Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

In The United State, An American Is An American, All Are Immigrants - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In The United State, An American Is An American, All Are Immigrants (375 Views)

An American Woman Flies To Nigeria For Her First Meeting With Online Boyfriend / I Just Gave Birth To An American Baby!!! Please Rejoice With Me Guys!!! / Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In The United State, An American Is An American, All Are Immigrants by NLSOFT: 1:00am On May 07, 2020
In the United State, An American Is An American, All Are Immigrants

For people living outside the United States, an American is an American

But you really begin to understand the United States inside the United States and I am not talking about racism or things like that.

In the end, there's really nothing like American. People just migrated from everywhere and began to settle here.

The family of President Trump came from Germany, Hillary Clinton from the United Kingdom, George Bush from the UK and Germany, Governor Cuomo of New York from Italy

The family of President Obama's mother Stanley Ann Dunham came from the United Kingdom and that of his father from Kenya. Many others came from Mexico who came from Europe as well.

Many top African Americans came from Cameroon, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and elsewhere mainly in West Africa. There are many Americans who came from France.

I can go on and on, including the Indian Americans who were crushed. So it's not like anyone here came with a land somewhere. People just came from virtually everywhere, fleeing famine, wars, poverty, or just driven by hopes and expectations.

Some like those in Africa were forced to come here to work for all these folks who were now claiming they own the land. Seeing America as black and white may not give the right picture.

In fact, the country is so big and so diverse that when I got to Miami with the State Department wearing my suit, people noticed that I was coming from boring Washington DC.

It is a different world there and people cannot live without their beaches. In New York, it almost appears like a no man's land.

In Times Square, it can be so chaotic that someone who comes from Washington DC and lives in Mount Pleasant almost feels like he just parachuted from outer space!

American Is Indeed All Immigrants

From All Of Us
Nairalearn.com
Re: In The United State, An American Is An American, All Are Immigrants by khiaa(f): 1:49am On May 07, 2020
NLSOFT:
In the United State, An American Is An American, All Are Immigrants

For people living outside the United States, an American is an American

But you really begin to understand the United States inside the United States and I am not talking about racism or things like that.

In the end, there's really nothing like American. People just migrated from everywhere and began to settle here.

The family of President Trump came from Germany, Hillary Clinton from the United Kingdom, George Bush from the UK and Germany, Governor Cuomo of New York from Italy

The family of President Obama's mother Stanley Ann Dunham came from the United Kingdom and that of his father from Kenya. Many others came from Mexico who came from Europe as well.

Many top African Americans came from Cameroon, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and elsewhere mainly in West Africa. There are many Americans who came from France.

I can go on and on, including the Indian Americans who were crushed. So it's not like anyone here came with a land somewhere. People just came from virtually everywhere, fleeing famine, wars, poverty, or just driven by hopes and expectations.

Some like those in Africa were forced to come here to work for all these folks who were now claiming they own the land. Seeing America as black and white may not give the right picture.

In fact, the country is so big and so diverse that when I got to Miami with the State Department wearing my suit, people noticed that I was coming from boring Washington DC.

It is a different world there and people cannot live without their beaches. In New York, it almost appears like a no man's land.

In Times Square, it can be so chaotic that someone who comes from Washington DC and lives in Mount Pleasant almost feels like he just parachuted from outer space!

American Is Indeed All Immigrants

From All Of Us
Nairalearn.com

America has her natives we are still here.

(1) (Reply)

JUST CURIOUS ,kindly Advice / Travel Resumes Across Europe Amid Hopes Of Economic Recovery / Most Dangerous Places Around The World That Are Not For Fearful People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.