Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,355 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise (352 Views)

Revealed: Reasons The SE Have Few Corona Virus Cases / Ghana's Virus Cases Spike 10 Days After Lockdown Is Lifted / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 06, 2020
Apart from having dumb senators and useless legislators, southeast is also blessed with daft governors.
As of 5th May 2020, there are 18 number of confirmed Covid 19 cases in southeast. While these numbers might look "low" for southeast, however this calls for a serious cross-examination.

We need our govenors to answers some of these questions urgently.
1. How many test centres do we have in southeast
2. How many tests do we carry out daily in the southeast.
3. What percentage of those testes are positive.

There is great suspicion that there could be an ongoing community transmission somewhere in the east. If you doubt this, take a look at what is happening in Kano state; it was not until recently that Dangote and FG setup new testing centres. If you still think that the spread of Covid 19 in Kano state is only due to their level of litracey, then you need to read up on how the virus was spreading silently in Lombardy before the Italians could say Jack.

If you have an unbiased assessment of the current crises you will realise that its just a matter of time before south east would experience its own rise in the number of confirmed cases.
We are yet to hear any tangible solution from our darling governors on how to effectively reduce/contain the spread of Covid 19. Professor Soludo proffered a possible solution specific to us yet none of our governors have tried to key into this.
From the look of things, southeast might be 4-6weeks behind other regions in terms of confirmed cases.

While the numbers are still "low", our govenors needs to answer some critical questions;

1. How do we enforce social distancing in public places.

2. How often will the government disinfect public and shared amenities?

3. Some reports has suggested that Covid 19 can enter the body system through our eyes; so do we need to wear eyeglasses?

4. What is the essence of wearing facemasks? Is it to prevent a carrier from infecting other people or to prevent people from getting infected.

5. How efficient is the use of face masks and what type of face masks do we need to wear. We have FFP1, FFP2 and FFP3 facemasks; FFP3 offers the highest protection for airborne viruses. I noticed that government officials use the FFP2 and FFP3 masks (I wont go into details as this is a topic on its own)

Remember that a state can have zero confirmed cases if nobody is tested.

Southeast might just be 4-5weeks behind other regions in terms of confirmed cases. We need our governors to come live on air with some epidemiologists and virologists to educate and provide accurate information for the masses.

While we await either a vaccine, a miracle or herd immunity level, please protect your self and others.

Stay safe.

Cc: Enugu media crew; Anambra worldwide defenders; Ebonyi Promoters association; Abia internet warriors; Imo online Fighters.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by Arrewa: 3:05pm On May 06, 2020
Why will they ask those questions??

They're still very busy mocking kano and calling them illiterates for the spread of the virus...

I have read several comments where many of your brothers are blaming Islam for the spread of the virus in kano!

Maybe America, Italy and UK are all Islamic countries that lost thousands of people to the virus!

As I'm talking to you...there's no lockdown in any eastern state!

People are still smuggling their way into the east from different part of this country!

These same people are mocking and blaming kano for not totally locking down the state!

Reality will soon hit the East!!

2 Likes

Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by slivertongue: 3:06pm On May 06, 2020
ur premise has defeated ur objective

2 Likes

Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by Ezennwa(m): 3:09pm On May 06, 2020
hmm!

We have noticed that some people from a particular region are not happy with South East, because what they expected is not happening, and can never happen.

They thought that Coronavirus will spread rapidly in South East, as it's dealing with them and also resetting their brain.

This people never meant well for the people of South East. For instance, last week in Abia State, 243 people were tested, and all of them tested negative.

So, they should not be jealous of South East, because there's no much Coronavirus over there.

Their opinion is inconsequential anyways.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by DanseMacabre(m): 3:10pm On May 06, 2020
Your post is largely incoherent.

The unwarranted vitriol in the first paragraph further makes it amateurish and unbalanced.

The ubiquity of avoidable grammatical errors assures one it is another of those inane attempts at ethnic-bashing.

I'll pass.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by Shelumiel: 3:14pm On May 06, 2020
[s]
slivertongue:
ur premise has defeated ur objective
[/s] Rubbish and baseless
Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by gloriaunobi(f): 3:15pm On May 06, 2020
They did not wash their hands and drank it as it's common in the north

3 Likes

Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by Ifesinachi22(m): 3:15pm On May 06, 2020
Very stupid poster. Insulting your leaders. I'm sure you cannot smell a Councillorship position in your entire miserable life

2 Likes

Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by slivertongue: 3:20pm On May 06, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Very stupid poster. Insulting your leaders. I'm sure you cannot smell a Councillorship position in your entire miserable life

he spent his time on the people he called names
Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 06, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

Insulting our leaders is just a way to express our dissatiisfaction.
Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 06, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Your post is largely incoherent.

The unwarranted vitriol in the first paragraph further makes it amateurish and unbalanced.

The ubiquity of avoidable grammatical errors assures one it is another of those inane attempts at ethnic-bashing.

I'll pass.

Yes my post is largely inconherent with lots of blunders, but I have passed the message. It's just a matter of time before we realise how stupid our leaders are.
Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by DanseMacabre(m): 3:28pm On May 06, 2020
davear:

Yes my post is largely inconherent with lots of blunders, but I have passed the message. It's just a matter of time before we realise how stupid our leaders are.

No. Incoherent means nobody with a working brain can understand it, thus only you know what message you were trying to convey.

Good day sir.

1 Like

Re: 18 Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; Is Southeast Living In A Fool's Paradise by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 06, 2020
DanseMacabre:

No. Incoherent means nobody with a working brain can understand it, thus only you know what message you were trying to convey.

Good day sir.

Just tell your state governor to answer atleast one of the questions I asked

Good day

(1) (Reply)

Alcohol Killed Him But Doctors Says Covid-19 / Automatic Sanitizer Dispenser (Lugbe, Abuja) - N30,000 / Out Of Over 240,000 COVID-19 Infections In UK, Only 780 Recovered: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.