Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:44 AM

The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know (53593 Views)

16 New Infectious Disease Treatment Centers Under Construction Across Nigeria / Ekweremadu: Infectious Disease Bill More Dangerous Than Coronavirus / Infectious Disease Bill: House Of Representatives Under Pressure To Suspend Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by elfico(m): 7:00pm On May 06, 2020
kponkedenge:
All I saw above was about diphtheria, measles, polio and meningitis.
I have a close friend that wasn't immunized as a child, he eventually contracted polio, and the scar of it IS and WILL continue to hunt him for the rest of his life.
There's nothing wrong taking a vaccine for any of these.... But forcing it on people is what I don't want.
Let those that don't want to take be left alone, others that want to take... Let them be given.

That's just my take.
But then of course the problem is that those that are not vaccinated will spread the disease further. Speaking of polio, when some parts of the north refused to vaccinate their kids, it lead to a spike in cases. The result of which we now see today in the form of physically disabled children and young adults who are left to beg on the street and at the mercy of what every the society throws at them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by chuksmad(m): 7:13pm On May 06, 2020
AmazingELixir:

When the government brings up such idea we will be ready.....but until then let's have some measure of hope on our government and disabuse our minds that the authorities are always out to undermine or undo us as citizens.
this guy I am suppecting you. You must be part of the system
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by Nino36: 7:17pm On May 06, 2020
Naija246:
I'm not afraid of death.
If the vaccine kills me then no wahala.
We are at the end game guys,Jesus is coming!
Many of you will lose your lives,become very sick and sterile because of these vaccines but don’t be afraid
The devil can only destroy the body he can’t destroy the soul
I replied you because of your love for God. Brother just pray that God should reveal things to you.
Bless You
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by Niggmatic: 7:28pm On May 06, 2020
Iamundisputed:
They were under pressure to act fast... COVID19 is not a joke. Although I believe there should be some adjustments to this bill so that conspiracy theorists won't come and use it as an avenue to spread more lies like 5G and Antichrist... undecided

There's nothing wrong with that bill

1 Like

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by Niggmatic: 7:35pm On May 06, 2020
lipsrsealed
kponkedenge:
All I saw above was about diphtheria, measles, polio and meningitis.
I have a close friend that wasn't immunized as a child, he eventually contracted polio, and the scar of it IS and WILL continue to hunt him for the rest of his life.
There's nothing wrong taking a vaccine for any of these.... But forcing it on people is what I don't want.
Let those that don't want to take be left alone, others that want to take... Let them be given.

That's just my take.

Every child has the right to healthy life. Vaccination against any infections disease should be compulsory. It is not up to parents to decide whether a child should be healthy or not. If a child get deformed tomorrow because of an infectious disease, parents will leave them to their fate. Will the parent stay forever to keep caring for the person in case of any disability that might come as a result of their inaction? You sef think am
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by kponkedenge(m): 7:40pm On May 06, 2020
Niggmatic:
lipsrsealed

Every child has the right to healthy life. Vaccination against any infections disease should be compulsory. It is not up to parents to decide whether a child should be healthy or not. If a child get deformed tomorrow because of an infectious disease, parents will leave them to their fate. Will the parent stay forever to keep caring for the person in case of any disability that might come as a result of their inaction? You sef think am

I understand what you mean, but then again some people are against the vaccine (if it ever arises) for Covid-19 because of some 'anti christ' mentality..... That's why I said people should not be forced like all of them are insinuating.... If they want to take then it's up to them....or better still they can reject it.
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by koolaid87: 7:57pm On May 06, 2020
Gate and his agenda again

He alwsys has issue with afrikan population and their depopulation agenda Is working perfectly

First is to create a pandemic
Second is to introduce a miraculous vaccines.

There is a hidden agenda to all these.

Gate, fauci, Chinese communist party masterminded this madness going on.

Gate warned about a potential pandemic
Fauci warned cdc about a potential disease outbreak
China admitted creating the deadly virus

This is an agenda

1 Like

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by lexander(m): 8:08pm On May 06, 2020
Funny enough no bill has been proposed to stop embezzling and entire basic amenities are provided for the masses cry

3 Likes

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by bakescos01: 8:14pm On May 06, 2020
AmazingELixir:
cool cool cool

From the write up I really don't see any reason for the public outcry against the bill...the fact that it bestows much power to the DG NCDC who in this case is a career technocrat as against a politician gives the bill credence.

The only worries is the overzealous nature of the enforcers especially the men in black, my thoughts though.

How can someone think like this, who appoint the technocrat? Isn’t it the corrupt politicians? Who pay his salary ? Corrupt politicians. The NCDC boss will always answer to his pay master. Just like INEC is compromised and police compromised , army compromised . All agency that is suppose to act independently are being bought by the politicians and what will make NCDC different?
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by rapcy(m): 8:30pm On May 06, 2020
ZombieNation:
The Bill to cull and sterilize the population.

Welcome to the New World Zionist Order, number 66681087097690708

Health Care comes in a needle in the form of vaccines. Remember prevention is better than cure!

