Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

80% Of Infected Persons Don’t Require Hospital Admission - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 80% Of Infected Persons Don’t Require Hospital Admission (375 Views)

Nasiru Gwarzo: 80% Of Kano Coronavirus Samples Test Positive / COVID-19: Countries With More Than 80% Recovery / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

80% Of Infected Persons Don’t Require Hospital Admission by Luckydubby7(m): 4:47am On May 07, 2020
The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic has advised against keeping asymptomatic patients of COVID-19 in isolation centres.

National Coordinator of the PTF, Dr Sani Aliyu, gave the advice on Wednesday in Abuja. He said such persons, who constitute about 80 per cent of those infected were better treated in more comfortable places like hotels.

Aliyu charged states to start preparing and equipping isolation centres with not less than 300 beds.

He explained that the advice to keep those with little or no symptoms away from hospitals and regular isolation centres was because they would not need serious treatment or monitoring, adding that this would make spaces more adequate for those with serious symptoms.

He appealed to citizens to take the outbreak with seriousness, warning, “we must do everything to prevent another spike in the spread of the virus during the eased lockdown phase.

“I’ll like to again emphasise the need for us all to take personal responsibility” for themselves and their loved ones, to observe and obey the new eased lockdown guidelines, regretting the level of abandonment that greeted the commencement of the eased lockdown on Tuesday, especially in Lagos State.

While warning that the COVID-19 outbreak in Nigeria was far from being over, easing of lockdown notwithstanding, he urged Nigerians to cooperate with security agents in observing the guidelines recently issued for the eased lockdown, reeling out some of the critical rules and regulations to be observed so as to keep the spread of the infection down.

“Secondly, we also had a bundle of measures which we realised, if fully implemented, if fully delivered by everybody, will have the same impact as that of an absolute lockdown.
“I must emphasise that the COVID-19 emergency in Nigeria is far from over. Our chances of coming out of this crisis sooner, rather than later, depends on our absolute compliance to the eased lockdown guidelines. The guidelines have specific aspects within them that I’ll like to emphasise.

“Apart from the mandatory overnight curfew nationwide, from 8pm to 6am, we have also provided guidance to banks with regards to access and ensuring that physical distancing applies as well as rules around mass gatherings. We’ve provided guidance on opening times for buses and motor parks, for construction sites and for restaurants.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/80-of-infected-persons-dont-require-hospital-admission/
Re: 80% Of Infected Persons Don’t Require Hospital Admission by BOOOMNAIJA: 4:48am On May 07, 2020
Dear COVID-19

It’s been over a month since you restricted all our activities, not minding what we all had in place prior to your outbreak. Initially i thought it was just a temporal stay, but days turned weeks, weeks turned months and we’re still waiting in uncertainty.

To say I’m not agitated on how things have turned out is laughable. I wish you never existed, at least not in my generation. What do you stand to benefit in The DEATHS, Those shocked businesses and business trips you’ve halted, those you’ve relieved off their jobs, the hunger and hardship you’ve brought, those exams you stopped not minding how well we’ve prepared for them.

But then I ask, will praying or lamenting bring a solution to this pandemic? “Tongue-tied” But I will keep praying for our front-liners.

Guns can kill but same guns can protect. Arrows can kill but can be used for hunting. Dear COVID-19, I ask again, among your numerous maladies, what advantage have you provided ? You’ve done enough, why not leave and allow us use the rest of the year in healing mentally, emotionally and physically? Living right now is scary. Dear Hunger you know we’ve come a long way, why not spare us for now while we focus on combating this stranger called COVID-19?

Where are the vaccines ? Oh Humanity! See what you’ve been reduced to. But there’s HOPE, whether sooner or later, Humanity will win the fight against this Virus

—————————————————-
Indeed when all these are over, I will appreciate life more and be down to earth. Because it’s obvious God is the giver of life and everyone is equal whether rich or poor. Caucasian or Negroid
Re: 80% Of Infected Persons Don’t Require Hospital Admission by Exc2000: 4:58am On May 07, 2020
cool

Nonesense... since when did Boss Mustapha turn a Medical expert? Just tell Nigerians you guys have ran out of bed space at isolation unit

Asymptomatic person can still infect people with the virus

Re: 80% Of Infected Persons Don’t Require Hospital Admission by slyfox35(m): 5:29am On May 07, 2020
Okay
Re: 80% Of Infected Persons Don’t Require Hospital Admission by wonuks(m): 5:36am On May 07, 2020
cool
Re: 80% Of Infected Persons Don’t Require Hospital Admission by dingbang(m): 5:58am On May 07, 2020
angry
Re: 80% Of Infected Persons Don’t Require Hospital Admission by PapaNnamdi: 8:09am On May 07, 2020
I thought the media said it was a deadly pandemic,

modafokas

(1) (Reply)

8 Home Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera. Learn More / Another Total Lockdown Counterproductive – Keyamo / Why Are Feminists As Stupid As This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.