Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? (22045 Views)

Chinese Doctors Have Started Working In Isolation Centres –Lai Mohammed / Abia Isolation Centres In Poor State – Resident Doctors / FG Converts NYSC Camps, Stadia To Coronavirus Isolation Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by ufine200(m): 3:11pm On May 08, 2020
Is like running away from hospital to treat yourself with local herb
Lack of trust
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by donmik: 3:11pm On May 08, 2020
Truly, our gov't should answer this question o.

Do the whites run out like this?

A truly sick person would have to stay where he is being cared for.

It's therefore an indication that they are either forced there or they are Not being given the suitable treatments.

Are we even sure of the validity of their test?

I have seen something in Nigeria in 2020 in my life.

Well, only God can defend the common man from hunger, stigma, imposition, hoax, neglect and the likes

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Halexgos3(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2020
dingbang:
true.
Yea but it a lie because the true can be around some fact that relate to lie but people may refer it to true if the lie is not that true
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by ignis: 3:12pm On May 08, 2020
Ignorance and stupidity
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Whyze2010: 3:12pm On May 08, 2020
They see it as a detention center.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by dingbang(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2020
I told someone I went for covid test and the hotel receptionist who overheard the discussion raised alarm and the mgt of the hotel called me. They mandated their entire staff to avoid me and even when serving me food, they should drop it on the floor in front of the door.

Result came out and I tested negative.

I forgave the receptionist.

I want to urge Nigerians to change their ways of thinking. I havent even been declared covid positive just test that you overheard me going for, you already think I am a covid carrier. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Ihatefeminist: 3:13pm On May 08, 2020
chop knuckle gee grin you know whats happening wink
mployer:
Some know deep down they don't have the virus.

If you are used to malaria symptoms and hoping a hospital will give you antimalarial injections, then suddenly they said it is covid19. Won't you japa?

It's the best option. Untreated malaria will kill, and the person will be recorded among covid19 deads.

That is why NCDC removed hydroxylchloroquine as a treatments drug, so that malaria fatality will recorded as covid19 fatality. Evil people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by mployer(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2020
tayebest:

Hydroxylchloroquine is not a Covid-19 cure. Stop spreading false information.

But it's a helpful drug in treatment of the symptoms. American FDA has approved it.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by dingbang(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2020
Halexgos3:

Yea but it a lie because the true can be around some fact that relate to lie but people may refer it to true if the lie is not that true
halexgos3 mind yourself.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Halexgos3(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2020
mencer:
They know they're OK but some people said they are not.
And the conditions of the centres are scary terrible
You can never know the reason why you have a reason to make the people reason with you.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 08, 2020
mployer:

If you are used to malaria symptoms and hoping a hospital will give you antimalarial injections, then suddenly they said it is covid19. Won't you japa?

It's the best option. Untreated malaria will kill, and the person will be recorded among covid19 deads.

That is why NCDC removed hydroxylchloroquine as a treatments drug, so that malaria fatality will recorded as covid19 fatality. Evil people.

Word o

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Chidex50(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2020
Tissaia:
Fear of the unknown
First time you're making sense in this platform as a lady.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by tayebest(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2020
mployer:

But it's a helpful drug in treatment of the symptoms. American FDA has approved it.

Same America goes against it and approve redmirsiv (or what ever spelling). Bottom line is that, they are confuse and clueless at the moment.

The Hydroxylchloroquine will just take care of the malaria symptoms the Covid-19 patient is exhibiting and it does not work for all patient.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by June15(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2020
mployer:

I love you bro.. you too much

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:
I personaly hate anything hospitals, I don't even visit sick relatives until they return home, I hate the smell, the uniform, the drugs, the sad faces.. I fvcking hate everything... so as I am I might be tempted to run... rather than spend a whole 14 days in that place
And I pray your kids and wife including you never get sick, in case it happens, it will be hell for you.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by ANYANWUI(m): 3:19pm On May 08, 2020
Remember your in Nigeria. the patients aren’t been taken care of this the only reason they will run away. No reasonable person that will be taken to where he / she will be treated, and he will run away.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by apexc1547: 3:22pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by juanmiguel: 3:24pm On May 08, 2020
Quality20:
Well we got no covid in Igbo land, so I can't help u answer ya question! I think d typical Igbo diet of ugwu leaves mixed wit bush meat or pork really helps.
Judging from your spelling of Ugu as 'Ugwu'. One can tell that you are not of the Igbo tribe.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by lawsta(m): 3:25pm On May 08, 2020
ddippset:
I think it's mostly bad conditions and stigma.

Nigerians can stigmatize people ehn.

By the time such people recover and return home don't be surprised that your neighbours would treat you like outcasts despite your recovery.

They will be looking at you somehow when you are passing and even tell their children not to play with yours.

Even after 2 years!
you got it. Even after ten years the stigma will still be there

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by TruthSpeaker: 3:32pm On May 08, 2020
Truth be told, a large percentage of COVID-19 patients don’t even require hospitalization to recover. It is just people that develop complications that should go to the hospital. Protocol in most countries recommend a stay at home order for COVID-19 patients.
The core aim of isolation centers as the name indicates is to isolate the patients to prevent them limit their spreading of the disease to a minimal level. Of course while at the isolation centers, they receive medical attention.

I guess people absconding from isolation center do it because of boredom, the inadequate state of the centers, wanting to reunite with their family, food deficiency at the isolation center etc.
In the country I live, COVID-19 patients are instructed to stay at home and do their consultations through telephone. When things get worse, they are then taken to the hospital with an ambulance. Sick people that violate the stay at home order could be charged to court for terrorism and if convicted they could be jailed 5 years.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by femmyapson(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2020
Tissaia:
Fear of the unknown
are you a scoan member?
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by TruthinAction: 3:35pm On May 08, 2020
It appears most isolation centers are like prisons and they don't receive medical attention and food. In fact, they are kept the way they keep mad people.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by OKTolu: 3:40pm On May 08, 2020
The confinement is something else
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by isholamedoo(m): 3:40pm On May 08, 2020
The ones i truly pity in this crisis are the new elected governors in their respective states as they were of the opinion of putting forth their promises during the recent concluded electiom and nw they are left confuse in a disturbed duties of leading the task force in an effort to curb the spread of the ravaging covid 19 in their various states. i wonder hw their citizen will handle the post pandemic when the time comes.. Nigerians will surely come for their heads and there might be no acceptable justification on why promises were nt fulfilled. May God bring a quick end to this o.
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 08, 2020
Due to hunger and improper and dirty isolation center
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by permit(m): 3:46pm On May 08, 2020
sholarr12:
It's been reported several times that some Covid-19 patients ran away from isolation centres and I really find this surprising.

Why do I find it surprising? I do because a patient who runs away risks lack of proper medical care.

Once again, why would a Covid-19 patient run away?
fear of bill Gates vaccine
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by Charly68: 3:49pm On May 08, 2020
Hunger,phobia, ignorance etc
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by apexc4097: 3:54pm On May 08, 2020
[color=#] 330585[/color]
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by gosmoney(m): 3:56pm On May 08, 2020
When isolation centre be like prison no food no proper care what do u expect?
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by apexc1654: 3:58pm On May 08, 2020
[color=#] 1963112[/color]
Re: Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? by apexc1654: 3:58pm On May 08, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID19: 1 In 5 People With Respiratory Symptoms In Lagos Positive– Commissioner / NCDC To Stop Daily Covid-19 Reports And Report Weekly / Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.