Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,360 members, 7,826,405 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan (29204 Views)

EndSARS: Youth Reps Pull Out Of Lagos Judicial Panel After Cbn’s Account Freeze / Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years / Breaking News :IMF Approves $3.4bn RFI To Support Nigeria’s COVID-19 Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by DAVE5(m): 7:45pm On May 06, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Laughing to the bank

Lol
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by yommen: 7:47pm On May 06, 2020
Gbese re o.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 7:48pm On May 06, 2020
Temptee101:

Choi...

You must come from Antarctica.

Can't believe a citizen of this country can alter such insane words whether zombie or non-zombie.

Unlike you, I don't indulge in irrelevant cliches and platitudes.

Borrowing is NOT a crime and it is a time trusted economic mechanism.

Many of you have simply been programmed to accept jejune arguments with no independent thought to the true implication.

When you detach yourself from all the sentiments and bias you would be able to see things clearly.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by RTSC: 7:49pm On May 06, 2020
Buhari supporters are very stupid.

Comparing Nigeria's borrowing to countries with a high monetary liquidity, almost zero corruption, and above average leaders.

There was a report that Africa spends more than half its revenues servicing debts, leaving very little for project work.

If there was a way I could, I would force buhari supporters alone to pay back that loan with their sweat.

Hopeless people.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 7:49pm On May 06, 2020
gimakon:

My brother, check yourself. You really need to see a doctor. Borrowing and nothing to show is a good idea.... To you abi?

What do you mean nothing to show?

Where did you stop your education?

1 Like

Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Wisemaneasy: 7:52pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

I should keep quiet so your kind of people continue to misinform abi?

Nonsense.

This Golan007 or what ever your name is i swear you no get sense at all, them no born you well na the type of you wey dey suppose tie rope with stone and put into ocean to die since you bend on supporting evil and looting of this motherfuckers leaders in Nigeria.... Shame on you!
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Cliqfriq: 7:52pm On May 06, 2020
Dear Lord abeg reason me this kind alert na
dipoolowoo:

By Adedapo Adesanya

Nigeria has received the $3.4 billion emergency loan from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

IMF Managing Director, Ms Kristalina Georgieva, confirmed to CNBC Africa in an interview that the $3.4 billion loan had been credited to the account of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

The funds had been approved under the Rapid Financing Instrument by the Executive Board of the IMF on April 28, ‎to address challenges arising from the economic impact of the COVID -19 pandemic the country.

Ms Georgieva also called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to be transparent and account for every single kobo of the fund.

‎The federal government had assured that it will publicise all disbursements from the funds, adding that there are plans to conduct an independent audit of all emergency expenditure at the end of the pandemic.

The Nigerian government also agreed to allow the IMF to conduct a due diligence exercise on the CBN, these will be done in line with the Fund’s safeguards assessment ‎program.

According to the IMF chief, the money was sent to the CBN’s account in dollars, after which it would be converted to naira.

“We have already disbursed. In emergency assistance, the board approves, we disburse within days to the country and it goes to their central bank in dollars before it gets converted into naira in the case of Nigeria.

“The conditions are quite favourable and repayment period is five years, up to two and half years is grace period and the interest on the loan is one percent,” she said.

Ms Georgieva assured that the IMF will continue to support Nigeria and other member countries.

“We have put in place policy tracking action, and we are seeing progress each country is making.

“The IMF will continue to support countries and shield them from catastrophic implications of the COVID-19 crisis,” she added.

https://businesspost.ng/economy/imf-credits-cbns-account-with-3-4bn-emergency-loan/
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Zyzxx10: 7:53pm On May 06, 2020
Loan after loan and nothing to show for it.God help Nigerians and the ones unborn.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

What do you mean nothing to show?

Where did you stop your education?

Show me 1 tangible thing Nigeria has offered since they started to collect these loan facilities they obtaining.
And if you don't I will ask you this smelling stupid question you ask me now.
1 tangible thing, I am waiting.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by duskdan(m): 7:54pm On May 06, 2020
dipoolowoo:

By Adedapo Adesanya

Nigeria has received the $3.4 billion emergency loan from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

IMF Managing Director, Ms Kristalina Georgieva, confirmed to CNBC Africa in an interview that the $3.4 billion loan had been credited to the account of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

The funds had been approved under the Rapid Financing Instrument by the Executive Board of the IMF on April 28, ‎to address challenges arising from the economic impact of the COVID -19 pandemic the country.

