Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices (38143 Views)

Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre / NNPCL Pegs Ex-Depot Price At ₦479.50 Per Litre / PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by kwasoly(m): 9:21am On May 07, 2020
Golan007:
Good.

Nothing is good here 117 is still equals to 125.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Golan007: 9:22am On May 07, 2020
kwasoly:

Nothing is good here 117 is still equals to 125.

It would only be good when it's free abi?
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by ursamajor: 10:12am On May 07, 2020
PigTormentor:

I know that all that economic explanation is too complicated for you to understand. Pls go back to bed.
I agree with the guy on some points and I made my own observations.

Forget US and UK, how much is fuel sold for in other African countries with less or similar minimum wage?

Angola which is also an oil producing country is still selling oil at about 115 per liter.
In Ghana is about N440 per liter. Ghana is also an oil producing country at a lower level than Nigeria.
It's about N500 Naira in Senegal and much more in some other African countries.
All in all, Nigeria and Angola are the countries with the lowest price of fuel and with similar economic outlook in Africa.

Do some research before castigating people or simply don't comment on issues that you are not sure of. No be by force to comment.

You see my friend you're not a very smart person.
So you conveniently omitted Gabon that pays $255/month, Libya-$325/month, Morocco-$355/month, Mauritius-$251, even ordinary Chad there pays about $125/month.
You also do not realise that purchasing power of currencies are different? Can you compare the purchasing power of Cedi to Naira in their resident countries?
By the way, Angola sells petrol at a lesser price to Nigeria.
https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Angola/gasoline_prices/
Before you switch on your data to type nonsense next time, make sure you know what you're talking about.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by rimijoshua(m): 10:39am On May 07, 2020
yyba:
This is very commendable from Nnpc, BUHARI lead apc administration means well for Nigeria and Nigerians.

check your hard disk.
I am not sure,it is working.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by PigTormentor: 11:03am On May 07, 2020
ursamajor:

So you conveniently omitted Gabon that pays $255/month, Libya-$325/month, Morocco-$355/month, Mauritius-$251, even ordinary Chad there pays about $125/month.
You also do not realise that purchasing power of currencies are different? Can you compare the purchasing power of Cedi to Naira in their resident countries?
Before you switch on your data to type nonsense next time, make sure you know what you're talking about.

Mr smart pant, hope you understand the meaning of NOMINAL GDP per CAPITAL. Go and read up on the NGC of those countries compared with Nigeria then come back for more information.
Only Chad has a lower score than Nigeria and still paying higher minimum wage
What have you contributed to the GDP of Nigeria besides posting propaganda on NL?

Even based on your own link, a liter of fuel in Angola is .286 USD. That's .286 multiplied by 436= N125 per liter.
Yeah, that's cheaper than Nigeria.

Stop wasting your small credit to do infantile research.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Nobody: 11:23am On May 07, 2020
this slash only remind me of yoruba proverbs""Erin ku si ilu ailo pe"means Elephant died in a town where there is no knife.
the second proverb,"Eni to lori ko ni feela" means " A person with head unfortunately does not have cap" the price reduced when we don't have anywhere to go, what a world!

Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Nobody: 11:28am On May 07, 2020
PigTormentor:

Mr smart pant, hope you understand the meaning of NOMINAL GDP per CAPITAL. Go and read up on the NGC of those countries compared with Nigeria then come back for more information.
What have you contributed to the GDP of Nigeria besides posting propaganda on NL?

Even based on your own link, a liter of fuel in Angola is .286 USD. That's .286 multiplied by 436= N125 per liter.

dont cut corners. Use cbn rate as the factor to multiply and not black market rate. Lets see the actual figures after correcting your calculations.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by PigTormentor: 11:40am On May 07, 2020
Gilbertase:
dont cut corners. Use cbn rate as the factor to multiply and not black market rate. Lets see the actual figures after correcting your calculations.

FAIR!

Ok using the CBN rate of 103 to a dollar.

.286 x 361= N103 per liter, that's 20 kobo cheaper than Nigeria. Fair
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Donjuan77: 11:42am On May 07, 2020
it should be sold for #50 or below and should be available with no stress at all
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Nobody: 11:43am On May 07, 2020
PigTormentor:

FAIR!

Ok using the CBN rate of 103 to a dollar.

.286 x 361= N103 per liter, that's 20 kobo cheaper than Nigeria. Fair
20naira cheaper. Now it's Fair. Las las God help us.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by ursamajor: 11:59am On May 07, 2020
PigTormentor:

Oh! So it's about nominal GDP/Capital now abi?
I figured you would try to be clever by half.
You APC apologists compare Nigeria with America, Spain, Italy etc, when it's covid-19 deaths but never not minimum wage, why??
But take poor African countries to compare us with when it's about minimum wage, is that not hypocrisy?
Thank God you agree that ordinary Chad pays more in wages. grin
PigTormentor:

You APC apologists compare Nigeria with America, Spain, Italy etc, when it's covid-19 deaths but never minimum wage, why??
But take poor African countries to compare us with when it's about minimum wage, is that not hypocrisy?
Thank God you agree that ordinary Chad pays more in wages.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by adolf444: 12:01pm On May 07, 2020
They had better bring it down to N50 per liter.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by galaxy2020(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2020
FG still shortchanging us, the true price shouldn't be above #80...yahoo! yahoo!! Government.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by sicily4u: 12:19pm On May 07, 2020
So why kerosene no dey come down ?
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by PigTormentor: 12:38pm On May 07, 2020
ursamajor:

You APC apologists compare Nigeria with America, Spain, Italy etc, when it's covid-19 deaths but never not minimum wage, why??
Thank God you agree that ordinary Chad pays more in wages. grin
You APC apologists compare Nigeria with America, Spain, Italy etc, when it's covid-19 deaths but never minimum wage, why??
Thank God you agree that ordinary Chad pays more in wages.

