Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Infectious Diseases Bill Best Suited Suited To A Military Dictatorship – EXPERT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infectious Diseases Bill Best Suited Suited To A Military Dictatorship – EXPERT (151 Views)

An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri / Gbajabiamila: Reps To Represent Infectious Diseases Bill Soon / Dino Melaye Sues Gbajabiamila, House Of Reps Over Infectious Diseases Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infectious Diseases Bill Best Suited Suited To A Military Dictatorship – EXPERT by shehuolayinka(m): 10:46am On May 04, 2020
Lawyer and Social Commentator Dr. Charles Omole has said the controversial bill sponsored by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila, and two of his colleagues is best suited to a Military dictatorship than a constitutional democracy.

Omole who is also a security expert, said this in a series of tweets on his official twitter handle, stated that Nigeria cannot be using laws made during colonial era to administer our democracy in 2020.

Omole said a new law is truly needed. But the original Bill is badly crafted, drafted and not domesticated for the realities of life in Nigeria.

See his tweets below…

I have been following d controversy about this Bill. I decided to actually read d Bill before making any comment. I found so many issues of concern in d Bill. But it also has some merit. So, I decided to do a line by line review of the 48-Page Bill.

As a result; I will be producing a new Version of the Bill that keeps the meritorious provisions, deletes the horrible clauses and inserted dozens of new clauses to make the bill Human Rights Compliant in a constitutional democracy.

I will publish my revised version of the Bill on Tuesday 5th May. This can then be debated and reviewed by all. We should not throw away the baby with the dirty water. Part of my criticism go to the legal drafters in NASS. They did a bad job with the original draft with so many lacunas and mischief provisions included. All of which I have tidied up in my revised version. If the NASS actual mean well, they should jettison their original version and proceed on the basis of my revised version (which of course can still be further refined).

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2020/05/04/infectious-diseases-bill-best-suited-suited-to-a-military-dictatorship-charles-omole/

Re: Infectious Diseases Bill Best Suited Suited To A Military Dictatorship – EXPERT by ozoebuka1(m): 10:50am On May 04, 2020
angry

Whatever
Re: Infectious Diseases Bill Best Suited Suited To A Military Dictatorship – EXPERT by Golan007: 10:51am On May 04, 2020
You should have published yours side by side with the NASS version rather seeking publicity for something undone. P
Re: Infectious Diseases Bill Best Suited Suited To A Military Dictatorship – EXPERT by davit: 10:52am On May 04, 2020
Nice one from the lawyer.

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Government Announces As Lockdown Ease Begins On May 4 / Senate To Investigate Status Of 5G Network In Nigeria / Federal Character Commission: Good Governance And Justice Group Commend Pmb.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.