Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church (78229 Views)

RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video) / Pastor And Masquerade Go Toe-To-Toe While 'Evangelizing' In Market Place / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Sixfeetbelle: 11:02am On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:

Be Sincere! When last did u do that!

I don't you Spend time with GOD Like I do..

I am not sure you pray to GOD like I do..

But in all, it hurts me that The House of GOD is not given it's place in our Nations Affairs!

I might be able to cope due to my personal relationship with GOD But what of others!

Multitude of People are Living Hopelessly and Helplessly! Many living the Earth without JESUS CHRIST!
If these things don't Hurt you, they Hurt Me..

People are not drawing closer to God because Christians are not doing enough. They preach liberation and yet her people can't feed on a daily basis. How much has the church done to cater for the less privileged in this era that will make people yearn for God? Jesus feed 5000 people and multitudes followed him. He did not need to use the temple to do that yet thousands followed him anyways. Did the church emulate this especially in this period?

The same church that is clamouring for attendance did not ask to know if this may have been God's way of bringing back his lost sheep whom his chosen have forgotten to feed, clothe and shelter. In this period was when the church should have done more and they failed. Every soul lost shall be accounted for believer, know ye this.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Emmacolinho(m): 11:02am On May 07, 2020
I know that I might get attacked for what I'm about to type but I don't care!!! All these abnormalities points towards a direction and that is that the world is about to end my dear brethren rapture might not happen in your lifetime but if you close your eyes today in death your rapture has taken place please do not loose focus on heaven because of these distractions. Ask yourself if you die today where would your soul go

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by PrinceDave001(m): 11:02am On May 07, 2020
kolaaderin:
because food is essential.
very essential.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by thegloor: 11:04am On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:
Mr Oyedepo, now more than ever, the Nigerian Church has shown it's self to be extremely non-essential. At the start of the year all the Nigerian churches proclaimed that 2020 would be our year, a year of GREAT HEALTH, GREAT WEALTH AND MAGNIFICENT BLESSINGS.

Well so far 2020 has been awful, and Nigeria and the world are staring at a recession/depression. So pastors of Nigeria, why didn't you people foresee this pandemic? Why are you not healing the sick COVID-19 patients? It just goes to show you all that their miracle shows are carefully choreographed drama shows.

Post COVID-19 expect empty seats in your churches, the people are waking up.

That last part won't happen
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Tareq1105: 11:05am On May 07, 2020
Zooposki:
Never knew Oyedepo was this foolish.

Truth is bitter. Did you watch the video of the crowd at our banks in Lagos on Monday? Have you been to the market lately? Was social distance observed? Can worshippers in churches ever be that close? At Area 1 by Fed Secretariat there, I witnessed Muslim prayers for 2 pm and 4 pm yesterday while repairing my car. There was nothing like social distance. These are obvious truth. But church can't congregate.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by guy222: 11:07am On May 07, 2020
asamaigho:

so u mean its d 20naira offering oyedopo bought his jets with? dont be silly.
there are several millionaires/billionaires in those churches who donates as they 'will'. and they have never complained.

stop deceiving urself.
how did oyedopo makes his money, how much did he wealth before going into the ministry? Which business was he doing or which ministry or parastatar did he ever work before? Oyedopo started his ministry as a young corper, how much did he wealth as a young corper. Answer this question or better still shout your trap

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Gvnl(f): 11:08am On May 07, 2020
You should listen attentively before you quote someone. If you followed the message, you'll hear him say this virus is 'demonic.'

He was only trying to say that the enemy which is the devil who knows the church is a place of refuge, is out to keep the church closed. In his message, he quoted from the book of John where Jesus told His disciples that they were cleansed by His words. In other words, when they people of God gather to hear the word of God, they are cleansed by the word of God(This is what the devil is against).

The Bishop in his midweek teaching last night encouraged the body of Christ to pray and went further to utter prophetic declarations, quoting from the scripture that the gates of hell shall not prevail against the church.

The word of God says, "In His presence there is fullness of Joy." When we gather together we ten thousands to flight. The word of God also says "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God." Therefore, anything that would want to stop believers from gathering together is DEMONIC(COVID-19).

Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6kHnwuJys
IT'S WRONG TO ALLOW PEOPLE IN MARKET FOR 6 HOURS AND NOT ALLOW PEOPLE IN CHURCH FOR 2 HOURS- OYEDEPO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Golan007: 11:08am On May 07, 2020
PHijo:

1. We don't have 100 million BVN in Nigeria
2. If we use an exchange rate of 400 naira per USD, giving 100 million people 250usd will amount to 25 billion usd . That amount can be raised by the state. Nonetheless, that is not the figure I am suggesting.
3. The figure I am suggesting should be close to 40 percent of 25 billion usd
4. Nigeria has about 40 million bvn. Meaning that 10 billion usd will be the most we would require for the scheme.
5. In terms of GDP, 25 billion USD is less than 7 percent of Nigeria's GDP.

