Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question (894 Views)

Another Reason Why The Benin Ife History Is A Lie / Benin-ife Relationship Explored / The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again (2) (3) (4)

Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 10:59am On May 04, 2020
I am throwing an open challenge to anyone here to provide any mention of Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan in Benin written history between 1475 to 1875, a 400 years period. I will send that person $1000, yes one thousand dollars to cushion the effects of these lockdown.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:12am On May 04, 2020
Hold on
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by gregyboy(m): 12:00pm On May 04, 2020
Jeez

I want to disproved the fact that there was no Benin-ife connections that it was all made up for political gains........

What do i get
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 12:03pm On May 04, 2020
gregyboy:
Jeez

I want to disproved the fact that there was no Benin-ife connections that it was all made up for political gains........

What do i get

Sorry no prize for that.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by gregyboy(m): 12:25pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:

Sorry no price for that.

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by INnaMAN: 1:06pm On May 04, 2020
it span back from the 12th century.when crowned prince ekaladerhan that was sentenced to death was set free at ughoton near benin.

Ekaladerhan found his way to ile ife.and also changed his name to izoduwa.whom the ife people call oduduwa.the people of benin wanted ekaladerham as king after the death of his father but due to his already advanced age he presented oranmiyan his grandson instead
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 1:33pm On May 04, 2020
INnaMAN:
it span back from the 12th century.when crowned prince ekaladerhan that was sentenced to death was set free at ughoton near benin.

Ekaladerhan found his way to ile ife.and also changed his name to izoduwa.whom the ife people call oduduwa.the people of benin wanted ekaladerham as king after the death of his father but due to his already advanced age he presented oranmiyan his grandson instead

Please provide the 12th century book your historical accounts was written in and get your account details ready to receive the prize.

If you don't have a bank account, don't worry, your prize will be sent to you via western union.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by INnaMAN: 1:55pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:

Please provide the 12th century book your historical accounts was written in and get your account details ready to receive the prize.

If you don't have a bank account, don't worry, your prize will be sent to you via western union.
The history of the acient benin kingdom and empire by chief D.N Oronsaye.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by RedboneSmith(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2020
Hmm. Between 1476 and 1987, you say.

Hmm. If I go to my archives and dig up the books written by Talbot, Egharevba, etc, and you no wire me this 1K, I go swear for you oh. Hehn!

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 4:28pm On May 04, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Hmm. If I go to my archives and dig up the books written by Talbot, Egharevba, etc, and you no wire me this 1K, I go swear for you oh. Hehn!

The challenge is on, mind you Egharevba was written after 1897.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 4:29pm On May 04, 2020
INnaMAN:
The history of the acient benin kingdom and empire by chief D.N Oronsaye.

D. N Oransaye was written after 1897. Nice try anyway.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by INnaMAN: 4:32pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:

D. N Oransaye was written after 1897. Nice try anyway.
Thanks sir
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by TerraCotta(m): 5:03pm On May 04, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Redbone appears to be a man who pays close attention to details like dates. It’s a characteristic that serves historians well.

Please donate some of the money to charity on my behalf.

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 04, 2020
The history exists

Those who are ready to prove it should go ahead but It was Ife king that send his son to Bini to rule over them..

Revisionist are always weak in their own argument.

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 5:51pm On May 04, 2020
Juliusmalema:
The history exists

Those who are ready to prove it should go ahead but It was Ife king that send his son to Bini to rule over them..

Revisionist are always weak in their own argument.

Why don't you provide the answer to the challenge instead of calling on others to do it for you.

The period in question is 1475 to 1897.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:

Why don't you provide the answer to the challenge instead of calling on others to do it for you.

The period in question is 1475 to 1897.

I have already proved that.

Ife ruled over Bini even till this day.

This like bringing two blood brothers and ask another person to tell the story of the same blood brothers when it is obvious one ruled over the other.

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 6:17pm On May 04, 2020
Juliusmalema:

I have already proved that.

Ife ruled over Bini even till this day.

This like bringing two blood brothers and ask another person to tell the story of the same blood brothers when it is obvious one ruled over the other.

Nna men forget about blood brothers fighting, all you need to do is simply repost your original prove since you claimed to have proved it before. You will not only embarrass me but deprive me of $1000 US dollars.

This is going to be a big embarrassment to the Igbos and Yorubas if they can't answer this simple question.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:

Nna men forget about blood brothers fighting, all you need to do is simply repost your original prove since you claimed to have proved it before. You will not only embarrass me but deprive me of $1000 US dollars.

This is going to be a big embarrassment to the Igbos and Yorubas if they can't answer this simple question.

