Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,334 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

The Fall Of The Yak - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Fall Of The Yak (737 Views)

Yak Off To Leicester On Loan / Mikel, Nsofor, Yak In Live Supersport Epl Show / Feed The Yak And He Will Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fall Of The Yak by mrinfo(m): 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2011
He is a player admired in the English Premier League but who has failed woefully to translate club form to the national team.

His lazy pattern of playing always got me mad (that I can assure you) but his I don't care attitude when wearing the dear green white green left made me want to grab him by the neck. Only that he's big and I doubt if I could do that and get away with it.

Somehow he forced himself on Nigerians and kept getting called up to the national squad (How he kept both foreign and local coaches obedient is what I cannot tell) until the last FIFA World cup in South Africa.

Yakubu Aiyegbeni then did what few African footballers have ever done. He got himself in the records for the wrongest reasons (don't mind my grammar please). He bagged the award for the worst miss in World Cup history.

And after the miss what did he do? Did he hold his hands in his head in sorrow? Did he shed tears of anguish? Was he crestfallen? No, not at all. Our man simply looked around at the cameras, smiling sheepishly.

He must have thought himself a hero then. It was so annoying that the then Minister for Sports, Alhaji Bio could not restrain himself fro wondering aloud how a serious player could miss such a goal chance before the whole world in such a prestigious tournament as the world cup and still show no remorse.

It was only after that miss that the swede merchant and traveller Lars Lagerback had the guts to pull him out of the match.

And now what's the state of Yakubu since his infamous world cup miss?

He has virtually been confined to the bench at his club, Everton. He has scored only once for his club this season (and the season has gone past midway).

But the biggest sign that the former reliable premier league striker is really on a serious downward slide is the fact that championship side Leicester City wants to sign him. Now, for me, that is a serious fall from grace to grass.

Did I hear somebody say he brought it on himself? I can't tell but I am sure glad he will not be breaking our hearts in the Super Eagles for some while to come.

To Yak I say,'The downfall of a man is not the end of his playing career'

http://soccerfiesta..com
Re: The Fall Of The Yak by sley4life(m): 2:47pm On Jan 12, 2011
Yak should go down on his kneels & pray
Re: The Fall Of The Yak by Ibime(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2011
No mind dem psychophants like Dr Kit who've been encouraging the old lazy buffoon.

The old man should go and finish his career in Leicester jare. He forced himself on Nigerians by collecting National shirt without merit (prolly paying some NFF wigs). He refused to humble himself and accept that he's useless to Super Eagles fans, now God has debased him. He should have just enjoyed his money and stop forcing his useless self on Super Eagles fans. In all my history of watching SE, there's no player I despised more than Yakubu.

(1) (Reply)

Guinness Lines Up Spain For Eagles / Olympic Basketball: Usa Vs Lithuania Full Time Score (99-94) / Usain Bolt Wins 200m Heat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.