Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,205 members, 7,860,337 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. (354 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode And Tunde Bakare Settle Rift / Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode / Boma Goodhead Visits Femi Fani-Kayode And Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 06, 2020
Before we move on. What do you understand by deception?

Deception is defined as an untrue falsehood, or is the act of lying to or tricking someone. An example of deception is when you tell someone you love them and you will fight for their cause when really you hate them to the core.

This scenario fit the perfect relationship between Femi Fani Kayode and the Igbos. They believe he is their savior and their knight in the shinny armour. After Nnamdi Kalu, the next person they respect is Femi Fani Kayode. I just read it in the news how Femi Fani Kayode accused the Federal Government of starving 3 million biafrans to death (Real report said in their hundreds not millions). Then I laughed to myself how naive the Igbos are to history of animosity between them and Femi Fani Kayode since the first coup carried out by the Igbos.

Let us start from the first coup.

Who is chief Remi Fani Kayode?

Chief Victor Babaremilekun Adetokunboh Fani-Kayode, Q.C., SAN, CON (1921–1995) was a leading Nigerian politician, aristocrat, nationalist, statesman and lawyer. He was elected deputy premier of the Western Region of Nigeria in 1963 and he played a major role in Nigeria's legal history and politics from the late 1940s until 1995.

He's the father of Femi Fani Kayode who was the Minister of Aviation from 7 November 2006 to 29 May 2007.

What happen in the first coup carried out majorly by soldiers of Igbo ethnicity

".... Of all the regions in the country and at the federal government, the Western Region was the only government with a deputy premier. When Nwobosi’s convoy arrived at the front of Fani-Kayode’s residence at Iyaganku GRA, they were shocked at the number of armed thugs that were present between the hundred metre road main gate and the main residential building. The thugs quickly ran away after being awoken by a slowly moving convoy of 16 gunners, 2 lance bombardiers, 2 sergeants, 1 battery quartermaster sergeant, 1 second lieutenant, 1 trooper and 1 captain in two 3 tonners and a Land Rover.

If the violence, the rapes, house burning, lynchings, intimidation of opposition lecturers, election rigging and all other woes that had engulfed the Western Region had a face, it was that of the 44-year-old Remilekun Fani-Kayode, a Cambridge-educated lawyer who presided over the government thugs infrastructure. From 1959, he was a pro-Zik NCNC politician before Akintola poached him in 1962 and made him the Minister of Local Government and Deputy Premier of the most advanced Region in the country.

According to Nwobosi, they were surprised that Fani-Kayode’s thugs quickly ran away because it contradicted the legendary stories of Fani Power they had heard. They were rather prepared for a confrontational showdown.

“Fani-Kayode! Come down you are under lawful arrest by the army” Nwobosi shouted. He said lawful because the forged signal issued in the name of Maimalari stated Fani Kayode’s arrest as one of their objectives. The compound like the city was in darkness. Visibility was provided by the headlamps of the convoy parked on the driveway.

“I am coming. I am coming; don’t shoot.” Fani-Kayode was reported to have responded from upstairs. He did not move. Nwobosi called out again. But Fani-Kayode did not move.

Nwobosi then fired his gun into the ground as a warning. When their target did not bulge, they broke a glass panel in the door to gain entrance and started ransacking the house and intermittently shooting. The children were terrified and weeping. They found Fani-Kayode in his bedroom with his hands already upstretched like twin towers above his uncombed high hair.

“I surrender…I surrender…I surrender…” he chanted repeatedly already drenched in fear. Again Nwobosi and his gunners were surprised to see the feared embodiment of the legendary Fani Power shuddering.

Nwobosi, 23 addressed the 44-year-old deputy premier: “You have wasted a lot of time – we could have shot you.”

They tied him with rifle slings in front of his wife and 3 children and tossed him in the 3 tonner. His wife picked up the phone and called the Premier to report the arrest.
Akintola tried to calm her down and assured her that he would get him released as soon as possible."

After what Femi Fani Kayode witnessed as soldiers of the Igbo ethnicity arrested his father, tied him with rifle slings in front of his mother and his siblings. You think he will forgive igbos people and be doing lovey dovey with them without hidden agenda? You figure it out yourself.

Another scenario: Femi Fani Kayode vs Bianca Ojukwu 

The famous quote of Femi Fani Kayode

“I was not a tribalist when I had a long-standing and intimate relationship with Bianca Onoh, an Igbo lady, who later married Colonel Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, the leader of Biafra and who is now our Ambassador in Spain,”

I don't think anyone of Igbo ethnicity would love what Femi Fani Kayode said about Bianca, the wife of their war hero.

With all these, I pray the romance and love between the Igbos and Femi Fani Kayode yields good fruits.

#minorityOpinion

54 Years After: British Secret Files on Nigeria’s First Coup

Oil, Politics and Violence: Nigeria's Military Coup Culture (1966-1976)
By Max Siollun

Re: The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. by DanseMacabre(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2020
Re: The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 06, 2020
H
Re: The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 06, 2020
Y
Re: The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. by festacman(m): 5:42pm On May 06, 2020
FFK
Re: The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. by Sammy07: 5:43pm On May 06, 2020
Re: The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. by Sammy07: 5:48pm On May 06, 2020
Well, we told them.
But you know Igbos loves praises, what will boost their Ego.

Kemi
Fayose
FFK
Saraki.

They sang their praises, what's the end after Kemi sing their praises??
Anyways, we dash them the 4 people up there

1 Like

Re: The Fake Love Between Femi Fani Kayode And The IPOB. by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 06, 2020
Sammy07:
Well, we told them.
But you know Igbos loves praises, what will boost their Ego.

Kemi
Fayose
FFK
Saraki.

They sang their praises, what's the end after Kemi sing their praises??
Anyways, we dash them the 4 people up there

Don't tell igboman not to touch fire. Let him touch it and learn lesson.

(1) (Reply)

Gov.wike Orders Prosecution & Auction Of 14 Persons With Their Cows & Trailers / How Speaker Of Lagos Assembly, Obasa, Clerk Deceived House Members / What Does Boss Mustapha Want From Ministry Of Power?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.