Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt (1459 Views)

Package Delivery / Package Delivery Problems: Shop & Ship From UK |& USA With Ishop / SAME-DAY PACKAGE DELIVERY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:04am On May 05, 2020
Fellow Nairalanders
I needed a laptop and I recently came across a seller on jiji who has the specific model I am looking for,actually,the laptop is on Amazon,but they can not deliver to Nigeria at the moment due to the covid 19 pandemic.
So I got talking with the seller on WhatsApp,we agreed on the price and other things but now,to deliver the package from Lagos (where he is) to Port Harcourt(where I am) is the issue
He is saying that his company's policy is pay on delivery,but it isn't possible at the moment,so he has suggested that I transfer the money to his account first,then he will send me the laptop through GIG logistics.I have also suggested some other methods such as him sending someone from Lagos to deliver the laptop in which I will foot the transportation fare and others,but he said that none of his staff will agree to come over.
This is my first time of buying something online,so I dont know how secure this is,I actually know Amazon, whose services are safe,but I am aware that jiji has warned all of us customers to always insist on "pay-on-delivery"
So now I am asking from the experienced folks over here, what do u suggest that I do and should I go ahead and wire the money??
I apologise for the long epistle
P.S:The laptop costs 280k
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by nifemi25(m): 9:17am On May 05, 2020
I will advice you insisted on payment on delivery so as not to blame your village people ..
be warned
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:29am On May 05, 2020
nifemi25:
I will advice you insisted on payment on delivery so as not to blame your village people ..
be warned
I actually wanted that,but there Is lockdown everywhere so he can't leave Lagos now
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by SocialJustice: 9:29am On May 05, 2020
Payment on delivery only.
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:34am On May 05, 2020
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work i have been scam alot of times on jiji and and some have really delivered to me, I can help u, let him send his address, we can go there and verify the place for u, my airforce friends. When he see us, nothing will make him not to send it to u.
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by wowdiva: 9:57am On May 05, 2020
EvilWithin:
Fellow Nairalanders
I needed a laptop and I recently came across a seller on jiji who has the specific model I am looking for,actually,the laptop is on Amazon,but they can not deliver to Nigeria at the moment due to the covid 19 pandemic.
So I got talking with the seller on WhatsApp,we agreed on the price and other things but now,to deliver the package from Lagos (where he is) to Port Harcourt(where I am) is the issue
He is saying that his company's policy is pay on delivery,but it isn't possible at the moment,so he has suggested that I transfer the money to his account first,then he will send me the laptop through GIG logistics.I have also suggested some other methods such as him sending someone from Lagos to deliver the laptop in which I will foot the transportation fare and others,but he said that none of his staff will agree to come over.
This is my first time of buying something online,so I dont know how secure this is,I actually know Amazon, whose services are safe,but I am aware that jiji has warned all of us customers to always insist on "pay-on-delivery"
So now I am asking from the experienced folks over here, what do u suggest that I do and should I go ahead and wire the money??
I apologise for the long epistle
P.S:The laptop costs 280k
RUN! Even if it's payment on delivery as long as it's from jiji, RUN! I a similar experience in February, but it was my husband that was duped via payment on delivery via same jiji. They found a way to distract him and switched the item. We reported the issue to jiji. They never responded. jiji has been hijacked by scammers . There are creditable stores on instagram that also have physical stores that sells.
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Chimaobison(m): 9:59am On May 05, 2020
It is better you make payment on delivery of the goods for the few reasons ;
1. physical inspection
2. Safe retention of your money
Except the seller is a well known individual of which at the failure of the delivery you can get him Immediately. Otherwise don't pay for any product which is yet to be delivered.
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:25am On May 05, 2020
DaddyGngeess:
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work i have been scam alot of times on jiji and and some have really delivered to me, I can help u, let him send his address, we can go there and verify the place for u, my airforce friends. When he see us, nothing will make him not to send it to u.
Okay @daddygngesss
I will ask him for his physical address
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:26am On May 05, 2020
wowdiva:

RUN! Even if it's payment on delivery as long as it's from jiji, RUN! I a similar experience in February, but it was my husband that was duped via payment on delivery via same jiji. They found a way to distract him and switched the item. We reported the issue to jiji. They never responded. jiji has been hijacked by scammers . There are creditable stores on instagram that also have physical stores that sells.
@wowdiva
Thank u very much, I won't proceed with the transaction anymore
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:31am On May 05, 2020
The guy is actually faceless on his WhatsApp

Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by nifemi25(m): 11:58am On May 05, 2020
[quote author=EvilWithin post=89204211]
I actually wanted that,but there Is lockdown everywhere so he can't leave Lagos now[/q

Oga why not calm down till when the lockdown is lifted...am sure this jiji seller isn't the only person selling the type of laptop you wanted....

If your mind still insisted on sending the money to him,you can go ahead but please don't blame your village people or bring up a thread on how you are scammed.
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 05, 2020
[quote author=nifemi25 post=89209576][/quote]
Well,the laptop is on Amazon but its always "out of stock",I have noticed this for a few months now,so even if the corona virus wahala ends, there is still no assurance that I can get it there.
Moreover,I did not say that I am going to transfer the said amount blindly to the jiji seller,I'm just seeking for more practical measures that can secure my money and both the package too so there wouldn't be any issues
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 05, 2020
I am planning to create a different thread on delivery through GIG logistics
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by belcom10(m): 4:37pm On May 05, 2020
I stay in lagos. I can bring it to port Harcourt for you. Just arranged let me meet the seller.

EvilWithin:
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by omorttee4u(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2020
EvilWithin:

If GIG logistic can receive package pay on delivery. Cool. You can go ahead.
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Davisk11(m): 6:44pm On May 05, 2020
EvilWithin:
The guy is actually faceless on his WhatsApp
being faceless gives him red flag...n that number itself ...anytime I see any number that starts with 0812 or 0902 Bros no go Bleep ..na.pure scam.na to divert your call immediately he receives your money
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:22am On May 06, 2020
belcom10:

I stay in lagos. I can bring it to port Harcourt for you. Just arranged let me meet the seller.

Well I dunno
How do I trust u
Some would assume that u would abscond with the package
Please no offense

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by belcom10(m): 12:26pm On May 06, 2020
Issue of trust cannot be waived out in business.
I will give you contact in Port Harcourt. You will visit to know.
Then I meet your seller we go together to courier office to send it. Then after you receive your goods you pay me a fee.

EvilWithin:

Well I dunno
How do I trust u
Some would assume that u would abscond with the package
Please no offense
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 06, 2020
belcom10:
Issue of trust cannot be waived out in business.
I will give you contact in Port Harcourt. You will visit to know.
Then I meet your seller we go together to courier office to send it. Then after you receive your goods you pay me a fee.

Sounds like a nice idea
Thank u
Re: Package Delivery From Lagos To Port Harcourt by belcom10(m): 12:37pm On May 06, 2020
You are welcome. Let me know when you're ready. So I can give you my contact .

EvilWithin:

Sounds like a nice idea
Thank u

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Fraudster Fell VICTIM... Played Into My Hands Again / Naira Up To N1,430/$ In Parallel Market / Help, I Have N40,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.