Food will be a combination of amino acid protein from bugs and worms supplemented with carbohydrates grown from GMO crops at AGROSOFT - your world leader in food production. Take a pill and its a four-square meal. No more beef. That's barbaric and bad for the environment.

You will own no property in the Soviet Zionist Global Empire - only our Jewish overlords are allowed to own anything and everything including us - they are the chosen ones remember. Without them their god would have destroyed us. We serve our Jewish masters and Messiah Gates. Besides I got credited 2 BG coins on my Citizens account for reporting my neighbor. I caught him roasting a rat. Fire and meat is bad. So says Messiah Gates. Religion is bad too. Now I go to work station to feed and milk the cows at Master Shekelbergs farm. After that I go wait on Master Noseberg to see if he will need to have his sheep rounded up. Probably spend my 2 BG coins at the Sodom and Gomorah Bar for Goyims. Maybe next year I can afford to go to the Lesbian Arcade and pay for a descent wh0re. Sex with women is only for our Jewish Overlords. World population would explode if all of us had sex with women.

I am a good Goyim.

It won't make sense to a lot now, till it starts manifesting

1 Like

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by rookidmart: 8:45pm On May 06, 2020
Xuxu208:

Here, o this link and learn more about the Polio vaccine:https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/06/28/534403083/mutant-strains-of-polio-vaccine-now-cause-more-paralysis-than-wild-polio
I read it.
The mutant strains only affect unvaccinated people; vaccinated people are immune to both the wild and mutated vaccine strains.
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by rookidmart: 8:46pm On May 06, 2020
kponkedenge:

I understand what you mean, but then again some people are against the vaccine (if it ever arises) for Covid-19 because of some 'anti christ' mentality..... That's why I said people should not be forced like all of them are insinuating.... If they want to take then it's up to them....or better still they can reject it.
Unvaccinated people can get the disease, and then the virus can mutate in them and possibly affect vaccinated people.
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by rookidmart: 8:51pm On May 06, 2020
InyinyaAgbaOku:

No, the part about making vaccination mandatory during outbreaks is very clear. Not even in the West is that tenable, it infringes on human rights. Those who want to be vaccinated are free to do so and aren't under any risk of infection by the unvaccinated, so , the latter should be free to practice their rights. Esp if the drug hasn't been tested on volunteers ab ignitio
Actually, in foreign countries there are fines on parents and directors of schools that refuse to vaccinate children.
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/science-and-health/2017/8/3/16069204/vaccine-fines-measles-outbreaks-europe-australia
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by bakescos01: 9:05pm On May 06, 2020
ceejayluv:

The bill clearly has to be worked on, I know. It was wholly plagiarized from the Singapore 1972 infectious diseases Bill. In a pandemic situation, there have to be some serious measures. Locking down cities and restricting movements on it's own for example is against All aspects of human rights, but it has to be done to fight such disaster. So also some other measures that may seem harsh are necessary to control pandemics.

The bubonic plague wiped almost a third of Europe in the middle ages.. if the only option they had was mandatory vaccination, they'd have grabbed it.

This thing is not hard, those that want to take the vaccine can take it and leave those that don’t want the vaccine out of it. At least those that take the vaccine will be immune to the virus and leave those that don’t want to give themselves and die. Let’s see who will die first inside those that took and those that don’t. It’s a practical thing, not hard at all.
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by xristos(m): 9:06pm On May 06, 2020
Y'all think this current DG will still be DG?
This bill was made for the new DG.

I won't say further....a global agenda in play.
We can only delay it but not stop it

2 Likes

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by Odogwu999(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2020
undecided[color=#770077][/color] E be like say dem don dy inhale sheet is it by force?
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:19pm On May 06, 2020
ZombieNation:

Tyranny will come in the name of public interest.

Glad to see that some of my compatriots can still think

1 Like

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by bakescos01: 9:22pm On May 06, 2020
AmazingELixir:

The bill isn't conceived for the purpose of this current pandemic alone but for all infectious diseases both existing and envisaged..

DGs of NCDC are groomed from the medical ranks not some random appointments of poiltican or political jobbers.

On the school of thoughts that heads of NCDC will align to some global conspiracy, such notion still lies with the realm of speculations and if that can happen within the NCDC it could as well happen in other spheres of our national life.

Why are you talking like you don’t know how politicians interfere in all agencies in Nigeria. From INEC, POLICE, ARMY, CJN and the likes of them. They are all independent agencies but we know now that is the president that puts anyone he wish in charge and it wasn’t suppose to be so. How could you possibly trust that the president won’t interfere in the DG of NCDC selection. Even the DG already said he is not in support of it not this period. The DG of NCDC already know that if this bill go through they will remove him in less that 3 month and put one aboki Doctor there.
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by samilly(m): 9:39pm On May 06, 2020
We will not accept this bill

2 Likes

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by PropertyBuying(f): 10:20pm On May 06, 2020
lexander:
Funny enough no bill has been proposed to stop embezzling and entire basic amenities are provided for the masses cry
In Nigeria?
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by sweetgala(m): 10:49pm On May 06, 2020
MistadeRegal:
It shall not stand.
Giving sweeping powers to who?
In this nation?
No way.

