Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

A Short History Of Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Short History Of Blogging (1152 Views)

Linda Ikeji Et Al.:When Plagiarism Becomes the Cancer of Blogging / 67 Lessons I Have Learned In Almost 3 Years Of Blogging. / What Are The Advantages Of Blogging? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short History Of Blogging by feefon(m): 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2011
[center]A short history of Blogging[/center]

I hereby present to you in 394 words, how the terms Blogging, Blog, Blogger was first started, Origins, the geniuses behind the words, the year the word was first used and its purpose. Since Blogging occurs on the World Wide Web one can say the creator of the World Wide Web is the first person known to be a Blogger.

Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee is an English engineer and computer scientist and MIT professor credited with inventing the World Wide Web, making the first proposal for it in March 1989. On 25 December 1990, with the help of Robert Cailliau and a young student staff at CERN, he implemented the first successful communication between an HTTP client and server via the Internet. In 2007, he was ranked Joint First, alongside Albert Hofmann, in The Telegraph’s list of 100 greatest living geniuses.

Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee is the first person to create a Blog
(http://www.w3.org/History/19921103-hypertext/hypertext/WWW/News/9201.html) in my opinion. And he is also a living genius. It takes a smart thinking mind to realize why Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee is the creator and the first person to blog, if you try to open the link I posted about his work in the 90’s you will realize that he was blogging. He blogged about his research and success and he shared them online just like anyBloggeris doing.

The origin of the term “Blog”.

Jorn Barger is an American blogger, best known today as editor of
Robot Wisdom, an influential early weblog. Barger coined the term weblog to describe the process of “logging the web” as he surfed. The short form, “blog,” was later coined by Peter Merholz.

In 1999, Blogger and Pitas began to offer a simpler way to create a weblog. These hosted services allowed any person to easily sign up, create a blog, and write numerous postings. All without having to know HTML.

Pyra Labs launched Blogger On August 23, 1999 As one of the earliest dedicated blog-publishing tools, it is credited for helping popularize the format.

Pyra Labs was acquired by Google under undisclosed terms In February 2003. The acquisition allowed premium features (for which Pyra had charged) to become free. About a year later, Pyra Labs co-founder, Evan Williams, left Google.

If you think I am missing something or on the wrong path please do not hesitate to inform me by commenting below. Thanks.
Good luck with your dreams, I hope I was able to help you little with my words.
Re: A Short History Of Blogging by sonamathews40(f): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
There is an infographic about History of blogging that will take you back to the 1990's when the web was born. Blogging has developed a lot in past decade and new face of blogging is completely professional.
Re: A Short History Of Blogging by Donmoscojaja(m): 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
nonsense!! how does this bring $$

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Tech Co-founder / 2 Million Or More As An Investment On A Website / How Can Set Up Access To Download Ebooks From My Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.