Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,213 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria (52882 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries / FAAN Slashes Staff Salary Over Revenue Losses / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers (2) (3) (4)

Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by OsuIgboIpob: 7:30pm On May 04, 2020
maestroferddi:
So paying them in full will bankrupt him, abi?
Have you been able to sustain your small room and it's occupants since the inception of the lockdown?

Yẹyẹ

Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by dapadawee: 7:31pm On May 04, 2020
piggyyeaster:
I wish late fugitive terrorist Nnamdi Kawnu was alive to give his own opinion on this matter
Bros this stone you are throwing towards the East might boomerang o. I no dey o
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 7:31pm On May 04, 2020
Only the beginning...
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by taibat61(m): 7:32pm On May 04, 2020
https://twitter.com/FTIStaffNg/status/1257310296894402563?s=19

https:///1E0hHKTwYl

Kindly tweet with d tag #FGPayOurAprilSalary #NewMinimumWageArrears and mention @Mbuhari
@ASUU
@cenbank
@NigeriaGov

Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by Advancedman(m): 7:34pm On May 04, 2020
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM EXCLUSIVE

Following the effect of the Coronavirus pandemic on the media industry, Television Continental (TVC), a broadcast television station in Lagos, has slashed its staff salaries.

This was disclosed in a broadcast message by the Chief Executive Officer of the company, Andrew Hanlon to the staff on Monday.

Mr Hanlon said the station owned by former Lagos state governor, Bola Tinubu, has been managing the business carefully since the outbreak.

"Broadcasters across the world are battling with losses. In order to save jobs and not lay off any staff, I regret to inform you that we've been forced to reduce our pay", he said.

According to him, staff earning N80,000 will get a 5% reduction, those earning between N80,000 and N200,000 will get a 10% cut.

More so, senior staff earning between N200,000 and N400,000 will get 15 per cent while those earning N400 thousand to N1 million will get a 20 per cent reduction.

"The management team and director get 25% cut while the CEO also gets a reduction," he said.

He said Pension, transport, accommodation allowances remain the same without any cut.

TVC produces and broadcasts talk, lifestyle and information shows for Nigerian audiences of all ages.

SOURCE: https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-tinubus-tv-station-tvc-slashes-staff-salaries/

Good, systemic pragmatic approach.
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by maestroferddi: 7:35pm On May 04, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

It's is better than sacking like Atiku did
Poor you...

Everything these big men do is alright with you slavish supporters.

They are counting billions but a little problem they would transfer it to the less privileged...

Both Atiku and Tinubu are culpable....
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by madjune(m): 7:35pm On May 04, 2020
With all the money Tinubu stole over the years, he could afford to pay them stimulus check in these times, rather than cut their pay.

This is a time for the CEO to show he's got his staff back.
In trying times.
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by Honor10: 7:36pm On May 04, 2020
Jokerman:
Lol... Bullion van money don finish ni grin.... Na tinubu wey no fit manage tv station, I wan vote for president ni?

Olohun maje o

U wud av rather vote Atiku, that sack his staffs instead of pay cut.

Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by kemii4658: 7:36pm On May 04, 2020
[color=#] 1655423[/color]
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by MisterChairman(m): 7:36pm On May 04, 2020
shiwex:
Tinubu

Jealousy will kill you and your likes .. Stupid Igbo's !

Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by kingcalors(m): 7:37pm On May 04, 2020
piggyyeaster:
I wish late fugitive terrorist Nnamdi Kawnu was alive to give his own opinion on this matter
Your JOKE isn't funny. People no go laugh. Meanwhile your Nnamdi Kanu's caricature no resemble am at all. Go learn work well well.
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 04, 2020
this one is better than laying off..
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by kemii8295: 7:44pm On May 04, 2020
[color=#] 2733896[/color]
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by abimic(m): 7:45pm On May 04, 2020
Like I discuss with my colleague with access, staff who suffer from pay cut or lay off should have at the back of their minds that their employers had been looking for ways to achieve this purpose long before now, they just saw an avenue to perfect it. People who earn peanut, you still slash their salary, when cost of things are on the increase every day.
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by UltimateSpice: 7:45pm On May 04, 2020
Many companies may have to do something like this.