After reading it and you still failed to understand due to your ignorance. As it is in 2020 Nigeria every child is vaccinated for measles polio and meningitis.

Nigeria only just technically defeated polio last year.

Ignorance would not allow some people understand the importance of vaccination, you want to compare yourselves to the US where some miscreants are contesting vaccination.

Beyond Vaccination corona virus would wipe out 50% of the Nigerian population in less than 10 years.
But someone has sold the tale of Bill Gates wanting to vaccinate everyone such nonsense.
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:58pm On May 06, 2020
SocialJustice:
Depends on the outbreak. What are you really worried about? These things happen everywhere, if you try traveling out of Nigeria, you're forced to take vaccines, so what is the big deal with this case?

That the drug be tested on volunteers before making it mandatory
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by Yakyah: 11:07pm On May 06, 2020
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 06, 2020
AmazingELixir:
cool cool cool

From the write up I really don't see any reason for the public outcry against the bill...the fact that it bestows much power to the DG NCDC who in this case is a career technocrat as against a politician gives the bill credence.

The only worries is the overzealous nature of the enforcers especially the men in black, my thoughts though.
Mugun Guy a whole appointed the technocrat
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by darediamond(m): 11:43pm On May 06, 2020
jcross19:
This is another the reason white men see black as incomplete human being. they offered you money to terminate your own kind , meaning every black man has his own price. gbajamila your sons and daughters shall be used as lab rat.
AMEN!
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by SocialJustice: 11:48pm On May 06, 2020
InyinyaAgbaOku:

That the drug be tested on volunteers before making it mandatory
Clinical trials must done before it is tried on the public. Do not think the Nigerian government can grab people from the streets and forcefully vaccinate them. That is a call for anarchy, so chill.
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by Asifiwe(m): 11:57pm On May 06, 2020
mandatory vaccination is equal to medical rape, i have a right to decide what goes into my body

2 Likes

Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by suremanpatriot: 12:49am On May 07, 2020
MAY GOD ALMIGHTY KILL THIS BILL AND THE BILL THAT IS SPONSORING IT IN JESUS CHRIST NAME AMEN. undecided
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by suremanpatriot: 12:57am On May 07, 2020
Iamundisputed:
They were under pressure to act fast... COVID19 is not a joke. Although I believe there should be some adjustments to this bill so that conspiracy theorists won't come and use it as an avenue to spread more lies like 5G and Antichrist... undecided
You dont need to pass bill for compulsory vaccine,vaccine or tablet is by choice if you like.
So go take d vaccine whn it comes and leave other people alone whether they die or live is not for you to know. angry
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by agabusta: 1:04am On May 07, 2020
AmazingELixir:
cool cool cool

Nigerians and cry cry. Showcasing herd mentality up and down. Some of the people crying out loud have not even read the provisions by themselves.

What we need to do is to take out the obnoxious sections and make it more reasonable.

We dont have to throw away the baby with the bathing water.
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by Nobody: 1:40am On May 07, 2020
suremanpatriot:

You dont need to pass bill for compulsory vaccine,vaccine or tablet is by choice if you like.
So go take d vaccine whn it comes and leave other people alone whether they die or live is not for you to know. angry

My man, I mentioned in my post that the bill needed an amendment, maybe you can't read well or there's pepper in your eyes. cheesy grin

I agree it shouldn't be forced on anyone, but the nature of the disease makes it easy to spread when people refuse to be vaccinated.

So if Mr. A refuses to take vaccination and ends up with Covid-19, he gives to Mr. B who hasn't gotten vaccination and then the community starts another round of disease spread.
Re: The Infectious Disease Control Bill: What You Should Know by canDy4eva(f): 2:00am On May 07, 2020
ZombieNation:

Enough of this rapture bullshit.

Your fake pastor keeps telling you that the great tribulations will only happen once rapture has occurred. Do you know why? Because rapture has already happened and he wasn't taken up. That will be bad for his pastor business won't it that rapture has happened and he is still around?

But I tell you that rapture has long occurred. Only 144,000 since Adam will be taken up to heaven. Out of that only a few of those would have been alive in our life time. The chances of you knowing a saint in these timeline is equal to you finding $100 billion dollars on the streets.

You better begin to believe in end times because you are living in it.

I come to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...

Hell and heaven are REAL...

DONT BE DECEIVED FOR GOD IS NOT MOCKED.

When Christ shall come again in his glory (he shall appear in the clouds with a shout of an arcAngel and the trumpet of victory), he would RAPTURE THE SAINTS starting with the dead in Christ and we that are living would be transformed from morality to immortality (hallelujah)

All the ends of the Earth shall witness this!

It would not be hidden.

Now is the time of Salvation!

Then we shall go meet our REDEEMER in the place he has prepared for us.

1st Thessalonians 4-end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sleeping Nigerian Senators: These Are The Senators Representing You (Photos) / Female Nigerian Soldiers Dance To Kizz Daniel "Madu" To Celebrate The New Month / Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.