Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,501 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Should I Go For Covid 19 Test - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should I Go For Covid 19 Test (903 Views)

FMN To Donate 36,000 COVID-19 Test Kits, 75 Ventilators & 331,000 PPEs To NCDC / Kano Runs Out Of COVID-19 Test Kits, As Testing Center Suspends Operations / Bala Mohammed Tests Positive For COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 04, 2020
Good evening nairaland
I had a severe fever on Friday night,very severe and I was sweating all through the night,on Saturday morning I woke up with severe headache but later in the evening it subsided without me taking drug,I suspected malaria as my urine was very coloured hence I got lonart DS,am not done taking the drugs but m a little relieved but the headache still persist,it will last for hours and then subside ,I experience this headache mostly when am sleeping.
My fear is previously when I had malaria n after taking just two tablet of lonart DS I always feel completely healed but have taken 3 of the 6 tablets already although I can manage to move around the headache still persist.... Should I be worried and go for a test?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by frank317: 5:44pm On May 04, 2020
So headache and night fever are the symptoms of covid 19?

Oga take your malaria drug and give ur self a good rest. Most importantly, take away fear, u will die quickly by it.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Olayemie1010(m): 5:45pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 04, 2020
frank317:

Oga take your malaria drug and give ur self a good rest. Most importantly, take away fear, u will die quickly by it.
Tnks
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Greatzeus(m): 7:00pm On May 04, 2020
techmaster092:
Good evening nairaland
I had a severe fever on Friday night,very severe and I was sweating all through the night,on Saturday morning I woke up with severe headache but later in the evening it subsided without me taking drug,I suspected malaria as my urine was very coloured hence I got lonart DS,am not done taking the drugs but m a little relieved but the headache still persist,it will last for hours and then subside ,I experience this headache mostly when am sleeping.
My fear is previously when I had malaria n after taking just two tablet of lonart DS I always feel completely healed but have taken 3 of the 6 tablets already although I can manage to move around the headache still persist.... Should I be worried and go for a test?
In US you can go out and get tested just for testing sake ,you don't have to be sick or showing symptoms or anything. In fact there are some drive through test centers that takes your sample for testing just for passy there.
So you can get tested if you have the time. But I don't think you have Corona virus from the symptoms you listed.
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 04, 2020
Greatzeus:

In US you can go out and get tested just for testing sake ,you don't have to be sick or showing symptoms or anything. In fact there are some drive through test centers that takes your sample for testing just for passy there.
So you can get tested if you have the time. But I don't think you have Corona virus from the symptoms you listed.
I would av loved to get tested but the testing centres created in Lagos require you to book appointment, there is one very close to where I stay but the number provided is not going
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by maysimsimple(m): 7:07pm On May 04, 2020
Go and buy amoxylin.. It's a typhoid drug the headache will dissapear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by myforty68: 8:05pm On May 04, 2020
If you have either cough, catarrh , sore throats, or diarrhea in addition to those two, get the test. Look for that in your lga
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by cactus1549: 8:40pm On May 04, 2020
Just keep taking ur dose of malaria drug. Even it finish buy another one
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On May 04, 2020
@Poster, i think you should in fact go get yourself tested. Knowing what the world is dealing with at this time, it is best you err on the side of caution, both for your sake and for your family's sake.
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by MansoryMX(m): 9:14pm On May 04, 2020
techmaster092:
Good evening nairaland

First of all bro, where do u live? Don’t be scared. You will be alright
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by bid4rich(m): 9:23pm On May 04, 2020
Na fear wan finish you so ooo. Na common malaria most people dey tested for covid-19 get o but they convert am to coro.

Abeg use Panadol or paracetamol with the drug, you will be as strong as a stone.
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 04, 2020
myforty68:
If you have either cough, catarrh , sore throats, or diarrhea in addition to those two, get the test. Look for that in your lga
I have none of this at the moment, d headache have disappeared as m typing this but 2mao it might return....d number provided for booking appointment so as to get tested is not going through
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by sisisioge: 10:51pm On May 04, 2020
Please go get yourself tested and keep safe while at it. Good luck.
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 04, 2020
frank317:

...whether covid or not, make water your friend this period... drink it like your life depends on it... very important
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by drskyfly007(m): 12:09am On May 05, 2020
Avoid contact with anybody until you can ascertain what it is!
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Dollywood(m): 12:12am On May 05, 2020
Don't ever go for covid-19 test!!! You just have malaria, that their test kit will always make you positive even if you're not.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by MzTunechi(f): 12:17am On May 05, 2020
Go for malaria and typhoid test
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On May 05, 2020
@Poster, listen to her heart! Go get the test done. You have nothing to loose, you at least gain peace of mind afterwards.
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Nobody: 1:23am On May 05, 2020
Dollywood:
Don't ever go for covid-19 test!!! You just have malaria, that their test kit will always make you positive even if you're not.
Dats serious
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Nobody: 3:28am On May 05, 2020
frank317:

Those are among the signs of covid-19. i advise @htechmaster092 finds zinc supplement to take along his drugs to err on the side of caution.
Re: Should I Go For Covid 19 Test by Votewisely2019: 5:15am On May 05, 2020
Yes you should be worried, but this time less worries because you are already too worried. You headache is not malaria related, it is one of the related signs of anxiety. Trust me on this, although I will advice you overrule typhoid.

(1) (Reply)

Monday Sees South Africa Hit A Grim Covid-19 Milestone (PICS) / Get Rid Of Your Chalazion And Severe Acne. Contact Me / Itching After Bathing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.