Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,425 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

What Will You Do As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will You Do As A Christian? (735 Views)

Poll: What Will You Do As A Christian if you have gay feelings?

Go for spiritual deliverance: 57% (4 votes)
Accept my fate and openly gay: 0% (0 votes)
Hide it and act like you are straight: 28% (2 votes)
Kill yourself: 14% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do As A Christian? by aloyemeka1: 1:20am On Jan 12, 2011
What will you do as a christian if you were born gay or have attraction towards someone from the same gender as you?. Please vote.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by Greenpro: 6:13am On Jan 12, 2011
You cannot be born gay, is either you are male or female. If you are having sexual attraction to same gender you must be possess with demonic spirit
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by thetelz(m): 9:11am On Jan 12, 2011
There's no way to hide with such thing,its a mortal sin. You need special deliverance
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by Azibalua(f): 10:37am On Jan 12, 2011
There are three levels of homosexuality and other wrong acts

1.)    The level of fascination: Now, at the level of fascination, you can, through your meditation on God’s word , get rid of it yourself; You meditate on God’s word and by changing your mind, [you can effect changes in your way of life, and that’ll be the end of homosexuality; but you’ve got to make up your mind for that.

2.)    The second level is the level of habit: Now, at the level of habit, you are more or less under the control of your own mind,we control [we create] our habits, but in the end, our habits produce a character for us. So, once it has come to the second level of a habit, you would need to break it through another habit; which means, you have to develop a new habit of consciousness of the word of God. That’s a little more difficult for younger Christians. But it is possible, and necessary, if you are already at the level of habit, which is the second level. It does mean that you would need to produce or create a new habit - the habit of not doing it - the habit of replacing your thoughts with certain thoughts of God and being in certain places instead of what would normally attract your attention or your interest to homosexuality. So, you develop a new kind of habit. Like I said, it requires a lot more discipline than the first level.
3.)    Now, the third level is where you would require someone to help you; your Pastor will be able to help you. Of course, any other more mature Christian can do that for you, but, always better when you talk with your Pastor. That third level is the demonic level. Now, the demonic level is where a demon has now taken advantage of what you were fascinated with that became a habit, and began to control your mind to this level where this demon, having observed you and observed your interest, has taken a hold of you in this area of your life. And so, it can make you subject to his dictates,You are now in bondage. See, it’s come to a demonic level; you are now in bondage to that devil. You have yielded to that devil and that devil must be cast out. It must be cast out of your mind, out of your system, before you will be free. Now, can you do that yourself? Oh, yes! It is possible also; but, it does require more knowledge of the word, more….a better understanding of the scriptures and definiteness of purpose. You make up your mind [that] this is what you want and you’re going to have to have it this way. And then, you ask that devil to go and you’ll have to trust, in faith, that that devil heard you. But if you go to someone who’s more mature than you, it’ll be far better because he’ll cast that devil out of you and you’ll keep the devil out. So, that’s why I said it depends on which of these levels the homosexual is: fascination level, habit level or the demonic level.
To know what level you are in see your pastor and through the spirit of god and by ministering to you he can tell you how far you 've gone
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by nuella2(f): 10:42am On Jan 12, 2011
A person cannot be born gay. People become gay when the mind of the person accepts such a practise and the devil gives such a person foolish reasons to remain gay. It then forms a mind-set, the cure is the word of God, to pull down that stronghold. The word of God has the ability to transform his mind. God didnt create the devil remember, he created lucifer, but lucifer became the devil.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by aloyemeka1: 2:54pm On Jan 12, 2011
nuella2:

A person cannot be born gay. People become gay when the mind of the person accepts such a practise and the devil gives such a person foolish reasons to remain gay. It then forms a mind-set, the cure is the word of God, to pull down that stronghold. The word of God has the ability to transform his mind. God didnt create the devil remember, he created lucifer, but lucifer became the devil.

