Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo (291 Views)

Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives / Saudi Arabia 'agrees Deal With Vatican To Build Churches For Christians / CAN Criticises Churches For Inviting Nollywood Celebrities, Musicians & Comedian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by kunleham(m): 5:51am On May 07, 2020
The Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide, aka Winners’ Chapel International, David Oyedepo, has questioned the continuous closure of churches over the COVID-19 pandemic, saying he suspects ulterior motives.

Oyedepo, who spoke during the Covenant Hour of Prayer Programme on Wednesday, said if markets could be opened for six hours, there was no reason churches should not be opened for two hours.

The revered cleric said he believed there was a gang up against the growth of the church in the country.

He said, “There is something wrong. For people to be allowed to be in the market for six hours and can’t be in church for two hours, it is an upside-down way of looking at things.

“Which one is more orderly? The market or the church?

“I can smell a rat. The Lord spoke to me on it so strong yesterday. I can smell a rat. Behind all this, how do we stop the church from exploding? The people involved don’t know it.

“The voice of darkness is influencing people at various levels, targeting the church because the growth and expansion of the church is the greatest headache of the devil. But the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The devil and all his agents shall surely pay for this.

“I don’t know what hospital that records the kind of healings that the church of God records. And now hospitals, where people die every day, are open, but the church is closed because the oppression of the devil has no medical cure.”

Earlier, the President of the LoveWorld Incorporated, aka Christ Embassy, Chris Oyakhilome, had slammed church leaders who agreed to the lockdown of churches without praying and consulting with other pastors.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

1 Like

Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by kunleham(m): 5:54am On May 07, 2020
Smell rat Indeed, go direct to your grudges!!! Your cashflow is being affected. Lo batman!!!
Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by skyhadi16(m): 6:05am On May 07, 2020
Well everyone knows which benefits him or her the most, markets or religious houses.
Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by petra1(m): 6:25am On May 07, 2020
The lockdown is satanic . What has it achieved. They said after 2 weeks Cases infected persons will be exposed . I though by now after 5 weeks all the infected person would have had symptoms . Rather it's so so story of false cases we are seeing . Bribing people to claim they have covid.

Also those who are under so called quarantine are not being treated just as Pastor Chris said before that apart from exaggerated figure it is discovered that moat off those who died of covid 19 were not treated in the hospitals. Video also surfaced in Nigeria how those in quarantine are not treated. They are the one using their monies to buy panadol .

In osun some of the quarantines patients had to flee because they were just abandoned in the primary school they kept them with No food no drug .

Where are the billion going to ? Those behind this are they really out to stamp out convid or create panic and fear . Lockdown is running economy down . It's not a medical solution

If we personal care and hygiene should rather be the emphasis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by petra1(m): 6:29am On May 07, 2020
kunleham:
Smell rat Indeed, go direct to your grudges!!! Your cashflow is being affected. Lo batman!!!

If you know how rich oyedepo is you will know that money is not his problem secondly his wealth is not coming from church. He has no salary . He is a business man . Church pastoring is a calling . And the protest against lockdown is about the kingdom of God .

The bible says we must assemble. The church is assembly together .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by ventoh: 6:29am On May 07, 2020
My pastor
Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by maxville(m): 6:50am On May 07, 2020
kunleham:

This is all you think or belive

Do you see other reasons which are the obvious reasons.....Like the fact that people miss gatherings, the comfort and hope the church offers, the fellowship that strengthens the brethren......It has nothing to do with cashflow, do you think lockdown stops cashflow, rather it even opens doors for much more cashflow from foreign lands and givez a much broad reach opportunity

Be positive my brother, not everyone has selfish interest...
Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by Nobody: 7:02am On May 07, 2020
How?
Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by MasterJayJay: 7:09am On May 07, 2020
Market offers essential services.

Church Building doesn't offer essential services.

Markets pay taxes to the government.

Church building does not pay tax to the government.

Humans need FOOD to live. You can worship GOD in your sitting room. Is God no longer Omnipresent?

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.” (John 4:23)

Matthew 18:20 "Where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."

Must they gather in hundreds and thousands?

Gather with your family members in your sitting rooms.

Anyone seeing this lockdown as a persecution against the Church is simply ignorant or a manipulative 'god of men'.
Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by sophiap: 11:38am On May 07, 2020
MasterJayJay:

Humans need FOOD to live. You can worship GOD in your sitting room. Is God no longer Omnipresent?

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.” (John 4:23)

Anyone seeing this lockdown as a persecution against the Church is simply ignorant or a manipulative 'god of men'.

Heb 10:25; Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Every true believer knows the importance of brethren fellowshiping together.
Re: Opening Markets, Closing Churches For COVID-19 Wrong –oyedepo by sophiap: 11:39am On May 07, 2020
MasterJayJay:

Heb 10:25; Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Every true believer knows the importance of brethren fellowshiping together. That is more essential than food in the life a Christian.

(1) (Reply)

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." (Psalm 105:15) / Does Religion Matter To God? / The Saints Are Not Going To Be Judged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.