Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

HEALTH RISK: How Possible Is It For Asthma Patients To Cope With Face Mask - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HEALTH RISK: How Possible Is It For Asthma Patients To Cope With Face Mask (271 Views)

Wonderful Kola As A Healing Agent For All Asthma Patients / Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HEALTH RISK: How Possible Is It For Asthma Patients To Cope With Face Mask by Yungmil: 10:42pm On May 06, 2020
Could this be a possible health hazard. Asthma patient need constant fresh air for healthy living and survival.

Someone said an Asthma patient had difficulty breathing today, while wearing the compulsory facemask as necessity for going out this period.

Guys what do you think on how Asthma patients can cope with facemask.

Mods please do the needful
Re: HEALTH RISK: How Possible Is It For Asthma Patients To Cope With Face Mask by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On May 06, 2020
Wearing a mask ought to help with your asthma, not inflame it since the mask reduces the number of foreign particles that reach your nose(assuming a good mask too).

1 Like

Re: HEALTH RISK: How Possible Is It For Asthma Patients To Cope With Face Mask by Yungmil: 10:50pm On May 06, 2020
Not in all cases
Re: HEALTH RISK: How Possible Is It For Asthma Patients To Cope With Face Mask by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:23am On May 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Wearing a mask ought to help with your asthma, not inflame it since the mask reduces the number of foreign particles that reach your nose(assuming a good mask too).

It is as if you no know wetin dem dey call asthma. You think say e easy to get wahala with breathing and then cope with it ehn. How can wearing nose mask give you air even the air is breathed in is less not to talk about exhaled air. You don't know what to say park wela
Re: HEALTH RISK: How Possible Is It For Asthma Patients To Cope With Face Mask by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On May 07, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

It is as if you no know wetin dem dey call asthma. You think say e easy to get wahala with breathing and then cope with it ehn. How can wearing nose mask give you air even the air is breathed in is less not to talk about exhaled air. You don't know what to say park wela
Well, considering I am a diagnosed Asthma patient who has over the years suffered some terrible attacks, I would say I know very well about Asthma.

Also, that I wear a mask for at least 11 hours of each work day, I am sure I also know what it means to wear a mask as an Asthma sufferer.

If you have anxiety about not getting enough oxygen and what not while wearing a mask, I suggest you tell your doctor so he can put you on some anti-seizure med to help you cope with that issue.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Chinese Doctors After Their 14-days Isolation. / Causes And Treatments Of Back Pain / The Disease Schizophrenia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.