Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Why Can't Prof.Maurice Iwu,s Medicine Be Tried? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Can't Prof.Maurice Iwu,s Medicine Be Tried? (366 Views)

COVID-19 Cure: Iwu Says FG Yet To Show Interest In Their Drug / Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu / Maurice Iwu: 'We Have Found Cure For Coronavirus' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Prof.Maurice Iwu,s Medicine Be Tried? by caprini1: 3:11pm On May 06, 2020
It is no more news that the government is overwhelmed by the economic implications of the Lockdown and have no option but to ease up on the over 4 weeks old lockdown.

Palliatives and testing of individuals that have been on lockdown was hardly available,so the only option was for people to go back to their normal everyday life with their life and health in Gods hands.I saw the crowds at major markets in Lagos ,banks not left out,and the cluster of people was really scary,as goes against the social distancing order.

As it is now ,what we really need is a relief and hope given to citizens to go about their daily life as nothing tangible is coming from the government as assistance.

This brings me to my main topic,I saw Professor Maurice Iwu on AIT,s Kakaaki morning program some days back ,to speak as the Covid 19 ,task force chairman of Imo state,and he specifically said he has a medicine that can really help in the fight against covid 19.

If he claims it works,why cant the federal government confirm his claim and put to rest this insinuation,that they are not serious about this covid 19 pandemic?

A small country like Madagascar has done theirs and even if the drug is not 100% efficient,at least ,they dont have that fear of dying without hope.Let the government give Professor Iwu,s medicine a chance.
Re: Why Can't Prof.Maurice Iwu,s Medicine Be Tried? by Shelumiel: 3:25pm On May 06, 2020
....bros our government will not look into such things because of
1. The money being splashed around by foreign bodies in the fight against Covid-19 in Nigeria.
2.The WHO -has- not -given -approval -for -any -known- drug mentality.
3. The lack of trust in the Nigerian healthcare system and pharmaceutical industry.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Prof.Maurice Iwu,s Medicine Be Tried? by caprini1: 3:50pm On May 06, 2020
Shelumiel:
....bros our government will not look into such things because of
1. The money being splashed around by foreign bodies in the fight against Covid-19 in Nigeria.
2.The WHO -has- not -given -approval -for -any -known- drug mentality.
3. The lack of trust in the Nigerian healthcare system and pharmaceutical industry.
Well...God forbid Melinda Gates prophecy comes to pass,because its not going to be funny as even the security guards of our politicians will also be fleeing for their lives,every available solution should be examined at the moment.
Re: Why Can't Prof.Maurice Iwu,s Medicine Be Tried? by Shelumiel: 3:56pm On May 06, 2020
caprini1:
Well...God forbid Melinda Gates prophecy comes to pass,because its not going to be funny as even the security guards of our politicians will also be fleeing for their lives,every available solution should be examined at the moment.
The solution to this pandemic lies with individuals: if the citizens of this country will take this thing serious and live up to their responsibilities, and follow the guidelines stipulated by health officials, then we may survive
Re: Why Can't Prof.Maurice Iwu,s Medicine Be Tried? by caprini1: 4:06pm On May 06, 2020
Shelumiel:
The solution to this pandemic lies with individuals: if the citizens of this country will take this thing serious and live up to their responsibilities, and follow the guidelines stipulated by health officials, then we may survive
I drove past Alaba international market in Lagos today,what i saw is not encouraging at all,regards to abiding by the guidelines given by health professionals, entrances of the banks was worse.

What we really need is hope,and i mean hope in a drug,any drug that can do some damages to this virus.Because there is absolutely no way it wont spread.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Prof.Maurice Iwu,s Medicine Be Tried? by Shelumiel: 4:18pm On May 06, 2020
caprini1:
I drove past Alaba international market in Lagos today,what i saw is not encouraging at all,regards to abiding by the guidelines given by health professionals, entrances of the banks was worse.

What we really need is hope,and i mean hope in a drug,any drug that can do some damages to this virus.Because there is absolutely no way it wont spread.
You're right. A drug would answer our prayers. Especially the prayers of those of us in northern nigeria where personal hygiene is on a serious low

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Prof.Maurice Iwu,s Medicine Be Tried? by caprini1: 4:29pm On May 06, 2020
Shelumiel:
You're right. A drug would answer our prayers. Especially the prayers of those of us in northern nigeria where personal hygiene is on a serious low
I am not even bothered about the hygiene, because people are doing their best in that area,but transportation,Market clusters ,Banks,yes banks,. we just need a cushion effect.Like one can have malaria,be on medication and still go to work kind of scenario.

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Finally The Fraud In Ncdc Exposed / Breaking: US Accuses China Of Hacking Coronavirus Research / Covid 19; Dokpesi Drops A Bombshell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.