Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Swimming for Life - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Swimming for Life (1778 Views)

LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) / 18 Year Old Fighting For Life After Boobs Enlargement / Beware Of Swimming Pools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swimming for Life by WesleyanA(f): 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2005
GOOD LUCK cheesy
Re: Swimming for Life by prettyH(f): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2005
Men swimming's one of ma phobias. I'm quite heavy because of my big bones. But i'll like to learn though, at least to lose weight.
Re: Swimming for Life by Rhodalyn(f): 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2006
i do swim but not sooooo perfect sad
Re: Swimming for Life by SanDiegan(f): 1:10am On Mar 19, 2006
Gah. I was on a swim team two years ago and got to be the best on the girls' team. But then I moved and I haven't been able to really get back into it. I miss swimming soo much, you wouldn't believe.

I agree that it's a great thing for people to do, keeps you fit (or at least active) and changes the way you eat (for the better, in the cases I've seen). It's just an all around great hobby/passion to have.
Re: Swimming for Life by abujabooks(f): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2008
Swimming for life, I agree.
Re: Swimming for Life by OgaMadam(f): 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2008
Let me tell you how i learnt to swim 17 years ago in my quite early teens. And have done competitions and even won Gold and Platinum medals.

I started in a baby pool. (Yall can laugh)

I used my hands to take me around in the baby pool.
Once confidence came, i moved to the shallow end of an Olympic.
After that, I used to hold onto the sides and go round the whole pool swimming with one hand - whilst the other holding on for dear life.

Slowly but surely i started to let go and swim 4 or 5 quick strokes without holding.
Then i would hold again and let go and so on.

Then i learnt to swim, but only with my head above water,
I perfected my swimming through my younger sisters who went to white private schools and can now:

Swim all 4 strokes PERFECTLY: Crawl, Breast-Stroke, Back-Stroke and the hardest of all strokes - Butterfly.
I dive perfectly as well. And have swam on a regular basis from 2 - even 4 hours straight.

The only thing is, i cant do a tumble turn when i reach the end of the pool cause for some reason i loose my positioning
and end up breathing water.

BOTTOM LINE, I DIDNT DO IT IN A DAY, IT TOOK ME YEARS. BUT AM GREATFUL. SWIMMING IS THE BEST FAT BURNER

AND FOR FEMALES IT MAKES YOU LOOK SLICK AND SLIM WITHOUT ADDING MUSCLE LIKE LOTS OF EXCERCISES CAN DO,
MAKING YOU LOOK THICK AND CHUNKY AGAIN.
Re: Swimming for Life by rasputinn(m): 10:43am On Aug 29, 2009
White men can't jump,black men can't swim(check the olympics medal stats) grin grin grin
Don't mind me OP,you're right,just that my swimming and floatation skills surpass that of a brick with a very narrow margin,I'm planning on planning to work on it though wink wink
Re: Swimming for Life by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2009
Where's our Swim Tutor?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Skin Care Ingredients To Avoid… (like The Plague) / Health Talks: Anti-aging & Weigth Balance / Anyone Using Fertilaid Clinic Abuja/trying To/or Have Used Them Let's Meet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.