Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses (37004 Views)

"I Stole 4 Cars In Just 4 Months" - Suspect Confesses. See How Much He Sold Them / “We Killed Cyriacus Onunkwo, Imo Catholic Priest By Mistake” – Suspect Confesses / Police Arrested Me Because Of My Dressing, Murder Suspect Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by arinze198(m): 8:41am On May 05, 2020
A 30-year old man, Chinedu Obinma, who was formerly a painter, has admitted that he was a robber and gave reasons he chose robbery as a means to survive in Lagos.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that the suspect, Obinma, was arrested by Police operatives from Ejigbo Division after he robbed a woman, who was selling hot drinks; carted away her phone and transferred all her money about N230, 000 to another bank account before he was caught.

The suspect reportedly told the Police that he was a painter but when the business was not flourishing, he abandoned it and moved into robbery and there were changes in his life.

He said he hails from Anambra State but came to Lagos some years back and tried to make a living as a painter. When he was not getting enough to take care of himself, he joined robbery.

According to the residents, the suspect, Obinma, said that he had engaged in several robbery operations without the use of arms but deployed tricks to steal people’s personal items and escape.

Obinma had always succeeded until he came from Cele area of Okota to Ejigbo area of Lagos when he went to a woman and bought a drink. He gave the woman N1000 for N100 worth of drink. When the woman went to look for change, he stole her phone and gave it to his accomplice who quickly used the woman’s phone to transfer her money to another account.

However, he was eventually caught after the woman looked for her phone, raised alarm and held him. Her neighbours attempted to mob him before the Police rescued him and took him to the station for interrogation.

When P.M.EXPRESS correspondent visited Ejigbo Police Division to get comments from the DPO, CSP Olabisi Okuwobi, over the matter, she was said to have gone out for monitoring in the area.

However, Police sources confirmed the arrest of the suspect, Obinma and said he will be charged to Court after the conclusion of investigation.

Source: https://pmexpressng.com/i-was-a-painter-but-robbery-paid-better-suspect-confesses/

6 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by Skmoda360(m): 8:43am On May 05, 2020
This one is mad oooo....now he will go and be painting them in the prison...sho lo stupid ni cool

65 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by Coolbreeze1988(m): 8:47am On May 05, 2020
Prison is the end my brother, so go and be enjoying the dividend of robbery in prison

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by illicit(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2020
he will go and paint the jail red grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by irunoko(m): 9:03am On May 05, 2020
So because of ordinary 230k you enter prison? shocked

If you know how fast 200 k finishes,you nor go go thief.230k that cannot even buy land in Lagos

Broda ode

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by dawnomike(m): 9:11am On May 05, 2020
Broda wey mumu...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by Hoodbilonia: 9:18am On May 05, 2020
U shud af gone to a place where they sell stuffs na.
Do transfer shaps. Buy 4 home theater. 60k
But sorry woman too sharp
She block account too late
Trace and tracked the stolen phone i guess
Or tru bvn
Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by omocalabar(m): 9:42am On May 05, 2020
Leave this man alone...Even Abacha's loot is now described as asset by AGN

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by Lovelyn451(f): 9:42am On May 05, 2020
As if he was ever dedicated to the painting job..hmm

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by Sundaypaul12345: 9:42am On May 05, 2020
Sure

1 Like

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by Perfecttouchade: 9:42am On May 05, 2020
Weyrey, no be your fault..sheybi our politicians are bigger robber

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by dahnimoh(m): 9:42am On May 05, 2020
Eeeeeehn

7 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by Tissaia(f): 9:43am On May 05, 2020
them developers 110% are criminals

Chinedu Obinma,

Congratulations in your identity check

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by DropsMic(m): 9:43am On May 05, 2020
Crime pays.... But one day you will pay with your freedom that's if street no lynch you.

... Stay off crime.

5 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by AmazingELixir: 9:43am On May 05, 2020
lipsrsealed

PM Express needs to be closed down.

6 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by dontbothermuch: 9:43am On May 05, 2020
sad
Too bad
Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by HQDesign: 9:43am On May 05, 2020
embarassed
Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by NaijadrivaCars: 9:43am On May 05, 2020
Ekperime.

Oloshi

Barawo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by McClean573: 9:43am On May 05, 2020
This robber is a very funny guy grin He is right though.
The difference between robbers and the rest of us is that, we are willing to wait for a month to get a paycheck. While a robber jumps the line and want to get the same paycheck in about 5 mins.

5 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by infini771: 9:43am On May 05, 2020
Prison will give you the best pay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by AhlexOfficial(m): 9:43am On May 05, 2020
What a choice you made

6 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by money121(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2020
Ok
Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by martineverest(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2020
u can now cool off in luxury-full Nigerian prison.....wish u the best and enjoyment in Nigerian prison paradise

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by hakeem4(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2020
He should be jailed asap, maybe painting the four walls of a prison will make him change grin

5 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by Twinkleberyl: 9:44am On May 05, 2020
It is well
Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by xcesspaschal(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2020
U re a free man but prison is better

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by AgbariOjukwu1: 9:45am On May 05, 2020
Awon developers. Igbos commit crimes wherever they go.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2020
grin grin
Ok ... Jail will even pay best.

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Painter But Robbery Paid Better – Suspect Confesses by EmmaOgbu(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2020
B

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five African Migrants Arrested In Libya For Running A Brothel (Photos) / Police Arrest 2 Armed Robbers In Imo(photo) / Fake Alert Scammer Caught And Disgraced By Angry Youths In Delta State (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.