Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks (5306 Views)

Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected IPOB Members In Arochukwu (Video) / Isu Arochukwu Communal Clash: Two Killed, 10 Missing (Graphic Photos) / 'Lawyer' Kills Woman In Arochukwu Abia, In Presence Of Her Daughter & Grandkids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:48am On May 05, 2020
Anybody with common sense should see that the basket is not perforated and the content is more of thick liquid than water.
Most of them live in abject poverty, why not use the powers to make themselves rich and comfortable?

2 Likes

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Mobi47(m): 7:54am On May 05, 2020
Shellsploit:
International super stars soccer deluxe cheesy
lols old days..

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by hrhobi1(m): 8:56am On May 05, 2020
Shellsploit:

He shoots keeper fumble , yes yes goooooooaaaaal

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Shellsploit: 8:58am On May 05, 2020
hrhobi1:

He shoots keeper fumble , yes yes goooooooaaaaal

U really sabi am

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Paulynez(m): 10:04am On May 05, 2020
NNEWIsuper:
Ekpo masquerade is nice, people of Ohafia and Afikpo have Ekpo too
What they have is ekpe not ekpo
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by emeka1759(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2020
Shellsploit:
d game wey put me for trouble dat year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by slyfox35(m): 10:25am On May 05, 2020
Shellsploit:
Dude, you nor well lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by joinnow: 10:48am On May 05, 2020
Vortex369:
This is yahoo yahoo.

They pour Resin+Hardener on the basket members to seal the holes. And resin has the exact look of water, and then pour water in it. And a hardened resin is tougher than glass, my friends.

People still fall for this? Then we have scientific illiterates there.
What of using tailor sewing thread to tie goat or RAM to a tree and then you are told to untie it. You never be able to untie it.
Jazz dey

2 Likes

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Darkerberry: 11:29am On May 05, 2020
Did my NYSC in Arochukwu. Cool place actually.
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by KingAzubuike(f): 12:41pm On May 05, 2020
Vortex369:
This is yahoo yahoo.

They pour Resin+Hardener on the basket membranes to seal the holes. And resin has the exact look of water, and then pour water in it. And a hardened resin is tougher than glass, my friends.

These things are petty street magics with explanations. The illiterates would rather believe it's juju. You can even watch YouTube videos to see the trick behind the magic. There's nothing like juju, it's all magic with explanations. The other day I saw a performer swallowing swords and brining money out of thin air and people were shouting juju lol. Illusions we don watch for discovery world and carbonaro effect tire
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Ronald1(m): 12:55pm On May 05, 2020
illicit:
optical illusion
optical Kor...hortical ni

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Ronald1(m): 12:56pm On May 05, 2020
whouep:

If only this will provide solution to the corona virus pandemic .

u too think na...what is the correlation between basket full of water and coronavirus
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by illicit(m): 1:13pm On May 05, 2020
Ronald1:
optical Kor...hortical ni
lol can't stop laughing.... but for real I have seen it explained before
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by TGMISKY(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2020
This is awesomely wonderful. Scientists should help explain this
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Tallesty1(m): 3:17pm On May 05, 2020
Vortex369:
This is yahoo yahoo.

They pour Resin+Hardener on the basket membranes to seal the holes. And resin has the exact look of water, and then pour water in it. And a hardened resin is tougher than glass, my friends.

You're a spiritual illiterate

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Ronald1(m): 3:43pm On May 05, 2020
illicit:

lol can't stop laughing.... but for real I have seen it explained before
but you will agree with me that there are some things science can't explain
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by DrGud: 3:45pm On May 05, 2020
Gjrich:
The Aro people or the people of Arochukwu on Facebook have shared a photo of basket full of water. A basket full of water is a cultural gimmick that portrays that there is nothing absolutely impossible.

It has got many people taking and questioning how that it is even possible.

What people do not know is that, in ancient times even in the contemporary, some towns in Igbo land would always showcase what they were made of.

For instance, till today, Umunoha people put a pot of water on a roaring fire and the water will never be boiled even if they put it on top of hell fire.

In certain villages, like the Arochukwu people, certain festivals warrant displaying a manifold of cultural gimmicks to wow the visitors. In so doing, you would go back to your community and tell them that this so village is powerful.

This above development will make some have respect for your community and cast an appellation of fear in them.
Chairman I have seen this picture long time ago
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by illicit(m): 3:50pm On May 05, 2020
Ronald1:

but you will agree with me that there are some things science can't explain

yes I agree with you but it's not science it was a trick. there is a colourless fluid that can be used to coat the inside of the basket, the basket itself is specially woven
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Ronald1(m): 4:38pm On May 05, 2020
illicit:

yes I agree with you but it's not science it was a trick. there is a colourless fluid that can be used to coat the inside of the basket, the basket itself is specially woven
[b][quote author=illicit post=89217944]

am not arguing that one ...provided u agree there are some things that cannot be explained

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:50pm On May 05, 2020
Samfloxin:

That thing is real. it is juju peculiar to ancient Igbo people. when I was growing up,there is one native doctor called akuohimiri that used basket and fetched water. I don't even know that such native doctors still exist

Why hasn't he used the same power to invent COVID cure?
What is hit net worth in Dollars? Most of them can't even make themselves rich but make money off foolish people.
Most of them even live inside mud and thatch, why?
Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:54pm On May 05, 2020
Vortex369:
This is yahoo yahoo.

They will tell you how civilized they are.

Re: Arochukwu People Showcase A Basket Full Of Water, Their Cultural Gimmicks by adecz: 6:56pm On May 05, 2020
OK

(1) (2) (Reply)

68-year-old Grandpa Caught With A Married Woman (photos) Papa No Dey Tire, Lolz / Five Year Old Kids Caught "Making Love" In School Bathroom / Mushing Is Boiling!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.