There are many closet gays who nurse homosexual feelings from childhood and it wasn't born out of fantasy or learned habit. What of South Africa's Semenya?. She was born a woman but she has testes. It is apparent that her testosterone levels will be the same like men and she will be sexually attracted to women. How do you explain that?.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2011
I don't think anyone can be born gay. Such a thinking can only come to ones mind when someone becomes conscious and able to think aright. Depending also on the kind of setting one lives and grow from. As a believer i'll advice anyone who's a gay to use prayer as a counter measure
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by nuella2(f): 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2011
aloy/emeka:

There are many closet gays who nurse homosexual feelings from childhood and it wasn't born out of fantasy or learned habit. What of South Africa's Semenya?. She was born a woman but she has testes. It is apparent that her testosterone levels will be the same like men and she will be sexually attracted to women. How do you explain that?.

Nobody was born gay jare. Something happened to that lady while growing up, she is not telling the truth. Some ladies got molested at a tender age and hate men. People decide to be gay, as a result of an experience, exposure or the desire to do something different from the usual. How a person got socialized has alot to do with what he accepts, which depends on alot of factors. I like eba and egusi soap cos in Africa where i grew up, i was fed with it, i saw others eating it so i accepted it and today it has become my favorite meal. I was not born to like eba but alot of factors contributed to my eating and enjoying it. If i grew up in Italy maybe my favorite meal would have being noodles instead of eba. If you see an Italian that likes eba, you will trace that to an African experience. Something made him like eba, maybe an African wife.

It is humans that make themselves gay with the help of demons.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by aloyemeka1: 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2011
nuella2:

Nobody was born gay jare. Something happened to that lady while growing up, she is not telling the truth. Some ladies got molested at a tender age and hate men. People decide to be gay, as a result of an experience, exposure or the desire to do something different from the usual.

Semenya was born with testes and it wasn't her choice. Her testosterone level is high and naturally she will be attracted to women even though she is female herself. What of hermaphrodites who have both organs and are attracted to both sexes?. There is something more to this gay issue than learned habit.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by aloyemeka1: 10:53pm On Jan 16, 2011
toba:

I don't think anyone can be born gay. Such a thinking can only come to ones mind when someone becomes conscious and able to think aright. Depending also on the kind of setting one lives and grow from. A[b]s a believer i'll advice anyone who's a gay to use prayer as a counter measur[/b]e

What of the pastors who have been using prayers as counter measures but the gay feeling never left them?.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2011
aloy/emeka:

What of the pastors who have been using prayers as counter measures but the gay feeling never left them?.
Yes they could pray but they need to talk the talk and walk the walk. This means cutting off completely with faggott friends, boycotting faggott magazines and websites and hating consciously faggottry with all their strength all their heart and all their might.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Semenya was born with testes and it wasn't her choice. Her testosterone level is high and naturally she will be attracted to women even though she is female herself. What of hermaphrodites who have both organs and are attracted to both sexes?. There is something more to this gay issue than learned habit.
Well you cannot focus on this particular case as neither you nor I was present when she was born. Anyway such a condition is extremely rare indeed if it exists at all and hence cannot be used to explain the existence of faggotry.
In fact what exactly are you talking about Aloy Emeka? Can't you see that faggottry is unnatural, demonic and has nothing to do with sex as we know it.
Anyway no one was born a faggott or a pervert. Babies are either male or female. However children and youths can possibly become perverted if they have been victims of sexual abuse.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by thehomer: 8:56am On Jan 19, 2011
Greenpro:

You cannot be born gay, is either you are male or female. If you are having sexual attraction to same gender you must be possess with demonic spirit

A person being gay is not a sex. And one's sex is not always in black and white. Look up intersex here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by thehomer: 8:59am On Jan 19, 2011
Azibalua:

There are three levels of homosexuality and other wrong acts

1.)    The level of fascination: Now, at the level of fascination, you can, through your meditation on God’s word , get rid of it yourself; You meditate on God’s word and by changing your mind, [you can effect changes in your way of life, and that’ll be the end of homosexuality; but you’ve got to make up your mind for that.