So you are suggesting we distribute 25 billion dollars ?

grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Minemrys: 11:08am On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential
u can pray at h0me, can't you?
Jesus: verily, i say to you, a time would c0me where man would no l0nger go to synagogues, temples to pray but the spirituality of their minds. <n0t the quote bt that's it, isn't it?>
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 11:09am On May 07, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

People are not drawing closer to God because Christians are not doing enough. They preach liberation and yet her people can't feed on a daily basis. How much has the church done to cater for the less privileged in this era that will make people yearn for God? Jesus feed 5000 people and multitudes followed him. He did not need to use the temple to do that yet thousands followed him anyways. Did the church emulate this especially in this period?

The same church that is clamouring for attendance did not ask to know if this may have been God's way of bringing back his lost sheep whom his chosen have forgotten to feed, clothe and shelter. In this period was when the church should have done more and they failed. Every soul lost shall be accounted for believer, know ye this.
I Believe the Church has Very well in these times..

I have not personally gotten anything but I have seen the Church put smiles on the faces of people!

But those who put out their deeds In the Nesia and those who didn't!

Not everybody does this Media thing..

A Whole lot of folks have been well taken care of by the church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Froshhh7(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2020
[quote author=GamalNasser post=89260917]Oyedepo is wrong on this , Nigerians can pray at home , the only thing he is missing is the daily offering[/ oyedepo does not like money he if he grab one covid 19 he go heal am sharply dats what he meant]

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Froshhh7(m): 11:10am On May 07, 2020
Let me finish dis EBA b4 I comment
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by bigzeru: 11:11am On May 07, 2020
Reelmii:
so u cant read the word of God on ur own,, the bible says that God is ominipresent, meaning he is every, he is not limited to the church, mind u, the church is just a structure, the is ur mind... u can fellowship in ur house and still find peace and joy, except u have a spiritual problem

The spiritual race is individual, everyone read and interpret the bible differently. God is present everywhere, but how perceptive are you to God wen u are in ur house. Remember, there are times and season, how u understand it,determines how God will respond to u.
Dont forget the children of isaka in the bible.

NB; We Christians should be watchful of our words
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by lomprico(m): 11:11am On May 07, 2020
gaius01:
quote author=lomprico post=89279622]

if everyone can buy food online do u think any market or supermarket will be allowed to open anywhere?

it's not possible to buy food the way u sit in your house and follow church online or through local TV or radio stations. why is he not contented with the online he is doing?

people must eat and the effects of hunger is or can be worse than the virus scourge.

Oyedepo is Totally wrong on this and sounds greedy to me.

Well I respect your opinion
But Leaving the market open for 6 hours is vulnerable to the people that they might contact the disease

yes but we dont have a choice on that unlike churching.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by bayelsaowei(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
My hope is that these couple of weeks away from these mega-douchbags would have forced a good number to realize they are "spiritually" non-essential entities.
you're right. I expect oyedepo to move into the various testing centers and hospitals curing or healing the sick..

Rather he wants thousands of nigerians to squeeze in an auditorium all for church activities?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2020
olamikunle213:
My brother church is not all about the money, I have been to church several times without no offering to drop if you don't have offering or tithe to drop does not mean you shouldn't go to church so please don't centre everything on money, God bless you sir

So, what is church about that you can't do without?

Prayers? Christ taught us how to pray.

Worship? You can do your worship anywhere. You can either sing or slot in a Christian worship song.

Testimonies? Your life is a testimony on its own. You are not better than those lying in the mortuaries or those who have died from Covid-19. It is not until you share your testimony in public that you have appreciated God.

Learning the Word? In fact, going to church can inhibit your development as a Christian. Religiosity can stop you from having direct relationship with God.

For some people, being unable to go to church has made them redundant. They have become so dependent on church that their progress (which should be tied to the Holy Spirit) is now tied to pastors. When Christ established the church, it was not His plan that we remain listeners forever. His plan was for us to become teachers ourselves. But in today's churches, some people are everlasting pastors while others are everlasting listeners.

So, what is so special about the church? If your Christian faith is tied to church attendance, then you need to retrace your step.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by annyz: 11:16am On May 07, 2020
Chimezirim121:

IT'S WRONG TO ALLOW PEOPLE IN MARKET FOR 6 HOURS AND NOT ALLOW PEOPLE IN CHURCH FOR 2 HOURS- OYEDEPO

The truth is that church is in the mind and God is everywhere.
You can worship your God anywhere as directed by ur spirit in case where church is not available.
Worshipping is not a physical matter but spiritual.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by PHijo(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Vegetables and fruits nko?

What is a plan without adequate funding? We didn't capture health spendings in our budget, and with oil crisis ahead, all we accumulate will be used to service debts, while we will be borrowing to pay salaries. And yet, you are thinking beyond this constraint.

Post Covid-19. But we don't even know when that would be.

This was already happening before Covid-19.

But the country is spending.

We are doing this as well.

Easier said than done.

You don't need to know when COVID-19 will be over!
Sensible countries are already preparing for the post covid-19 era.

People must not have fruits or vegetables. If there is no sensible way to distribute them, let them be given supplements.

