Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus (765 Views)

Cure For The Corona Virus Pandemic Found By Madagascar - Would WHO Approve It? / Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by History555: 3:25pm On May 04, 2020
Most people who decided to visit the banks found themselves in an unmanageable crowd through no fault of their own but because bank managers lack common sense

Why will a bank branch that has shut for more than 4 weeks still decide to remain shut and the managers directing customers to a particular branch. Common sense which obviously is lacking should have made them realize that such move will result in overcrowding thereby inflaming the spread of the virus. Common sense should have made them realize that if all branches are open the obvious result will be less crowd

An example is ecobank. Ecobank shuts down its branch at ikotun, idimu and directs all customers to iyana ipaja branch. The result is overcrowding yet the same bank is telling you to maintain social distancing.

Another example first bank shuts its branch at igando, idimu, ensures all atms at respective branch is either not working or working at reduced rate, then ask all customers to come to ikotun including those who just need to use atm. Imagine the stupidity on display by first bank management yet they are asking you to maintain social distancing

The bank managers think because they are safe in the office that they are safe outside and at home. You promote conditions that spread the virus among your customers by keeping few branches open and then think you are safe outside.
Lastly i hve my fears about ecobank. I think that bank is in distress. When you see a bank that has been having network issues for almost 2months, refusing to honour obligations to customers, the sign of distress is obvious
I doubt if the bank has even released their 2019 financial statement

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by Ezennwa(m): 3:43pm On May 04, 2020
hmm!

This is an act of wickedness, because they think they have enough customers.

by the time they'll start losing customers, their brain will reset by fire by force.
Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by dazzlingd(m): 4:46pm On May 04, 2020
You lack management skills and foresight.
You ask how, lemme educate u.

If u as the management of a bank, u decide to throw all your branches open at once on the first week of free movement. You throw all your branches at risk of having contact with the virus..
Imagine over 90% of your workforce and branches nationwide having contact and forced to shut down subsequent weeks, how will your organisation survive the disaster...

So as a smart manager, open few, rotate staff to manage the risk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:25pm On May 04, 2020
I still want to know what that large crowd went to the bank to do!
Do they have a meeting with the bank officials??
Please, don't tell me they went to withdraw money, because the ATMs have been functioning all this while.
Don't tell me, also, they don't have ATM cards!
That'll be outlandish and preposterous!
Now, gentleman, tell me what they actually wanted.

3 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by dazzlingd(m): 5:27pm On May 04, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
Please, don't tell me they went to withdraw money, because the ATMs have been functioning all this while.

Same question everyone is asking.....
What exactly did the crowd go to do today in the bank

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by Greatzeus(m): 6:42pm On May 04, 2020
All Gtbank customers who live in Ogba, Fagba, Ifako had to come to their branch in Ogba,(opposite WAEC) because most of their branches were closed.
I guess they are trying to protect their Staff from their customers who they think are carrying Corona about
Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by smoothknight: 8:23pm On May 04, 2020
History555:

I believe we should be more concerned on why the banks have USSD & mobile banking solutions like first bank's USSD *894# for every customer to use, even phone call & digital customer care services and people still trooped out to put their health in jeopardy. That other branches with no much customers were shutdown so they could go assist other branches with heavy traffic. Besides people were violating the simple guidelines of wear nose mask and Social distancing which is not the fault of the bank.
Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by Adeniji111: 8:35pm On May 04, 2020
History555:
Most people who decided to visit the banks found themselves in an unmanageable crowd through no fault of their own but because bank managers lack common sense

Why will a bank branch that has shut for more than 4 weeks still decide to remain shut and the managers directing customers to a particular branch. Common sense which obviously is lacking should have made them realize that such move will result in overcrowding thereby inflaming the spread of the virus. Common sense should have made them realize that if all branches are open the obvious result will be less crowd

An example is ecobank. Ecobank shuts down its branch at ikotun, idimu and directs all customers to iyana ipaja branch. The result is overcrowding yet the same bank is telling you to maintain social distancing.

