi: 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
I love to bring you reviews of our POL chickens as well as reviews of our farm visitors

Re: You Can Use Local Chickens For Breeding/hatching Turkey, Duck, Guinea Fowl Eggs by akinsolaolubi: 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
We love both positive and negative reviews but above we love the positive the most

Re: You Can Use Local Chickens For Breeding/hatching Turkey, Duck, Guinea Fowl Eggs by akinsolaolubi: 10:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Another satisfied visitor

Re: You Can Use Local Chickens For Breeding/hatching Turkey, Duck, Guinea Fowl Eggs by akinsolaolubi: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
WONDERING WHY LOCAL CHICKENS RIGHT?, so I started my farm ( I call it a practical farm) cause I decided to try out strictly things other people have condemned or shy’d out from. I bought 40 local chickens in total, I couldn’t find somewhere to buy all 40 at once and I wanted chickens with very good chickens with good genes.

searched for someone who rears local chickens strictly and I met a old woman, she sold me 20 twice, I got a noiler rooster and a white Cockrel rooster.

On disregarded the fact that they were very resistant to diseases and I administered antibiotics for a few days, I feed them guinea corn and normal corn morning and evening, well to cut the long story short, I have 190 chickens after 8 months, I’ve sold some chickens cause I didn’t wanna keep cocks.

I later added a local rooster to the flock cause some Hausa men visit my farm often and need strictly cocks for chicken babq, the numbers of my guinea fowls and ducks has also increased thanks to the hens incubating their eggs.

If you are thinking of venturing into this, I advice you not to buy chickens from different places to get a large number, get all your chickens from the same place, that way, you can be 100 percent sure of their health and fertility, Most of the hens sold in the market were brought cause they either don’t lay, or have bad mothering attitude,

Advantages in choosing local chickens for farming

* They are self-sustaining i.e. can raise their own replacement stock.
* They are hardy birds that can survive hard conditions.
* Management requirements are not critical as those of commercial exotic breeds.
* They are immune to some diseases and parasites.

My farm is in ilorn, if you need to buy local chickens to re-breed or local cocks to eat ( you can’t compare the boilers and Cockrel’s tastes to theirs),
just Send a Message on what’s app 08172940307
Call -08033972508
Instagram - @kingkoreyfarms

(1) (Reply)

New Massey Ferguson 375, 75hp TRACTORS. Available 4 Sale / How To Apply For Loan From BOA / Meet My 1 Week Pekin Ducklings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.