Nigeria is NOT spending! The little spends are spent on irrelevant, not thought through plans.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Dilluted(m): 11:18am On May 07, 2020
Who has wasted time to answer you
Ejima1:

How do you mean church Wayo?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Treasure17(m): 11:18am On May 07, 2020
Covid19 keep exposing the personality of these people on a daily basis. So people should gather at the detriment of their lives? Very selfish statements I must say. The government can lock down markets for all they care but essentials are necessary reason they had to regularise their operations. If the government of Oyo state had set a precedent when he flaunted the first order, he might reconsider his words before making them public. These men of God should be more careful and responsible with their words and actions cause the aftermath could be deadly. As a man of influence, you should use your influence to sensitise the doubting ones out there on the need to follow the instructions concerning corona virus and not to enable their thinking with unguided utterances. Very unfortunate. It's obvious this country is a conspiracy theory between the politicians, Religious leaders, Civil Servants and Financial Institutions.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by PHijo(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2020
Golan007:

So you are suggesting we distribute 25 billion dollars ?

grin

If that will help us restructure revive certain segments of the economy, fine. For a country Nigeria's size. That is nothing!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by guy222: 11:20am On May 07, 2020
Why did jesus feed 5000 people and 3000 people with bread and fish respectively, because he knows that when a man is hungry the word of God becomes useless to him at that moment. There is no man that has not eating in a complete day that would take the word of God to heart, jesus know of this hence the reason he fed them. This is Wisdom
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Dilluted(m): 11:20am On May 07, 2020
Here we go again we choose tribalism as against common sense
Marine54:
yaruba Muslims 'll never see anthing good from what he said !
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by bayelsaowei(m): 11:21am On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:
Mr Oyedepo, now more than ever, the Nigerian Church has shown it's self to be extremely non-essential. At the start of the year all the Nigerian churches proclaimed that 2020 would be our year, a year of GREAT HEALTH, GREAT WEALTH AND MAGNIFICENT BLESSINGS.

Well so far 2020 has been awful, and Nigeria and the world are staring at a recession/depression. So pastors of Nigeria, why didn't you people foresee this pandemic? Why are you not healing the sick COVID-19 patients? It just goes to show you all that their miracle shows are carefully choreographed drama shows.

Post COVID-19 expect empty seats in your churches, the people are waking up.
this should tell the members that their pastors only tell them what they want to hear and not what the bible teaches..

I wonder if these pastors read Matthew 24 : 3- 24 to their members.

Scam all of them
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Golan007: 11:22am On May 07, 2020
PHijo:

If that will help us restructure revive certain segments of the economy, fine. For a country Nigeria's size. That is nothing!

What do you mean 25 billion dollars is nothing and we just borrowed 3.5 billion.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Fortune118005(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2020
Zooposki:
Never knew Oyedepo was this foolish. He should be advocating for them to open up schools and essential businesses before his yeye church. All this money hungry pastors sef.
I pity you undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2020
PHijo:

You don't need to know when COVID-19 will be over!
Sensible countries are already preparing for the post covid-19 era.

Maybe I misunderstood you. I thought you were implying that states should commercialize assets post Covid-19. It appears that what you meant was that states should commercialize assets toward post Covid-19.

People must not have fruits or vegetables. If there is no sensible way to distribute them, let them be given supplements.

No supplement was replicated to replace whole foods like fruits and vegetables. Moreover, needs for fruits and vegetables vary based on many factors.

Nigeria is NOT spending! The little spends are spent on irrelevant, not thought through plans.

Irrelevant things like?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by sabidey: 11:25am On May 07, 2020
Chimezirim121:

these are the first class problems of the Nation. Men full of deception. To build the Nation and steady progress in all directions, you need to do away with these people. There are no intermediaries BTW you and your God. Think realistically and rationally
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Harjardhiy(m): 11:26am On May 07, 2020
Are you a smartphone user?
Do you know you can convert your data to cash, making over 10k daily to 50 weekly by watching and posting videos, chatting, commenting and other fun stuffs
I promise to teach you how. If interested, click on the image below to learn more

https:///Kw9vhxQgIMl3TpTGMWWIqi
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Tissaia(f): 11:27am On May 07, 2020
tonyimadu:

Please sir when wa's the research conducted and by whom. It would be nice if you shared a link so we all could learn from your great wisdom.
We wouldn't want someone else to come tomorrow and say a research was conducted on Christians without any evidence of such research.
Thanks
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/do-atheists-believe-in-god-after-all&ved=2ahUKEwj_5aCNxaHpAhUADmMBHVtQC_oQFjADegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1yTvbEStMw8ciGEYhwqQkP
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by dapadawee: 11:28am On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:

My Brother, all through these times, I have been going to Church!

Not only that! I Go out for Evangelism on the streets every Friday and Saturday!!

Slap of being beaten does not Stop us! It's part of the The things to encounter!

I am ready not only to be beaten but to be Killed for The Name of JESUS
that means your church has disobeyed government order contrary to the word of God
only an unknown church will open when there is a lock down directive u know redeem church cannot open when government says otherwise u know we are in almost all the nation of the world.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Pornographic Films Shot In Catholic Church Without Permission / Interesting - The Many Faces Of Jesus / Stephanie Otobo "Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against FG"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.