Igbos shouldn't be more concerned on the Ife history.

Don't you think so.

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by TAO11(f): 7:54pm On May 04, 2020
Hahahah! He fled after the humiliation. Follow thread below, people:

https://www.nairaland.com/5314103/benins-first-educated-nigerians-dr/9#89185234

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 7:57pm On May 04, 2020
TAO11:
Hahahah! He fled after the humiliation. Follow thread below, people:

https://www.nairaland.com/5314103/benins-first-educated-nigerians-dr/9#89185234

The queen of copy and paste fabrications doesn't know how to give a simple citation with date any more.

I am throwing an open challenge to anyone here to provide any mention of Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan in Benin written history between 1475 to 1897, a 400 years period. I will send that person $1000, yes one thousand dollars to cushion the effects of these lockdown.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by TAO11(f): 8:10pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:

The queen of copy and paste fabrications doesn't know how to give a simple citation with date any more.

I am throwing an open challenge to anyone here to provide any mention of Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan in Benin written history between 1475 to 1897, a 400 years period. I will send that person $1000, yes one thousand dollars to cushion the effects of these lockdown.

You've been so badly humiliated that you forgot what your own challenge says even while you're looking at it. grin

You:
I need a writing not later than 1897 showing the names "Oduduwa, "Ife", "Oranmiyan", etc.

Me:
S. Johnson's work was completed in writing by 1897, and it's littered with these names.

You:
Eeeerm ... (#scratches head#) ... It wasn't typed and printed until afterwards.

Me:
I won't say a word. grin cheesy

What you should focus on now after your humiliation is below:

Provide me a book written between 1475 and 1930 with the mention of the name "Ekalderhan". I will send you $2500 to cushion the effect of the lockdown if you can.

And if you can't, then know that such person does not exist and your ancestors have been deceived

Your idiocy must be obvious to you now at this point.

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by gregyboy(m): 8:29pm On May 04, 2020
Samuk I can't imagine everyone is backings out on 1000k dollars
Seriously,

I guess the question is too tough for them since only the benin history was documented it will be unfair to the undocumented folks too

Be leaned with them by asking for the bones found in orun oba ado site, or any achaeological evidence between ife and benin

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by TAO11(f): 8:32pm On May 04, 2020
gregyboy:
Samuk I can't imagine everyone is backings out on 1000k dollars
Seriously,

I guess the question is too tough for them since only the benin history was documented it will be unfair to the undocumented folks too

Be leaned with them by asking for the bones found in orun oba ado site, or any achaeological evidence between ife and benin

The only person backing out on $2500 is samuk.

Not only that, he's been humiliated beyond repair on his own moronic challenge. See link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5834711/benin-ife-history-1000-challenge#89188523

You may help him tho.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 8:41pm On May 04, 2020
The Yoruba told us that the Benin people had a fantastic relationship with Ife since 1180AD.

When the European started visiting Benin from 1475 up till 1897, the Benin completely forgot to tell the various Europeans that documented Benin history about Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan. Some of these Europeans were resident in Benin for years. They never saw or hear anything about Benin/Ife relationship. They never saw any message from Benin to Ife or from Ife to Benin.

The Benin remembered to tell the Europeans about everyone else except Ife. Various rulers and people were spoken about and recorded but Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan are missing from the Benin history books and European archives of Benin history between 1475 to 1897.

In 1897, after the fall of the Benin empire, the Benin suddenly woke up and realised that there was one small and very important detail about their history they haven't told anyone for 400 years. That is the Benin/Ife relationship.

Why did Benin forget this very important father and son relationship between Benin and Ife for over 400 years. Was it because there was no relationship in the first place or the Benin were just too busy decimating, conquering, colonising and killing every rebellious rulers around them and in far away lands.

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by TAO11(f): 9:33pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:
The Yoruba told us that the Benin people had a fantastic relationship with Ife since 1180AD.

When the European started visiting Benin from 1475 up till 1897, the Benin completely forgot to tell the various Europeans that documented Benin history about Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan. Some of these Europeans were resident in Benin for years. They never saw or hear anything about Benin/Ife relationship. They never saw any message from Benin to Ife or from Ife to Benin.

The Benin remembered to tell the Europeans about everyone else except Ife. Various rulers and people were spoken about and recorded but Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan are missing from the Benin history books and European archives of Benin history between 1475 to 1897.

In 1897, after the fall of the Benin empire, the Benin suddenly woke up and realised that there was one small and very important detail about their history they haven't told anyone for 400 years. That is the Benin/Ife relationship.