Ms Georgieva also called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to be transparent and account for every single kobo of the fund.

‎The federal government had assured that it will publicise all disbursements from the funds, adding that there are plans to conduct an independent audit of all emergency expenditure at the end of the pandemic.

The Nigerian government also agreed to allow the IMF to conduct a due diligence exercise on the CBN, these will be done in line with the Fund’s safeguards assessment ‎program.

According to the IMF chief, the money was sent to the CBN’s account in dollars, after which it would be converted to naira.

“We have already disbursed. In emergency assistance, the board approves, we disburse within days to the country and it goes to their central bank in dollars before it gets converted into naira in the case of Nigeria.

“The conditions are quite favourable and repayment period is five years, up to two and half years is grace period and the interest on the loan is one percent,” she said.

Ms Georgieva assured that the IMF will continue to support Nigeria and other member countries.

“We have put in place policy tracking action, and we are seeing progress each country is making.

“The IMF will continue to support countries and shield them from catastrophic implications of the COVID-19 crisis,” she added.

https://businesspost.ng/economy/imf-credits-cbns-account-with-3-4bn-emergency-loan/

Is okayyyyy.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 7:55pm On May 06, 2020
eagleu:

When you borrow money to chop, share amongst your friends, and maintain your current unreasonable level of life style, without any production of goods and services, then you are robbing your future generations.

Since Buhari is so inept at everything, except sharing government money to his friends and family, he is not the one to optimize any loan we take out at this time.

Most of you simply speak from sentiments and not actuality.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Temptee101(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

[s]Unlike you, I don't indulge in irrelevant cliches and platitudes.

Borrowing is NOT a crime and it is a time trusted economic mechanism.

Many of you have simply been programmed to accept jejune arguments with no independent thought to the true implication.

When you detach yourself from all the sentiments and bias you would be able to see things clearly[/s].

Stop rambling.

Buhari has borrowed over 30 billion dollars since he came on board.

Where are the monies?

Where are the projects?

1 Like

Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 7:55pm On May 06, 2020
Wisemaneasy:

This Golan007 or what ever your name is i swear you no get sense at all, them no born you well na the type of you wey dey suppose tie rope with stone and put into ocean to die since you bend on supporting evil and looting of this motherfuckers leaders in Nigeria.... Shame on you!

Shatap.

Na you come get sense abi?
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by apuski2(m): 7:56pm On May 06, 2020
Fyi over 2 trillion naira just yesterday 3.11b dollars alert. Add it and u get over 2 trillion. Walahi it is finished.Over a 1,000,000,000,000 Trillion Naira

It is finished

All of it is finished

[/quote]
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 7:57pm On May 06, 2020
Temptee101:

Stop rambling.

Buhari has borrowed over 30 billion dollars since he came on board.

Where are the monies?

Where are the projects?

Provide evidence when you throw figures around.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 7:58pm On May 06, 2020
gimakon:

Show me 1 tangible thing Nigeria has offered since they started to collect these loan facilities they obtaining.
And if you don't I will ask you this smelling stupid question you ask me now.
1 tangible thing, I am waiting.

Shut up.

The railways you see fell from the skies right?
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by RTSC: 7:59pm On May 06, 2020
The only good thing about this oil fading away, is that taxes would be the mainstay of the economy.

Cheap oil revenues have made the FG so powerful, with zero care about the needs of business people or even the citizenry.
The bulk of their revenues is not gotten from the people, afterall.

It is because of oil revenues that gave the FG the effrontery to shut the borders due to one flimsy reason or the other.

That era is gone hopefully.

As oil disappears, the balance of power and accountability would shift towards the people.

There would never be any more FG that would be brave enough to shut the borders anyhow or misbehave towards its business people without consequences.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

Shut up.

The railways you see fell from the skies right?