It is a global phenomenon that covid-19 has foisted on us.
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by Gbagbuo247: 7:46pm On May 04, 2020
That’s Small Change naaa

1,000,000 - 200, 000 = much money. Nwanne
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by humbleboyy(m): 7:46pm On May 04, 2020
Sammiel:
The slashed amount is relatively insignificant. Honestly, I was expecting between 40 to 60% reduction. Hey don't get me wrong, not like I am happy about the reduction but it is nothing compared to what other well meaning Nigerians are passing through right now due to covid-19 pandemic.
Well, it is well even inside the well as some people would say.

TVC still makes significant profit even with the covid. In fact, I see no reason why they'd deduct staff's salaries.

Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by olatade(m): 7:47pm On May 04, 2020
How much does TVC pay babajide?

Asking for a friend

Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by ooohoo: 7:48pm On May 04, 2020
LoydJ:
So this the trend right now??
Slashing workers salary/Laying them off in the midst of this Hardship!!!

I usually tell folks close to me that Nigeria is Beyond Redemption!!

The best thing that could happen to you/Me is Travelling to a Better Country if granted the resources once Normalcy has returned back to the world.

You folks always want to sound woke. Is Nigeria the only country in the world where employees are being laid off or salaries slashed during this trying period?

Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by totalhouse(m): 7:49pm On May 04, 2020
This seems fair enough.

Everybody knows this is downtime for all businesses of which media organization is not an exemption.

However, this is the time some of them have been clamouring for hazard allowances...

This shall pass though

But this is fair enough, my opinion though.
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by adecz: 7:50pm On May 04, 2020
Jagaba,
Why nah??

sad sad sad sad

Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by vertueptime: 7:54pm On May 04, 2020
Not all, but some will use the opportunity to cut cost, telecoms made high gains, even some banks sef, but they rather join in doing bad

softset:
The effect is felt in almost all industries
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by freemi(m): 8:02pm On May 04, 2020
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM EXCLUSIVE

Following the effect of the Coronavirus pandemic on the media industry, Television Continental (TVC), a broadcast television station in Lagos, has slashed its staff salaries.

This was disclosed in a broadcast message by the Chief Executive Officer of the company, Andrew Hanlon to the staff on Monday.

Mr Hanlon said the station owned by former Lagos state governor, Bola Tinubu, has been managing the business carefully since the outbreak.

"Broadcasters across the world are battling with losses. In order to save jobs and not lay off any staff, I regret to inform you that we've been forced to reduce our pay", he said.

According to him, staff earning N80,000 will get a 5% reduction, those earning between N80,000 and N200,000 will get a 10% cut.

More so, senior staff earning between N200,000 and N400,000 will get 15 per cent while those earning N400 thousand to N1 million will get a 20 per cent reduction.

"The management team and director get 25% cut while the CEO also gets a reduction," he said.

He said Pension, transport, accommodation allowances remain the same without any cut.

TVC produces and broadcasts talk, lifestyle and information shows for Nigerian audiences of all ages.

SOURCE: https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-tinubus-tv-station-tvc-slashes-staff-salaries/
those salaries for 1 year or 1 month?
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by Nfora: 8:02pm On May 04, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Like Atiku, like Tinubu

Hope you are not a dunce.
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by kemii3975: 8:03pm On May 04, 2020
[color=#] 2618369[/color]
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by kemii6585: 8:07pm On May 04, 2020
[color=#] 919784[/color]
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by kemii6585: 8:07pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by simhosting: 8:07pm On May 04, 2020
It getting worse
Re: Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria by cray91(m): 8:11pm On May 04, 2020
and hope the better countries too have normalcy restored soonest

cuz as it is now no safe haven anywhere

the world as a whole is bleeped
LoydJ:
So this the trend right now??
Slashing workers salary/Laying them off in the midst of this Hardship!!!

I usually tell folks close to me that Nigeria is Beyond Redemption!!

The best thing that could happen to you/Me is Travelling to a Better Country if granted the resources once Normalcy has returned back to the world.

Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / 20 Online Businesses That Can Make You Rich With Just A Laptop & Internet / Which Income Level Do You Belong?