Another example first bank shuts its branch at igando, idimu, ensures all atms at respective branch is either not working or working at reduced rate, then ask all customers to come to ikotun including those who just need to use atm. Imagine the stupidity on display by first bank management yet they are asking you to maintain social distancing

The bank managers think because they are safe in the office that they are safe outside and at home. You promote conditions that spread the virus among your customers by keeping few branches open and then think you are safe outside.
Lastly i hve my fears about ecobank. I think that bank is in distress. When you see a bank that has been having network issues for almost 2months, refusing to honour obligations to customers, the sign of distress is obvious

Actually you are wrong, First Bank Branches with less customers were told to assist branches with more customers. The guideline laid down of appropriate use of face mask & Social distancing were not even adhered to by some customers. Now we have the USSD for first bank *894# which customer can use instead of them going to the bank to perform transactions but people still approached the banks. Customer service is also available online and on phone call. We need to do better for real.
Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by Godwinsam(m): 8:41pm On May 04, 2020
This report is simply to defame first bank. We should all know that some first bank branches with no much customers were shutdown so they could go assist other branches with heavy traffic. Besides people were violating the simple guidelines of wear nose mask and Social distancing which is not the fault of the bank. We should be more concerned on why the banks have USSD & mobile banking solutions like first bank's USSD *894# for every customer to use, even phone call & digital customer care services, we need to help ourselves with common sense seriously
Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by Dejisama: 8:46pm On May 04, 2020
History555:

I don’t see the need why everyone has to be present in banks today when you can use the FirstBank USSD *894# to make any transactions online.

You can also report any infractions you see to report@firstbanknigeria.com so that it can be attended to immediately
even phone call & digital customer care services and people still trooped out to put their health at risk..

Let’s stay safe �

Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by Dejisama: 8:58pm On May 04, 2020
History555:

Hello guys please let's all adehere to all instructions and keep social distancing if you notice anything In any @Firstbankngr branch report it to report@firstbanknigeria.com so they can deal with it.

#SeeItReportIt
#StaySafe
#YouFirst

Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 04, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
I m one of the many that went to bank especially GTB because restriction was placed on my acct since 1st week of April
Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by TheGbemisola: 9:40pm On May 04, 2020
Your statement on first bank here is very bad for their image, people should learn to use their USSD *894# provided & mobile banking solutions than troop out to put their health in jeopardy.
Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by History555: 11:06pm On May 04, 2020
People visit banks for many reasons.
Make deposit
Withdrawal from local acc
Withdrawal from dom acc
Atm card seized by atm
Debits made on your account without ur authorization
Open fixed deposit
Open treasury bills
Open lpo
Western union
Deposit chq
Seeking answers to frozen account, uncleared cheques etc

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by History555: 11:12pm On May 04, 2020
I am not against fbn but you first bank however when you see foolishness call it out. Igando has 6 atm machine only 2 is working yet staffs were inside
At fbn ikotun all the atm machine are inside the compound. So imagine people who want to only use ikotun atm are kept outside with others when the bank can easily find a way to arrange the queue in following order
Line 1 atm
Line 2 withdrawal
Line 3 deposits
Line 4 customer service
As for ecobank bank only God, cbn and the management's knows what is going on.
Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:39am On May 05, 2020
dirtydiva:
I m one of the many that went to bank especially GTB because restriction was placed on my acct since 1st week of April

Ok, welcome back. Hope you're already in self-isolation??
Re: How Nigeria Banks Are Helping To Spread The Corona Virus by Nobody: 6:42am On May 05, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Ok, welcome back. Hope you're already in self-isolation??
self isolate myself for what? I m conscious of not mixing or rubbing my body with those cloud there dats y I didn't achieve what I went there to do

(1) (Reply)

Where Do I Get Latex Gloves In Large Quantity In Nigeria. / Usefulness Of Enerchi-pendant / Did You Know That Apetamine Is An Illegal Drug?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.