2.)    The second level is the level of habit: Now, at the level of habit, you are more or less under the control of your own mind,we control [we create] our habits, but in the end, our habits produce a character for us. So, once it has come to the second level of a habit, you would need to break it through another habit; which means, you have to develop a new habit of consciousness of the word of God. That’s a little more difficult for younger Christians. But it is possible, and necessary, if you are already at the level of habit, which is the second level. It does mean that you would need to produce or create a new habit - the habit of not doing it - the habit of replacing your thoughts with certain thoughts of God and being in certain places instead of what would normally attract your attention or your interest to homosexuality. So, you develop a new kind of habit. Like I said, it requires a lot more discipline than the first level.
3.)    Now, the third level is where you would require someone to help you; your Pastor will be able to help you. Of course, any other more mature Christian can do that for you, but, always better when you talk with your Pastor. That third level is the demonic level. Now, the demonic level is where a demon has now taken advantage of what you were fascinated with that became a habit, and began to control your mind to this level where this demon, having observed you and observed your interest, has taken a hold of you in this area of your life. And so, it can make you subject to his dictates,You are now in bondage. See, it’s come to a demonic level; you are now in bondage to that devil. You have yielded to that devil and that devil must be cast out. It must be cast out of your mind, out of your system, before you will be free. Now, can you do that yourself? Oh, yes! It is possible also; but, it does require more knowledge of the word, more….a better understanding of the scriptures and definiteness of purpose. You make up your mind [that] this is what you want and you’re going to have to have it this way. And then, you ask that devil to go and you’ll have to trust, in faith, that that devil heard you. But if you go to someone who’s more mature than you, it’ll be far better because he’ll cast that devil out of you and you’ll keep the devil out. So, that’s why I said it depends on which of these levels the homosexual is: fascination level, habit level or the demonic level.
To know what level you are in see your pastor and through the spirit of god and by ministering to you he can tell you how far you 've gone

Your three levels also apply to heterosexual individuals.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by thehomer: 9:04am On Jan 19, 2011
nuella2:

Nobody was born gay jare. Something happened to that lady while growing up, she is not telling the truth. Some ladies got molested at a tender age and hate men. People decide to be gay, as a result of an experience, exposure or the desire to do something different from the usual. How a person got socialized has alot to do with what he accepts, which depends on alot of factors. I like eba and egusi soap cos in Africa where i grew up, i was fed with it, i saw others eating it so i accepted it and today it has become my favorite meal. I was not born to like eba but alot of factors contributed to my eating and enjoying it. If i grew up in Italy maybe my favorite meal would have being noodles instead of eba. If you see an Italian that likes eba, you will trace that to an African experience. Something made him like eba, maybe an African wife.

It's nice that you reduce it all to child sexual abuse. How about those that were not sexually abused as children but still end up being gay? Some know about this feeling since their childhood.
These demons that you keep mentioning, why do they seem to also be able to influence pastors even at the peak of their influence.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by Souled: 10:50am On Jan 19, 2011
None in the above options. One cannot be born gay, having homosexual feelings is like any other sin, ok not like stealing except those that are kleptomia (dont know the spelling) undecided

but having gay feeling to me is just like having lustful feelings, and these can be worked on, the bible in romans 1 says categorically that the guys that practised it at that time GAVE THEMSELVES OVER, so if they gave themselves over, one can asume that the act of giving oneself over can be stopped. Like every other sin, the Holy Spirit is needed to help us, cos we cant do it on our own.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 19, 2011
thehomer:

It's nice that you reduce it all to child sexual abuse. How about those that were not sexually abused as children but still end up being gay? Some know about this feeling since their childhood.
These demons that you keep mentioning, why do they seem to also be able to influence pastors even at the peak of their influence.
Are you missing the bigger picture here ? Namely that your so-called homosexuality has nothing to do with sex at all.
It is simply a perversion of thought and action. Do I have to spell it out?  Abnormal, unnatural and disgusting use of the reproductive system and the digestive system.
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by UyiIredia(m): 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2011
this question hit someone close to home undecided
Re: What Will You Do As A Christian? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2011
^^What do you mean by that Iredia. What really happened back in the days in School. Panes. Harmans or Mckee Wrights?

(1) (Reply)

Video - "the Return Of Horus The Crucified" / Prosperity Preachers And Vague Predictions/prophesies / Mother Shipton's Complete Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.