Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? (46672 Views)

High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### / Top 5 Cheapest Small Phones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Passionate1(m): 3:17pm On May 06, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
if ashawo for brothels can increase price, why cant phone sellers?
U still dey nak ashewo ?
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Mohammedqodri: 3:18pm On May 06, 2020
It does o... I sell phones both iPhone and Samsung.. you can WhatsApp me for enquirers M&M gadgets 08132474252
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by pacificom: 3:21pm On May 06, 2020
potbelly:
OP... I will advise you hold on a bit cos prices of phone have gone rooftop...

I dont understand why cos since lockdown was in effect I want to believe no phone was imported during that period... unless they are saying underground importation was going on...

Then again... this phones i want to believe are old stock which they must have had before the lockdown... but since no sales they increased prices to try and regain as much profit as possible to the detriment of the buyer...

Na them sabi sha...
Hey chief, buying n selling business is not like you taught. Everyone deal with current market price cos many risk factors are involved in this trading. for instance, I shipped an item which I bought at the exchange rate of N360/$ before Covid 19 lockdown, I have to clear the goods at the rate of N450/$ as of current Black market rate. How can I sell at old price now??
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Profitcost: 3:24pm On May 06, 2020
Dollar increased to almost N400
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by THANOS27: 3:39pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=potbelly post=89239792]OP... I will advise you hold on a bit cos prices of phone have gone rooftop...

I dont understand why cos since lockdown was in effect I want to believe no phone was imported during that period... unless they are saying underground importation was going on...

Then again... this phones i want to believe are old stock which they must have had before the lockdown... but since no sales they increased prices to try and regain as much profit as possible to the detriment of the buyer...

Oga they have to sell at the current market price so they can restock ...it’s an exchange rate issue
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Naijaarchive(m): 3:40pm On May 06, 2020
It already did nd not only phones... Electronics generally since we don't manufacture them... Some phones are already scarce in Nigeria
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by NoToPile: 3:40pm On May 06, 2020
Huawei Y9 67k plus last week of december, 73k plus before lockdown, 80,900 on monday.

Slot increased their price on monday, the lady had to go and confirm new price.

Prices will keep on increasing.

Everything is now expensive.
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by carpdiemz: 3:40pm On May 06, 2020
potbelly:
OP... I will advise you hold on a bit cos prices of phone have gone rooftop...

Na them sabi sha...

Dint mind op , this kind of post will make sellers to increase the price of commodities, we Nigerians are like that , we just like to use any opportunity to scam each other
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Kimzo: 3:41pm On May 06, 2020
toutlemonde:
Bought Samsung A10s for 52k last week instead of the normal 38-42k price range
I almost bought that phone, not until I saw the camera spec, I hope you're enjoying the phone though
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by DreamzInc: 3:46pm On May 06, 2020
Limited stock + high demand = price hike
With exchange rate increasing, na die we dey

1 Like

Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by toutlemonde: 3:56pm On May 06, 2020
Kimzo:
I almost bought that phone, not until I saw the camera spec, I hope you're enjoying the phone though

I bought it for someone.
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by hansomb: 3:59pm On May 06, 2020
For after every hardship comes ease but only for the patient one
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Island01: 4:04pm On May 06, 2020
Fineboy444:

Scammer

all this kids, that don't know there next meal,have I scam your surname before or are you so frustrated on free opera mini browser, and never you quote me again
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by hansomb: 4:05pm On May 06, 2020
Since China has resume production, they will quickly offset the vacuum left during their own lockdown, when the crises is over there will be high supply and low demand because there's less money in circulation.
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by yemisiara(m): 4:05pm On May 06, 2020
if you have the money buy it now.
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Millenniumlady(f): 4:13pm On May 06, 2020
toutlemonde:
Bought Samsung A10s for 52k last week instead of the normal 38-42k price range
Can You buy one for me smiley
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Kimzo: 4:23pm On May 06, 2020
toutlemonde:

I bought it for someone.
okay
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by dapadawee: 4:24pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=potbelly post=89239792]OP... I will advise you hold on a bit cos prices of phone have gone rooftop...

Na them sabi sha... [/quot
the only thing that determine increasing price of any imported goods is dollar for now dollar is higher so every goods will be high
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by potbelly(m): 4:24pm On May 06, 2020
Well understood boss...
pacificom:

Hey chief, buying n selling business is not like you taught. Everyone deal with current market price cos many risk factors are involved in this trading. for instance, I shipped an item which I bought at the exchange rate of N360/$ before Covid 19 lockdown, I have to clear the goods at the rate of N450/$ as of current Black market rate. How can I sell at old price now??
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by agarawu23(m): 4:25pm On May 06, 2020
I don't even know how u guys get money to buy phone after being lockdown for 5 weeks and everyone is complaining of hunger. Am I missing something? undecided
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Ikennafabian651(m): 4:31pm On May 06, 2020
Prices of everything has skyrocket to wat we can't explain ryt nw
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by toutlemonde: 4:34pm On May 06, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Can You buy one for me smiley

Of course. smiley
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Millenniumlady(f): 4:38pm On May 06, 2020
toutlemonde:

Of course. smiley
Awwww that's so sweet of you
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by SirLakes: 4:38pm On May 06, 2020
Go use the money stock your house with food and if you have more than enough food. keep the money and manage the phone wey you get for the main time.

No be person go tell them to reduce the price later.
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by uvie66: 4:44pm On May 06, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
Yes o. Almost the price of many things increased. Samsung Galaxy A20s was sold at 53,500 before the lockdown at slot but it is now sold for 62,500. Sumec firman 3800 was sold at 85,000 before lockdown but not sold at 105,000.
No need to complain let the law of demand and supply take its course....if no one buys then the prices will come back down.
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by BigTableShaker(f): 4:48pm On May 06, 2020
obi4eze:
Yea. It did. The price increased especially for Sammy.
Before that pandemic I saw A Sammy S20Ultra for 300k, I tried low balling to 250k, now it's 400k firm!!!
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by toutlemonde: 4:48pm On May 06, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Awwww that's so sweet of you
embarassed Don't mention.
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by vikstandon(m): 4:51pm On May 06, 2020
But some people get mind o.
I got to Fine Brothers in Enugu; I had already priced Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro on Tuesday @82.9k it was way higher than my budget... I went back today to pick it up; only to find out it has increased to 99k.
One nigga on top say I dey feel the increment burden for my kidney...Paid for IPhone 11@499k.
Abeg no be the same country we dey!!
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by kingzephyr(m): 4:53pm On May 06, 2020
Can anyone help with the price of Infinix hot 8 now??
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by MhizGladys(f): 4:56pm On May 06, 2020
Please, any idea how much Infinix S5 pro is now?
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by KayCee92(m): 5:07pm On May 06, 2020
Yes, the prices are already affected....
Re: Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 06, 2020
FGonline:
phone,cloths foreign item e.t.c
leave that clothes,who cares, clothes seller have little or no patronage now,na food sure pass.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girl Discovers Paper Inside A N35k Phone She Bought With Her Salary In Lagos / Samsung S22 Ultra Unboxing And Camera Comparison With Iphone 13 Pro Max (photos) / Unclad Man Climbing Mast In Lekki (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.