I don't even see any reason why any reasonable person will compare covid 19 situation to that of US, Italy or Spain. Those countries have way better medical services compared with Nigeria but they have more deaths for other reasons such as climate and others.
Just as it's foolish for any to compare Nigeria with US in terms of covid deaths, it's even dumber to try to compare Nigeria with the US, the richest country in the history of Nations in terms of minimum wage.

Btw, I used to earn minimum wage in the US, many many years ago. You are going to work for every penny of that per hour pay. Not like in Nigeria where most govt workers don't even show up for work but only on pay day. In America you going to work your ass off for every penny.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 07, 2020
jumper524:

Very few countries sells petroleum cheaper than Nigeria.
Subsidies has been completely revoked and it sells this low.
We need to take advantage and stop complaining..

Are you sure of subsidy removal?
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by nanzozo(m): 1:44pm On May 07, 2020
awesomely:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/petrol-to-sell-at-n117-per-litre-as-ppmc-slashes-ex-depot-prices/
Why can't this Pump price be brought to #45 like it used to be?
What's all this slice here and slice there?
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Saint83(m): 1:46pm On May 07, 2020
NNPC is a scam, liar and Fraudster. All the NNPC filling stations are selling at #125 instead of #123, now there are reducing it to #117 while they have not implemented the last reduction. Wayo people.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by SOPoftoday(m): 2:01pm On May 07, 2020
jumper524:

Very few countries sells petroleum cheaper than Nigeria.
Subsidies has been completely revoked and it sells this low.
We need to take advantage and stop complaining..
Sorry o, nations observer, because they have it in much abundance as we do abi? You need to know the statistics bfr judging
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Eborty(m): 2:04pm On May 07, 2020
ursamajor:

Please allow him be...!!!
When some individuals don't know their rights and obligations, they tend to be ignorant of supposed simple facts and knowledge.
Judging with supplies and demands analysis from OPEC memorada. PMS in nigeria should'nt be sold more than #60.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by jumper524(m): 2:07pm On May 07, 2020
SOPoftoday:

Sorry o, nations observer, because they have it in much abundance as we do abi? You need to know the statistics bfr judging
u should check the stats urself.

Both Russia and us has more oil than Naija but still sells higher..
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by ajebuter(f): 2:39pm On May 07, 2020
Still expensive..

N80 last price
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by winningwinner(m): 2:44pm On May 07, 2020
The last regime you vilified sold it less! Tell me, why should I clap for you?
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Legendguru: 4:19pm On May 07, 2020
Oh
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Mryacks: 6:23pm On May 07, 2020
Drienzia:
Dear COVID-19

It’s been over a month since you restricted all our activities, not minding what we all had in place prior to your outbreak. Initially i thought it was just a temporal stay, but days turned weeks, weeks turned months and we’re still waiting in uncertainty.

To say I’m not agitated on how things have turned out is laughable. I wish you never existed, at least not in my generation. What do you stand to benefit in The DEATHS, Those shocked businesses and business trips you’ve halted, those you’ve relieved off their jobs, the hunger and hardship you’ve brought, those exams you stopped not minding how well we’ve prepared for them.

But then I ask, will praying or lamenting bring a solution to this pandemic? “Tongue-tied” But I will keep praying for our front-liners.

Guns can kill but same guns can protect. Arrows can kill but can be used for hunting. Dear COVID-19, I ask again, among your numerous maladies, what advantage have you provided ? You’ve done enough, why not leave and allow us use the rest of the year in healing mentally, emotionally and physically? Living right now is scary. Dear Hunger you know we’ve come a long way, why not spare us for now while we focus on combating this stranger called COVID-19?

Where are the vaccines ? Oh Humanity! See what you’ve been reduced to. But there’s HOPE, whether sooner or later, Humanity will win the fight against this Virus

—————————————————-
Indeed when all these are over, I will appreciate life more and be down to earth. Because it’s obvious God is the giver of life and everyone is equal whether rich or poor. Caucasian or Negroid

An open letter to Covid-19.. cry
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by adetes: 7:02pm On May 07, 2020
His promise is coming to reality
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Remii(m): 8:45pm On May 07, 2020
winningwinner:
The last regime you vilified sold it less! Tell me, why should I clap for you?
its not true if you consider the value in $ and people's income in Naira terms at both periods.
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by Drienzia: 10:08pm On May 07, 2020
Mryacks:

An open letter to Covid-19.. cry
I know you don’t know what a “narrative poem is”
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by RealEzee(m): 11:57pm On May 07, 2020
TruthDefender:
buhari is trying. fuel price is coming down monthly.

next month petrol will sell for 87 naira

within 3 months he will fulfill his 2015 campaign promise by enacting a law to make 1 naira equal to $1

APC very good party. Nigerians good morning
abi due to drop in global oil Price ni
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by witworth(m): 4:24am On May 08, 2020
Until it gets to 50 naira. Then everywhere good. Anyone who's not happy about it should pay double when buying fuel
Re: Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices by aimmoney9: 8:14pm On May 08, 2020
Fuel supposed to be N80 or below by now....but FG is dribbling us....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC / Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon / Instructions Written Down For Buhari, Man Raises Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.