Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters (958 Views)

We Need Web Designers Urgently / For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by nduaj(m): 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2007
HELLO FELLOW WEBMEN,
I have been a regular visitor and user of this forum for all sorts of reasons. I have seen the good , bad and ugly sides. and while some are getting better, some arent, but in any case, we are all looking good.

The other day, i was thiking to myself and then it hit me, "why cant we all come together (u know HTML people, php gurus , ASp develipers, Flash Animators, Photoshop desginers etc) and meet PHYSICALY (not virtually or electronically) in a forum or breakfast meeting or something of that sort. It will be a platform for us to meet ourselves, help each other out, basically create a network amongst ourselves.

You know two heads are always better than one, but now am talking about over a hundred heads. I tell you, if we can do this,we will all benefit from it.
I am a web developer in a leading IT firm in Lagos.I have a lot of experience in all kinds of software and techniques and a growing portfolio to back up my claims ( I have even put some on this site for u guys to review). But whats the use of having all this knowledge if thers no one you can pass it to.I am willing to help other programmers and web developers out there and i know there are others like me who wanna help other and meet other developers out there, so i say LETS DO THIS.

I am willign to sponsor the first breakfast meeting, but what i want are your resposes on this issue. I will be very convinced if i can start with at least 100 (or more ) developers in the first meetin.
So its now up to you guys , WHAT DO U THINK send me reponse and emails (ndubuisi_18@yahoo.com) on this lets see how we can move on
I ASSURE YOU, WE WILL ALL BENEFIT FROM THIS.

THANK YOU ALL AS I AWAIT RESPONSES ON THIS ISSUE.
(Phew, i usually dont write this long (except for scripts) but this is an excemption).
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by fitinwell: 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2007
Well to me as a web designer and also a developer, i support this, but i think this will only work on honest ground most Nigerians in quote always prove to be smarter than another,

u can visit my web www.bolajimedia.com or www.bolajimediaworks..com or call 08028088179 or email me: fitinwell@yahoo.com

Well i just pray this work out among us, but to me i think it's a great Ideal.

And i say God help us on this matter, ( AMEN )
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2007
make it 3 am a web designer and a linux semi whiz also a good graphist
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by gbolio4(m): 3:03am On Jun 11, 2007
Not a bad idea,

A [b]novel idea [/b]it is - I would say - in fact.

But not to forget that not all of us live around Lagos ! [As i presume that's where you're posting from]
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by nduaj(m): 8:48am On Jun 11, 2007
Thanks for @ least the quick resposes i ve recieved so far. Well to answer the above, i know some people think they are "larger than life " and will not subscribe to such an iidea, but thers a saying that goes thus ; "Those that matter dont mind and those that mind dont matter". personaly speaking, from what i have seen around nigeria for now, i can rate myself as a top grader in this web development thing; with regards to Design (Layout, HTML, CSS), Flash, Programming (PHP, ASP,.NET, VB and many more), database (Oracle, Mysql partially on sql sever) grahics etc.
I know i am good, but even if i wasnt the one hosting this idea, I would still be the first to jump into it. I dont care how good anyone is, what i know is that you still have a lot to learn from everyone.
So i say, those that think they are too good should humble themselves and get inovlved in this for thier own good.They are not half as good as some of us.yet we are the ones calling for such a forum.
God knows how mighty he made man, he knows man was made in his image , but yet , once in the bible, he instructed us to learn from THE ANT. no matter how big u tink you are, there is wisdom to learn from the small.
SO EVRY ONE IS IMPORTANT.
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by Afam(m): 9:20am On Jun 11, 2007
@nduaj,

Your post is just less than 3 days and you are assuming that some may not want to join because they feel they are larger than life. What if some people that visit this section have not been to nairaland for 1 week?

Your comment is uncalled for and it is such comments that kill the spirit of a team even before it takes off.

You can neither insult the sensibilities of people nor cajole people into coming together to form a group. The humility you talk about should begin with you as you sound arrogant in your last post, boasting that you are a top grader in this web development thing and that some people are not half as good as some of you is certainly not the way to go.