Why did Benin forget this very important father and son relationship between Benin and Ife for over 400 years. Was it because there was no relationship in the first place or the Benin were just too busy decimating, conquering, colonising and killing every rebellious rulers around them and in far away lands.

I didn't expect you to openly admit in your own words to being humiliated by your own inane challenge.

The conversation is however there as the internet doesn't forget. It's summary went as follows:

You
I need a writing not later than 1897 showing the names "Oduduwa, "Ife", "Oranmiyan", etc.

Me:
S. Johnson's work was completed in writing by 1897, and it's littered with these names.

You

Me:
I won't say a word.   cheesy

Having been humiliated by your own challenge, here is a challenge for you for 2500 whopping dollars.

Provide me a book written between 1475 and 1930 with the mention of the name "Ekalderhan". I will send you $2500 to cushion the effect of the lockdown if you can.

And if you can't, then know that such person does not exist and your ancestors have been deceived

Having said that, João de Barros, Duarte Pacheco Percira, Manuel de Figueirdo, Dierick Ruiters, and Alonso de Sandoval all wrote in the early1500s and the 1600s about the Binis regard as Oghene who was an overlord to your Benin kings.

Scholars of Benin history, examining those early European writings, conlude unanimously that this Oghene is none other that the Ooni of Ife:

The following are scholars who examined those European writing, and have reached that same conlusion:

Stoll (1902), Roth (1903), Marquart (1913), Talbot (1926), Schurhammer (1928), P. Marti (1960), Mauny (1961), R. Bradbury (1964), I. Akinjogbin (1967), R. Law (1973), F. Willett (1973), A. Obayemi (1976), R. Horton (1979), R. Thompson, H. Drewal, S. Blier, S. Akintoye, et al.

But according to samuk, all these experts of African history are all LyInG. grin

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 9:49pm On May 04, 2020
TAO11:

I didn't expect you to openly admit in your own words to being humiliated by your own inane challenge.

The conversation is however there as the internet doesn't forget. It's summary went as follows:

You

Me:
S. Johnson's work was completed in writing by 1897, and it's littered with these names.

You

Me:
I won't say a word.   cheesy

Having been humiliated by your own challenge, here is a challenge for you for 2500 whopping dollars.

Having said that, João de Barros, Duarte Pacheco Percira, Manuel de Figueirdo, Dierick Ruiters, and Alonso de Sandoval all wrote in the early1500s and the 1600s about the Binis regard as Oghene who was an overlord to your Benin kings.

Scholars of Benin history, examining those early European writings, conlude unanimously that this Oghene is none other that the Ooni of Ife:

The following are scholars who examined those European writing, and have reached that same conlusion:

Stoll (1902), Roth (1903), Marquart (1913), Talbot (1926), Schurhammer (1928), P. Marti (1960), Mauny (1961), R. Bradbury (1964), I. Akinjogbin (1967), R. Law (1973), F. Willett (1973), A. Obayemi (1976), R. Horton (1979), R. Thompson, H. Drewal, S. Blier, S. Akintoye, et al.

But according to samuk, all these experts of African history are all LyInG. grin

You tried your best but all your references are after 1897, so you failed yet again on this attempt. You can try again.

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by TAO11(f): 9:51pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:

You tried your best but all your references are after 1897, so you failed yet again on this attempt. You can try again.

Of course, 1500s and 1600s European writings (as well Johnson's work completed in 1897) are all aFtEr 1897. grin grin

Challenge For You for a whooping $2500:

And if you can't, then know that such person does not exist and your ancestors have been deceived.
Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by samuk: 9:56pm On May 04, 2020
TAO11:

Of course, 1500s and 1600s European writings (as well Johnson's work completed in 1897) are all aFtEr 1897. grin grin

Challenge For You for a whooping $2500:

And if you can't, then know that such person does not exist and your ancestors have been deceived.

Where are all the Yoruba men here. This is becoming very embarrassing. Poor TAO11, she can't insult, copy and paste her way out of this, please guys, she needs your help come to her rescue.

Re: Benin/ife History $1000 Challenge Question by TAO11(f): 9:58pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:

Where are all the Yoruba men here. This is becoming very embarrassing. Poor TAO11, she can't insult, copy and paste her way out of this, please guys, she needs your help come to her rescue.

Hahahahahaha!

If they join hands in this, then that will be tantamount to maltreating you. grin grin

People will be like Oranmiyan did his own in the real-world, and you people are doing your own to Edos on Nairaland. grin wink

Shocker! How Ooni Found Out About Queen Naomi's Divorce Will Shock You / Why Do African Parents Have A Problem With Smoking Weed?? / The Osu Caste Practice Amongst The Igbo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67