What railways? The one they have completed or the ones they haven't even touched.
I entered university now I'm going for my masters, and yet they have not done anything.
What exactly are you basing your argument on??
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 8:01pm On May 06, 2020
gimakon:

What railways? The one they have completed or the ones they haven't even touched.
I entered university now I'm going for my masters, and yet they have not done anything.
What exactly are you basing your argument on??

I see, I'm even talking to a kid.

Move on.

Go to where your likes gather.

Check the comments section of vanguard or Facebook.

1 Like

Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

I see, I'm even talking to a kid.

Move on.

Go to where your likes gather.

Check the comments section of vanguard or Facebook.

When fools talk. grin
No need of wasting my time with an imbecile_

Bye bye.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 06, 2020
sulaak:

What has Nigeria done with all the money it has borrowed? Buhari government has borrowed $26 billion since 2015, do you see $26 billion worth of infrastructure in Nigeria today. The refineries are still not working so we will spend a large chunk of that loan on imported oil.

You are right $26 billion since 2015. Why I have not made much noise is because the IBOs will never allow an objective national discussion.

$26 billion is lower than an estimated $50 billion Obj left as at May 29, 2007. Obj met reserve of $5.5 billion in 1999 when oil is sold $10 / barrel. The purpose of leaving enough money in the reserve is for the purpose of cushioning the effect of future economic uncertainties. Obj repeatedly said we must save for the future.

GEJ made the highest revenue in the history of Africa from time immemorial till date, but save no kobo or penny, borrowed heavily and still spent part of the reserve Obj left. Considering the ongoing projects which you said are not commensurate with the $26 billion already borrowed which I agreed, Sir, If GEJ had made the reserve $120 billion when oil was sold above $100 / barrel, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala would not have borrowed to pay salary, PMB would not have borrowed $26 billion, Nigeria would have released money from Reserve as it was done by US, Russia and other developed world.

The money wasted / looted under GEJ is over $100 billion because the present infrastructure development was not touched.

The IBOs did not want any analysis of GEJ era. We cannot move forward as a nation if we did not address errors.

1 Like

Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by RTSC: 8:03pm On May 06, 2020
In a tax dependent country like the UK, the PM that would behave like a strongman has not been born.

Dem no born their PM well to shut their borders by unilateral order.

That is the Nigeria of our Dreams.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by bigtt76(f): 8:03pm On May 06, 2020
Where the SMS alert or adonbelievit cheesy

dipoolowoo:

By Adedapo Adesanya

Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 8:06pm On May 06, 2020
gimakon:

When fools talk. grin
No need of wasting my time with an imbecile_

Bye bye.

Just enjoy your ban in the interim.

Myndd44, lalasticlala, Seun.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Gordson: 8:08pm On May 06, 2020
Reading comments here makes me sad

Even if IMF empty their treasury for this present government nothing good can come out.

Buhari and his squad cabal are very incompetent but a lot of Nigerians still believe he's doing well.

E dey pain me
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Ghenisean(m): 8:10pm On May 06, 2020
Them never collect Abacha loot from US so,which one be $3.4b again na Oghene embarassed undecided angry
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Kay25(m): 8:16pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

Name the government official that claimed it to be a grant.

By the way, all countries are borrowing and all countries have had their future generations pay debt.

The whinging is worn out.
ennn but their own future generations are more secured than yours Mr defender...America borrowed also but it's citizens can tell of its benefits tell me one that u have benefited and let's see if the scale had fallen of your eyes
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 8:25pm On May 06, 2020
Kay25:

ennn but their own future generations are more secured than yours Mr defender...America borrowed also but it's citizens can tell of its benefits tell me one that u have benefited and let's see if the scale had fallen of your eyes

If you attended a Nigerian public university, please tell me how much you paid.

Ingrate.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by odudueffiom(m): 8:25pm On May 06, 2020
never seen a rich country that borrows
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Vikynas: 8:31pm On May 06, 2020
Seem they've sold this country
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Kay25(m): 8:53pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

If you attended a Nigerian public university, please tell me how much you paid.

Ingrate.
oh I did but we didn't pay as much as what they are paying now and is that a benefit?how much are the state university paying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa / What Benue Student Eyes Saw In The Hands Of Benue Politician In Abuja *PATHETIC* / Senator Ombugadu Welcomes President Buhari With Billboard In Nasarawa (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.