Goodluck.
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by nduaj(m): 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2007
@Afam

if you read all the strings that were sent, you will nderstand why i said what i said earlier. I was responding to a post some one made earlier bout larger than lifedevelopers. I was not making a general statement.if it sounded that way, i didnt mean it.
but I know and mean what i said when i said i was a top grader. Pride isnt saying what you are Pride rather is saying what you are @ the expense of someone else.I know who i am and have no apologies for that. I f i was proud, i would not be the one startin what i am trying to start.
I have never insulted any webdeveloper in this forum or anywhere else, and i never intend to. I learnt all i know today with the helop of God and other well meaning human beings who trained me selflessly over the years. it is that same type of service i am always willing to give young and upcoming developers.

so Afam, i hope you get me on this.

NB: Are u intersted in the forum?
holla back Ok, one luve smiley
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by Afam(m): 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2007
@nduaj,

Personal language is usually different from team language and you should remember that people don't just read other people's minds so it is your duty to be as clear as possible especially when making your points on a public forum like this one.

As regards the forum proper, anything that is not arranged online will be difficult for me to participate in due to time.

Good luck.
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by juintade(m): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2007
Why dont you incorporate conference calls using packages like skype, msn, yahoo, macromedia breeze, etc so that people based abroad can join in.

Sounds interesting and I would be looking forward to join, but I am based abroad.

Email: olulakun@gmail.com
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:12am On Jun 13, 2007
Plz don't lets deviate from the thread and turn it into something else .this should be an avenue to learn and also teach others
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by Psymatix(m): 11:11am On Jun 13, 2007
Why don't u organise a seminar to discuss new events and technology in the development community.i.e. for a physical location, and organise the forum you are suggesting online. it may be easier that way
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by nduaj(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2007
@Psymatix

thanks so much for the input. Your Idea is a great one.I will kep you posted on developments. Thank so much to you and everyone who has shown interest. Once we reach a considerable amount of interested members (maybe 50 - 100) I will move to the next level i.e the venue of the meeting. Please spread the word. my e mail ndubuisi_18@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot friends
(Remeber, this project belongs to all of usĀ  smiley )
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by kennasoft: 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2007
Sorry, just wanted to know,
are you the Ndubuisi Aja i know?
UNN, NCF, DC wink
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by nduaj(m): 12:05pm On Jun 13, 2007
@kennasoft

mistaken ID, sorry, but am pleased to meet you smiley
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by Seun(m): 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2007
What business do web designers have with each other?
Go and meet with your customers please. Stop conspiring against them!
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by nduaj(m): 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2007
@seun

with all due respect seun, web developers have a lot in common and have a lot to do with each other. we do not intend to conspire against our customers but on the contrary, create a forum to serve them better.

Thank you.
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by Psymatix(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2007
2 Seun:

I think the guy proposing the idea is more interested in web developers building each other up and networking, besides web design conferences are nothing new. e.g. @media organised by Vivabit.
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by krs1(m): 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2007
Every naija web designer should go hook up on www.webmastersofafrica.com">http:www.webmastersofafrica.com. From there we can start to forge ahead.

my2cents, where are u? i think you should have somthn to say about nduaj's idea.
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by Seun(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2007
Professional organizations tend to make some very retrogressive decisions. Politics can be harmful to business.
When the computer village vendors came together, the only result was that they banned price advertisement.
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by Afam(m): 9:06am On Jun 14, 2007
Seun:

Professional organizations tend to make some very retrogressive decisions. Politics can be harmful to business.

I tend to agree with the first statement as this is obvious in many professional associations in Nigeria as they focus more energy on how they can benefit even to the detriment of the people that are supposed to be providing services for.

Seun:

When the computer village vendors came together, the only result was that they banned price advertisement.

The issue of banning price advertisement has nothing to do with the vendors but with complaints by the public that some of these prices were being used to lure people to their shops only to find out that the products are either more expensive or non existent.
Re: We Need To All Come Together As Web Designers And Masters by nduaj(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ everyone

Thanks so much for all the input, i am learning so much, but we will all benefit from this, keep spreading the word and once i have a reasonable number, i will start sending u all the Invitations, thanks a lot again u are all too kind

the future belongs to technology, UP WEB DEVELOPERS grin

(1) (Reply)

Php 4 Ends For Life 31/12/2007 / Great Blog, Low Traffic / How Do I Insert A Fash Swf Banner On My Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.